Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    EvergreenEvergreen Posts: 492
    I have a PJ inspired one...

I'll have to get a new pic...the one in the facebook album is on the same day it was done. ewww...

Its the last one...obvious from the lyrics, but it is the coast of Big Sur. EV solo logo was added in the waves.

Lots of color. I love it and wish I could see it all the time. It was my fifth piece of art, and so far the best.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=61664&id=713681972
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,248
    Picture0005.jpg

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    just got my first one and would like to share it with y'all...

how the heck do I attach an image to this post???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,560
    Bird889 wrote:
    just got my first one and would like to share it with y'all...

how the heck do I attach an image to this post???
    imalive wrote:
    Hollybok wrote:
    Can anyone tell me how I can get a picture on here though? I haven't got pics of the tattoo online but noticed others were able to post the picture itself in?

A lot of us use photobucket, flickr, imageshack or something similar. If you can post your pictures anywhere on line, you can post the URL and hit the "Img" button above. If you hit "quote" on a post with a picture, you'll see how anyone did it. Get 'em posted! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    got this one a few weeks ago (check out my profile picture)-- i coach soccer, thus the soccer ball added and the slightly bent right leg.

also got "everything" in the same "font" as the black 2009 shirt on my lower leg -- an interesting time getting that transferred from shirt to mock up. once i get it posted somewhere, i'll add it, too. it was a last minute decision on the same day as the stickman/soccer ball, but i think it may be my favorite.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,383

I'll have to get a new pic...the one in the facebook album is on the same day it was done. ewww...

Its the last one...obvious from the lyrics, but it is the coast of Big Sur. EV solo logo was added in the waves.

Lots of color. I love it and wish I could see it all the time. It was my fifth piece of art, and so far the best.
    i want that in my album.. :)
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 1154506885
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

i want that in my album.. :)
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 1154506885

Thanks! I JUST noticed that my PJ one was not in that album. lol!

Anyway here it is. I need a new picture, though. This picture was from right after it was done...eeeewwww. I have two PJ related BTW.
    DSCN0134.jpg
    DSCN0138.jpg
  • Options
    well i WANTED a stickman on my calf, but my friend got it when i got another tattoo, so I dont really want to get the same thing as him, so now im looking again, completely clueless. i have about 5 tattoos planned before this one so I guess i got a while to find something good
    In July 2007 Densmore said that he would not rejoin The Doors unless it was fronted by Eddie Vedder. Densmore says, "I play with Jim. If there's someone of that level, OK. I'm not gonna join them with Ian. That's not to diss Ian, he's a good singer - but he's no Jim Morrison. Eddie Vedder? My God, there's a singer."
  • Options
    Hi, I'm fully sleeved woman with Pearl Jam tribute (see right) on inner left arm. It was June 9th, 2009, and I was so happy to meet Ed in Albany NY at the 2nd night of his solo tour so far this year. I showed Eddie this tat & he thought it was beautiful! It's an original design in which I drew a jam jar filled with pearls which spill out; around the jar are flowers symbolic for all band members Mike Jeff Matt Stone & Boom, with EV initials on lid of jar as he's had them written on his solo tour playbill (i made it to Boston, NYC, Newark in 2008 so had previous playbill for my spectacular tattooist to reference). The tatttoo is my "buried treasure" as it is on my inner right arm, the rest of which is covered with imagery from above & below the ocean. These include an incredible crystal moon jellyfish of which, on the night of the show after Ed & I shook hands, he began to ramble about seeing a jellyfish that day ( I know I heard jellyfish, and I was in the 3rd row LC). An incredible encounter and another way in which our PJ tattoos are influencial! If interested, see my tattooist at http://www.myspace.com/qtattoo. A shop named Twisted Ink out of a small town of Cobleskill in Upstate NY, and the very talented tattooist is Pat Cohen. Any idea this man works out for you is truely tattoo art. I'll try to add better photo soon!
    To all my great experiences, from the start Pearl Jam music/shows and becoming sleeved, I stand taller every day.
  • Options
    I have always loved the DC 2006 poster so I decided to get it on my inside forearm. I get it colored in in 2 days. Ink was done by Slim at Lucky 13 tattoo off Hollywood Blvd. You can see a small picture to the right. I will upload better pictures when it is colored in.
  • Options
    danicadanica Posts: 14
    hi. this is my first time posting, though i have been a member for nine years. geez - what's wrong with me.
    i got a given to fly tattoo (below) about 5 years ago and i am currently working on ideas for another tattoo before the end of the year. i have several ideas, so choosing is the hardest part.

g2f.jpg

-danica
  • Options
    igotpjigotpj Posts: 187
    Flo wrote:
    some fantastic tattoos on this thread!

I do love your stickman over the waves, blueoceans, but yes he does look like he's lost his board, bless him :)

I think my favourite from the whole thread (and it was hard to choose!!) is wagm's rendition of Ed's yoga pose against a setting (or rising?) sun - stunning!

I've finally joined your ranks today, not the ranks of the tattooed as I got my first a frightening 25 years ago (I'm so oooooollllddddd!!!), but the ranks of the PJ tattooed.

I've been toying with the idea of getting the iconic stickman for years, pretty much since it went from being just another piece of record sleeve artwork to universally synonymous with the band.

I've put it off for ages though, because I got a band-related logo tattooed on me at age 17 and although I wouldn't say I regret it, as it holds happy memories of that time, I did out-grow that particular band (Hawkwind), and was therefore reluctant to have another band related tat....

but PJ have been a huge part of my life now for 17 odd years, the chance of me 'out-growing' them is slim to none :) and even if I did (unthinkable), the words from Present Tense would always mean so much to me. That song saved if not my life, my sanity and my happiness, and I try always to keep its message close to my heart (or now - close to my foot! lol)

so I went for it this morning - and I LOVE IT!!!!

And yes, guys, I know it's not "different" and "unique", but it's about community and respect to the band that held me up through hard times, and gave me the permission to be happy, and it's about the fact that I, for the first time in my life, feel truly alive. If there are any youngsters out there struggling, trust me, life really does begin at 40!

pics in here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... a4404dddc1

I'll put a better pic in there once it's healed up a bit

Sarah

Flo I am really liking the stickman with the PT lyric. However the thing that is rockin my world is your Haida tattoo. My god that thing is beautiful. I have wanted one for years. NIce job !!!!
    Charlotte(10-4-96)
    Raleigh(8-31-98)
    Greensboro(8-6-00)
    Raleigh(4-15-03), Las Vegas(6-6-03)
    Boston(9-28-04),Toledo(10-2-04),Asheville(10-6-04)
    Pittsburgh(6-24-06)
    Columbia (6-16-08)
    Austin (10-4-09), Philadelphia (10-28-09, 10-30-09, 10-31-09)
  • Options
    TheSkyEtcTheSkyEtc Athens, GR Posts: 65
    I always thought the phrase "i'll rise and fall let me take credit for both"
    was a good one for a tattoo . .
    other thoughts

Given To Fly with a wave or sth

hail hail the lucky ones

you could also tattoo the Yellow Ledbetter nonsense mumbling.
    that would be original.
    A whisper through a megaphone
  • Options
    i'm currently looking to get my first PJ tattoo. Given to fly speaks to me in ways that will never change as long as i live, and its a great reminder that i was put on this earth to fly. I'm looking for a picture of the way Ed wrote Given to Fly. it was in capitals with a line and two dots at the end? i need it to take to the tattoo artist and i cant find it ANYWHERE. does anyone have a copy they could upload or possibly send to me? or know of a link where i could find it? it would be much appreciated..
  • Options
    i'm currently looking to get my first PJ tattoo. Given to fly speaks to me in ways that will never change as long as i live, and its a great reminder that i was put on this earth to fly. I'm looking for a picture of the way Ed wrote Given to Fly. it was in capitals with a line and two dots at the end? i need it to take to the tattoo artist and i cant find it ANYWHERE. does anyone have a copy they could upload or possibly send to me? or know of a link where i could find it? it would be much appreciated..

go back a page, save the picture of Danica's neck and enlarge the picture. Oughtta be good enough for what you need.

if not that, check out http://www.tattooedeverything.com/

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Last week i got a new pj tat

supersonic2.jpg

supersonic1.jpg

-danica.
  • Options
    danica wrote:
    Last week i got a new pj tat

supersonic2.jpg

supersonic1.jpg

-danica.

Youch!!!! :o I heard the foot is one of the more painful areas.

It looks good! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

Youch!!!! :o I heard the foot is one of the more painful areas.

It looks good! :mrgreen:

it absolutely did hurt. i have 13 tattoos and i've never complained about any pain until this one. holy mother of christ it was intense. however, it has been painfree in the healing process even while wearing shoes!

-danica.
  • Options
    darthdarth Houston, TX Posts: 139
    I have the stickman on my left shoulder and the don't give up circles on my calf.....if you want the stickman get it. Who cares what anyone thinks
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • Options
    PineappleAnaPineappleAna Posts: 255
    edited October 2009
    I've got the stickman on my ankle and this on my back:
    2844012166_b8db72dd36.jpg

I'm considering some lyrics but there are so many to choose from.
    Post edited by PineappleAna on
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    how about "miss me?"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,383

wow!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i have the criss-crossed surfboards on my right forearm, and people tell me it looks like a celtic cross design. they don't even see the "pearl jam" lettering until i point it out to them.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    oceans18oceans18 Posts: 154
    edited December 2009
    delete
    Post edited by oceans18 on
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    *the in between is mine*
  • Options
    gorga14gorga14 Posts: 103
    ry%3D400

The tattoo artist missed 2 notes. getting fixed this week
  • Options
    i have the criss-crossed surfboards on my right forearm, and people tell me it looks like a celtic cross design. they don't even see the "pearl jam" lettering until i point it out to them.

Do you have a picture? I thinking about the surfboards myself.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Dave TDave T Posts: 7
    I got my Alive stick man tat in 93. It's a very popular tattoo. It's a good feeling looking around at the shows or laying on the beach, and you see someone with the same PJ tat. You feel like you are part of a bigger club of PJ fans. Also, it is a great reminder of a part of my life. Plus the Stick Man looks BAD ASS!

On the other hand, tattoos are forever yours...If I knew that so many fans would get the Stick Man, I probibly would have chosen a different tat. Now, I love the Surfboard Cross tat.

Words and music are the reason I love PJ. Maybe try and create your own image from the words and music. The way you would picture, Amonst the Waves. Have a tat artist draw an image of a lonley surfer,(you) "high amonst the ways", and have a whole surfing tat from your elbow to your shoulder. Use color. Not only would that be original, but you know what that tat means to you and you can keep it for yourself.

Good luck,

ALSO, DO AS MUCH RESEARCH ON THE TAT ARTIST AS POSSIBLE. ASK AROUND AND LOOK AT THE WORK THEY HAVE DONE. I WOULD RATHER PAY MORE MONEY TO GET THE JOB DONE THE WAY I WANT IT. REMEMBER IT'S FOREVER. :thumbup:
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363

Personally, I would never tattoo myself with a band's logo (not even PJ's) but absolutely love this one! It's PJ without being definable PJ. Love it!! :D