Ticket Request: Unfulfilled

Comments

• JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    edited March 2022
    Image if some of the folks on here had to old school Grateful Dead ticket request it. 

Reading is fundamental 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Yup. Had baltimore. Thought about a quick trip to nash or stl, but opted out due to no idea where my seats would be (146k number) for the re-release if I even won vs waiting for next round of dates. Also didnt want to get my hopes up. 
    I am trying to understand your comment. So you didn’t put in for tickets because you didn’t know where your seats would be located with a 146xxx fan club number, and that was the mitigating factor that made you decide to not go for tickets to a PJ show ?

I understand that you would have gotten your seat(s) from allotment of returned tickets, but for me getting in the building is about 90% of the point IMO.  

Of the few times I had really good seats,  the fellow 10c person I had near me really ruined the the whole experience by their actions.  At Fenway the guy next to me could barely stand up, was highly intoxicated,  kept falling into me,  and obnoxiously screamed the ENTIRE show.  Totally ruining my entire experience!!! 

While one time at MSG in 2003 I had seats behind the stage up high in 400 section, and it was one of my greatest PJ experiences I have ever had.  So for me personally, the best seats didn’t necessarily equal best/ positive PJ experience.  Get in the door and see what happens has been my motto.  Plus your seeing Pearl Jam.  

Just my 2 cents. 
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 830
    JP218404 said:
    Image if some of the folks on here had to old school Grateful Dead ticket request it. 

Reading is fundamental 
    Keep offering to exchange weed for a ticket outside the show?
    On another note remember for the 1998 tour when we had to send in our 10c ticket requests with a self addressed stamped envelope for 10c to send our tickets back to us ???  
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    stickman said:
    On another note remember for the 1998 tour when we had to send in our 10c ticket requests with a self addressed stamped envelope for 10c to send our tickets back to us ???  
    Those were the days. I also have slept outside for pearl jam tickets.
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    RS65573 said:
    stickman said:
    Those were the days. I also have slept outside for pearl jam tickets.
    I remember getting the tour announcements from the calling the 900 number..parents used to say why do you call Seattle multiple times everyday when the phone bill would roll in. :)
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    kaw753 said:
    JP218404 said:

Reading is fundamental 
    Outside Envelope filled out correctly
    3x5 index card. 
    All info to the left In a certain order
    money order filled out correct
    return Envelope filled out correctly with stamp 

weed was last effort before a miracle ask

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    My fanclub membership is from getting tickets to DC on 1/15/95. I won the contest by sending in 250 post cards for tickets to constitution hall, my 2nd PJ show. Came with the free membership I have been renewing ever since.

I and 3 buddies sent in 250 cards each. 2 of us won, so we all went form NJ to DC. Slept on a college campus of a friend. We scalped for the other nights. $215 per show per ticket which was a fortune then. Jack Irons first shows.
    I lost MSG this round, but won for Camden, am happy. Ill find one for MSG close to show. ;)
  • KM73780 said:
    The sense of entitlement to claim that you are being “mistreated” is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. 
    Before criticizing me on my comment, I believe who needs to provide me with further clarification is TC, that's why I sent them email exposing all the situation and requesting what I need to know. Or are you TC or PJ lawyer/attorney to keep indiscriminately defending them without any reasonable arguments, but full of emotional feelings which are not important right now. My post was intended to maybe find a solution or discuss this with other TC members that felt disrespected as well. So if you are not feeling this way, fine for you. Don't act as a TC or PJ legal representative. My dear, if you don't have anything relevant to say about this issue, just stay in the insignificant position you are and don't act as a 8 years old child.
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    JP218404 said:
    kaw753 said:
    JP218404 said:

Reading is fundamental 
    3x5 index card. 

Yup. I spent literally hours at the post office submitting for my shows.  Each show needed its own card, return envelope, and money order. My post office made me do one at a time then go back on line. Another friend was there doing same thing. We just kept alternating spots with a random customer every now and then hopping between us. 

Imagine being a tenclub employee back then and having to process all of that! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
    JP218404 said:
    kaw753 said:
    JP218404 said:

Reading is fundamental 
    3x5 index card. 

Yup. I spent literally hours at the post office submitting for my shows.  Each show needed its own card, return envelope, and money order. My post office made me do one at a time then go back on line. Another friend was there doing same thing. We just kept alternating spots with a random customer every now and then hopping between us. 

My dad worked at the post office, so this part I had some inside help. ;)
    Pretty amazing time to be a fan.

It was HARD to travel as a fan. We would call AAA, get my buddys account rep to send us a trip-tick so we wouldn't get lost. Maps of each city.

I have those early venue directions from ten club. Super cool.
    JP218404 said:
    kaw753 said:
    JP218404 said:

Reading is fundamental 
    3x5 index card. 

It was nuts. Then if ya didn’t get tix and everything sent back you saw you made some dumb mistake and ya out for that show. 

But just like now, winning was 1000% random,  you accepted it and got a tix other ways and always got in.  I guess no social media to bitch on back then :)
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    KM73780 said:
    The sense of entitlement to claim that you are being “mistreated” is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. 
    Before criticizing me on my comment, I believe who needs to provide me with further clarification is TC, that's why I sent them email exposing all the situation and requesting what I need to know. Or are you TC or PJ lawyer/attorney to keep indiscriminately defending them without any reasonable arguments, but full of emotional feelings which are not important right now. My post was intended to maybe find a solution or discuss this with other TC members that felt disrespected as well. So if you are not feeling this way, fine for you. Don't act as a TC or PJ legal representative. My dear, if you don't have anything relevant to say about this issue, just stay in the insignificant position you are and don't act as a 8 years old child.
    Is that you Karen?
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    KM73780 said:
    Random drawing. Do you have reason to belive otherwise? 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    IBTL

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Long RedLong Red Posts: 185
    stickman said:
    Somehow it was all so much easier back then lol 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,190
    stickman said:
    In 1994 I got a letter from 10C announcing the secret show at the paramount theater here in NY, I sent in 35$ I believe for two tickets I was hooked! Great show .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    stickman said:
    In 1994 I got a letter from 10C announcing the secret show at the paramount theater here in NY, I sent in 35$ I believe for two tickets I was hooked! Great show .
    Tried like hell to get into this, could not. Same with the Orphium in 94 in  Boston. I was standing outside. Does that count?

• mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    My two tickets requests were unfulfilled with no further details (L.A. and Glendale). Why??

You requested tickets to two shows that were sold out over two years ago. They released some tickets now based on the amount of people that had asked for refunds.

There were more requests for these than there were tickets available. Tickets were allocated based on a random lottery. You did not win.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,703
    This is VERY confusing! What was after all the CRITERIA used? Why they didn't tell us? I am a TC member for several years, since 2009. My two tickets requests were unfulfilled with no further details (L.A. and Glendale). Why?? I am very confused. I just sent an email for TC saying how mad I am and asking for clarification. I am not based in the US and would travel just to see PJ. Its our RIGHT to know and understand the criteria used. After all, are we REALLY TC members and PJ FANS? Because we're not being treated accordingly! Its disappointed to see the band just don't care about all this mistreatment we are passing through. We should not accept it, we should speak up, send emails, post on social media, make our voice to be heard and request for respect. This is totally unacceptable.
    The criteria was they had X amount of returned tickets and everyone who applied for the lottery had an equal chance to be chosen no matter how long they had been a member. It was a given that there would be more demand than supply. It was all stated clearly in the announcement. I don't think it was mistreatment or disrespect. Now, if you are saying that members who have been in the club longer should have better access to tickets than newer members, that is another issue that has been stated by a number of people during this process.
    RS65573 said:
    stickman said:
    Tried like hell to get into this, could not. Same with the Orphium in 94 in  Boston. I was standing outside. Does that count?

That would of killed me lol but I understand that year I was totally consumed by the band I’m surprised my wife put up with me then! 
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    stickman said:
    Yup. Had baltimore. Thought about a quick trip to nash or stl, but opted out due to no idea where my seats would be (146k number) for the re-release if I even won vs waiting for next round of dates. Also didnt want to get my hopes up. 
    I am trying to understand your comment. So you didn’t put in for tickets because you didn’t know where your seats would be located with a 146xxx fan club number, and that was the mitigating factor that made you decide to not go for tickets to a PJ show ?

I understand that you would have gotten your seat(s) from allotment of returned tickets, but for me getting in the building is about 90% of the point IMO.  

Of the few times I had really good seats,  the fellow 10c person I had near me really ruined the the whole experience by their actions.  At Fenway the guy next to me could barely stand up, was highly intoxicated,  kept falling into me,  and obnoxiously screamed the ENTIRE show.  Totally ruining my entire experience!!! 

While one time at MSG in 2003 I had seats behind the stage up high in 400 section, and it was one of my greatest PJ experiences I have ever had.  So for me personally, the best seats didn’t necessarily equal best/ positive PJ experience.  Get in the door and see what happens has been my motto.  Plus your seeing Pearl Jam.  

Just my 2 cents. 
    Been all over the are as as well. Just too many mountains to move for this tour. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    KM73780 said:
    Is that you Karen?
    Michael Imbimbo
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    mrk2 said:
    My two tickets requests were unfulfilled with no further details (L.A. and Glendale). Why??

You requested tickets to two shows that were sold out over two years ago. They released some tickets now based on the amount of people that had asked for refunds.

There were more requests for these than there were tickets available. Tickets were allocated based on a random lottery. You did not win.
    This is the answer. Seems like some weren’t aware of this or didn’t take into account how few tickets were likely returned. 

It would have helped to have some guesstimate of the odds present, but I think it was apparent that none of the rescheduled, not new, shows would be 99% for first priority. 
  • KM73780 said:
    How is it disrespect / mistreatment when it's a random drawing????  The rules were clear: there would not be a lot of tickets available to the rescheduled shows, and it was made clear that they could be located anywhere in the venue. Inventory was based on returned tickets. Supply and demand. No one is more deserving, it was pure chance / odds.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• This is VERY confusing! What was after all the CRITERIA used? Why they didn't tell us? I am a TC member for several years, since 2009. My two tickets requests were unfulfilled with no further details (L.A. and Glendale). Why?? I am very confused. I just sent an email for TC saying how mad I am and asking for clarification. I am not based in the US and would travel just to see PJ. Its our RIGHT to know and understand the criteria used. After all, are we REALLY TC members and PJ FANS? Because we're not being treated accordingly! Its disappointed to see the band just don't care about all this mistreatment we are passing through. We should not accept it, we should speak up, send emails, post on social media, make our voice to be heard and request for respect. This is totally unacceptable.
    The criteria was they had X amount of returned tickets and everyone who applied for the lottery had an equal chance to be chosen no matter how long they had been a member. It was a given that there would be more demand than supply. It was all stated clearly in the announcement. I don't think it was mistreatment or disrespect. Now, if you are saying that members who have been in the club longer should have better access to tickets than newer members, that is another issue that has been stated by a number of people during this process.
    Yes, it was simply more demand than the tickets that were available.  There's no special criteria for assigning tickets.  Names were just picked at random and assigned per the assigned priority.  It stinks to lose out but this lottery was special.  There just weren't enough returned tickets to make everyone happy.  But the good news is that the club looks to 1) have more tickets and 2) be actively trying to keep the tickets off the secondary market.  Both are these are positive in my opinion.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,703
    This is VERY confusing! What was after all the CRITERIA used? Why they didn't tell us? I am a TC member for several years, since 2009. My two tickets requests were unfulfilled with no further details (L.A. and Glendale). Why?? I am very confused. I just sent an email for TC saying how mad I am and asking for clarification. I am not based in the US and would travel just to see PJ. Its our RIGHT to know and understand the criteria used. After all, are we REALLY TC members and PJ FANS? Because we're not being treated accordingly! Its disappointed to see the band just don't care about all this mistreatment we are passing through. We should not accept it, we should speak up, send emails, post on social media, make our voice to be heard and request for respect. This is totally unacceptable.
    Yes, it was simply more demand than the tickets that were available.  There's no special criteria for assigning tickets.  Names were just picked at random and assigned per the assigned priority.  It stinks to lose out but this lottery was special.  There just weren't enough returned tickets to make everyone happy.  But the good news is that the club looks to 1) have more tickets and 2) be actively trying to keep the tickets off the secondary market.  Both are these are positive in my opinion.
    I do wonder though, based on the limited amount of returned tickets available for the rescheduled shows, if limiting members to only be able to win tickets to one rescheduled show might have been more equitable. There were a number of people who ended up with tickets for multiple shows. By limiting us to only be able to win one show, it would have increased the amount of individuals who got to see a show. Someone might not have got their first choice, but stood a better chance of at least getting to see one show. 
    stickman said:
    Pretty sure I remember being so very jealous of all the lucky fans getting this Parmount Theater show and then seeing Kurt Loder report from the show on MTV just made my PJ addiction go through the roof for this band in 1994.  Was very lucky to score Tix to see them in Springfield for the 4/6/94 show.  Been addicted ever since.  TBH never have missed a PJ show that I have truly wanted to attend.  I remember running 30 blocks to meet a fellow PJ in from of the Pennsylvania Hotel across from MSG to get a ticket for the 2003 show that was later released in DVD.  My friends were all saying:  “No way the person is selling you a ticket for far value, they will stand you up!”  I was about 15 minutes late and the female 10c who I met on this message board was there wating for me as she saw me literally sprinting down the street to find her.  Same happened for me with Temple of the Dog at MSG, I am not saying it to say it , I am saying it because I have benefitted and also paid if forward, but there truly are some amazing and out going PJ fans on this board who go out of their way to help strangers.  Glad I am part of this culture, I have no doubt had frustrating ups and downs with securing tickets, but honestly wouldn’t change anything.  

If you don’t secure tickets through fan club , put some extra work into finding them , using this message board to connect with other fans is a great place to start.  We are not getting younger and hopefully we have many years left to enjoy the band and all that they provide through their craft.  But thankfully as I have gotten older I have learned a lot about myself and others on this 28+ year journey following Pearl Jam, hope you all have had fun too. 

Enjoy the 2022 Tour, watch out for your fellow concert goers, be respectful to yourself and others at the show , and for Christ’s sake keep your fucking cell phone in your pocket during the show and stop recoding a video you will never ever watch !!!  It TRULY TRULY TRULY distracts and impedes on the enjoyment of the show from all the people standing behind you !!!!! 
    stickman said:
    stickman said:
    Pretty sure I remember being so very jealous of all the lucky fans getting this Parmount Theater show and then seeing Kurt Loder report from the show on MTV just made my PJ addiction go through the roof for this band in 1994.  Was very lucky to score Tix to see them in Springfield for the 4/6/94 show.  Been addicted ever since.  TBH never have missed a PJ show that I have truly wanted to attend.  I remember running 30 blocks to meet a fellow PJ in from of the Pennsylvania Hotel across from MSG to get a ticket for the 2003 show that was later released in DVD.  My friends were all saying:  “No way the person is selling you a ticket for far value, they will stand you up!”  I was about 15 minutes late and the female 10c who I met on this message board was there wating for me as she saw me literally sprinting down the street to find her.  Same happened for me with Temple of the Dog at MSG, I am not saying it to say it , I am saying it because I have benefitted and also paid if forward, but there truly are some amazing and out going PJ fans on this board who go out of their way to help strangers.  Glad I am part of this culture, I have no doubt had frustrating ups and downs with securing tickets, but honestly wouldn’t change anything.  

If you don’t secure tickets through fan club , put some extra work into finding them , using this message board to connect with other fans is a great place to start.  We are not getting younger and hopefully we have many years left to enjoy the band and all that they provide through their craft.  But thankfully as I have gotten older I have learned a lot about myself and others on this 28+ year journey following Pearl Jam, hope you all have had fun too. 

Enjoy the 2022 Tour, watch out for your fellow concert goers, be respectful to yourself and others at the show , and for Christ’s sake keep your fucking cell phone in your pocket during the show and stop recoding a video you will never ever watch !!!  It TRULY TRULY TRULY distracts and impedes on the enjoyment of the show from all the people standing behind you !!!!! 
    That was my motto for all shows of the 70’s 80’s 90’s if there’s a Will there’s a way.