Pissed off fan

I don't understand how I cannot get tickets to the 2022 tour when I had tickets to the cancelled 2020 tour. I had tickets for the Baltimore show and decided to keep my tickets in lieu of a refund. Then they announce the 2022 tour and because the venue is under remodel the entire show was cancelled. Instead of giving me tickets to another show I am refunded and have to enter into the lottery again. I do and for some reason my request for the Nashville show was unfulfilled. Now I have to try and get tickets through Ticketmasters verified fan sale which probably will not happen since we all know how Ticketmaster works. I have been waiting for 2 years to see a live show and because of some technicality a loyal fan club member who pays his dues every year will likely miss out.  Not sure why I am being left out in the cold when none of this was my fault and feel I should have been given priority and been able to select tickets to the show of my choosing.

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    I don't understand how I cannot get tickets to the 2022 tour when I had tickets to the cancelled 2020 tour. 
    You explain why pretty well within your next few sentences.

If the Eddie Vedder solo shows are any indication, there may be plenty blocks of seats released between now and showtime through the public sale.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    edited March 2022
    People will be selling tickets as we get closer to the date. 
    Post edited by Go Beavers on
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Definitely feel for Baltimore people. Would have been nice if they gave you all priority access.
  • I appreciate the comments, just frustrating. I hope some tickets come available and the price is not to inflated. 
  • i am still holding out hope for them to come through on their promise that they will do something special for those of us that were still holding bmore tickets as they said when they canceled. would have been nice if this was the special thing, but still hopeful. at the same time, but also... WHY couldn't they just come to dc when they found out bmore was renovating??? they haven't been to dc proper since 2009. and haven't been in the region (other than bmore) since 2010. 
    1998: DC
    2003: Charlotte
    2008: Virginia Beach /  DC / EV Solo DC
    2009: Outside Lands San Fran / Philadelphia 4 / EV Solo Baltimore
    2010: Bristow
    2013: Wrigley Field / Baltimore / Charlottesville
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    The only solution is will call only and non transferability for fan club seats

The fact people will decide not to go and sell later (even at face value) is just a big of a problem as scalpers.  I’ll never understand why so many people buy tickets to shows they aren’t even reasonably sure they are attending. 

Those unnecessary ticket requests all lessen your chances of getting selected and the fact it isn’t even for profit almost makes it more frustrating. To me at least 
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    i am still holding out hope for them to come through on their promise that they will do something special for those of us that were still holding bmore tickets as they said when they canceled. would have been nice if this was the special thing, but still hopeful. at the same time, but also... WHY couldn't they just come to dc when they found out bmore was renovating??? they haven't been to dc proper since 2009. and haven't been in the region (other than bmore) since 2010. 
    Get in line behind raleigh. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,091
    i am still holding out hope for them to come through on their promise that they will do something special for those of us that were still holding bmore tickets as they said when they canceled. would have been nice if this was the special thing, but still hopeful. at the same time, but also... WHY couldn't they just come to dc when they found out bmore was renovating??? they haven't been to dc proper since 2009. and haven't been in the region (other than bmore) since 2010. 
    At least they sent you stickers if you asked. We got shit…
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited March 2022
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    Yup. Six years and counting…
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    Hopefully they will still do something for Baltimore and Raleigh. They should reschedule shows in both places. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    Truth! Can’t wait to attend that make-up show in 2030
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    There will be plenty of Nashville circulating on F2F. Happened back in 2020, and I’m sure lots of people will place theirs back on the market once they realize their high 10c number doesn’t get them a great seat or a friend spots them an extra. Just need a little patience and know at least you won’t pay 3-4x face to get into the stadium.
  • radiorob123radiorob123 Indianapolis Posts: 22
    tschav said:
    There will be plenty of Nashville circulating on F2F. Happened back in 2020, and I’m sure lots of people will place theirs back on the market once they realize their high 10c number doesn’t get them a great seat or a friend spots them an extra. Just need a little patience and know at least you won’t pay 3-4x face to get into the stadium.
    I have no idea how this F2F thing works, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it. 

08/20/16 - Wrigley Field
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112
    This is nothing to be pissed off about. It’s a concert. If you don’t go to a Pearl Jam show in 2022, it is not the end of the world. 
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    At least they sent you stickers if you asked. We got shit…
    100%. I was 1 of the fortunate 2. 

But for the other 18k, tough pill for sure especially with hardly any notice and it being the bands choice. I think that’s the big difference.  They logistically couldn’t just switch to DC on this tour, but they could have logistically re-done Raleigh several times since. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    KM73780 said:
    This is nothing to be pissed off about. It’s a concert. If you don’t go to a Pearl Jam show in 2022, it is not the end of the world. 
    You can be pissed about something that you really enjoy and look forward to.  
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,987
    Sorry. It stinks.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    I don't understand how I cannot get tickets to the 2022 tour when I had tickets to the cancelled 2020 tour. I had tickets for the Baltimore show and decided to keep my tickets in lieu of a refund. Then they announce the 2022 tour and because the venue is under remodel the entire show was cancelled. Instead of giving me tickets to another show I am refunded and have to enter into the lottery again. I do and for some reason my request for the Nashville show was unfulfilled. Now I have to try and get tickets through Ticketmasters verified fan sale which probably will not happen since we all know how Ticketmaster works. I have been waiting for 2 years to see a live show and because of some technicality a loyal fan club member who pays his dues every year will likely miss out.  Not sure why I am being left out in the cold when none of this was my fault and feel I should have been given priority and been able to select tickets to the show of my choosing.

I also got shafted by the Baltimore ticket decision but this band can be an impossible ticket, especially in the northeast and other big cities. Which of course makes the Baltimore decision to do nothing even more perplexing.

Hang in there and keep trying. As long as we keep at it, we have a chance. 
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    KM73780 said:
    I'm on the other side of this idea... I'm not as pissed about missing one show as I am about how the entire Baltimore debacle was handled.  Even if they said today that they were having a Baltimore show, I'd still be pissed and not excited about it (given it plenty of thought, too).

Basically pulled the rug out from under us after two years of nothing - Raleigh was a late decision but at least it was based on a moral reason that required immediate action in days or hours, but they had literally months to find a solution to the Baltimore venue being renovated, and still made a last-minute decision that had a bunch of fans fall flat on their faces. 

Raleigh was absolutely worse, time-wise, but Baltimore just feels different and completely took the wind out of my sails in terms of wanting to see the band right now.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,208
    Between the verified fan sale and the F2F sales, you'll be able to get tickets.  Just be patient.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    They should move the Baltimore show to the Pier 5 Amphitheatre. That place is awesome! 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    edited March 2022
    Crew said:
    KM73780 said:
    I'm on the other side of this idea... I'm not as pissed about missing one show as I am about how the entire Baltimore debacle was handled.  Even if they said today that they were having a Baltimore show, I'd still be pissed and not excited about it (given it plenty of thought, too).

Basically pulled the rug out from under us after two years of nothing - Raleigh was a late decision but at least it was based on a moral reason that required immediate action in days or hours, but they had literally months to find a solution to the Baltimore venue being renovated, and still made a last-minute decision that had a bunch of fans fall flat on their faces. 

Raleigh was absolutely worse, time-wise, but Baltimore just feels different and completely took the wind out of my sails in terms of wanting to see the band right now.
    You think it was a last-minute decision to cancel Baltimore? How so? Last-minute to what? Raleigh was last-minute, as people found out on their way to the show. It's not like any of us had to cancel flight or hotel rooms over Baltimore. 

Would you rather they just booked a show there right after the reno was geeen-lit? That would have gone over great - "Hwy PJ fans, Baltimore show next Tuesday!" 

Are you privy to information the rest of us aren't? Do you know that they weren't trying to figure something out? Maybe they wanted to keep the show in Baltimore, not DC? I know they're close, but it's not like we're talking Minneapolis & St Paul. Maybe Stone had a crab costume he REALLY wanted to break out. Point is, we don't know what went on behind the scenes, so to say, "They didn't even TRY!" is nothing more than rank speculation.

We're all upset about the cancelation, and most of us don't think they'll follow through on the promise to "make things right", but until someone with actual inside info comes out and tells me what the band did/didn't do, I'm not going to get angry about stuff I imagined they did. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,189
    I choose not to enter these lotteries specially for NY,Boston,Philly the chances are always insanely low! I feel better to just let go, it’s not worth the disappointment of not scoring.
    I’ve paid my dues since April 93 never let It lapse not once seeing lots of great shows with great seats but these days I just don’t have any interest in the band, So I'm basically paying to post with the hope I’ll use my number one day again to see them but for now I’m good with not seeing them! I feel for those who feel that disappointment I’ve been there but no more..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    tschav said:
    I have no idea how this F2F thing works, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it. 

F2F tickets are put back into the TM pool so just keep checking the event page after the verified sale is done. Tickets do go quickly and are not saved once in your cart, but if you're quick enough you should be able to score some tickets.
    NYPJ
  • pthomnpthomn Posts: 116
    be careful of the jacked up prices on TM platinum tickets. I was dumb enough to pay 1K for 1 ticket to beacon. 

emotions run high thinking you will miss out but there will be other options to buy. the slowly released more for way below that price and there were plenty of people selling tickets before the show...

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    pthomn said:
    be careful of the jacked up prices on TM platinum tickets. I was dumb enough to pay 1K for 1 ticket to beacon. 

emotions run high thinking you will miss out but there will be other options to buy. the slowly released more for way below that price and there were plenty of people selling tickets before the show...

Again I am almost positive they said market priced tickets will not be dropped until a later time. I take that as Verified Fan ticket sale day will not have these available. 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I choose not to enter these lotteries specially for NY,Boston,Philly the chances are always insanely low! I feel better to just let go, it’s not worth the disappointment of not scoring.
    I’ve paid my dues since April 93 never let It lapse not once seeing lots of great shows with great seats but these days I just don’t have any interest in the band, So I'm basically paying to post with the hope I’ll use my number one day again to see them but for now I’m good with not seeing them! I feel for those who feel that disappointment I’ve been there but no more..
    I've seen you post this in a few different threads and I'm curious. Why not even try to put in for the lottery? It costs you nothing (other than yearly fees which you don't seem to mind spending). Obviously it's disappointing to not get chosen but with your membership #, I would say the reward would far outweigh the disappointment. 

Unless you're using your lottery choices on shows outside of the northeast in the hopes of not wasting your top picks on saturated markets, then yes, that is more understandable. And you can avoid this post if that is indeed the situation :)
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Sweet irony! That beautiful 10C number is put away.  Hopefully we get a show with floor seating at some point when that low number can shine!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    I have a question if you have tickets and you want to sell them on fan to fan can you pick exactly who you want to sell them to I only wanted tickets to Camden and I got them in the ten club presale I am also registered for the verified fan I would be willing to try to buy tickets for your show but in no way do I want to go to that show or travel and I don't want to get stuck with them but I would certainly buy them and let you buy them off me for face value if I could do it for you FYI my member number is $449,XXX and is that even allowed I feel really bad for you you should have been automatically given tickets to another show because yours was canceled