Philly / Camden, NJ Roll Call !!! 9/14/22

Comments

• 100 Pacer said:
    Of all the years to see the band in Camden this feels like the right year.
    will be the show of the tour Pacer.  mark it down.
  • 100 Pacer said:
    will be the show of the tour Pacer.  mark it down.
    Agreed. It's going to be something special. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• 100 Pacer said:
    Hope so!  My only show for the year, and I know it'll still be awesome regardless, but hoping for something epic (like every show).
    Yessss!!!
  • 100 Pacer said:
    Yes!! Despite of all cons I’m reading here. The pit will be hot, tight, I will be in the back and I will be one happy girl!! 😀
  • a5pj said:
    201 L
    193xxx

this is weird, guess the ppl who didn't put in for pit got better seats? 
    Keeping up with how they change this every year is exhausting, I know they keep trying to make it better, but come on with this, this isn't seniority how it was pulled. It was supposed to be best available. - Pit chosen from all, throw everyone back and seniority by seats, then ga lawn to get in the building.
    Bitching over. I'm happy to see them after a crappy few years. It's going to be an awesome day, my cousin is coming in from out west. I'm going to have a blast. If I can upgrade tix along the way great, if not I'm still smiling.
    I put GA, reserved and lawn and scored GA
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,878
    a5pj said:
    201 L
    193xxx

Keeping up with how they change this every year is exhausting, I know they keep trying to make it better, but come on with this, this isn't seniority how it was pulled. It was supposed to be best available. - Pit chosen from all, throw everyone back and seniority by seats, then ga lawn to get in the building.
    Bitching over. I'm happy to see them after a crappy few years. It's going to be an awesome day, my cousin is coming in from out west. I'm going to have a blast. If I can upgrade tix along the way great, if not I'm still smiling.
    I put GA, reserved and lawn and scored GA
    Awesome, enjoy!!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Hey everyone.  I planning for the trip to Camden/Philly in the Fall and I had a few questions.  I did read all 17 pages so if I missed anything, I apologize.

1. Is the normal parking at the venue paid or free?  I know VIP parking is paid but I'm wondering about the standard parking.  I'm used to places like Great Woods (MA) and the Meadows (CT) where, the last time I was there, the parking was free.

2. We'll be coming in the day of and staying the night.  Does anyone have any recommendations for things to do in Philly or the surrounding area over the two days?  

3. Any recommendations for vegetarian food?  This doesn't need to be a solely vegetarian restaurant, just good vegetarian options.

Thanks.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • 1. Parking was about $25 5-6 years ago. Not sure about now. But even 25 years ago it wasn’t free. 
    2-3. I’m sure can give better answers. I’m an old fart now. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Hey everyone.  I planning for the trip to Camden/Philly in the Fall and I had a few questions.  I did read all 17 pages so if I missed anything, I apologize.

1. Is the normal parking at the venue paid or free?  I know VIP parking is paid but I'm wondering about the standard parking.  I'm used to places like Great Woods (MA) and the Meadows (CT) where, the last time I was there, the parking was free.

2. We'll be coming in the day of and staying the night.  Does anyone have any recommendations for things to do in Philly or the surrounding area over the two days?  

3. Any recommendations for vegetarian food?  This doesn't need to be a solely vegetarian restaurant, just good vegetarian options.

Thanks.
    1. Most likely will need to pay. If you're staying in the city would recommend the ferry instead.

2. Not sure where you're staying which would affect where and what you do. But overall Philly is super walkable so plenty of things to get to and do. Not sure what you're into, but anywhere in there general area will have plenty to do. Also near there is an outdoor roller rink on the river (ice skating in the winter). Would suggest staying at the Hilton Penn's Landing since it's closest to the ferry and has Spruce Street Harbor Park right there; 9th Street for the "Italian" Market, Reading Terminal Market, Independence Hally/Liberty Bell, plenty of museums (Mutter, Franklin, Barnes, PMOA (Rocky Steps ugh), Academy of Natural Sciences, American Revolution etc.). 

3. Awesome places with good veg options: Vedge, Grindcore House (coffee place with vegan/veg foods, etc), Talulah's Garden, HipCity Veg, Tria, Zahav (awesome for anything, if res's are available otherwise go to the bar), Triangle Tavern. But really any decent place in the area will most likely have really good veg options. 
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,833
    If there are any other Father John Misty fans that were fortunate enough to get tickets for Camden...just a heads up that FJM is playing Sept 13, the night before Pearl Jam, at The Met in Philly.

Speaking of which, I ended up buying an additional pair during the presale that I don't need. Great seats. Orchestra 1, row nn (on the aisle close to center). If anyone wants them, pm me. $130 for the pair ($12 less than face value+fees). I can transfer immediately.
  • Parking has gone up A LOT at this venue… I was just there back in October for Chris Stapleton and Marcus King. Parking was $40. Yes $40. BUT this was for the lot directly in front of the venue. A month before that I was there for Slipknot and I parked in the lot by the aquarium and that was $30. Whatever you do though. Don’t park in the parking the garage up the street from the venue. You will be stuck in there for ever with traffic.

Also, I know it’s been mentioned already. But Camden is one of the worst cities on the East Coast. So for people traveling I highly recommend staying in Philly or Cherry Hill. I will say this though. Even though it’s a terrible area. Everyone will be fine. I’ve been to so many shows/festivals and there’s always so many cops around directing traffic and no one will bother you. I have never felt unsafe walking to the venue or my car after a show. I just wouldn’t wonder to far from the waterfront. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Lifted said:
    If there are any other Father John Misty fans that were fortunate enough to get tickets for Camden...just a heads up that FJM is playing Sept 13, the night before Pearl Jam, at The Met in Philly.

Speaking of which, I ended up buying an additional pair during the presale that I don't need. Great seats. Orchestra 1, row nn (on the aisle close to center). If anyone wants them, pm me. $130 for the pair ($12 less than face value+fees). I can transfer immediately.
    If my wife let me out 2x in a row I would be all over this. Someone jump on this! 
    Lifted said:

If my wife let me out 2x in a row I would be all over this. Someone jump on this! 
    Lol....my wife might not even let me go. She's into Pearl Jam, but doesnt really care for Father John Misty much, or going to back to back concerts either for that matter. I might end up having to sell my other pair as well, but hoping I wont.
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    a5pj said:
    201 L
    193xxx

I put GA, reserved and lawn and scored Gsa
    I got 201row m with seats much closer tods center the side I'm 449xxx I'm about what I expected in 2016 in phila had ten club seats to the ten show and pulled sec 111 r2.. comparatively speaking there about the same what I have noticed is that those premium seats where what ultra low to  100;000 member numbers they got 100/104 first 10 Rowe's then it seems ,150-350 all got pushed back to where I'm at most numbers higher than 500000 seem right to me and I love pj this will be my 9th show but 300 for tickets in the 200 level slightly off toou the side and halfway back ...300$..now don't get me wrong I'm gladly paying and they are worth every penny but jeez
  • Lifted said:
    Lifted said:

Lol....my wife might not even let me go. She's into Pearl Jam, but doesnt really care for Father John Misty much, or going to back to back concerts either for that matter. I might end up having to sell my other pair as well, but hoping I wont.
    My September is insanely busy so I haven't yet bought FJM tix for The Met. We have 4 nights in Canada for 2 PJ shows and Elton in between (def gonna go to that) followed by PJ MSG, Camden and Sea Hear Now on Sat & Sun. Flying to Pittsburgh Mon am for The National, back home to NJ only to go up to Boston for The National on Thurs, back home, then driving to Harrisburg, PA for the National on Sat, and I'm seriously debating driving up to Bridgeport, CT on Sunday for The National again. I'm too old for this shit. But I love FJM. I will prob go.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

Lifted said:
    Lifted said:

My September is insanely busy so I haven't yet bought FJM tix for The Met. We have 4 nights in Canada for 2 PJ shows and Elton in between (def gonna go to that) followed by PJ MSG, Camden and Sea Hear Now on Sat & Sun. Flying to Pittsburgh Mon am for The National, back home to NJ only to go up to Boston for The National on Thurs, back home, then driving to Harrisburg, PA for the National on Sat, and I'm seriously debating driving up to Bridgeport, CT on Sunday for The National again. I'm too old for this shit. But I love FJM. I will prob go.
    Wow. I'm a fan of the National too, but you really love the National.

If you end up deciding to go to FJM down the line and can remember this exchange, def hit me up on here. If I still have the tix, I will probably cut you a pretty nice deal at that point. The tix I have are better than the remaining seats on ticketmaster, but the show is not selling as well as I thought it might, so not sure if they will sell on stubhub. I have them listed a bit over face value just so i can make my $ back, but if I found a private buyer, I'd sell them for less than face.

My other pair is 5th row dead center in the pit. Those were $236 total after fees. If I'm still holding both come showtime, I'd probably sell the pit seats at face rather than eating the cost of my other pair. Both are great seats though.
  • Lifted said:
    Lifted said:
    Lifted said:

Wow. I'm a fan of the National too, but you really love the National.

If you end up deciding to go to FJM down the line and can remember this exchange, def hit me up on here. If I still have the tix, I will probably cut you a pretty nice deal at that point. The tix I have are better than the remaining seats on ticketmaster, but the show is not selling as well as I thought it might, so not sure if they will sell on stubhub. I have them listed a bit over face value just so i can make my $ back, but if I found a private buyer, I'd sell them for less than face.

My other pair is 5th row dead center in the pit. Those were $236 total after fees. If I'm still holding both come showtime, I'd probably sell the pit seats at face rather than eating the cost of my other pair. Both are great seats though.
    Thanks. I will def hit you up if we decide to go.

Yeah, The Nats are great. One of the few bands I travel for. We have two shows in Ireland in June and then Cooperstown in July. On waitlist for Newport Folk Fest.

• KsunsetloverKsunsetlover Posts: 35
    edited April 2022
    a5pj said:
    201 L
    193xxx

I got 201row m with seats much closer tods center the side I'm 449xxx I'm about what I expected in 2016 in phila had ten club seats to the ten show and pulled sec 111 r2.. comparatively speaking there about the same what I have noticed is that those premium seats where what ultra low to  100;000 member numbers they got 100/104 first 10 Rowe's then it seems ,150-350 all got pushed back to where I'm at most numbers higher than 500000 seem right to me and I love pj this will be my 9th show but 300 for tickets in the 200 level slightly off toou the side and halfway back ...300$..now don't get me wrong I'm gladly paying and they are worth every penny but jeez
    I honestly think this membership seniority is so last season. I didn’t join the Ten club until a few years back, so my membership is in the 600k and I scored GA for both, Baltimore (cancelled) and now again for Camden. With that being said, I simply put all seats, whatever is available and I’m happy to get whatever they give me. I have sat behind the stage in Philadelphia just so I could be there so to me, while it’s nice to have an assigned seat or stand in front of the stage, what matters the most is to be there ☺️
    Post edited by Ksunsetlover on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    a5pj said:
    201 L
    193xxx

I honestly think this membership seniority is so last season. I didn’t join the Ten club until a few years back, so my membership is in the 600k and I scored GA for both, Baltimore (cancelled) and now again for Camden. With that being said, I simply put all seats, whatever is available and I’m happy to get whatever they give me. I have sat behind the stage in Philadelphia just so I could be there so to me, while it’s nice to have an assigned seat or stand in front of the stage, what matters the most is to be there ☺️

Says the person with a 600+ number ;)  175XXX and I am in 104. Thank you very much seniority! 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,933
    a5pj said:
    201 L
    193xxx

Congrats on the GA scores! You’ve got some good PJ ticket mojo going there! 😀 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Get_Right said:
    a5pj said:
    201 L
    193xxx

Says the person with a 600+ number ;)  175XXX and I am in 104. Thank you very much seniority! 
    Maybe I misunderstood your comment, but the fact that I’m such a new member and scored GA pit twice, tells me that it’s no longer about seniority. Perhaps all fans, old and new now have equal chances to be able to score a good spot for a change and I’m ok with that. 104 is awesome, have a great time!
  • on2legs said:
    a5pj said:
    201 L
    193xxx

Congrats on the GA scores! You’ve got some good PJ ticket mojo going there! 😀 
    Thank you so much! Maybe I should try the lottery next lol you never know 😂
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    Get_Right said:
    a5pj said:
    201 L
    193xxx

Maybe I misunderstood your comment, but the fact that I’m such a new member and scored GA pit twice, tells me that it’s xxno longer about seniority. Perhaps all fans, old and new now have equal chances to be able to score a good spot for a change and I’m ok with that. 104 is awesome, have a great time!
    Equal in regards to the lottery for shows and g/a pit...reserved seats are supposed to be by seniority. I.e. a person with 175xxx should have very much better seats than a person with a  600xxx for Camden I'm reserved seats my #449xxx 201 row m
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    edited April 2022
    Get_Right said:
    a5pj said:
    201 L
    193xxx

Maybe I misunderstood your comment, but the fact that I’m such a new member and scored GA pit twice, tells me that it’s no longer about seniority. Perhaps all fans, old and new now have equal chances to be able to score a good spot for a change and I’m ok with that. 104 is awesome, have a great time!

Thank you and same to you!  I love this venue. My point was that seniority is not so last season.  I forget which year they started bringing back GA and you are right seniority does not matter for GA . But for the rest of the 10C tix, (other than rows 1, 2, 9, 10) it is all seniority seating. And it makes a big difference where you sit. To this very day. 
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 690
    edited August 2022
    Camden Pulse Check! 

Is anyone else excited, or is it just me?  Sorry if I missed another thread on the topic.  

Tour starts in 3 days.  Camden show in 16 days!!

Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,144
    edited August 2022
    I am very excited!!
    Went to see The Black Keys in Camden a few weeks ago. Went over and checked out my seats for Pearl Jam. Have been amped up ever since. 
    Post edited by YoullseeDragons on
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Flying into Newark, driving to Camden, hitting the road right after the show, 6am flight out.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    anyone know what time the Premium Lot opens?  I did the $50 premium parking which I assume is not assigned spaces.  Just wondering what time to get there.
  • ekim997ekim997 Posts: 201
    edited August 2022
    pjhawks said:
    anyone know what time the Premium Lot opens?  I did the $50 premium parking which I assume is not assigned spaces.  Just wondering what time to get there.
    venue site says 4pm

edit: it just says parking 4pm. I'm assuming that is all venue lots, regular and premium. I expect the other lots that aren't official venue lots will be earlier 
    Post edited by ekim997 on
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Posts: 414
    I'm coming in for the show from out of town and staying in Philly. People have mentioned taking the ferry - anything I need to know about how to get it/ where to get it/ schedules etc. or is it pretty self-explanatory once I'm in town?