Ticket Request: Unfulfilled

13»

Comments

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    This is VERY confusing! What was after all the CRITERIA used? Why they didn't tell us? I am a TC member for several years, since 2009. My two tickets requests were unfulfilled with no further details (L.A. and Glendale). Why?? I am very confused. I just sent an email for TC saying how mad I am and asking for clarification. I am not based in the US and would travel just to see PJ. Its our RIGHT to know and understand the criteria used. After all, are we REALLY TC members and PJ FANS? Because we're not being treated accordingly! Its disappointed to see the band just don't care about all this mistreatment we are passing through. We should not accept it, we should speak up, send emails, post on social media, make our voice to be heard and request for respect. This is totally unacceptable.
    The criteria? Luck of the draw, that's it. The odds were low since there weren't many tickets to give out. Many people lost out on the original lottery when they had full allotments, this one was just the leftovers from people who refunded their tickets.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,814
    As others have said, any of the previously announced shows, and especially MSG, were going to have incredibly low odds to begin with.

The original MSG lottery had very low odds, and this was a lottery AFTER a lottery, only consisting of refunded tickets (which there were very few of)

When you entered for tickets, they even said on the entry page that tickets were extremely limited.  I understand that it sucks, but blaming the band because they had likely tens of thousands of entries for a few hundred tickets max doesn't really make a ton of sense.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • MelzombieMelzombie Posts: 200
    edited March 2022
    KM73780 said:
    The sense of entitlement to claim that you are being “mistreated” is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. 
    Yes!!! I work at Whole Foods and I deal with entitled customers on a daily basis. The job will make you hate people. 
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    This is VERY confusing! What was after all the CRITERIA used? Why they didn't tell us? I am a TC member for several years, since 2009. My two tickets requests were unfulfilled with no further details (L.A. and Glendale). Why?? I am very confused. I just sent an email for TC saying how mad I am and asking for clarification. I am not based in the US and would travel just to see PJ. Its our RIGHT to know and understand the criteria used. After all, are we REALLY TC members and PJ FANS? Because we're not being treated accordingly! Its disappointed to see the band just don't care about all this mistreatment we are passing through. We should not accept it, we should speak up, send emails, post on social media, make our voice to be heard and request for respect. This is totally unacceptable.
    The criteria was they had X amount of returned tickets and everyone who applied for the lottery had an equal chance to be chosen no matter how long they had been a member. It was a given that there would be more demand than supply. It was all stated clearly in the announcement. I don't think it was mistreatment or disrespect. Now, if you are saying that members who have been in the club longer should have better access to tickets than newer members, that is another issue that has been stated by a number of people during this process.
    Yes, it was simply more demand than the tickets that were available.  There's no special criteria for assigning tickets.  Names were just picked at random and assigned per the assigned priority.  It stinks to lose out but this lottery was special.  There just weren't enough returned tickets to make everyone happy.  But the good news is that the club looks to 1) have more tickets and 2) be actively trying to keep the tickets off the secondary market.  Both are these are positive in my opinion.
    I do wonder though, based on the limited amount of returned tickets available for the rescheduled shows, if limiting members to only be able to win tickets to one rescheduled show might have been more equitable. There were a number of people who ended up with tickets for multiple shows. By limiting us to only be able to win one show, it would have increased the amount of individuals who got to see a show. Someone might not have got their first choice, but stood a better chance of at least getting to see one show. 
    That prob would have helped, but they would have needed a separate entry for new shows and rescheduled shows.

Which of the rescheduled shows did people win with 2nd and 3rd priority? LA and Oak had some with 2nd but those shows did have the one night limit and people won 2nd choice were out on 1st choice, presuming 1st choice was the other night in that city.

Any 2nd priority wins for SD, Phx, Denver, Nash, MSG, etc? Maybe some of the Canada shows?

It seems like a lot who won multiple shows got lucky with priority 1 rescheduled show and got tickets to new shows. Really not much to do about that.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    Keep being persistent and the F2F will get you into the show. It might not be 10C seats, but there will be tickets available for almost every show, except the two that don't have F2F. 
    back in 2020

In the lottery I got
    OAK 1 - 113 row 20  -Sold in F2F
    OAK 2 - GA ( Still have) 

In the Face to Face I got 
    PHX Sec 116 Row 26- (Lower back corner ) Sold in F2F em to get next set 
    PHX Sec 112 Row 14 -( Side middle ) Sold  em back in F2F
    PHX Sec Floor C row 6 - Sold em F2F when I got
    PHX - GA - (Still have) 

STL - GA

OAK 1 - Sec 114 row 14 ( Sold ) 
    OAK 1 - GA 

OAK 2 - Floor B row 2 ( Still have) 

My Point is you get into the building and you can continue to upgrade as other tickets show up in F2F - I had a hit rate very low until I figured out how to ensure I got em then. I was able to grab about 90% of what I tried for, the only ones I lost out on were Baltimore.

• mattcoz said:
    The criteria? Luck of the draw, that's it. The odds were low since there weren't many tickets to give out. Many people lost out on the original lottery when they had full allotments, this one was just the leftovers from people who refunded their tickets.
    I think that the term "unfulfilled" may be the cause of the confusion.  It can be interpreted that the request was cancelled or didn't meet some requirement.  The old Ten Club "Won" and "Lost" was much clearer.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,403

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    mattcoz said:
    I think that the term "unfulfilled" may be the cause of the confusion.  It can be interpreted that the request was cancelled or didn't meet some requirement.  The old Ten Club "Won" and "Lost" was much clearer.
    Hmm, I suppose. The old way was definitely better. Still doesn't warrant this kind of response.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,987
    JP218404 said:

so you are inferring there's a chance if I give the candy back...
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,703
    Keep being persistent and the F2F will get you into the show. It might not be 10C seats, but there will be tickets available for almost every show, except the two that don't have F2F. 
    back in 2020

In the lottery I got
    OAK 1 - 113 row 20  -Sold in F2F
    OAK 2 - GA ( Still have) 

In the Face to Face I got 
    PHX Sec 116 Row 26- (Lower back corner ) Sold in F2F em to get next set 
    PHX Sec 112 Row 14 -( Side middle ) Sold  em back in F2F
    PHX Sec Floor C row 6 - Sold em F2F when I got
    PHX - GA - (Still have) 

STL - GA

OAK 1 - Sec 114 row 14 ( Sold ) 
    OAK 1 - GA 

OAK 2 - Floor B row 2 ( Still have) 

My Point is you get into the building and you can continue to upgrade as other tickets show up in F2F - I had a hit rate very low until I figured out how to ensure I got em then. I was able to grab about 90% of what I tried for, the only ones I lost out on were Baltimore.

Sounds like you are a F2F all star and have cracked the code to success. In 2020 I started out with a pair of STL tickets I got in the general sale and through F2F managed to gradually upgrade 3 times to get some pretty decent seats.  
  • CFO93CFO93 Posts: 166
    RS65573 said:
    stickman said:
    On another note remember for the 1998 tour when we had to send in our 10c ticket requests with a self addressed stamped envelope for 10c to send our tickets back to us ???  
    In 1994 I got a letter from 10C announcing the secret show at the paramount theater here in NY, I sent in 35$ I believe for two tickets I was hooked! Great show .
    Tried like hell to get into this, could not. Same with the Orphium in 94 in  Boston. I was standing outside. Does that count?

I also got stuck outside Orpheum; a scalper wanted $100 for a single, I went up to $85 but wouldn't go higher and another fan wisely swooped in and bought it for $100.
    In 1999 the Boston Phoenix named PJ at Orpheum in the Top 10 of the top 100 concerts in Boston's 20th Century history. Every April 12th I kick myself for not spending the extra $15.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    CFO93 said:
    RS65573 said:
    stickman said:
    On another note remember for the 1998 tour when we had to send in our 10c ticket requests with a self addressed stamped envelope for 10c to send our tickets back to us ???  
    In 1994 I got a letter from 10C announcing the secret show at the paramount theater here in NY, I sent in 35$ I believe for two tickets I was hooked! Great show .
    Tried like hell to get into this, could not. Same with the Orphium in 94 in  Boston. I was standing outside. Does that count?

I also got stuck outside Orpheum; a scalper wanted $100 for a single, I went up to $85 but wouldn't go higher and another fan wisely swooped in and bought it for $100.
    In 1999 the Boston Phoenix named PJ at Orpheum in the Top 10 of the top 100 concerts in Boston's 20th Century history. Every April 12th I kick myself for not spending the extra $15.
    I probably couldn't have gotten to a $100 in 1994, either. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • SH211703SH211703 Posts: 55
    Stupid Question maybe but I was having trouble last week signing up for ticketmaster presale. (Wasn’t loading smoothly) Is it just a signup to participate or did you need to pick actual shows you were interested in ? 

I got a confirmation signing up but never anything about show selection. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,208
    SH211703 said:
    Stupid Question maybe but I was having trouble last week signing up for ticketmaster presale. (Wasn’t loading smoothly) Is it just a signup to participate or did you need to pick actual shows you were interested in ? 

You need to pick specific shows.  You can log back in and edit your request. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    CFO93 said:
    RS65573 said:
    stickman said:

We bailed that night after just seeing the boston garden shows but my buddy had to get back to a chem class the next day in NJ or he would have failed.

I ride him about it to this day, since he is NOT a chemist, but an IT Admin like me.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    edited March 2022
    On a message board full of disappointed and distraught fan club members, this here is a Picasso.

I've had killer Ten Club seats. I've lost out on the lottery and decided not to go further. I've bought on the second-hand market, including scalper prices in 1994. I've won the lottery and traded tickets day of show. I had GA floor to Raleigh and first row floor to Baltimore, only to have those cancelled. I F5'd my way to PJ20. I sent money orders and SASEs to some PO Box in Seattle for the Yield tour. Called 800 #s to get to the Vitalogy and No Code tours.

Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn't. It takes luck (and often persistence). Nobody's Ten Club membership is a guarantee to show tickets. It gets you an early shot, but not much more than that.

Good luck on the subsequent sales opportunities. If you want a ticket and are willing to hunt it, you can find one.
    Post edited by rhinomagic on
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • SH211703SH211703 Posts: 55
    JojoRice said:
    SH211703 said:

You need to pick specific shows.  You can log back in and edit your request. 
    Thanks! Done!
  • CFO93CFO93 Posts: 166
    RS65573 said:
    CFO93 said:
    RS65573 said:
    stickman said:

We bailed that night after just seeing the boston garden shows but my buddy had to get back to a chem class the next day in NJ or he would have failed.

I ride him about it to this day, since he is NOT a chemist, but an IT Admin like me.
    I had seen the first of the two Garden shows but not the second show...and then shut out at Orpheum, but in 1994 $100 was a lot of $.

That's funny on your friend - but maybe being a chem major was good prep for his IT Admin career! 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    CFO93 said:
    RS65573 said:
    CFO93 said:
    RS65573 said:
    stickman said:

I had seen the first of the two Garden shows but not the second show...and then shut out at Orpheum, but in 1994 $100 was a lot of $.

That's funny on your friend - but maybe being a chem major was good prep for his IT Admin career! 
    Ya. I actually have not listened to this show at all because I couldnt get in and have blocked it out.

I just bought the album this week, it comes today, ill spin it this weekend.

Inviting him to Camden GA pit, hopefully he comes! 
    RS65573 said:
    CFO93 said:
    RS65573 said:
    CFO93 said:
    RS65573 said:
    stickman said:

Ya. I actually have not listened to this show at all because I couldnt get in and have blocked it out.
    That's how I am with the Vic show.