Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    Guess he really owned Governor Inslee and the libs? Maybe he can be a guest on Rogan's show? Oh, yea, wait a minute.

/www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/preventable-tragedy-fox-news-silent-after-guest-dies-of-covid

Bad link. 

Was that the WA State Trooper who died from COVID, that Laura Ingraham praised as a celebrity for his anti-vaxx position back in October? 
    Yup. As someone said, it’s a death cult at this point. Deaths are at their highest level since before vaccines were readily available. I don’t think I need to tell you who the overwhelming majority of those deaths represent. Sad. But honk your horn.
    It's even more fun when taking into account the fact that Fox News has a vaccine mandate for its employees. 
  • Options
    Guess he really owned Governor Inslee and the libs? Maybe he can be a guest on Rogan's show? Oh, yea, wait a minute.

/www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/preventable-tragedy-fox-news-silent-after-guest-dies-of-covid

Bad link. 

Was that the WA State Trooper who died from COVID, that Laura Ingraham praised as a celebrity for his anti-vaxx position back in October? 
    Yup. As someone said, it’s a death cult at this point. Deaths are at their highest level since before vaccines were readily available. I don’t think I need to tell you who the overwhelming majority of those deaths represent. Sad. But honk your horn.
    It's even more fun when taking into account the fact that Fox News has a vaccine mandate for its employees. 
    I read a piece about how vaccine misinformation spreads and the article focused on the spread of mis/disinformation regarding perfectly healthy athletes dropping dead after getting vaccinated. Started in Germany and Austria by right wing political parties and their mouth pieces, makes its way to Twitter/Facebook, gets de-platformed, ends up on Faux News, Reddit and Gateway Pundit and then gets spewed from the mouth of a US Senator. Despite being debunked at every step of the way and the common defense appeared to be, "I'm just asking questions." Sound familiar?

I wonder how many of the truckers are vaccinated? Guess what? You can't drive a truck if you're hospitalized with covid. But freedumb. Maybe they'll use all those funds they raised to support the families of those truck drivers who get sick and become debilitated or die? At this point, good luck.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,368
    edited February 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    It’s cute that some of you still think they’ll get 100% vaccinated..It’s good to have dreams though…even unrealistic ones.
    I would be happy with 67%
    2 out of 3 ain't bad! 
    Yeah, am I the only one that has always hated Meatloaf?
    Me "too" boss!
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2022
    The people against the vaccines use the same mental gymnastics and cognitive dissonance as the “flat Earthers”.  It would seem that a fundamental lack of education is the driving force, mixed with overwhelming denial of any real scientific data.
    I wish both groups would spend more time staring at the sun.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,925
    PJPOWER said:
    The people against the vaccines use the same mental gymnastics and cognitive dissonance as the “flat Earthers”.  It would seem that a fundamental lack of education is the driving force, mixed with overwhelming denial of any real scientific data.
    You sure it’s that and not just Joe Rogans podcast?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    You sure it’s that and not just Joe Rogans podcast?
    “Fundamental lack of education” covered that :)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,637
    edited February 2022
    I don't think it is a lack of education in all cases.  In some cases people do their research, listen to doctors, etc... and unfortunately just listen to the wrong people.  I think some are just stubborn for some reason and have a persecution complex like the whole government is out to ruin them and they just won't ever get on board.  
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    I think there's also a growing (or maybe it's always been this prevalent) inability to acknowledge being wrong. Some people are probably willfully shutting down every creeping thought of "maybe the vaccination is a good idea" so as not to be wrong
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    edited February 2022
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I don't think it is a lack of education in all cases.  In some cases people do their research, listen to doctors, etc... and unfortunately just listen to the wrong people.  I think some are just stubborn for some reason and have a persecution complex like the whole government is out to ruin them and they just won't ever get on board.  
    Yep, just like the flat-Earthers, ha
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,131
    I can't count how many times I have said "please ask your doctor" about this fucking vaccine.

Why anyone would believe memes on facebook over a fucking doctor blows my mind

idiocy
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    will trust doctors to go under anesthesia, get cut open, take a kidney, hook it all up inside their body and go an insane amount of immunosuppressants and other drugs.

Won't trust doctor to get vaccine in order to stay on transplant list.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,044
    I read a friends post on social media today that their kid is not allowed to talk in school while it’s lunch time since they are not wearing a mask. I thought that was crazy and maybe exaggerated a bit so I asked my kids if they are allowed to talk during lunch time while eating and they both said no. One said that they were told not to because they might spread germs. This is a 5 year old and a 7 year old. What the fuck. 

Another school just outside our area had a teacher email the parents to tell them to have a talk with their kids about not talking during recess and lunchtime. This will help them keep safe. The same teacher said they would have windows open throughout the day and the whole time while they eat. They recommended bringing an extra jacket or sweater cause it could get chilly. What the fuck. 
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 647
    PJNB said:
    I read a friends post on social media today that their kid is not allowed to talk in school while it’s lunch time since they are not wearing a mask. I thought that was crazy and maybe exaggerated a bit so I asked my kids if they are allowed to talk during lunch time while eating and they both said no. One said that they were told not to because they might spread germs. This is a 5 year old and a 7 year old. What the fuck. 

Another school just outside our area had a teacher email the parents to tell them to have a talk with their kids about not talking during recess and lunchtime. This will help them keep safe. The same teacher said they would have windows open throughout the day and the whole time while they eat. They recommended bringing an extra jacket or sweater cause it could get chilly. What the fuck. 
    Where is that? Unfortunately, most forum users here would agree to this. People lost their mind.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    AW124797 said:
    Negative. I suggest you read the paper.   This an independent paper by JHU economists,  not health care researchers.  The paper clearly states it is unaffiliated with the university itself.  Plus,  these are libertarian economists. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Negative. I suggest you read the paper.   This an independent paper by JHU economists,  not health care researchers.  The paper clearly states it is unaffiliated with the university itself.  Plus,  these are libertarian economists. 
    Also they started by looking at 18000 studies and distilled it down to only 34 studies that they could use to prove their predictions.

"We only include studies that attempt to establish a relationship (or lack thereof) between lockdown policies and COVID-19 mortality or excess mortality. We exclude studies that use cases, hospitalizations, or other measures."  

In reading this am I correct to assume that if a paper shows that a lockdown decreased cases and hospitilizations it was ignored?  I mean if a lockdown decreases cases and hospitilizations wouldn't that decrease deaths?  Fucking people are thick. 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Also they started by looking at 18000 studies and distilled it down to only 34 studies that they could use to prove their predictions.

"We only include studies that attempt to establish a relationship (or lack thereof) between lockdown policies and COVID-19 mortality or excess mortality. We exclude studies that use cases, hospitalizations, or other measures."  

In reading this am I correct to assume that if a paper shows that a lockdown decreased cases and hospitilizations it was ignored?  I mean if a lockdown decreases cases and hospitilizations wouldn't that decrease deaths?  Fucking people are thick. 
    Yeah exactly.  And while I couldn't find the research in that Fox report, I read it yesterday through another link.  And in the paper, the baseline mortality rate that is used to determine the .2% improvement was established right at the beginning of the pandemic, and it was an analysis made before the pandemic really took off.  So the whole compare point was a SWAG to start.  

Last time I checked, we don't let economists make public health or medical decisions. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:

Yeah exactly.  And while I couldn't find the research in that Fox report, I read it yesterday through another link.  And in the paper, the baseline mortality rate that is used to determine the .2% improvement was established right at the beginning of the pandemic, and it was an analysis made before the pandemic really took off.  So the whole compare point was a SWAG to start.  

Last time I checked, we don't let economists make public health or medical decisions. 
    But millions of people allow conspiracy theorists,, podcasters, NFL qbs, strangers on FB and YT, and failed NY developers to make their decisions for them.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    PJNB said:

there's been a lot of really, really stupid policies put in place by teachers and/or administrators. a lot of it has been mind boggling. I'm sure it's super stressful and has to be really difficult to be a teacher, especially now, but common sense is often not the rule these days. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:

But millions of people allow conspiracy theorists,, podcasters, NFL qbs, strangers on FB and YT, and failed NY developers to make their decisions for them.
    Sorry anti-vaxxer. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    My wife started feeling crappy on Saturday & I started feeling crappy on Sunday. On Monday, we both got PCR tests. Got our results on Tuesday morning--she was positive, I was negative. So, we're at home. There is no doubt that I am also positive at this point, but I am getting another PCR on Friday. I'm hoping the symptoms lessen by then. Headache, body aches, congestion and just really fucking tired. Thank god for the vaccines + booster. Be well, everyone.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    mfc2006 said:
    My wife started feeling crappy on Saturday & I started feeling crappy on Sunday. On Monday, we both got PCR tests. Got our results on Tuesday morning--she was positive, I was negative. So, we're at home. There is no doubt that I am also positive at this point, but I am getting another PCR on Friday. I'm hoping the symptoms lessen by then. Headache, body aches, congestion and just really fucking tired. Thank god for the vaccines + booster. Be well, everyone.
    take care dude. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    mfc2006 said:
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Our 4 year old tested positive last week. His only symptom was lethargy and complained a few times of a sore stomach.

My wife then got very minor symptoms and recovered in about 3 days. She took about 4 rapid tests but never tested positive, but it could only be Covid because she had no other contacts.

I've been symptom free and taken 3 rapid tests now, all negative. Last one this morning. Same with my 7 year old. We have taken no precautions in the home since the positive test. We just wanted to get it over with.

Where I live PCR tests are no longer available and we are running out of rapid tests, so i'm just going to assume that I've had it at this point or I was one of the lucky few whose vaccine prevented infection. I was boosted in September.

As you said, vaccines for the win. Only one in the family to test positive was the unvaccinated one. We are very grateful. 

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    ^^ thanks, guys.

We're ok---just feels like a really nasty cold. I think we'll be feeling better in the next few days.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I'm not sure if we had it or not (couldn't get home tests and didn't mess with scheduling one) but we both just had cold symptoms except my wife did seem to lose her sense of smell for a few days.

I have had a cough for a month though. Not bronchitis or anything just mild drainage and cough.  Really wish it would go away.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,044
    PJNB said:

there's been a lot of really, really stupid policies put in place by teachers and/or administrators. a lot of it has been mind boggling. I'm sure it's super stressful and has to be really difficult to be a teacher, especially now, but common sense is often not the rule these days. 
    At the start this was forgivable. Now it is inexcusable. Teachers have a tough job for sure. But common sense what’s best for our kids total health has gone out the window it seems, 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mfc2006 said:
    ^^ thanks, guys.

We're ok---just feels like a really nasty cold. I think we'll be feeling better in the next few days.
    Good news!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

At the start this was forgivable. Now it is inexcusable. Teachers have a tough job for sure. But common sense what’s best for our kids total health has gone out the window it seems, 
    Attempting to protect children is inexcusable? Come on..

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,486
    edited February 2022
    All restrictions removed in Sweden on the 9th. 

Time to party like it's February of 2020.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"