Options

Ukraine

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,291
    mrussel1 said:
    The only good thing I see in any of this concerning China is that they’re up to their balls in omicron from the virus they themselves created right now, so the timing isn’t ideal for them to invade Taiwan.  I don’t think that means they won’t, but maybe it hampers their plans a bit?
    Yikes for the second time in 24h
    Yikes, sorry I agree with the majority of Americans. You do know that most Americans believe that it leaked from a lab right? Count me in with the rest of them. 

But for thread integrity, i just watched the tucker thing you guys are talking about, and he’s not siding with Putin, he’s just anti democrat/Biden the whole time.

“If you’ve been watching the news, you know that Putin is having a border dispute with a nation called Ukraine. Now, the main thing to know about Ukraine for our purposes is that its leaders once sent millions of dollars to Biden’s family. Not surprisingly, Ukraine is now one of Biden’s favorite countries. Biden has pledged to defend Ukraine’s borders even as he opens our borders to the world. That’s how it works. Invading America is called equity. Invading Ukraine is a war crime.”

He’s saying the narrative that we need to protect Ukraine because Ukraine is a democracy isnt true, as the Ukrainian president has a habit of arresting his political opponents and shutting down news outlets that are critical of him. By all accounts, Ukraine is a tyrannical state, but because Biden is linked with them, the narrative is that they need protection.

IMO, he’s saying it might be good for Biden but bad for Americans, and while Biden has admitted this fact, we’re being told that denying Putin Ukraine on moral grounds is the greater victory:

Energy prices in the United States are about to go way up, and that means that everything you buy will become much more expensive, from the food you eat to the car you drive to the tickets you need to take your family on vacation this summer, assuming you can still afford a vacation by then. You’re about to become measurably poorer. That’s not a guess. Joe Biden has admitted this. 

On the other hand, you’re going to win an important moral victory against dastardly old Vladimir Putin, who is much, much worse than Justin Trudeau. Just so you know. So you can feel good about that because…because…let’s see, come to think of it, why would you feel good about that? It seems like a pretty terrible deal for you and for the United States. Hunter Biden gets a million dollars a year from Ukraine, but you can no longer afford to go out to dinner. That’s not a bargain.”

See this is why you should not listen to Tucker.  He is full into the Russia propaganda.  Zelensky signed a decree early this month shutting down three pro Russia televisions stations.  Do you think for one minute that the US would have allowed pro German and pro Japanese radio and television stations operate during the War?  Not a chance.  Did that make the US and anti-democratic nation?  

Of course Tucker doesn't tell you that.  He makes you think it was just a normal political party opposition that he shut down.  Not the case.  The rest of this is bullshit as well, particularly saying Justin Trudeau is worse that Putin.  Last time I checked JT didn't invade Georgia and Chechnya, killing and displacing hundreds of thousands of civilians.  Putin did.  

He lies to you.  Lies to you every single day on that television.  
    There's no reasoning with brainwashed crazy. I just can't believe anyone can post that BS from Tucker and not call it pro-Russian propaganda. Your head would have to be up your ass.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,898
    insanity
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,349
    The only good thing I see in any of this concerning China is that they’re up to their balls in omicron from the virus they themselves created right now, so the timing isn’t ideal for them to invade Taiwan.  I don’t think that means they won’t, but maybe it hampers their plans a bit?
    Yikes, sorry I agree with the majority of Americans. You do know that most Americans believe that it leaked from a lab right? Count me in with the rest of them. 

But for thread integrity, i just watched the tucker thing you guys are talking about, and he’s not siding with Putin, he’s just anti democrat/Biden the whole time.

“If you’ve been watching the news, you know that Putin is having a border dispute with a nation called Ukraine. Now, the main thing to know about Ukraine for our purposes is that its leaders once sent millions of dollars to Biden’s family. Not surprisingly, Ukraine is now one of Biden’s favorite countries. Biden has pledged to defend Ukraine’s borders even as he opens our borders to the world. That’s how it works. Invading America is called equity. Invading Ukraine is a war crime.”

He’s saying the narrative that we need to protect Ukraine because Ukraine is a democracy isnt true, as the Ukrainian president has a habit of arresting his political opponents and shutting down news outlets that are critical of him. By all accounts, Ukraine is a tyrannical state, but because Biden is linked with them, the narrative is that they need protection.

IMO, he’s saying it might be good for Biden but bad for Americans, and while Biden has admitted this fact, we’re being told that denying Putin Ukraine on moral grounds is the greater victory:

Energy prices in the United States are about to go way up, and that means that everything you buy will become much more expensive, from the food you eat to the car you drive to the tickets you need to take your family on vacation this summer, assuming you can still afford a vacation by then. You’re about to become measurably poorer. That’s not a guess. Joe Biden has admitted this. 

On the other hand, you’re going to win an important moral victory against dastardly old Vladimir Putin, who is much, much worse than Justin Trudeau. Just so you know. So you can feel good about that because…because…let’s see, come to think of it, why would you feel good about that? It seems like a pretty terrible deal for you and for the United States. Hunter Biden gets a million dollars a year from Ukraine, but you can no longer afford to go out to dinner. That’s not a bargain.”

What pizza pie you coming up with to celebrate Russian aggression again? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,718

C'mon guys.. Rollmodels is playing fair.  Let's keep the debate going. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,349
    mrussel1 said:

Ok ok so maybe an antipasto 🤣🤣 ok I’ll bow out of the thread that somehow finds Americans cheering for a killer dictatorship!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,879
    mrussel1 said:

Well said. As usual. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    mrussel1 said:

Ok ok so maybe an antipasto 🤣🤣 ok I’ll bow out of the thread that somehow finds Americans cheering for a killer dictatorship!
    Who is cheering for a killer dictatorship?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Anyone who voted for Trump.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I don't know, one side is posting about Hunter Biden conspiracies and sashaying around in Putin's fantasy land of fun while the other is considering the actuality of the events taking place and what they mean from a global perspective. You're debating, he's blowing dog whistles.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't know, one side is posting about Hunter Biden conspiracies and sashaying around in Putin's fantasy land of fun while the other is considering the actuality of the events taking place and what they mean from a global perspective. You're debating, he's blowing dog whistles.
    I don't see it that way.  We were legitimately discussing whether Tucker was ambivalent or pro-Kremlin.  So he posted Tucker's words.  He didn't necessarily support them.  I'm pointing out to him why I think it is pro-Kremlin spin, particularly the accusation that Zelensky is a dictator because he revoked the license of three television stations that are pro-Kremlin.  And the US would absolutely have done the same.  And should, without question.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,206
    edited February 2022
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lots of republicans. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,898
    hopefully. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576
    mrussel1 said:

There is an inordinate amount of "americans" who would support having an autocratic dictatorship in America.
    They believe that this would keep America white and not be replaced.
    Thus they support tfg, putin, orban, erdogan,  and kim. 

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,017
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't see it that way.  We were legitimately discussing whether Tucker was ambivalent or pro-Kremlin.  So he posted Tucker's words.  He didn't necessarily support them.  I'm pointing out to him why I think it is pro-Kremlin spin, particularly the accusation that Zelensky is a dictator because he revoked the license of three television stations that are pro-Kremlin.  And the US would absolutely have done the same.  And should, without question.  
    I envision something similar happening in this country at some point. The disinformation is harmful.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:

Fair enough. I applaud your efforts. It's like scaling the Kremlin.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    mrussel1 said:

We were legitimately discussing whether Tucker was ambivalent or pro-Kremlin.  So he posted Tucker's words.  
    So did RT:

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

We were legitimately discussing whether Tucker was ambivalent or pro-Kremlin.  So he posted Tucker's words.  
    So did RT:

No surprise.  Locks in our point. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Should be noted that just like RoleModelsinBlood31 - Good ol' Tucker also makes sure to throw in how China for sure manufactured the virus.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    edited February 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lots of republicans. 
    The comment said he will bow out of a thread that has Americans cheering for a killer dictatorship. I took that to mean people in this thread, so I wanted to know who in this thread is cheering for Putin?
    But what republicans? I’ve seen criticism on Biden, but not anyone cheering for Putin. Not even Trump from what I’ve seen believes that, so I don’t know where all this Trumplicans cheer for Putin comes from. Can you provide names and quotes beyond just “lots of republicans” gwhere they cheer for Russia? And that’s a serious question, I would like to know who in office wants to support Putin and how they plan to.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lots of republicans. 
    The comment said he will bow out of a thread that has Americans cheering for a killer dictatorship. I took that to mean people in this thread, so I wanted to know who in this thread is cheering for Putin?
    But what republicans? I’ve seen criticism on Biden, but not anyone cheering for Putin. Not even Trump from what I’ve seen believes that, so I don’t know where all this Trumplicans cheer for Putin comes from. Can you provide names and quotes beyond just “lots of republicans” gwhere they cheer for Russia? And that’s a serious question, I would like to know who in office wants to support Putin and how they plan to.

What republicans? The majority of them favor Putin over their own president. Disinformation spread by Fox and Trump allies have led us to this point. Only going to get worse. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/02/23/republicans-view-putin-more-favorably-than-they-do-leading-democrats/

Republicans view Putin more favorably than they do leading Democrats

President Biden meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Geneva on June 16, 2021. (Denis Balibouse/AFP/Getty Images)
    Image without a caption
    National correspondent
    Today at 10:01 a.m. EST

Russian President Vladimir Putin operates within a well-established political framework. He is an autocrat with near-unilateral control over his country. Russia has elections, but no one is under the impression that the results will be allowed to pose a threat to Putin’s power. Personal freedoms are constrained significantly; opponents of Putin’s regime have a habit of succumbing to sudden illness and accidents.

Yet American Republicans view him slightly more positively than they do leading Democratic officials. Between Putin and President Biden, it’s a toss-up that leans in Putin’s favor.

Polling from YouGov conducted for the Economist in January provides an apples-to-apples comparison between Putin and various American leaders. Overall, Putin is much less positively viewed than Biden, Vice President Harris or House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D- Calif.), for example. Those officials and the parties are all viewed with some favorability by about a third of the public, as is former president Donald Trump. Only Barack Obama stands out from the crowd here, with a third of Americans viewing him very favorably.

I added a dashed line there to indicate where Putin’s approval stands with the group.

That’s a more useful indicator when we look at the views held by Republicans. With Republicans, Putin is viewed far less positively than is Trump — but more positively than sitting Democratic leaders. Interestingly, only Obama matches Putin’s favorability among Republicans, certainly in part a function of his being out of office.

When we see poll results like this, the appropriate question is whether the difference between Biden and Putin is significant. In other words, the difference between the two presidents might simply be an artifact of the margins of uncertainty built into the poll. But it’s very clear that Republicans aren’t significantly more likely to approve of Biden. It’s just a question of whether they’re significantly more likely to approve of Putin.

One area in which there’s no statistical question: Republicans are far less likely to say they view Putin very unfavorably than they are to say the same of Biden or other leading Democrats.

Among Democrats, incidentally, approval of Putin, Trump and the Republican Party are essentially indistinguishable. About two-thirds of Democrats view Putin very unfavorably, about the same as they view the Republican Party. Four in five view Trump very unfavorably.

In the same poll, YouGov asked respondents whether they thought that Putin and Biden were strong leaders. Overall, Americans were twice as likely to say that Putin was a very or somewhat strong leader as they were to say the same of Biden. Among Democrats, both Putin and Biden were seen equivalently. Republicans were 10 times as likely to describe Putin as strong as they were Biden.

This appreciation of Putin’s strong-arm leadership certainly helps moderate Republican views of him. Trump’s own description of Putin as “savvy” and as purportedly being emboldened by Biden’s weakness is rooted in his long-demonstrated appreciation of Putin’s perceived strength.

It’s the sort of strength that probably seems more appealing from afar.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lots of republicans. 

What republicans? The majority of them favor Putin over their own president. Disinformation spread by Fox and Trump allies have led us to this point. Only going to get worse. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/02/23/republicans-view-putin-more-favorably-than-they-do-leading-democrats/

President Biden meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Geneva on June 16, 2021. (Denis Balibouse/AFP/Getty Images)
    Image without a caption
    National correspondent

Russian President Vladimir Putin operates within a well-established political framework. He is an autocrat with near-unilateral control over his country. Russia has elections, but no one is under the impression that the results will be allowed to pose a threat to Putin’s power. Personal freedoms are constrained significantly; opponents of Putin’s regime have a habit of succumbing to sudden illness and accidents.

Yet American Republicans view him slightly more positively than they do leading Democratic officials. Between Putin and President Biden, it’s a toss-up that leans in Putin’s favor.

Polling from YouGov conducted for the Economist in January provides an apples-to-apples comparison between Putin and various American leaders. Overall, Putin is much less positively viewed than Biden, Vice President Harris or House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D- Calif.), for example. Those officials and the parties are all viewed with some favorability by about a third of the public, as is former president Donald Trump. Only Barack Obama stands out from the crowd here, with a third of Americans viewing him very favorably.

I added a dashed line there to indicate where Putin’s approval stands with the group.

That’s a more useful indicator when we look at the views held by Republicans. With Republicans, Putin is viewed far less positively than is Trump — but more positively than sitting Democratic leaders. Interestingly, only Obama matches Putin’s favorability among Republicans, certainly in part a function of his being out of office.

When we see poll results like this, the appropriate question is whether the difference between Biden and Putin is significant. In other words, the difference between the two presidents might simply be an artifact of the margins of uncertainty built into the poll. But it’s very clear that Republicans aren’t significantly more likely to approve of Biden. It’s just a question of whether they’re significantly more likely to approve of Putin.

One area in which there’s no statistical question: Republicans are far less likely to say they view Putin very unfavorably than they are to say the same of Biden or other leading Democrats.

Among Democrats, incidentally, approval of Putin, Trump and the Republican Party are essentially indistinguishable. About two-thirds of Democrats view Putin very unfavorably, about the same as they view the Republican Party. Four in five view Trump very unfavorably.

In the same poll, YouGov asked respondents whether they thought that Putin and Biden were strong leaders. Overall, Americans were twice as likely to say that Putin was a very or somewhat strong leader as they were to say the same of Biden. Among Democrats, both Putin and Biden were seen equivalently. Republicans were 10 times as likely to describe Putin as strong as they were Biden.

This appreciation of Putin’s strong-arm leadership certainly helps moderate Republican views of him. Trump’s own description of Putin as “savvy” and as purportedly being emboldened by Biden’s weakness is rooted in his long-demonstrated appreciation of Putin’s perceived strength.

Can you post a picture of the walrus mustache guy just for old times sake?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lots of republicans. 

Image without a caption
    National correspondent

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lots of republicans. 

Image without a caption
    National correspondent

Thanks!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,015
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lots of republicans. 

Image without a caption
    National correspondent

Thanks!

I thought you meant Bolton.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited February 2022

These people were the deplorable fringe 6 years ago. Not anymore. 
    chinese-happy.jpg