Options

PJ Tattoos?

Comments

• Options
    Well I'm not stickman skinny...

Off there now, photo to follow...
  • Options
    VixenVixen Posts: 70
    My PJ tatt is my avatar..i had never seen anyone else with the same tattoo until i was looking on Demitris facebook at the album with PJ tatts :cry: absolutely devastated!! lifes a bitch though right?!!! siiigh :roll:
  • Options
    Got there and they were over-running so been re-scheduled for Friday with a discount.

So two more days of the arm/leg debate...
  • Options
    HollybokHollybok Posts: 27
    Got there and they were over-running so been re-scheduled for Friday with a discount.

What part of the arm/leg were you thinking of getting it? I got my stickman over 10 years ago as my first ever tattoo when I was 16, knew even then that I'd be a fan for life and still love it. It's on the base of my back but is a little faded now.

This thread has made me want to expand my PJ tattoo collection!
    And he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    mrs_vedder wrote:
    I had this done today.

tattoo006-1.jpg

Oh my God, you totally beat me to it! I have a butterfly tattoo on my wrist and have booked in to have those exact words done underneath. And I thought I was being original... :(

Still gonna get it though, my butterfly is very different. Maybe we can meet up at a show and compare?!
  • Options
    Hollybok wrote:

What part of the arm/leg were you thinking of getting it? I got my stickman over 10 years ago as my first ever tattoo when I was 16, knew even then that I'd be a fan for life and still love it. It's on the base of my back but is a little faded now.

Looking at the top of my left arm, or on my left calf. Will be bigger on my calf, but how often do we get weather to wear shorts and show it off in the UK...
  • Options
    Hollybok wrote:

Looking at the top of my left arm, or on my left calf. Will be bigger on my calf, but how often do we get weather to wear shorts and show it off in the UK...

I hear you! My tattoo only seems to get an airing when I'm on holiday now. Go for your arm, you can check it out more often. Where you getting it done? Central London?
  • Options
    Hollybok wrote:
    Hollybok wrote:

I hear you! My tattoo only seems to get an airing when I'm on holiday now. Go for your arm, you can check it out more often. Where you getting it done? Central London?

That's my current thinking!

Getting it done in Romford, there's a really good place near where I live - and I'm stuck working at home tomorrow and Friday due to the train strike so may as well make use of that!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Vixen wrote:
    My PJ tatt is my avatar..i had never seen anyone else with the same tattoo until i was looking on Demitris facebook at the album with PJ tatts :cry: absolutely devastated!! lifes a bitch though right?!!! siiigh :roll:
    ;)
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 1154506885
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    It's done! Had to have it on my calf as it would have been too small on my arm. Will get a picture up once it's calmed down a bit and I can take the wrap off
  • Options
    Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    2009-07-29%2011.33.00.jpg
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    Actually having it done tonight now - normally you have to book the place I use way in advance, so went in last night to book for Saturday morning and they said they could do it tonight instead.

Still can't decide between leg and arm...

i have a 6 inch stickman on the upper right side of my back. i've had it for a while now and still love it. it's a good location. i'd go with the arm over the leg, but then again i don't know what your body is like or how 'skinny' you actually are. i think a tat on a skinny arm would be a bit better than a tat on a skinny leg (unless your arms are really like sticks), especially with the way the stickman tends to sprawl out on those parts of the body, unless you plan on getting a really small one.

I have my stickman (although it's only about 5") in the same place... highly recommmended :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    2009-07-29%2011.33.00.jpg

Two BIG thumbs up! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    img1998.jpg

Here we go
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Having the Stickman on my leg this Saturday. Would really like to have got it on my arm but I'm a skinny so and so, so it will have to be the leg.

Looked at loads of designs and kept coming back to that. Though if I could find a hi-res image of the winged logo at the top of the forum then I may be tempted with that.

Don't know if this is high-res enough but ...

4076.jpg

*Thinks of having this at bottom of back*
    beautiful that will be!! ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    img1998.jpg

Here we go
    super!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    pjrainloverpjrainlover Posts: 105
    I've seen umpteen hundred "stick man" tats. Have fun if you want to be a dime a dozen. Why not try for something original?

i've seen a lot, too, but i've had mine since 1998, so i don't feel that bad about it. : )
    “Going to a Pearl Jam concert is like going to church for a lot of fans. There is a synergy with Pearl Jam for fans.”

"Everyone should have at least one passion in life, and they should pursue it with all their might. My passion is music by Pearl Jam."

"If music doesn’t lift up your soul, if it doesn’t make you grateful that you’re alive, then you probably aren’t alive."

• Options
    pjrainloverpjrainlover Posts: 105
    Switch wrote:
    Does anybody have any PJ tattoos they want to share? I'm getting my first one soon (Alive Stickman on upper right arm), followed probably by the text off the scarab beetle on my upper left arm, 'Given To Fly ___ ..' across my back (Possibly with wings) and the hands off the cover off Ten Coming out my ankle, either up the side or up the back.

Also might get the inscriptions: I Am Mine; You think i got my eyes closed, i'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time; Throw Them In, All God's Dice (With image maybe), I will be there once more (With a wave) and probably a shit load more i'm contemplating :)

I want a lot of PJ inks :)

i have the stickman, the cover of the eddie vedder tour program (where he's crouching down with his arms up), the initials EV, and the lyric "it's an art to live with pain". i need to post the picture, because i have my entire back done. good luck!! : )
    “Going to a Pearl Jam concert is like going to church for a lot of fans. There is a synergy with Pearl Jam for fans.”

"Everyone should have at least one passion in life, and they should pursue it with all their might. My passion is music by Pearl Jam."

"If music doesn’t lift up your soul, if it doesn’t make you grateful that you’re alive, then you probably aren’t alive."

• Options
    Switch wrote:
    Does anybody have any PJ tattoos they want to share? I'm getting my first one soon (Alive Stickman on upper right arm), followed probably by the text off the scarab beetle on my upper left arm, 'Given To Fly ___ ..' across my back (Possibly with wings) and the hands off the cover off Ten Coming out my ankle, either up the side or up the back.

Also might get the inscriptions: I Am Mine; You think i got my eyes closed, i'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time; Throw Them In, All God's Dice (With image maybe), I will be there once more (With a wave) and probably a shit load more i'm contemplating :)

I want a lot of PJ inks :)

i have the stickman, the cover of the eddie vedder tour program (where he's crouching down with his arms up), the initials EV, and the lyric "it's an art to live with pain". i need to post the picture, because i have my entire back done. good luck!! : )
    you have the best tattoo ever pjrainlover ..its just ..the BEST!!!!!!! ;)
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:

How can this thread have so few pictures? "I've got this; I've got that." C'mon!! Pictures!!
    :mrgreen:

01-05-12-1.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    imalive wrote:

How can this thread have so few pictures? "I've got this; I've got that." C'mon!! Pictures!!
    :mrgreen:

01-05-12-1.jpg
    whoooooooooohhh...awesome
  • Options
    1438469062_l.jpg
  • Options
    Ana´s Mom wrote:
    1438469062_l.jpg
    :o ...amazing..
  • Options
    mrs_veddermrs_vedder Posts: 131
    Hollybok wrote:
    mrs_vedder wrote:
    I had this done today.

tattoo006-1.jpg

Oh my God, you totally beat me to it! I have a butterfly tattoo on my wrist and have booked in to have those exact words done underneath. And I thought I was being original... :(

Still gonna get it though, my butterfly is very different. Maybe we can meet up at a show and compare?!

Haha, great minds think alike!! Are you going to Shepherds Bush and/or O2?
  • Options
    img1998.jpg

Here we go

Best Stickman I've ever seen! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    jb7049jb7049 Posts: 75
    I have the circled crown on the back of my left tricep from the Live at the Garden Dvd.
    Saratoga, NY 8.27.00, Boston, MA 9.29.04, Denver, CO 7.2.06 (with Tom Petty), The Spectrum 10.30.09, The Spectrum 10.31.09, Buffalo, NY 5.10.10, Newark, NJ 5.18.10, New York, NY 6.21.11 (EV Solo), Toronto, ON 9.11.11 (Neil Young Appearance!), Hamilton, ON 9.15.11, Fenway Park 8.5.16
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    I have the stickman tattooed inbetween my shoulderblades, with the lyrics "saw things clearer once you were in my rearviewmirror" in a circle around it. I was able to find Jeff's hand writing from the TOTD album online and its done in that style.
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    img1998.jpg

Here we go

Best Stickman I've ever seen! :mrgreen:

Thanks man!
  • Options
    Jalf991Jalf991 Posts: 35
    I got my first Tattoo yesterday, Here it is picture3u.png
    I couldnt be happier with it.
  • Options
    Jalf991 wrote:
    I got my first Tattoo yesterday, Here it is picture3u.png
    I couldnt be happier with it.

Looks good!! What's the "story" behind it?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16