Pissed off fan

Comments

• I feel bad for the Baltimore people, genuinely. Hopefully 10C will come through on their promise to make it right in the future. The lottery can certainly be a frustrating experience. I’m a lifelong NYer and I stopped going to NY shows back in ‘08. I’ve tried a few lotteries since and never hit for NY. Now I don’t even try. I’ll put in for Hartford, Boston, this year I got lucky with Camden. But the bottom line is there’s always a ticket for the show you want to see if you put in the work. These forums, FB groups, F2F exchange, day of drop at the box office ALWAYS has tickets in my experience, and then faithful stalking of the TM site. My point is, don’t lose hope. If you really want to go there’s a way. I genuinely believe the 10C is doing the best they can to get as many tickets into the hands of fans as possible. Just my $.02
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Just hoping there's more shows in 2023...in arenas.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • I feel bad for the Baltimore people, genuinely. Hopefully 10C will come through on their promise to make it right in the future. The lottery can certainly be a frustrating experience. I’m a lifelong NYer and I stopped going to NY shows back in ‘08. I’ve tried a few lotteries since and never hit for NY. Now I don’t even try. I’ll put in for Hartford, Boston, this year I got lucky with Camden. But the bottom line is there’s always a ticket for the show you want to see if you put in the work. These forums, FB groups, F2F exchange, day of drop at the box office ALWAYS has tickets in my experience, and then faithful stalking of the TM site. My point is, don’t lose hope. If you really want to go there’s a way. I genuinely believe the 10C is doing the best they can to get as many tickets into the hands of fans as possible. Just my $.02
    Agreed. The Baltimore situation really sucks, but I honestly believe that PJ will make it up to ticketholders in some way. I do not view Camden as its replacement show. I think there will be a Baltimore show at the renovated venue, or perhaps at Camden Yards. Time will tell.

As for NYC shows, I have never won the lottery for a show at MSG or in Brooklyn, yet I still made it to every one. You might have to put in some work finding a way in, but tickets always become available. While I did prefer the F5 system, I understand that PJ feels this is the fairest way to allocate tix. I appreciate that they offer this opportunity, even if my lottery record is pretty sad.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    I have a hunch that Camden was penciled in before they knew Baltimore would be canceled. The timing makes it look like it was a replacement show, but that doesn't make much sense. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • mpedone said:
    I have a hunch that Camden was penciled in before they knew Baltimore would be canceled. The timing makes it look like it was a replacement show, but that doesn't make much sense. 
    Agreed,,, especially because there’s was already some rumors floating around of a Philly area show right before the Baltimore cancellation was announced. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • mpedone said:
    Agreed,,, especially because there’s was already some rumors floating around of a Philly area show right before the Baltimore cancellation was announced. 
    Exactly. Completely agree. Now, I'm curious to see if that rumoured Pitt show happens. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• https://youtu.be/-_Y7uqqEFnY, watch the last week tonight clip with John Oliver titled tickets. You will understand why we do not win the lotteries. Ticketmaster only releases very few tickets to the general public so they can sell the rest to brokers (scalpers who use bots). It is very interesting and pretty ridiculous they get away with it. The problem is the venues and Ticketmaster are in bed with one another. 
    I tell people this all the time. Back 2009 at the 4 spectrum shows in Philly I only won night 1 via 10c lottery. But I still was at every show. Night 2 my friend got tickets a few days prior when TM dropped some tickets, night 3 I bought of a guy selling his, and night 4 I went the stub hub route but even then all 4 days TM released more tickets. I remember WMMR in Philly announcing last minute tickets were released. Definitely something a lot venues do. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    https://youtu.be/-_Y7uqqEFnY, watch the last week tonight clip with John Oliver titled tickets. You will understand why we do not win the lotteries. Ticketmaster only releases very few tickets to the general public so they can sell the rest to brokers (scalpers who use bots). It is very interesting and pretty ridiculous they get away with it. The problem is the venues and Ticketmaster are in bed with one another. 
    That has nothing to do with the lottery. It's been explained many times now why this lottery was so difficult.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    Imagine how hard this lottery would have been if everyone who thought they entered really had. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    https://youtu.be/-_Y7uqqEFnY, watch the last week tonight clip with John Oliver titled tickets. You will understand why we do not win the lotteries. Ticketmaster only releases very few tickets to the general public so they can sell the rest to brokers (scalpers who use bots). It is very interesting and pretty ridiculous they get away with it. The problem is the venues and Ticketmaster are in bed with one another. 
    except Pearl Jam managed to work there own deal with them to get more people into the building and to set up a separate fan 2 fan market as well as limiting ticket sales to the verified fan process.

If one did not win lottery to this tour one either mishandled the registration process (which  we have established a lot of people did not read and only signed up for Verfieid Fan, not the ticket lottery) OR tried for very tight shows to begin with like MSG, OR most importanly and most likely entered GA only.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

JimmyV said:
    Imagine how hard this lottery would have been if everyone who thought they entered really had. 
    :D
  • But if Ticketmaster did not hold tickets for brokers no lottery would be needed.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    JimmyV said:
    That is TRUE!  So many people screwed up their entry that tickets fell in my lap I feel like.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JimmyV said:
    I was thinking about that earlier. I've seen so many people say they messed up. Maybe 30% more entries? 

VF is going to be a mess. I'm going for MSG and I have no expectation that I or my husband will be verified. Fingers crossed.

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    But if Ticketmaster did not hold tickets for brokers no lottery would be needed.
    The lottery system is fantastic… equal opp for everyone.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Posts: 312
    But if Ticketmaster did not hold tickets for brokers no lottery would be needed.
    Ticketmaster could give the 10c every seat in the building and there would still be the need for a lottery, as long as demand exceeds supply.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    That's not entire accurate.   Promoters and the Bands sell tickets directly to scalpers, not TM, although there's obviously questions about boundaries when live nation is the promoter.

Plus I don't think PJ does that.   Hence why so many go to the fan club, then verified fan, they lock the shit out of reselling so people don't try to profit off them charging reasonable prices.   If your going to sell below market value,  you need to lock that shit down :)
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Zod said:
    That's not entire accurate.   Promoters and the Bands sell tickets directly to scalpers, not TM, although there's obviously questions about boundaries when live nation is the promoter.

Plus I don't think PJ does that.   Hence why so many go to the fan club, then verified fan, they lock the shit out of reselling so people don't try to profit off them charging reasonable prices.   If your going to sell below market value,  you need to lock that shit down :)

Yeah, PJ has been able to control the distribution of their own tickets, except for venue tickets (season ticket holders, etc)

the point of that Oliver clip is that Ticketmaster is created to be “the bad guy.” Bands cannot sell $2500 tickets like major sports teams do, yet they are expected to charge the same price front row center as seats far away.not ideal for a profit making endeavor. 

ticketmaster fees include substantial rebates to promoters, venues and artists. Oliver actually offered evidence of Bieber scalping his own tickets, as well as falling into a pit on his stage!

• ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    Love that clip of Beebs falling thru the trap door.  Does that make me a bad guy?  I say no.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,666
    If you do the simple math you would see that your above statement is incorrect.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    Ticketmaster is a boogie man. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    edited March 2022
    In the old days, the band took care of fans from cancelled shows and put you on a priority waiting list for any show ypu chose.  My have times changed.

I was cancelled for Toledo 96, next show I went to I had front row center because of the priority list.  A pity they have lost this connection with fans

EDIT see below.  TOLEDO was not cancelled,  it was during the no TM years and we couldnt get tickets.  So for not getting tickets  we were put on a priority list.  See letter below.  Sorry I am old
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,190
    hrd2imgn said:
    In the old days, the band took care of fans from cancelled shows and put you on a priority waiting list for any show ypu chose.  My have times changed.

I was cancelled for Toledo 96, next show I went to I had front row center because of the priority list.  A pity they have lost this connection with fans
    Agreed! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    hrd2imgn said:

Is this true ?  I’ve never heard of this before.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • foriginalsinforiginalsin Posts: 711
    edited March 2022
    I never missed in ny during the f5 days. If it took 6 hours and you had the time, eventually you would score. So then EVERYONE complained, “who has the time to just refresh a system till you get tickets in the middle of the week when you have a job?” 

So pearl jam changes to a completely random lottery system that gives everyone the same odds yet still rewards seniority with where you sit if you get tickets. You have a week to decide what you want to do and figure out logistics etc. 

So now people are again complaining about a system that at the current moment, may be the best system any band has created. They combat scalping by creating a system where it can only be resold at face value. 

Is the system perfect? No. But pj doesnt get to control everything. They took on Goliath and lost. Instead of giving up, they chose to work within the system to improve it. 

Back in the day…..blah blah blah. People now are paying millions of dollars for real estate in the metaverse. Millions for virtual property. The world is constantly evolving and changing. Wait till people start complaining about their virtual seat location in the metaverse during a virtual show. 

I think pj has done a tremendous job regarding the ticketing issue over their entire career. 

Ive been shut out for an entire tour. It sucks. It sucks what happened in carolina. It sucks what happened in baltimore where I had tickets.  

Lifes shitty. You gotta deal with it. Thank the universe that pearl jam is still around. 

Post edited by foriginalsin on

Wait till people start complaining about their virtual seat location in the metaverse during a virtual show.
    Oof, yeah, sounds ridiculous but it's coming. I've already "attended" a virtual Foo Fighters show, basically just a pre-recorded performance displayed on a big virtual screen. You got to walk around in little pods with other avatars but everyone was able to have the same view. I could totally see them have different levels available that would have better views or something.

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    edited March 2022
    Sorry found the letter, NOT for cancelation,  even better.

For not being able to get a ticket, 
    I was put on the priority list!  

Keep in mind we had to MAIL our tenclub ticket requests.  Internet was still a baby back then.
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    hrd2imgn said:

Keep in mind we had to MAIL our tenclub ticket requests.  Internet was still a baby back then.
    That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing. Those mail in days were nuts. I was trying to remember how they informed you if you were selected or not for tickets.  Did they mail us a receipt?  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    hrd2imgn said:

That s awesome!!!!! That was probably the last tour they did that for.   Great find bud!  Thanks for sharing.  :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......