PJ Tattoos?

Comments

• Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    Thanks OK, nice of you to say!
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    I'm looking to celebrate being 5 years cancer free with my first tattoo--something PJ related. Having just moved here, and being a tatt virgin I have no idea where is a good place to go here in town. Might anyone have any suggestions? As for the tatt itself, I'm thinking of some sort of stick figure because I always associate that with the "Alive" single. Any other cool ideas would be more than welcome! Thanks!
  • Options
    to each his own...no matter how many million are out there, i've wanted it since i saw it...everyone knows alot off ppl love that logo, it was our first "glimpse" of PJ in my opinion....i'm finally getting mine, holding up the world with "Given to Fly" underneath and Eddie's autograph somewheres. you can make it your own, doesn't also mean it won't be the first of many PJ tat's to come! right? lol ;)
    "If you love somebody...tell them. Tell them today, tell them tomorrow, tell them every day in case it's the last time you ever get to speak to them."--EV, Summerfest 6/29/06

"I don't want to tell what the song is about because a lot of these lyrics have been open to interpretation and people have taken them on... they've become part owners..." -EV
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    edited June 2009
    Post edited by phillyfan on
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Rebeccas_PJ_ape_tattoo.jpg

Also got the No Code square/circle/triangle.
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    I don't have it yet, but I will be getting one of the "Klaussen dragons" from the Toronto 06 poster (night 2). I think it's pretty sweet.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    I've seen umpteen hundred "stick man" tats. Have fun if you want to be a dime a dozen. Why not try for something original?
    What's up with every time someone starts a thread about tattoos, the Stickman tattoo catches hell. I got a Stickman tattoo on my right arm in 1994 when I was in college. Last year before PJ played Columbia, I went and got another Stickman on my left arm....I like being a dime a dozen. ;)
  • Options
    STT757STT757 Posts: 302
    Dave Abbruzzese has the first Pearl Jam tattoo.
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    pjsyco wrote:
    I've seen umpteen hundred "stick man" tats. Have fun if you want to be a dime a dozen. Why not try for something original?
    What's up with every time someone starts a thread about tattoos, the Stickman tattoo catches hell. I got a Stickman tattoo on my right arm in 1994 when I was in college. Last year before PJ played Columbia, I went and got another Stickman on my left arm....I like being a dime a dozen. ;)

now you're TWO dimes!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    pjsyco wrote:

now you're TWO dimes!

Never thought about it like that, but I guess you're right. :lol:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    wagmwagm Posts: 40
    This is the one I got a couple days ago. Probably difficult to see.
    My first!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Cool tat,

Here's mine, I got it 3 weeks ago.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... Id=2471448
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    nice one drum machine!
  • Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    Switch wrote:

Because i've wanted the stickman since i was 12. I've waited 6 years, and i still want it. Plus, no one around here has even heard of Pearl Jam.

That's like saying "Geez, everyone has Ten by Pearl Jam, why not buy something else?"

agreed 100%. if the stickman is meaningful to you, it doesn't matter who else has one.
    i've got it on my upper back and it's the first tattoo i ever got. the reason? it was the only design i ever had in mind when i thought about getting a tattoo for the ten years before i finally pulled the trigger and had it done.

don't mind the haters, tattoos are a personal expression and all that matters is that what you're getting is meaningful to you, whether you're the only one in the world, or one of a million with the same design.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    oh, and my stickman is on tattooedeverything.com under azdrummerboy

by the way, 'dime a dozen' or not, i was at a resort here in phoenix this past weekend with my son for father's day. so i'm at the pool, shirt off and he and i get in the hot tub and this kid says 'is that the pearl jam stickman on your back' and i said yes and he says 'my cousin is the singer'. i asked him his name and when he told me, i laughed because i had met him a few years ago when he was with his dad (ed's uncle), something he remembered when i jogged his memory. that meeting with his uncle got me to a situation where i was able to meet ed, truly the highlight of my pearl jam existence.

my point is that the stickman tattoo is what the kid recognized, something that's happened to me plenty of times and it's led to my making new friends, meeting other fans, etc... oh, and by the way, when i did meet ed??? i showed him my 'dime a dozen' stickman tattoo... he put his hand on his heart and then opened his arms wide and hugged me. as one of my personal musical heroes, that did not suck. and again, it was that generic ol' stickman that triggered the reaction in ed.

ok, i'm done now. haha
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    Laf9124 wrote:
    I'm looking to celebrate being 5 years cancer free with my first tattoo--something PJ related. Having just moved here, and being a tatt virgin I have no idea where is a good place to go here in town. Might anyone have any suggestions? As for the tatt itself, I'm thinking of some sort of stick figure because I always associate that with the "Alive" single. Any other cool ideas would be more than welcome! Thanks!

my favorite lyrics from pearl jam are from down...

"won't let the light escape from me....
    won't let the darkness swallow me..."

that may or may not mean something to you as a cancer survivor, but you may have faced some dark times and i think those words are truly words to live by... maybe wrapping that around the stickman or something?
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    I got Binaural a couple weeks ago... not a great pic but... 6th PJ tattoo overall
    Also have The Mars Volta
    Getting 8th and last one for awhile at end of August... Mastodon's Leviathan Album Cover

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13033394@N02/3608642181/
  • Options
    wagm wrote:
    This is the one I got a couple days ago. Probably difficult to see.
    My first!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    great!!!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Deadman wrote:
    I got Binaural a couple weeks ago... not a great pic but... 6th PJ tattoo overall
    Also have The Mars Volta
    Getting 8th and last one for awhile at end of August... Mastodon's Leviathan Album Cover

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13033394@N02/3608642181/

That Binaural one is SWEET!!!! I have Binaural on my leg (thought I was the only one) with Pearl Jam in fire below it. I like yours better though. It is my first and last tattoo thought as I had a really bad allergic reaction to it and ended up in the hospital and on steroids for 8 months.
  • Options
    Calum wrote:
    nice one drum machine!

Thanks a lot man,
    I've now had it for 4 weeks now and it seems to be healing very nicely.
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    good hear dude.. they do take a while to fully heal and be like normal skin again.. I have some shading/colour to add to my new pin up girl one in coming weeks ! :P pain!
  • Options
    Calum wrote:
    good hear dude.. they do take a while to fully heal and be like normal skin again.. I have some shading/colour to add to my new pin up girl one in coming weeks ! :P pain!

Ha, Ha cool, sounds good.

Yeah I crave for the pain again! lol.
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
    I have "Hard to imagine" tattooed on my foot....

I also have 'I am mine' incorporrated in a full back/rib piece .....30 hours of tattooing bliss :P
  • Options
    SarahLou wrote:
    I have "Hard to imagine" tattooed on my foot....

I also have 'I am mine' incorporrated in a full back/rib piece .....30 hours of tattooing bliss :P
    and where is the foto please? ;)
  • Options
    30hrs !! damn!

I am going to be having a break once my pin up girl is finished...
  • Options
    I wonder how long a full back/rib piece would take to remove if PJ makes her mad and she loses the love... :D
  • Options
    I wonder how long a full back/rib piece would take to remove if PJ makes her mad and she loses the love... :D
    Do what?,,this isnt a key chain to lose it...
  • Options
    SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175

this is why i waited a few years till i finally got it...its there for life now!!

it took about a year to complete, 3/4 hours sessions at a time....i don't have any pic of it actually, cause it goes round so far and also down so far thats its hard to get a proper full pictures, lots of picture of it at the top!
  • Options
    SarahLou wrote:

this is why i waited a few years till i finally got it...its there for life now!!

it took about a year to complete, 3/4 hours sessions at a time....i don't have any pic of it actually, cause it goes round so far and also down so far thats its hard to get a proper full pictures, lots of picture of it at the top!
    we will wait...