Options

Got Picks?

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    edited July 2023
    Are they legit?
    yep. that's Josh. I forget his user name here (on the forums but has one of the top PJ merch collections and probably a top 3 PJ pick collection (if not #1) in the world!
    Post edited by elwayvedder on
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,967
    Wow. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    elwayvedder said:
    lastexitlondon said:
    Are they legit?
    yep. that's Josh. I forget his user name here (on the forums but has one of the top PJ merch collections and probably a top 3 PJ pick collection (if not #1) in the world!
    @drsluggo perhaps?
    Great fan!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    edited July 2023
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    I posted this in Musicians and Gearheads, but just for fun, here it is again.  For 54 years I've been using teardrops like the one on the left, and after all this time, four days straight going to a standard pick- the one I grabbed at random a few days ago on the right.  Crazy!
    IMG

To a non musician, what's the difference? I know this technical guitar wizard and he uses small delicate picks. 

Good question.  For me it was simply what I was introduced to and I never really questioned why.  In fact, I had to look it up just now and found this:
    "Teardrop-Shaped Picks
    This style of the guitar pick is designed for accuracy and speed, but requires more finger strength to use properly. They are thinner to be able to use without dropping frequently, which also makes them pretty versatile when some strumming is also necessary."

So it makes sense that I might gravitate more now toward a stand pick shape since my hands have osteoarthritis and are not young.
    Do not say "old".  :lol:

I’ve been playing bluegrass exclusively for the past year, and switched to a Bluechip TP-48. Triangular, thick, available in righty or lefty with appropriate bevels for speed. It’s the biggest game-changer in my playing since getting the guitar of my dreams (my red spruce Gibson). Can’t recommend it enough. They aren’t cheap, but they also don’t break.

As for the shape, I’ve come around to triangular because of the three-sided symmetry. Makes for a consistent playing experience even if the pick slips in your hand.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mrezoocmrezooc Posts: 124
    couple of Sam’s picks from a show at the Jackson Triggs winery in Niagara. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Sam Roberts at a winery in Niagara??? WOW
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Scored 2 picks last night. My first ever show pick. Seriously. 
  • Options
    Nice!! 
  • Options
    They found you!! Way to go. Priceless treasures. 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Nice!! You must be in good stead w/ the pick gods;) Looks like KH uses a heavy gauge pick.
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    Nice!! You must be in good stead w/ the pick gods;) Looks like KH uses a heavy gauge pick.
    Yes he does.  It is a Jazz 3 pick.  The  guitar heads here will know what that means.
  • Options
    onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 383
    edited August 2023

Went to Buddy Guy & Eric Gales free show at Stern Grove Park in San Francisco yesterday. Buddy threw a pick to me and I caught it. Eric was walking off stage and I yelled his name and ask for a pick and he came to end of stage and personally handed it to me. They both made my day. Plus I got poster signed by Buddy 
    Post edited by onemorshow on
  • Options
    Awesome. 
  • Options
    Way to score!! Sweet.
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,350
    No great stories on these. Just bought them cheap for my collection. 

• Options
    ^^^Good finds. Thx for sharing. 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    No great stories on these. Just bought them cheap for my collection. 

Nice scores. Is Hetfield's pick initialed by JH himself, or a print?
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,350
    It’s a print.
  • Options
    Looks like hand sig. Very cool stuff. Keep them coming. 

Had a pick dream last night...nothing about the music. PJ finished playing. As an afterthought, long after the show was over, I was like darn I forgot to look for picks.. went to the stage and scanned around. . Saw nothing...asked someone up there...no picks...climbed on stage and found a box filled with them (kind of like JAs mystery box donation) except they were kind of sorted. I started to dig handfuls out and my pockets were overflowing...there were also small plastic 'EV' stencils that were neat. I grabbed some of them too. A woman working the stage came over to me and was explaining about those ev stencils. She also said 'These aren't yours..."  me with my pockets spilling out quietly said 'yeeeeeeaaaahhhh...' and slowly walked away...picks in pocket.

Great dream and almost forgot about it til I clicked here. 

True story...my friend was at that stranger things guy's concert. After he walked the stageline. Saw a pick peeking out from under the stage...was an EV batmobile. I guess he got/stole from Eddie! My friend's jaw dropped. Big pj fan.

Another true confession:
    Me too at an (unnamed to protect my stolen property) show at a church that was not pj/ev. After show I asked sound dude that was close to the stage if he sees any picks lying around. Told him i collect them...blah blah blah.  He said no. That stage is so clean. I walked away and got some records from merch table. Decided to walk back to the alter and noticed a small pile of picks. Walked up and some ultra rare ev picks. My heart was racing...couldn't believe what i was seeing...Two used and getting shredded. I had to save them..they were going to get wasted and tossed...(like picks should...but not these!!) .end of confession.

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    Looks like hand sig. Very cool stuff. Keep them coming. 

Had a pick dream last night...nothing about the music. PJ finished playing. As an afterthought, long after the show was over, I was like darn I forgot to look for picks.. went to the stage and scanned around. . Saw nothing...asked someone up there...no picks...climbed on stage and found a box filled with them (kind of like JAs mystery box donation) except they were kind of sorted. I started to dig handfuls out and my pockets were overflowing...there were also small plastic 'EV' stencils that were neat. I grabbed some of them too. A woman working the stage came over to me and was explaining about those ev stencils. She also said 'These aren't yours..."  me with my pockets spilling out quietly said 'yeeeeeeaaaahhhh...' and slowly walked away...picks in pocket.

Great dream and almost forgot about it til I clicked here. 

True story...my friend was at that stranger things guy's concert. After he walked the stageline. Saw a pick peeking out from under the stage...was an EV batmobile. I guess he got/stole from Eddie! My friend's jaw dropped. Big pj fan.

Another true confession:
    Me too at an (unnamed to protect my stolen property) show at a church that was not pj/ev. After show I asked sound dude that was close to the stage if he sees any picks lying around. Told him i collect them...blah blah blah.  He said no. That stage is so clean. I walked away and got some records from merch table. Decided to walk back to the alter and noticed a small pile of picks. Walked up and some ultra rare ev picks. My heart was racing...couldn't believe what i was seeing...Two used and getting shredded. I had to save them..they were going to get wasted and tossed...(like picks should...but not these!!) .end of confession.

You even dream about stealing shit, amazing!
  • Options
    Lock your windows and doors
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Lock your windows and doors
    Hide Yo Wife Hide Yo Kids GIFs  Tenor
  • Options

Scores from Austin
  • Options
    L"iiik"e it.

Nice work!!
  • Options
    Bump for any band weekend scores.
  • Options
    jninejnine Posts: 43
    Got this at Ohana. I see someone was trying to get info about it on here before but no luck? Does anyone know anything about it other than it's Jeff's?
  • Options
    I have that from Hyde park but no info. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    That cat appears on Matt's kick drum skin from the recent tour also
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,896
    jnine said:
    Got this at Ohana. I see someone was trying to get info about it on here before but no luck? Does anyone know anything about it other than it's Jeff's?

That cat appears on Matt's kick drum skin from the recent tour also

Different cat or the cat on the drumkit is older since he's sporting a mustache now :wink::tongue:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly