Pissed off fan

Comments

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    I don't understand how I cannot get tickets to the 2022 tour when I had tickets to the cancelled 2020 tour. I had tickets for the Baltimore show and decided to keep my tickets in lieu of a refund. Then they announce the 2022 tour and because the venue is under remodel the entire show was cancelled. Instead of giving me tickets to another show I am refunded and have to enter into the lottery again. I do and for some reason my request for the Nashville show was unfulfilled. Now I have to try and get tickets through Ticketmasters verified fan sale which probably will not happen since we all know how Ticketmaster works. I have been waiting for 2 years to see a live show and because of some technicality a loyal fan club member who pays his dues every year will likely miss out.  Not sure why I am being left out in the cold when none of this was my fault and feel I should have been given priority and been able to select tickets to the show of my choosing.
    I have a question if you have tickets and you want to sell them on fan to fan can you pick exactly who you want to sell them to I only wanted tickets to Camden and I got them in the ten club presale I am also registered for the verified fan I would be willing to try to buy tickets for your show but in no way do I want to go to that show or travel and I don't want to get stuck with them but I would certainly buy them and let you buy them off me for face value if I could do it for you FYI my member number is $449,XXX and is that even allowed I feel really bad for you you should have been automatically given tickets to another show because yours was canceled
    No, you cannot sell directly to another fan. You can try to coordinate a time - usually in the wee hours of the night - when not many would be online, but it's not guaranteed your buyer will get them. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,190
    I choose not to enter these lotteries specially for NY,Boston,Philly the chances are always insanely low! I feel better to just let go, it’s not worth the disappointment of not scoring.
    I’ve paid my dues since April 93 never let It lapse not once seeing lots of great shows with great seats but these days I just don’t have any interest in the band, So I'm basically paying to post with the hope I’ll use my number one day again to see them but for now I’m good with not seeing them! I feel for those who feel that disappointment I’ve been there but no more..
    I've seen you post this in a few different threads and I'm curious. Why not even try to put in for the lottery? It costs you nothing (other than yearly fees which you don't seem to mind spending). Obviously it's disappointing to not get chosen but with your membership #, I would say the reward would far outweigh the disappointment. 

Unless you're using your lottery choices on shows outside of the northeast in the hopes of not wasting your top picks on saturated markets, then yes, that is more understandable. And you can avoid this post if that is indeed the situation :)
    Pretty much if I see a show like Baltimore I’ll go for it which I did and won but I don’t enter for any big market shows anymore! This time I didn’t see any city I’m willing to travel too see the band, MSG is literally a train ride for me but  I’m no longer interested in seeing them there! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Noload said:
    I choose not to enter these lotteries specially for NY,Boston,Philly the chances are always insanely low! I feel better to just let go, it’s not worth the disappointment of not scoring.
    I’ve paid my dues since April 93 never let It lapse not once seeing lots of great shows with great seats but these days I just don’t have any interest in the band, So I'm basically paying to post with the hope I’ll use my number one day again to see them but for now I’m good with not seeing them! I feel for those who feel that disappointment I’ve been there but no more..
    Sweet irony! That beautiful 10C number is put away.  Hopefully we get a show with floor seating at some point when that low number can shine!
    Maybe the final tour? 
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    Goddamn the popularity of this band combined with their happy home lives.  I'm only being somewhat ironic.  The combination of limited touring with rabid fans equals not enough tickets for the people who want to see them.  Also curse the other bands for not joining with them in 1994 when they tried to take down Ticketmaster as this is also a reason for the scarcity of TenClub tickets as well.  I imagine if they could (they tried in 1996) they could do a fanclub only tour but the problem is the venue and the ridiculous amount of work that takes.

My luck on these drawing is abysmal but I honestly think the band does everything they reasonably can in these situations.  

I've also found that if I really wanted to get to a show, I found a way.  It costs sometimes but so it goes. 
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,987
    I've seen you post this in a few different threads and I'm curious. Why not even try to put in for the lottery? It costs you nothing (other than yearly fees which you don't seem to mind spending). Obviously it's disappointing to not get chosen but with your membership #, I would say the reward would far outweigh the disappointment. 

Unless you're using your lottery choices on shows outside of the northeast in the hopes of not wasting your top picks on saturated markets, then yes, that is more understandable. And you can avoid this post if that is indeed the situation :)
    Pretty much if I see a show like Baltimore I’ll go for it which I did and won but I don’t enter for any big market shows anymore! This time I didn’t see any city I’m willing to travel too see the band, MSG is literally a train ride for me but  I’m no longer interested in seeing them there! 
    All good. I've been lucky to see them a bunch of times. Good to pass the torch for others to enjoy.
    I can go to a local venue, see a great band, no drama attached.
    I do miss PJ...All the people with tix have a great time like I did.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    edited March 2022
    I have been very critical of 10c this past year, but they deserve all the credit in the world for putting this 2022 lottery together. I had no expectation it would happen and fully believed every refunded 10c ticket would become a Platinum ticket. That they got those tickets back into the hands of 10c members is impressive. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Loujoe said:

All good. I've been lucky to see them a bunch of times. Good to pass the torch for others to enjoy.
    That’s exactly where I’m at these days ! I’ve got tickets to see Midnight Oil on their last tour and I’m so damn excited and sad at the same time totally bittersweet feeling but I can’t wait small venue very easy to get tickets, that’s what I like these days no hassle shows..
  • Loujoe said:

That’s exactly where I’m at these days ! I’ve got tickets to see Midnight Oil on their last tour and I’m so damn excited and sad at the same time totally bittersweet feeling but I can’t wait small venue very easy to get tickets, that’s what I like these days no hassle shows..
    So stoked for the Midnight Oil shows. We have NYC, Philly & DC. Thinking about adding Chicago and Boston. Really thought that 2017 would be it, so happy to have another chance to see them.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

Loujoe said:

So stoked for the Midnight Oil shows. We have NYC, Philly & DC. Thinking about adding Chicago and Boston. Really thought that 2017 would be it, so happy to have another chance to see them.
    Damn that is cool maybe I’ll see you in NY show I’ll keep you in mind! 2017 was insanely good
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    The venue not being available is not a "technicality". It sucks, but it happens. That said, I do agree that they could have given the people who held on to those tickets some kind of priority. Hopefully you'll get tickets another way.
    Giving people like me who lost Baltimore tickets priority for this lottery would have only helped people like me who were traveling or were willing to travel for Pearl Jam. It would do nothing for Baltimore locals who lost their show. The only way to make it up to those people is to reschedule the show as soon as possible and offer priority then. 

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    JimmyV said:
    Giving people like me who lost Baltimore tickets priority for this lottery would have only helped people like me who were traveling or were willing to travel for Pearl Jam. It would do nothing for Baltimore locals who lost their show. The only way to make it up to those people is to reschedule the show as soon as possible and offer priority then. 
    It was a shitty situation, no ideal way to make it up to everyone.
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    That I agree with. 

RIP my beautiful Baltimore GA tickets. 

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,987
    ^^That's a tough one^^ 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Hang in there OP! Where there's a will, there's a way!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    i am still holding out hope for them to come through on their promise that they will do something special for those of us that were still holding bmore tickets as they said when they canceled. would have been nice if this was the special thing, but still hopeful. at the same time, but also... WHY couldn't they just come to dc when they found out bmore was renovating??? they haven't been to dc proper since 2009. and haven't been in the region (other than bmore) since 2010. 
    Get in line behind raleigh. 
    As a two-time winner at both Raleigh '16 AND Baltimore '20, I feel this on a deeply spiritual level.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    The only solution is will call only and non transferability for fan club seats

The fact people will decide not to go and sell later (even at face value) is just a big of a problem as scalpers.  I’ll never understand why so many people buy tickets to shows they aren’t even reasonably sure they are attending. 

Those unnecessary ticket requests all lessen your chances of getting selected and the fact it isn’t even for profit almost makes it more frustrating. To me at least 
    I completely agree. No more transferring tickets and or splitting up a pairs. 
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    I somewhat feel the same way. I wish they would do one more tour where sonority mattered. I would take in a show or two and probably cancel my membership after that. That way a couple friends and I could plan on all getting tickets, make a vacation around it and have one last hell of a time together. 
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Just remember… It’s better to be pissed off, than pissed on!!!!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    smile6680 said:
    I somewhat feel the same way. I wish they would do one more tour where sonority mattered. I would take in a show or two and probably cancel my membership after that. That way a couple friends and I could plan on all getting tickets, make a vacation around it and have one last hell of a time together. 
    Seniority does matter when it comes to reserved seating though
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,703
    PP193448 said:
    Just remember… It’s better to be pissed off, than pissed on!!!!!
    My Dad used to say that all the time, until a woman he worked with said that it depended on who was pissing on you. He pretty much stopped saying it around her after that. 
  • smile6680 said:
    The only solution is will call only and non transferability for fan club seats

The fact people will decide not to go and sell later (even at face value) is just a big of a problem as scalpers.  I’ll never understand why so many people buy tickets to shows they aren’t even reasonably sure they are attending. 

Those unnecessary ticket requests all lessen your chances of getting selected and the fact it isn’t even for profit almost makes it more frustrating. To me at least 
    I completely agree. No more transferring tickets and or splitting up a pairs. 
    As someone who was burned for two pair to Krakow 2018 (husband won, too) I respectfully disagree. We were out $440 since there was no way to transfer them and get a refund. We had to cancel our trip to Poland due to a family emergency. It sucks, but it happens. 

At least with transferability, we could have gotten that $440 back. I recall up until maybe 2006, you were able to contact 10c and transfer your tix to another 10c member. I had won tix to one of the NJ shows, but one of our kids was sick, and I thought I might not be able to go to the show. So, I transferred them into my husband's name, just in case I had to stay home. I'm pretty sure that was the last year you could do that.

Now, I do agree that it's unfair and stupid that people buy tix with no intention of going to the show. If fan 2 fan works well, I think it's a great tool since things can and do come up at the last minute.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    tschav said:
    There will be plenty of Nashville circulating on F2F. Happened back in 2020, and I’m sure lots of people will place theirs back on the market once they realize their high 10c number doesn’t get them a great seat or a friend spots them an extra. Just need a little patience and know at least you won’t pay 3-4x face to get into the stadium.
    This is inspirational!  
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    JimmyV said:
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    That I agree with. 

RIP my beautiful Baltimore GA tickets. 
    In reality, many people had to give up tickets to shows as well just based on the scheduling.  My beautiful GA Oakland tickets are gone. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    Yah, it's super tough.  I'm guessing the complexity of trying to manually give baltimore people other tickets, or setup priority in the lotto, the system might not be built for it.

It's also tough because for the postponed shows, only so many tickets would of been cancelled and refunded.   So I'm guessing the odds of getting tickets to the postpone shows in densly populated areas would of been supertough?

Hopefully they put in an effort to play there again once the reno is done.
    smile6680 said:
    That sounds like a plan but I’m of the thought this band will do something special when it’s time to call it over! 
  • sean9769sean9769 Posts: 57
    i am still holding out hope for them to come through on their promise that they will do something special for those of us that were still holding bmore tickets as they said when they canceled. would have been nice if this was the special thing, but still hopeful. at the same time, but also... WHY couldn't they just come to dc when they found out bmore was renovating??? they haven't been to dc proper since 2009. and haven't been in the region (other than bmore) since 2010. 
    I had tix for Raleigh...which became Philly 1.   I had tix for Baltimore ...which became Camden.   Sometimes you just need to regroup and move on vs having a blistered ass.  Look at it this way regarding giving us Baltimore people first crack if they had done such for Camden...If the better part of the people holding tix did so and jumped on that show how do you justify to the people up in the Philly area that there is only lawn remaining and available?  No doubt I get it the lottery can suck sometimes but it is what it is.  Who knows what else they may or may not be doing in 2023 but I think they will make it a point to hit Bmore IF they are playing anywhere. At that time I guarantee some of the same people will be on here then when the lottery fails them.
    2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    sean9769 said:
    I had tix for Raleigh...which became Philly 1.   I had tix for Baltimore ...which became Camden.   Sometimes you just need to regroup and move on vs having a blistered ass.  Look at it this way regarding giving us Baltimore people first crack if they had done such for Camden...If the better part of the people holding tix did so and jumped on that show how do you justify to the people up in the Philly area that there is only lawn remaining and available?  No doubt I get it the lottery can suck sometimes but it is what it is.  Who knows what else they may or may not be doing in 2023 but I think they will make it a point to hit Bmore IF they are playing anywhere. At that time I guarantee some of the same people will be on here then when the lottery fails them.
    I don't think it's just that these shows were canceled, it's that the band/club makes promises to make it up to the fans. They promised a make-up show in Raleigh when the law was overturned. It's been overturned for a while now with no make-up show even hinted at. Granted, this is like proving a negative - just because they haven't been back, it doesn't mean they won't be, but it does feel that way. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited March 2022
    The lottery system is fair.  There’s lots of us and not a lot of shows. I’ve missed out on PJ shows for decades.  It happens.  Life happens.  Supply and demand happens.  It’s no fun but you have to move on.  

I had amazing tickets to an Ed show in 2012 that got cancelled.  He never made up the show.  I moved on lol.  Had to leave a show once right before they took the stage.  Life happens.  Missed out on tickets when they were a mile away from me.  It stung but I still bought the MP3’s. 
    Go to a different show.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    My family just went 0 for 3 in this lottery. But it's a fair system. It just didn't work out for me this time.  The only thing causing this really is the lack of east coast and midwest shows. Out west people are getting GA on choices past their first choice.  But there's only 4 US shows from St. Louis and eastward. Some people win (good for them), and most of us lose. Try again next tour I guess. It's all good.