They told me I was clinically dead

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    man thats crazy.  Glad medicine did its thing.

At least now you know youre in the bonus levels
  • Holy shit!  So glad you’re still here Speedy.  You must be feeling ALL the emotions right now. Sending warm thoughts and healing vibes your direction.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Let it all out, buddy. No shame in that at all. We’re all here for you.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,966
    Thanks for telling your story. Dangly dang dang crazy. Take care
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    Take care Speedy, glad you are back home.  The difference between being taken into the ER in an ambulance and entering the ER on your own is TIME.  Ambulance, you go directly into ER, you will immediately receive medical attention.  Walk in, assuming you complain of chest pain, they will take you right in, but you have to get to that ER first.  As you said, you don't know if you would have been able to drive, get yourself out of the car, etc.  Scary either way.  Take care.
  • Tuesday was quite a day.

Calling 911, as I realized I was having a heart attack
    Having the 2 ambulance guys tell me, "Mr. Beck you are NOT having a heart attack."
    Getting to Emergency room, and being surrounded by professionals, who were also informing me, "Mr. Beck, you are NOT having a heart attack.
    Screaming at everybody, to take this phone number down and call my wife, please tell her I'm sorry and I love her, and have always loved her. 
    Again people telling me, "Mr. Beck, you are not having a heart attack"
    Me again screaming, "CALL MY WIFE!!!!"
    Now giving in to the fact that I am going to die here, surrounded by professionals who are making a mistake. 
    Then getting into a fetal position, turning ghost white, sweating like you wouldn't believe, and finally having a doctor say to me, "Mr. Beck, you are indeed having a heart attack!!!!!"
    Me replying, "Oh really, you don't say?!?!?!"
    Now watching all those folks who originally thought I was full of it, now spring into action. 
    Feeling the pressure of stents being put into me, as I soon realized you are AWAKE for this little fun procedure. 

And I remember EVERYTHING up until that point. 
    Because thats when it got real interesting. 

whoa. glad you're ok enough to post about it on here.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    I LOVE doctors (for the most part, aside from plastic surgeons) but last time I went to the ER, I KNEW I was about ready to pass out and they kept asking questions they already knew the answers to (from my history)….actually, it wasn’t really doctors asking the questions; more like admittance people….anyway, I told them “you’re gonna be talking to an unconscious person real soon.” sure enough, I went into several seizures…next thing I remember was some angel asking if I’d like a little morphine.

yes, please!

get well, speedy. we and the supply chain need you!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    I think this story is amazing. You truly saved your own life by following the course you decided was best under these adverse circumstances!
    Best wishes for a solid recovery and many years of life in the future.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Holy shit dude! Wow, glad you are ok now :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Wow.  That’s quite the medical experience.  Glad you are still with us…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    Tuesday was quite a day.

Having the 2 ambulance guys tell me, "Mr. Beck you are NOT having a heart attack."
    Getting to Emergency room, and being surrounded by professionals, who were also informing me, "Mr. Beck, you are NOT having a heart attack.
    Screaming at everybody, to take this phone number down and call my wife, please tell her I'm sorry and I love her, and have always loved her. 
    Now giving in to the fact that I am going to die here, surrounded by professionals who are making a mistake. 
    Then getting into a fetal position, turning ghost white, sweating like you wouldn't believe, and finally having a doctor say to me, "Mr. Beck, you are indeed having a heart attack!!!!!"
    Now watching all those folks who originally thought I was full of it, now spring into action. 
    Feeling the pressure of stents being put into me, as I soon realized you are AWAKE for this little fun procedure. 

Been through the same thing years back, glad your ok 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    edited December 2021
    Tuesday was quite a day.

Alright you two, lay off the speedballs and freebasing.  :wink:

So glad you are both still with us! :hug:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    brianlux said:
    Tuesday was quite a day.

Alright you two, lay off the speedballs and freebasing.  :wink:

So glad you are both still with us! :hug:
    Me too! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Born again Speedy!

Take care, bud. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Such a harrowing experience, incomprehensible.  Your quick thinking was truly remarkable.  

Rest up, all the best to you Speedy.   
    Nice shirt.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    Hey old buddy, old pal. Glad you made it through and listened to your body! Hope you have a happy season this Christmas!
  • tish said:
    Hey old buddy, old pal. Glad you made it through and listened to your body! Hope you have a happy season this Christmas!
    Hey there!
    Thanks for the well wishes.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,966
     :) 
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,512
    Arms Up GIFs  Tenor
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Wow. Speedy I am so happy you are alive and handled things the right way. I had a little scare myself a few months back where I thought I was having one but actually wasn't. So you're story freaks me out but I'm really glad you are feeling better now. Rest up!
    www.myspace.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Such a harrowing experience, incomprehensible.  Your quick thinking was truly remarkable.  

Rest up, all the best to you Speedy.   
    I gotta second this. holy crap. good for you dude. glad you're ok. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Speedy is risen!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Good God man I am so happy that you are okay. Crazy indeed!!! And right around Christmas of all times!!! I am sure Kathy is taking excellent care of you, but if there's anything I can do to help do not hesitate to ask. 
    Did the Vedder ticket prices have anything to do with this?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,743
    Mamasan23 said:
    Good God man I am so happy that you are okay. Crazy indeed!!! And right around Christmas of all times!!! I am sure Kathy is taking excellent care of you, but if there's anything I can do to help do not hesitate to ask. 

who are you?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Mamasan23 said:

who are you?
    She used to post a lot a few years ago.
    www.myspace.com
    mickeyrat said:
    Mamasan23 said:

who are you?
    She used to post a lot a few years ago.
    Still owes me a plate of pierogies, too. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    edited December 2021
    tish said:
    Hey there!
    Thanks for the well wishes.

So what was the deal?  Did you have 100% blockage in only one artery or were there more?  Did you end up with a stent or angio?  Do you bypass surgery coming?

Also, did you get the cardiac cath while you were awake or an actual stent?

Glad you’re feeling better. I’ll share my story as well, not as a topper but more about how important family history is in this equation.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    mickeyrat said:
    Mamasan23 said:

who are you?
    this post just screams warmth and welcoming. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mickeyrat said:
    Mamasan23 said:

who are you?
    ....you know he was being sarcastic, right?
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,743
    mickeyrat said:
    Mamasan23 said:

who are you?

fantastic. I was hoping it would. people say I can be a little cold sometimes.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14