Options

2022 EV Tour Merch

Comments

• Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 325
    edited March 2022
    They went with several new artists this go round which is cool, but this one did not realize the passion of PJ fans and the high standards most are used to especially for a S/N AP edition.  I’m OK being disappointed but I personally will not be mean or too demanding to the artist in this situation. As a result, I am even more appreciative of the many artists who do understand and deliver well packaged pieces of art to compliment the music I love :-)
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    MKSNYC said:
    I got mine / jammed in and wrinkled in a few spots. You can notice the damage more from the back (pics added). I’m not gonna make a big deal about it but are they signed/numbered?  I gave a closer look and don’t see any signature or x/100.
    Holy shit that thing is destroyed imo. Even if you are kind enough not to request a refund, she should politely be aware of just how many people get a damaged print
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,655

Lol
    That right there is a slap in the face. 💯 she believes some damage is acceptable and easily dismissing her responsibility in the matter.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,624
    She should issue partial refunds and make all
    right.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    100 Pacer said:

Lol
    That right there is a slap in the face. 💯 she believes some damage is acceptable and easily dismissing her responsibility in the matter.
    Someone should ask why she didn't bother signing these? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    edited March 2022
    I think she only accepted paypal payment.  Damaged, destroyed or just dinged, is not as described.  It can easily be taken care of through paypal if she's not nice about it.

If mine comes damaged, I will be nice and respectful to her, even though she lied about when she was shipping them to me, but I will definitely be asking for a partial or full refund, depending on the extent of the damage.

If she used poor quality tubes and didn't ship them right, that's on her.

Edit:  I'm excited for the UPS truck today.  I hope they come early.
    Post edited by ryanphishes on
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Has this ever happened with other artists? I'm new to the signed AP world. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    Don't have a print coming, but it seems like strange behavior for an "artist" to not care about their art being delivered in pristine condition.  Most artists care a lot about that.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Some artists aren't great shippers, especially when new to something like gig prints.

Some artists are great.  Todd Slater ships in 4 or 5" diameter tubes.  Chuck Sperry uses 30x3 tubes, which seems a bit small for some of his stuff, but he's an excellent shipper.  Brad Klausen is great.  I guess most are pretty good.  It's just that shipping 100 prints is a hassle, and it's tedious, like I said earlier.  Some people, especially without help, aren't up for that.  

I usually ask ebay sellers and artists I haven't bought from before if they need advice on shipping.

I thought about asking her, and now I wish I did.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 314
    Most artists carefully package and ship items promptly. When there are delays (waiting on tubes, one-person operations, etc.) the artists are usually very communicative publicly about packing and shipping dates.  I would think an artist would be as particular as anyone about the quality of a print and care in packaging and shipping of prints. It seems disrespectful to the art and your customer to shoddily package a print in a small, 1" tube and then blame the damages on the shipping company. 

Btw, the shipping label for my poster was printed on 3/15 and the package was delivered to UPS on 3/23. It is still in NJ as of today, shipping to CA. 
  • Options
    edocon said:
    Most artists carefully package and ship items promptly. When there are delays (waiting on tubes, one-person operations, etc.) the artists are usually very communicative publicly about packing and shipping dates.  I would think an artist would be as particular as anyone about the quality of a print and care in packaging and shipping of prints. It seems disrespectful to the art and your customer to shoddily package a print in a small, 1" tube and then blame the damages on the shipping company. 

Btw, the shipping label for my poster was printed on 3/15 and the package was delivered to UPS on 3/23. It is still in NJ as of today, shipping to CA. 
    Yours is still in NJ because she lied about them being picked up by UPS, in addition to packaging them poorly, and now blaming UPS and unhappy customers.

Her lack of communication led to all of this IMO.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Oh, and I found her twitter post about being paid $0 for the commission of the poster work appalling in response to persons requesting refunds. Obviously she charged people for the AP's she posted on her site; how much she was paid to create the original artwork has no bearing on the AP sales.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,655
    edocon said:
    Oh, and I found her twitter post about being paid $0 for the commission of the poster work appalling in response to persons requesting refunds. Obviously she charged people for the AP's she posted on her site; how much she was paid to create the original artwork has no bearing on the AP sales.
    It’s clear she’s unhinged.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    edocon said:
    It’s clear she’s unhinged.
    They (whoever that is) should vet these folks better. She's fucking away any shot at making money on her art in the future with this behavior. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I'm having an old man moment here. This seems like the kind of behavior a young person would exhibit these days. Any sort of challenge and you completely fall apart and get overwhelmed to the point of inaction, then hide behind a Tweeter account defending yourself. 

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,285
    As a fellow artist who sells small amounts of photographs through Etsy and such (maybe 10 a week) I will say she has the classic “artist who can’t run a business” traits. Her work is solid, but I’m betting she has never had a large order to deal with. She’s not prepared mentally or supply capacities to play in this league. The first 150 piece order I had produced a very small profit. I was way unprepared for how much time and money it would cost to deliver. I had to put other projects on hold and eat some costs I didn’t pass to the client. Lessons learned. Unfortunately she is not ready for this type of transaction.
  • Options
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    As a fellow artist who sells small amounts of photographs through Etsy and such (maybe 10 a week) I will say she has the classic “artist who can’t run a business” traits. Her work is solid, but I’m betting she has never had a large order to deal with. She’s not prepared mentally or supply capacities to play in this league. The first 150 piece order I had produced a very small profit. I was way unprepared for how much time and money it would cost to deliver. I had to put other projects on hold and eat some costs I didn’t pass to the client. Lessons learned. Unfortunately she is not ready for this type of transaction.
    It's kinda sad to watch. Knowing what we know now we could have given her advice like @ryanphishes had thought to give. For a gig poster destined to sell out, she had all the time in the world to acquire proper tubes, craft paper, actually sign-and-number the prints, and package them in tubes before she listed them for sale. Printing shipping labels and having them picked up for delivery would have been a breeze. But judging by her initial lack of communication, followed by utterly poor (public) communication, she's missing some business skills in addition to being inexperienced in project planning/management.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    This thread was quite the read. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    This thread was quite the read. 
    It has been....super compelling.  I can't help but think about what these posters will be worth on the secondary market....as long as they are unblemished, which sounds like it will be less than 50% of the posters...and, damn, if she actually remembered to sign and number one or two....?  With the back story, the value will be astronomical....

The initial idea that the value would be increased by lack of damage started as a tongue in cheek entry, but now I have got myself thinking....
  • Options

• Options
    Did anyone's order get canceled? 

• Options
    Worst packaging ever.  It actually is a 1” tube.

Each of these 3 tubes arrived this week with a 18x24 print.

One of these things is not like the other.

Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Astros5.7Astros5.7 Posts: 16
    Worst packaging ever.  It actually is a 1” tube.

Each of these 3 tubes arrived this week with a 18x24 print.

One of these things is not like the other.

Lmao.....wait til you open it, then the real fun begins.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    It’s almost impressive she could even cram it in there
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,942
    Wow, just wow.
  • Options
    Nearly impossible to get out.

Dinged and dented everywhere, clearly due to UPS, not at all her fault for cramming it into a tube with zero insulation or breathing room.

Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    It’s almost impressive she could even cram it in there
    You'd think after jamming in the first 5 or so she'd have rethought her 1" tube choice??
  • Options
    Now I’m wondering why she didn’t sign or number them.

It took her almost a month to ship these, and she could not have put less effort into this whole situation, from the message about canceling to the crying about customers complaints.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Sorry all. That sucks. I hope she makes it right. 
    www.cluthelee.com