• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Glad you are ok, Speedy!

Happy holidays to an OG board homie!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    mickeyrat said:
    Mamasan23 said:
    Good God man I am so happy that you are okay. Crazy indeed!!! And right around Christmas of all times!!! I am sure Kathy is taking excellent care of you, but if there's anything I can do to help do not hesitate to ask. 
    Did the Vedder ticket prices have anything to do with this?

who are you?
    this post just screams warmth and welcoming. 
    ....you know he was being sarcastic, right?
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Mamasan23 said:
    Good God man I am so happy that you are okay. Crazy indeed!!! And right around Christmas of all times!!! I am sure Kathy is taking excellent care of you, but if there's anything I can do to help do not hesitate to ask. 

who are you?

fantastic. I was hoping it would. people say I can be a little cold sometimes.
    how could I possibly know that, Juggs?

my apologies, Mickey, for misreading. but sarcasm can be hard to detect online without the /s. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    Mamasan23 said:

who are you?
    ....you know he was being sarcastic, right?
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Mamasan23 said:

who are you?

fantastic. I was hoping it would. people say I can be a little cold sometimes.
    how could I possibly know that, Juggs?

my apologies, Mickey, for misreading. but sarcasm can be hard to detect online without the /s. 
    The only thing that really matters here is that Mamasan23 knows that he was just joshing her. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    WTF Speedy!  Glad you are physically doing better.  
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Happy new year, Speedy! Glad you're still in this shitshow with the rest of us!!
  • Options
    Happy new year, Speedy! Glad you're still in this shitshow with the rest of us!!
    Happy New Year, my friend. 

Hope all is well in your world. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,872

update man!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pardon my tardiness with this...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mickeyrat said:

update man!!!!
    Yes---how are you feeling, man? Happy New Year!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    update

yes/no?

• Options
    Recovering
    One day at a time
    Hopefully go do a nuclear stress test in a couple weeks
    Hopefully back to work in a month
  • Options
    Recovering
    One day at a time

back otr or switch to local?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Recovering
    One day at a time

back otr or switch to local?
    Ive been regional, home every night, for the last 9 months. 
    And hopefully thats where I stay until retirement. 
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Damn, Speedy. Sorry to hear you went through this. Stay positive and heal up quickly! :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Damn, Speedy. Sorry to hear you went through this. Stay positive and heal up quickly! :)
    Thank you.
    It has been quite a ride the last month, but I am feeling better with each passing day.
    Im 56 years old and was NEVER EVER on any type of meds. Now I can open up my own pharmacy! haha
    But hopefully, in time, I can lower the amount of medication I need to be on. 
    Once my doctor gave me the ok to exercise (after 2 weeks), I jumped on the exercise bike, and I am up to 40 minutes a day. 
    Between that, changing my diet, and giving up the cigarettes, I may be around for a few more years. 

• Options
    Thank you.
    It has been quite a ride the last month, but I am feeling better with each passing day.
    Im 56 years old and was NEVER EVER on any type of meds. Now I can open up my own pharmacy! haha
    But hopefully, in time, I can lower the amount of medication I need to be on. 
    Once my doctor gave me the ok to exercise (after 2 weeks), I jumped on the exercise bike, and I am up to 40 minutes a day. 
    Between that, changing my diet, and giving up the cigarettes, I may be around for a few more years. 

giving up smokes is a huge raise...

quit 10 1/2 yrs ago. if prices stayed the same in that time , I have saved $26,000.

I would expect prices there were higher than here at that time.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    Yeah, that's a great point Mickey about cigarette cost.

Speedy, a few months not smoking can probably pay for a Disney trip
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    edited January 2022
    Poncier said:

You look at Disney prices lately? 
    A few months of no cigarettes might be able to pay for some Mickey Mouse Ears...Hahahaha

If I am still alive, and not placed in a coffin, the wife and I are going to Disney the 1st week of May. 
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677
    Poncier said:

A few months of no cigarettes might be able to pay for some Mickey Mouse Ears...Hahahaha

If I am still alive, and not placed in a coffin, they wife and I are going to Disney the 1st week of May. 
    Just curious, did you have a stent, angio, bypass?  What did they end up doing?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

If I am still alive, and not placed in a coffin, they wife and I are going to Disney the 1st week of May. 
    2 stents
    No bypass
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Good to hear that you're starting to feel better, man! Great job on dropping the cigarettes. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Good to hear that you're starting to feel better, man! Great job on dropping the cigarettes. 
    Any human being that has a heart attack, suffers cardiac arrest, and DOES NOT quit smoking? 
    Like instantly?
    Then that person really needs to have their head examined. hahaha

How you been?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

2 stents
    No bypass
    That's good to hear.  

Here's my story, doesn't feel quite as scary as yours. 

September 2012, I went to Music Midtown in Atlanta.  Foo Fighters headline Friday, Pearl Jam on Saturday.  Sometime during the Friday show I started having heart burn.  Never have had it once in my life so it was weird.  Didn't 'hurt' per se, just uncomfortable.  Drank my way through the show successfully but didn't have much of an appetite.  That night in teh hotel room I was really uncomfortable.  Went across the street and got some heart burn medicine that had aspirin so that helped. 

Next day was still uncomfortable.  No better, no worse.  Got to the show by 2PM for Garbage.  We were about 8th row.  Huge show.  Definitely over 50k, hot.  88 degrees easy.  Stood from 2 until PJ was done at 11 or whatever.  Whole time was uncomfortable, but not terrible. 

Flew home Sunday.  Exhausted.  Went to bed and my wife (who wasn't with me on the trip) was worried and made me go to the hospital.  Turns out yes.. I was having a heart attack for two days.  Right in the widow maker.  They put me right into surgery for the cardiac cath.  Confirmed but the good news was that my body had already built around it, so I didn't need a stent or angio.  

Turn to today, I was lucky like you.  Considering I was in my 30's, this was both a surprise and very risky.  I had hypertension since I was in my 20's, but lazy about the medicine.  I'm not overweight.  My father had heart disease but he also smoked 2 packs of Pall Mall a day, so it's hard to say how hereditary things were.  Today I'm on 5 different medicines for blood pressure, cholesterol and tri's.  

That's not where the story ends..  this is the lesson.  Because of what happened to me, my older brother was a little concerned.  He was 40 at the time (18 months older than me).  He decided to do a stress test to be safe.  It came back "low normal" in one section.  Doctor said no big deal, but my brother wasn't satisfied.  He insisted on a cardiac cath and paid for it himself.  Turns out he had FIVE arteries that were 70% blocked.  He did not have hypertension, and cholesterol was only slightly high.  Also was in great shape.  He ended up having a quintuple (is that right) bypass at 40 years old.  Fortunately for him, his mother in law is the head nurse at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Institute, probably the best hospital in the world.  So the chief surgeon did his surgery and then used a new technique where you actually replace your arteries with various unused arteries in your body.  Today, like me he is on a cocktail of medicines but perfectly healthy.. other than having heart disease like I do. 

So the lesson here is that heredity is so important.  We both are healthy, in shape, etc. but we had major heart issues early in life.  He was a time bomb.  I was super lucky.  IN fact, I learned that when you are young, you are more likely to have your heart attack be catastrophic because you don't have the years of plaque built up.  While that helps cause a heart attack, it also protects you when having one (ironically).  Anyway, sorry for the long story, hopefully you all will take care of yourself, but definitely pay attention to your family history.  My doctor told me it doesn't matter what I do, I can't control cholesterol without medicine.  My body just makes cholesterol.  I'm sure a lot of us are like that.  
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and you're goddam right I had a heart attack at a PJ show and didn't leave.  How many people can say THAT?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    Poncier said:

If I am still alive, and not placed in a coffin, the wife and I are going to Disney the 1st week of May. 
    Oh yes, I've seen them (talk about something that could induce a heart attack!).
    Was at the Land in Anaheim last August, believe it was most expensive vacation ever. Didn't bat an eye since we had no vacation in 2020, but those prices just keep soaring.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

2 stents
    No bypass
    That's good to hear.  

Here's my story, doesn't feel quite as scary as yours. 

September 2012, I went to Music Midtown in Atlanta.  Foo Fighters headline Friday, Pearl Jam on Saturday.  Sometime during the Friday show I started having heart burn.  Never have had it once in my life so it was weird.  Didn't 'hurt' per se, just uncomfortable.  Drank my way through the show successfully but didn't have much of an appetite.  That night in teh hotel room I was really uncomfortable.  Went across the street and got some heart burn medicine that had aspirin so that helped. 

Next day was still uncomfortable.  No better, no worse.  Got to the show by 2PM for Garbage.  We were about 8th row.  Huge show.  Definitely over 50k, hot.  88 degrees easy.  Stood from 2 until PJ was done at 11 or whatever.  Whole time was uncomfortable, but not terrible. 

Flew home Sunday.  Exhausted.  Went to bed and my wife (who wasn't with me on the trip) was worried and made me go to the hospital.  Turns out yes.. I was having a heart attack for two days.  Right in the widow maker.  They put me right into surgery for the cardiac cath.  Confirmed but the good news was that my body had already built around it, so I didn't need a stent or angio.  

Turn to today, I was lucky like you.  Considering I was in my 30's, this was both a surprise and very risky.  I had hypertension since I was in my 20's, but lazy about the medicine.  I'm not overweight.  My father had heart disease but he also smoked 2 packs of Pall Mall a day, so it's hard to say how hereditary things were.  Today I'm on 5 different medicines for blood pressure, cholesterol and tri's.  

That's not where the story ends..  this is the lesson.  Because of what happened to me, my older brother was a little concerned.  He was 40 at the time (18 months older than me).  He decided to do a stress test to be safe.  It came back "low normal" in one section.  Doctor said no big deal, but my brother wasn't satisfied.  He insisted on a cardiac cath and paid for it himself.  Turns out he had FIVE arteries that were 70% blocked.  He did not have hypertension, and cholesterol was only slightly high.  Also was in great shape.  He ended up having a quintuple (is that right) bypass at 40 years old.  Fortunately for him, his mother in law is the head nurse at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Institute, probably the best hospital in the world.  So the chief surgeon did his surgery and then used a new technique where you actually replace your arteries with various unused arteries in your body.  Today, like me he is on a cocktail of medicines but perfectly healthy.. other than having heart disease like I do. 

So the lesson here is that heredity is so important.  We both are healthy, in shape, etc. but we had major heart issues early in life.  He was a time bomb.  I was super lucky.  IN fact, I learned that when you are young, you are more likely to have your heart attack be catastrophic because you don't have the years of plaque built up.  While that helps cause a heart attack, it also protects you when having one (ironically).  Anyway, sorry for the long story, hopefully you all will take care of yourself, but definitely pay attention to your family history.  My doctor told me it doesn't matter what I do, I can't control cholesterol without medicine.  My body just makes cholesterol.  I'm sure a lot of us are like that.  

pics or it didnt happen.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Oh yeah, and you're goddam right I had a heart attack at a PJ show and didn't leave.  How many people can say THAT?
    That story IS WILD!!!
    Dear Lord.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    The whole suffering a heart attack 2 days prior, and still functioning, kind of amazes me. When my left hand went ice cold, it really didnt dawn on me exactly what was happening. Then 5-10 minutes later, when the most incredible discomfort one can imagine settled in? I knew damned well that not only was I having a heart attack, but I was going to be dead in a very short time. I mean, I JUST KNEW IT. And I was correct. 

Talk of walking around for 2 days after having a heart attack, just blows my mind. I knew I would be lucky if I survived 20 minutes. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    The whole suffering a heart attack 2 days prior, and still functioning, kind of amazes me. When my left hand went ice cold, it really didnt dawn on me exactly what was happening. Then 5-10 minutes later, when the most incredible discomfort one can imagine settled in? I knew damned well that not only was I having a heart attack, but I was going to be dead in a very short time. I mean, I JUST KNEW IT. And I was correct. 

Talk of walking around for 2 days after having a heart attack, just blows my mind. I knew I would be lucky if I survived 20 minutes. 

it helped he wasnt a broken down old truck driver....

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

It sounds like yours hit totally different than mine.  I never had any pain in the left arm or the other signs.  The heart burn felt in teh middle of my chest, sort of the bottom of the esophagus, so it never occurred to me that it could be cardiac arrest.