Ukraine

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,612
    mickeyrat said:
    14 widebody aircraft have landed to deliver supplies to Ukraine.

Yes, and in really short order.  Job well done!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,484
    Every school  here  and many shops have massive collections of all kinds of sanitary goods,clothes,toys.  Its so well organised  and supported its humbling  and  soul destroying  at the same time
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,076
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited March 2022
    if they took the same stances they did in the 90's, they'd never play live again. everything is sponsored now. that wasn't so in the band's infancy. 

Who has said anything about them playing things that are sponsored or not.

Eddie Vedder doesn't have to play a Darth Vader birthday bash just because he doesn't take the same stances as in the 90s (tired argument, by the way. In general) or that everyone play coorporate gigs now. But maybe us two differ on that point. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    if they took the same stances they did in the 90's, they'd never play live again. everything is sponsored now. that wasn't so in the band's infancy. 

Who has said anything about them playing things that are sponsored or not.

Eddie Vedder doesn't have to play a Darth Vader birthday bash just because he doesn't take the same stances as in the 90s (tired argument, by the way. In general) or that everyone play coorporate gigs now. But maybe us two differ on that point. 
    My kid had a Star Wars themed birthday party last year. I sent Ed an invite, never heard back. Douche…
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Now would be a great time for The Wyld Stallyns to write that song that aligns the starts and brings world peace.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650

This weekend we rock Portland
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    mace1229 said:
    Now would be a great time for The Wyld Stallyns to write that song that aligns the starts and brings world peace.
    That would be most excellent 
    edited March 2022
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,737
    no one but you were speaking of shell.making some kind of point, I dont know what that was.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    no one but you were speaking of shell.making some kind of point, I dont know what that was.
    You failing to see the point, is sadly on you. 

Well oh well

Great interview.  Thanks for posting it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,737
    mickeyrat said:

Well oh well
    no, it was more failing to artticulate what the point  was.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited March 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Well oh well

Okey. Unfortunate for you.
    edited March 2022
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Well oh well

you have two intelligent adults asking what your point was. I'd like to know what it was since I clearly misunderstood it. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited March 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Well oh well

you have two intelligent adults asking what your point was. I'd like to know what it was since I clearly misunderstood it. 
    I don't know who these two adults the gentleman is referring to would be. I have only seen mickeyrat referencing a "point" in a post, but not in any way asking about it. I do however presume that mickeyrat is an "intelligent adult" and therefore I imagine the point will come to him in no time. If he is not just playing obtuse and it is in reality already crystal clear, like in that movie with Demi Moore and Kevin Pollak.

Your misunderstanding seems to stem from you having a perception that Pearl Jam is not being able to afford saying no to playing events sponsored and paid for by oil companies. So, instead of me wasting words I recommend you think about that for a moment and once you get over that hurdle everything else point-wise should fall in place.

There is nothing hard at all to understand about any points I've made. Whether one is an intelligent adult or an unintelligent adult.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • erebuserebus Posts: 566
    edited March 2022
    Brittney Griner, WNBA star arrested on “drug” charges in Russia, could face 10 years in prison
    Post edited by erebus on
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
    Seems the prime minister of Israel went to Moscow for a 3 hour chat with Putin. 
    erebus said:
    Brittany Griner, WNBA star arrested on “drug” charges in Russia, could face 10 years in prison
    If true - who travels around internationally with cannabis oil. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    "Drug trafficking" for having vape cartridges with cannabis oil residue in a suitcase.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Well oh well

I don't know who these two adults the gentleman is referring to would be. I have only seen mickeyrat referencing a "point" in a post, but not in any way asking about it. I do however presume that mickeyrat is an "intelligent adult" and therefore I imagine the point will come to him in no time. If he is not just playing obtuse and it is in reality already crystal clear, like in that movie with Demi Moore and Kevin Pollak.

Your misunderstanding seems to stem from you having a perception that Pearl Jam is not being able to afford saying no to playing events sponsored and paid for by oil companies. So, instead of me wasting words I recommend you think about that for a moment and once you get over that hurdle everything else point-wise should fall in place.

There is nothing hard at all to understand about any points I've made. Whether one is an intelligent adult or an unintelligent adult.
    I never said they couldn't afford it. 

I guess you didn't have a point after all. it's odd to have a back and forth with someone refusing to explain their point to someone who is genuinely asking. I'm guessing you "wasted more words" not explaining than it would have taken you explain it, if indeed you did have a point. 

www.headstonesband.com

edited March 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Well oh well

I guess you didn't have a point after all. it's odd to have a back and forth with someone refusing to explain their point to someone who is genuinely asking. I'm guessing you "wasted more words" not explaining than it would have taken you explain it, if indeed you did have a point. 
    Well, if you do not believe they are in the position of being forced to play events paid for by oil companies. Then what is the point of your first post?

Understanding the point of your post, could be the key to understand how my point flew over your head in this brouhaha, if I can evoke a little.. french.
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Well oh well

Well, if you do not believe they are in the position of being forced to play events paid for by oil companies. Then what is the point of your first post?

Understanding the point of your post, could be the key to understand how my point flew over your head in this brouhaha, if I can evoke a little.. french.
    you're right....your vague shitpost and refusal to expound on it is all my fault. 

jesus christ you're exhausting. 

www.headstonesband.com

How much more evil can this get?
    "...the Russian military pummeled civilian targets and continued shelling near the first protected routes intended to allow besieged Ukrainians to flee, apparently violating a cease-fire that had been agreed to only hours earlier.

The ongoing Russian attacks near the “humanitarian corridors,” reported by Ukrainian officials, came hours after both countries had agreed to open safe routes for residents to flee Mariupol, a major port city on the Sea of Azov where tens of thousands of people have been without heat, electricity or water for three days, and Volnovakha, another beleaguered town 40 miles to the north.

Ten days into the Russian invasion, the continued shelling around the corridors made clear that Mr. Putin had settled on a plan to hammer civilian infrastructure and pulverize basic services and neighborhoods..."