Options

Disney+ GET BACK (Beatles documentary in three parts)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
    I was watching episode 2 last night where Preston shows up....incredible how much energy he brought to the sessions
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,867
    A bit of anxioty now I never went and see Paul or Ringo live. My brother talks about a Paul McCartney show here in Gothenburg at Ullevi Arena a few years back. Grr.

https://youtu.be/V-BdGchS0yk
    I saw Paul McCartney a few years ago and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. He played a good mix of Beatles, Wings, and his solo stuff. If you get another chance to see him definitely go. 
  • Options
    I realised how very talented  paul is.  Musically  a genius 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    They are just amazing. This doc shows how tight they were with each other personally and musically. 

The lifespan of the Beatles was almost exactly 10 years...how they went from clubs in Hamburg to Abbey Road is just fucking amazing.

Paul/George/John were like 15-17 when they first started playing together. Just fucking blows my mind.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    A bit of anxioty now I never went and see Paul or Ringo live. My brother talks about a Paul McCartney show here in Gothenburg at Ullevi Arena a few years back. Grr.

tickets for Paul were stupid expensive, as they should be, honestly, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see him. And only slightly behind Jack White, I'd say probably the best show I've ever been to. 

best $99 to sit in the bleeds I ever spent. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Closest I ever got to seeing them was being seated next to Sir Paul and his (I think) wife at the hotel restaurant next door to us. It was one of the highlights of my and my husband’s life :)
  • Options

same here...I had a chance to see Ringo in Vegas a few years back but I think the tix were outrageous so I passed. But I also passed up seeing Paul a few times when he came near Indy.

Should have done it but I have a feeling Paul still has a few tours left in him.
    He's 79 though. If anyone would keep playing into his 80's, it's him, but it's not something to bank on. 

DEFINTILEY go see him if the chance arises. I've seen him four times over the years and he was great every time. It's as much a celebration of music as it is a concert.

I saw Michael Jordan play live a few times in the 90's and always felt "This is important to see. I'm thankful to be here for this." A Paul concert is that to the umpteenth power. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    edited November 2021
    And he needs to visit Europe, and on that tour visit Sweden. 

Who knows if he makes it her on another tour. But let's hope. 

The same with Ringo.

https://youtu.be/6frgnqTo1eM
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Good doc.

I’ve seen Paul 3 times and Ringo once.

Paul never disappoints.

Ringo and his all star band is a great show as well.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I caved. So glad I did.

I also didn’t realize that yesterday marked 20 years since we lost George. 
  • Options
    I am going to order Disney+ this weekend to watch it. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,150

same here...I had a chance to see Ringo in Vegas a few years back but I think the tix were outrageous so I passed. But I also passed up seeing Paul a few times when he came near Indy.

Should have done it but I have a feeling Paul still has a few tours left in him.
    He's 79 though. If anyone would keep playing into his 80's, it's him, but it's not something to bank on. 

DEFINTILEY go see him if the chance arises. I've seen him four times over the years and he was great every time. It's as much a celebration of music as it is a concert.

I saw Michael Jordan play live a few times in the 90's and always felt "This is important to see. I'm thankful to be here for this." A Paul concert is that to the umpteenth power. 

Yah I only got the chance to see him once, but it was pretty damn good.  If he ever tours this way again I think I'll take my mom.   I didn't realize how much she liked the Beatles until I played a few albums on a family camping trip a few years back.   She was singing along to every song....
  • Options
    Zod said:

Yah I only got the chance to see him once, but it was pretty damn good.  If he ever tours this way again I think I'll take my mom.   I didn't realize how much she liked the Beatles until I played a few albums on a family camping trip a few years back.   She was singing along to every song....
    I was surprised when I played the Pearl Jam cover of "I've got a feeling" a while back and my mom knew the song and talked about loving the Let it Be album. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    Watching Paul create ‘Get Back’ out of thin air, while George and Ringo just sit there bored / tired / hungover, is mind-blowing.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    I now can't  stop  listening  to dig a pony
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I now can't  stop  listening  to dig a pony
    That has always been one of my favorite Beatles songs.

• Options
    His writing, like himself, had a beautiful, thoughtful depth. Mixed with silliness. 

And holy hell, Paul to me is today’s Mozart. What a range in voice, too. 
  • Options
    I always thought Old Brown Shoe was great. 

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited December 2021
    I tried to get my 8-year-old son (who turns 9 today!) to watch this. He was teaching me how to play "Let It Be" on the piano, and I told him about the Disney+ show.

He said that he didn't want to watch it.

I made the point that as someone who plays music and creates his own music, he might be interested in how one of the most popular bands of all time created one of their landmark albums.

He simply replied, "I'm better that the Beatles!"

He then started playing one of his own compositions on the piano and said, "Beat that, 'Let It Be!'" Then, he played another one and said, "Beat That, 'Penny Lane!'"

Anyway, guess I'll watch this one by myself.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I tried to get my 8-year-old son (who turns 9 today!) to watch this. He was teaching me how to play "Let It Be" on the piano, and I told him about the Disney+ show.

He said that he didn't want to watch it.

I made the point that as someone who plays music and creates his own music, he might be interested in how one of the most popular bands of all time created one of their landmark albums.

He simply replied, "I'm better that the Beatles!"

He then started playing one of his own compositions on the piano and said, "Beat that 'Let It Be!'" Then, he played another one and said, "Beat That, 'Penny Lane!'"

Anyway, guess I'll watch this one by myself.
    HAHAHA
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It does make me wonder what they cut out. I am still making my way through Ep3 and the rooftop concert.

• Options
    It does make me wonder what they cut out. I am still making my way through Ep3 and the rooftop concert.
    The complete tapes are leaked, are they not? I know they cut Yoko Ono being a part of some conversations.
  • Options
    The complete tapes are leaked, are they not? I know they cut Yoko Ono being a part of some conversations.
    probably....I read something this morning that said the Beatles organization asked for some stuff to be cut. Not sure what that would have been.

• Options
    probably....I read something this morning that said the Beatles organization asked for some stuff to be cut. Not sure what that would have been.
    yoko yodeling. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    yoko yodeling. 
    Peter has said that Ringo and Paul didn't have any corrections. And George son I saw in an interview said he didn't have anything. 

I doubt Yoko would have anything, if it was not John being wasted on heroin or something?

Maybe the Beatles organization in this is removed from the members and there were other reasons for asking for things to be cut?
  • Options
    yoko yodeling. 
    Peter has said that Ringo and Paul didn't have any corrections. And George son I saw in an interview said he didn't have anything. 

I doubt Yoko would have anything, if it was not John being wasted on heroin or something?

Maybe the Beatles organization in this is removed from the members and there were other reasons for asking for things to be cut?
    I've had the complete tapes for years. There's nothing of interest (dialogue-wise) that was left out. I personally would've liked a few more musical moments. "Besame Mucho" appears in the Let It Be movie, but wasn't here. I would've liked it in higher quality. Also would've liked a few more rehearsals of "One After 909," my favorite tune from those sessions. They only show one quick jam of it before the rooftop performance. I guess Peter Jackson's rationale is that since it was an old tune, they already knew it, so he focused on more "in progress" song creations like Get Back, Dig a Pony, etc. And speaking of Get Back, they didn't include Paul's fun German version! There's actually a version where he sings in German on the bootlegs, and I would've loved a snippet of that (even if only the audio) in the film. 

You're right about corrections. According to Peter Jackson, both Ringo and Paul gave him no notes. In fact, Jackson said their only demand was that it NOT be censored, as Disney originally wanted to bleep curse words and not show footage of them smoking cigarettes. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    yoko yodeling. 

You're right about corrections. According to Peter Jackson, both Ringo and Paul gave him no notes. In fact, Jackson said their only demand was that it NOT be censored, as Disney originally wanted to bleep curse words and not show footage of them smoking cigarettes
    If they were to have removed footage of them smoking, there wouldn’t have been much to watch. 

“Let’s have a ciggy…”
  • Options
    I ended up skipping to the third ep…hoo boy! The first half-hour was just so warm and pure — and happy.

Then that show! To know I once stood in front of that building and just imagined :) And man, their chemistry, and how they knew each other so intimately, yet still genuinely open to the others’ creativity.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    I ended up skipping to the third ep…hoo boy! The first half-hour was just so warm and pure — and happy.

Then that show! To know I once stood in front of that building and just imagined :) And man, their chemistry, and how they knew each other so intimately, yet still genuinely open to the others’ creativity.
    I would like to visit there someday