Pearl Jam - RearviewMirror (Walmart Exclusive) Vinyl

Comments

• My apologies if this has already been addressed, but there seems to be conflicting info.  Email from TenClub said coloured was through club only...but Walmart says Walmart exclusive with coloured vinyl as well.

Anyone know if Walmart will be black vinyl?
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    edited February 2022
    StevieG73 said:
    My apologies if this has already been addressed, but there seems to be conflicting info.  Email from TenClub said coloured was through club only...but Walmart says Walmart exclusive with coloured vinyl as well.

Both 10C and Walmart are the exact same. 10C actually uses the Walmart Exclusive pictures on the item page.
  • MedozK said:
    Both 10C and Walmart are the exact same. 10C actually uses the Walmart Exclusive pictures on the item page.
    Thanks
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2016 = Boston '16
  • StevieG73 said:
    My apologies if this has already been addressed, but there seems to be conflicting info.  Email from TenClub said coloured was through club only...but Walmart says Walmart exclusive with coloured vinyl as well.

"vailable in limited colored vinyl only through the Ten Club for members only and at Walmart locations on March 18, 2022. "
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • StevieG73 said:

"vailable in limited colored vinyl only through the Ten Club for members only and at Walmart locations on March 18, 2022. "
    Thanks
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2016 = Boston '16
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181
  • So, my Ten Club dues that I’ve kept current for the last quarter of a century now get me access to the same limited edition vinyl that literally anyone else who shops at the largest retail big box chain in the country has? Gee.  Thanks. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,619
    I mean, your sub gets you access to other shit too. 
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 664
    DN36753 said:
    Help please? Is there any way to purchase the Walmart Exclusives and have them ship to Canada?  Anyone able to help me out willing to through a little money for your troubles?
    Where are you?  I use a broker just over the border in southern BC. 
    I found an outfit called Shippsy that handled a parcel from Blaine, WA. and got it to my  Canadian address for a reasonable fee.
  • demetrios said:
    You’re most welcome 🤓👍🏻
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Walmart = Free Shipping :]

• SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    I missed it here, so I ordered at Walmart. Probably saved a little shipping money.
  • edited February 2022
    If your are ordering both from walmart i highly suggest you pay a little more in shipping and order them separately. Ive had really bad luck with walmart whenever i buy multiple records in one order. They cram all the records in the same mailer and one or even both of them end up damaged. My last order was for 3 records all 3 jammed into the same mailer only one made it too me in good condition (the one sandwiched in the middle) the other 2 had smashed sleeves because of how they were just jammed to fit into the mailer. They are still available i would cancel and reorder separately before its too late unless you dont care if your records arrive with bent sleeves and damaged corners.

if you want to ensure you get mint copies id even suggest ordering 2 of each of them separately of course. Keep the best 2 and either return or sell the others
    Post edited by Getoutofmyfuckinface on
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Ordered but the price hurts! But I guess I've waited so long for these to be reissued that $75 is much cheaper than what the OG ones go for.
    This is what I told myself too. I sold the OG years ago, but honestly, I’d rather have the colored vinyl
    over black any day 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    If your are ordering both from walmart i highly suggest you pay a little more in shipping and order them separately. Ive had really bad luck with walmart whenever i buy multiple records in one order. They cram all the records in the same mailer and one or even both of them end up damaged. My last order was for 3 records all 3 jammed into the same mailer only one made it too me in good condition (the one sandwiched in the middle) the other 2 had smashed sleeves because of how they were just jammed to fit into the mailer. They are still available i would cancel and reorder separately before its too late unless you dont care if your records arrive with bent sleeves and damaged corners.

if you want to ensure you get mint copies id even suggest ordering 2 of each of them separately of course. Keep the best 2 and either return or sell the others
    Or just go to a store when they release in March. They will have plenty.
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    Up again
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    MedozK said:

Would think so if Wallmart are the only ones selling this in the US for the first 6 months. 

I wont be cheaper than Amazon but if any obsessive collector wants the black ones in March I'll happily pick them up and forward them on in March at cost.
  • edited February 2022
    MedozK said:

If you can find them in stores, odds are you wont unless your lucky, and even if you do most of the ones on the shelves (will be only 1 or two copies tops) will be damaged cause walmart workers dont care nor do the people that shop there that will grab it, man handle it, and toss it back on the shelf without any concern for the product. Its freakin walmart were talking about not your local record store

If easy street records were getting these id be all over that-no shipping required- but walmart is no easy street and their customers (record lovers) are completely different than those who shop at walmart (bargain buyers who dont give a crap about quality especially the condition of packaging including record sleeves).
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    MedozK said:

If you can find them in stores, odds are you wont unless your lucky, and even if you do most of the ones on the shelves (will be only 1 or two copies tops) will be damaged cause walmart workers dont care nor do the people that shop there that will grab it, man handle it, and toss it back on the shelf without any concern for the product. Its freakin walmart were talking about not your local record store

If easy street records were getting these id be all over that-no shipping required- but walmart is no easy street and their customers (record lovers) are completely different than those who shop at walmart (bargain buyers who dont give a crap about quality especially the condition of packaging including record sleeves).
    Im guessing it will be just like the purple Ten release through Target.  There were 3-4 copies on the shelf every time I went in Target for the first month it was out. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    MedozK said:

Id rather pick records up in a store like Walmart over getting them shipped any day. At least you can check them over. I get fed up being excited for records in the post and the whole will it or wont it be damaged today.
  • edited February 2022
    on2legs said:
    MedozK said:

Im guessing it will be just like the purple Ten release through Target.  There were 3-4 copies on the shelf every time I went in Target for the first month it was out. 
    Target is much better with their records then walmart not only in how their employees and customers treat them but how they stock them in stores. Target actually prefers to sell most of their record stock in stores which is why they tend to have alot of them out (mileage may very depending on if your target is good) whereas with walmart they sell more stock online and stores get very little. Also walmart relies on a third party to stock the shelves so your at the mercy of another company bringing stock to walmart and putting it out. Target workers stock the shelves themselves. It was actually easier for me to find the pink 10 and chris cornell’s nobody sings like you anymore ex in stores than online at target. Not to mention every copy i saw was pretty much mint cannot say the same for walmart record stock
  • edited February 2022
    FR181798 said:
    MedozK said:

Id rather pick records up in a store like Walmart over getting them shipped any day. At least you can check them over. I get fed up being excited for records in the post and the whole will it or wont it be damaged today.
    In most cases id agree with you but in walmarts case the less hands touching the product the better. If you buy a single record it will be shipped in a nice mailer unlike amazon (i hate them liek anikan hates sand). Hell my metallica ride the lightning lp box set arrived in pristine shape packaged perfectly by the warehouse at walmart. Sadly i cant same the same about my And justice for all box set from amazon it was packaged like it was worthless toilet paper 

also you wont have many to check over its not how walmart sells most of thier records especialy rare high demand ones like these. Walmart ex metallica kill em all and master of puppet was never in a store -if you found one it was like a fucking unicorn find and probably not mint-before it sold out online. Even worse you need two separate records to complete the album and to find both of them at a store in mint condition you have better odds wining the lottery
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    on2legs said:
    MedozK said:

Target is much better with their records then walmart not only in how their employees and customers treat them but how they stock them in stores. Target actually prefers to sell most of their record stock in stores which is why they tend to have alot of them out (mileage may very depending on if your target is good) whereas with walmart they sell more stock online and stores get very little. Also walmart relies on a third party to stock the shelves so your at the mercy of another company bringing stock to walmart and putting it out. Target workers stock the shelves themselves. It was actually easier for me to find the pink 10 and chris cornell’s nobody sings like you anymore ex in stores than online at target. Not to mention every copy i saw was pretty much mint cannot say the same for walmart record stock
    That’s cool.  I’m still guessing I can walk into Walmart and buy one when it’s released. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• edited February 2022
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    MedozK said:

That’s cool.  I’m still guessing I can walk into Walmart and buy one when it’s released. 
    Not in washington state maybe where you live. Pearl jam is still very popular here. it will be a fucking unicorn in this state especially because it walmart ex-if it was target no problem. You cannot compare the two stores when it comes to records which was my point to begin with. There are outliers to everything maybe you live in the boonies and stock will be mint and plentiful for you, i dont know . I am happy for you if thats the case i was just trying to give others helpful advice that are ordering from walmart.com
    These will be plentiful, if you don't end up with one.... you really didn't try.
  • edited February 2022
    MedozK said:
    These will be plentiful, if you don't end up with one.... you really didn't try.
    Naw i tried to get the metallica ones but all i could find was ride the lighnting in stores. Again there are always outlier. I will admit I aint driving to every walmart in a 2 hour radius i dont got time for that. My time is worth more then that much rather order multiple copies for shipping. 

Oh btw good luck finding mint copies of Linkin park red walmart exclusive, alanis morrisette clear, stone temple pilots (either album), or the metallica ones in stores as well. I wish bands would stop using walmart for exclusives. There is a reason most of those sell for way above retail value on discogs/ebay and its not cause they are plentiful and people arent trying its cause walmart sucks and getting a copy let alone mint one is very difficult which makes after market prices skyrocket for all walmart ex popular band/album lps mainly cause getting a mint one is rare lol
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    edited February 2022

This wasn't my experience, but I have had issues with shipping records from everyone from Target to a record store. In my experience, Amazon is crap, Target has been ok-ish and Walmart was just fine. The record stores have been hit and miss....most are great, but some are worse than Amazon.

Edit - meant to add that the nice thing about this is you can return it to the store if it's messed up. I've been caught in a web of emails when trying to return a defective record/product. The nice things about a box is that you can simply return it to the store while they send you a replacement.
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • edited February 2022
    mfc2006 said:

This wasn't my experience, but I have had issues with shipping records from everyone from Target to a record store. In my experience, Amazon is crap, Target has been ok-ish and Walmart was just fine. The record stores have been hit and miss....most are great, but some are worse than Amazon.

Edit - meant to add that the nice thing about this is you can return it to the store if it's messed up. I've been caught in a web of emails when trying to return a defective record/product. The nice things about a box is that you can simply return it to the store while they send you a replacement.
    Wait so when you order multiple records from walmart they package and ship them separately? They have never done this for me with in stock records only with preorders that release at different times. In this case they release at same time so they will package them together.

i do agree with you though that walmart does package single record orders well much better then amazon, target and even some record stores. Just not bulk purchases, so saving on shipping is not worth it if you want to increase your chances of getting mint copies