Pissed off fan

124»

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,190
    hrd2imgn said:
    Sorry found the letter, NOT for cancelation,  even better.

For not being able to get a ticket, 
    I was put on the priority list!  

Keep in mind we had to MAIL our tenclub ticket requests.  Internet was still a baby back then.
    That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing. Those mail in days were nuts. I was trying to remember how they informed you if you were selected or not for tickets.  Did they mail us a receipt?  
    Mail in days they’d tell you by mail if you scored tickets and up till 96 I believe they’d mail your tickets! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    What is this mail you speak of? Haha! PJ old farts unite! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,821
    edited March 2022
    The only solution is will call only and non transferability for fan club seats

The fact people will decide not to go and sell later (even at face value) is just a big of a problem as scalpers.  I’ll never understand why so many people buy tickets to shows they aren’t even reasonably sure they are attending. 

Those unnecessary ticket requests all lessen your chances of getting selected and the fact it isn’t even for profit almost makes it more frustrating. To me at least 

People don't read the emails. Even in the will-call days, they'd put in for seven shows and then hyperventilate when their card gets charged thousands of dollars.

10C staff: "Don't put in for the shows if you're not positive you can attend."

10C member: "OMG! I didn't realize my card would be charged! I'm in Kansas and I can't travel to Jacksonville because my kid has a baseball tournament that weekend and I'm the coach and I read the emails and I'm just wondering if there's anything 10C can do!!??!!?! Please help?!???!?!!"
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,821
    I don't understand how I cannot get tickets to the 2022 tour when I had tickets to the cancelled 2020 tour. I had tickets for the Baltimore show and decided to keep my tickets in lieu of a refund. Then they announce the 2022 tour and because the venue is under remodel the entire show was cancelled. Instead of giving me tickets to another show I am refunded and have to enter into the lottery again. I do and for some reason my request for the Nashville show was unfulfilled. Now I have to try and get tickets through Ticketmasters verified fan sale which probably will not happen since we all know how Ticketmaster works. I have been waiting for 2 years to see a live show and because of some technicality a loyal fan club member who pays his dues every year will likely miss out.  Not sure why I am being left out in the cold when none of this was my fault and feel I should have been given priority and been able to select tickets to the show of my choosing.
    I have a question if you have tickets and you want to sell them on fan to fan can you pick exactly who you want to sell them to I only wanted tickets to Camden and I got them in the ten club presale I am also registered for the verified fan I would be willing to try to buy tickets for your show but in no way do I want to go to that show or travel and I don't want to get stuck with them but I would certainly buy them and let you buy them off me for face value if I could do it for you FYI my member number is $449,XXX and is that even allowed I feel really bad for you you should have been automatically given tickets to another show because yours was canceled

Short version: No.

Longer version: If you and your friend are both on at the same time, there's a very small chance. However, even if you do it at 3am your time, keep in mind that's 1pm someone else's time.

Good luck.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392

The fact people will decide not to go and sell later (even at face value) is just a big of a problem as scalpers.  I’ll never understand why so many people buy tickets to shows they aren’t even reasonably sure they are attending. 

Those unnecessary ticket requests all lessen your chances of getting selected and the fact it isn’t even for profit almost makes it more frustrating. To me at least 

People don't read the emails. Even in the will-call days, they'd put in for seven shows and then hyperventilate when their card gets charged thousands of dollars.

10C member: "OMG! I didn't realize my card would be charged! I'm in Kansas and I can't travel to Jacksonville because my kid has a baseball tournament that weekend and I'm the coach and I read the emails and I'm just wondering if there's anything 10C can do!!??!!?! Please help?!???!?!!"
    This is so true lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    mcgruff10 said:

This is so true lol
    Don’t bite off more than you can chew! I’m amazed at how some of ya can still attend all these shows with families. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    edited March 2022
    mcgruff10 said:

This is so true lol
    Don’t bite off more than you can chew! I’m amazed at how some of ya can still attend all these shows with families. 

These days we’re probably heading to having more grandparents in the club than young parents 

Good old days! Much more personal than email 😀
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    edited March 2022
    You know if they sent me an invitation by mail today it would likely end up in the never ending pile and I wouldn't see it for two months. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    You know if they sent me an invitation by mail today it would likely end up in the never ending pile and I wouldn't see it for two months. 
    No doubt! But back then I was glued to any news of the band! 
  • JimmyV said:
    Ha! I get so many vinyl deliveries and 45's fit in my mailbox easily, so I am always on top of my snail mail. Also signed up for informed delivery from the postal service, so I know exactly what will be sitting out there for me before the postman even gets here. We keep the recycling bin outside so I can dump the useless crap in it on the walk inside and not even waste time looking at it.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    mcgruff10 said:

This is so true lol
    Exactly. Put in for shows you know you can attend and plan accordingly. If you get tickets either attend it or eat the money. 
  • drea0129drea0129 Posts: 1
    I was screwed out of tickets as well. Now I missed out on 10c tickets. I feel you. It's getting harder and harder to enjoy a show
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn Posts: 748
    I don't understand how I cannot get tickets to the 2022 tour when I had tickets to the cancelled 2020 tour. I had tickets for the Baltimore show and decided to keep my tickets in lieu of a refund. Then they announce the 2022 tour and because the venue is under remodel the entire show was cancelled. Instead of giving me tickets to another show I am refunded and have to enter into the lottery again. I do and for some reason my request for the Nashville show was unfulfilled. Now I have to try and get tickets through Ticketmasters verified fan sale which probably will not happen since we all know how Ticketmaster works. I have been waiting for 2 years to see a live show and because of some technicality a loyal fan club member who pays his dues every year will likely miss out.  Not sure why I am being left out in the cold when none of this was my fault and feel I should have been given priority and been able to select tickets to the show of my choosing.

You're not wrong, dude....completely agree with your frustration.  i'll reach out if i end up getting any extras through VF Ticketmaster. 
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    If I recall we just were sent a letter stating we scored or did not. I feel like the tickets just came in the mail if you were chosen. We almost never had any issues getting a tenclub seat.  Once things went digital is when all the problems started.  I do not think that is a coincidence either.
  • Nymets30Nymets30 Posts: 51
    i am still holding out hope for them to come through on their promise that they will do something special for those of us that were still holding bmore tickets as they said when they canceled. would have been nice if this was the special thing, but still hopeful. at the same time, but also... WHY couldn't they just come to dc when they found out bmore was renovating??? they haven't been to dc proper since 2009. and haven't been in the region (other than bmore) since 2010. 
    Get in line behind raleigh. 
    At least they sent you stickers if you asked. We got shit…
    Even worse I bought a Baltimore sticker off of 10c a week before they cancelled our concert lol
  • jasonwjasonw Posts: 390
    I remember doing mail in for the 2003 tour. I think you had to send a separate envelope for each show with your check. I got Cleveland, Pittsburgh (back to back days) and State College that tour.