PJ Tattoos?

Comments

• Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    thats a nice one Andy
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Mine's over there on the right aswell :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    we are lucky , as PJ has some many cool logos & poster art.. good bless Klausen & Ames :)

PJ tattoos look great, cannot wait to have mine done! Should look good once all healed up in time for Albany 8-)
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    My second PJ tattoo is to the right.... Dumbgun has only done a few PJ related posters and the one for the CCFA/Wishlst Foundation Hawaii is definetaley in my Top 5 posters for PJ
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    My second PJ tattoo is to the right.... Dumbgun has only done a few PJ related posters and the one for the CCFA/Wishlst Foundation Hawaii is definetaley in my Top 5 posters for PJ

thats really cool one too 8-)
  • Options
    vedhead19vedhead19 Posts: 89
    I've seen umpteen hundred "stick man" tats. Have fun if you want to be a dime a dozen. Why not try for something original?

Dont get a tattoo just to be original. Just get something that has personal significance and that you are happy with. I have the stickman on my leg. I know there are a lot of people with the same tattoo but other than at PJ concerts, I have only ran into maybe 5 people with the tattoo. So its not like you'll be seeing stickman tats every where you go.

I couldn't agree more. Get what you want, after all it is your body. Who gives a shit who has what or who thinks what. The world is full of haters trying to bring people down. I got the stickman on my left calf last summer when I traveled to Columbia to see PJ. It still gets a "kick-ass" out of me everytime I look at it. And if someone sees it and doesn't like it, well I guess its a good thing it isn't on their body! :mrgreen:
    are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?

can't escape from the common rule if you hate something, don't you do it too

• Options
    Co RivalCo Rival Posts: 49
    you can see mine in the avatar.
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007 Dusseldorf, Germany - Copenhagen, Denmark - Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Rotterdam, Netherlands
    2010 Nijmegen, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
    2011 East Troy 1 & 2, Wisconsin
    2012 Amsterdam 2, Netherlands
    2014 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
  • Options
    I have a few in mind..... one is MARY on my chest in pretty big letters and then under it "That which you fear the most, could meet you half way..." in smaller letters Try to get people's attention if I am walking around with a girl named Betty Sue or Thelma Lou.... They will have to ask and I will then give them a great gift by telling them to listen to Pearl Jam....
    Also, I was reading on another topic and somebody said they were gonna get a bending tree tattoo like from Present Tense tree bending to reach the sun's rays....so i am too with "A Lesson to be Applied" under it....
    Also, maybe some Black lyrics.....
    A friend of mine died so I am getting like his initials and "Whereever you've gone, wherever we might go, it don't seem fair, you seemed to like it here, your light's ....... or maybe bits and pieces of that rather lenghty section....
    and I have a whole list of them written down but I can't find the list right now...
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    I've been contemplating my 2nd Pearl Jam tattoo for years now....would love to get one on my wrist but just don't know...I guess I could cover it with a watch or bracelet on those "professional days." soooo tempting...

you guys have posted a lot of really cool tattoos--nice work :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    mine is done.. just healing.. its so so sore :(
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Calum wrote:

Whimp :lol:

Where abouts did you get it done.

Will post pics of mine when I get the chance, have had it for a couple of years now and never taken a pic of it :oops:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    P.J.LukinP.J.Lukin Posts: 4
    I am very proud to share the stickman tattoo with "hundreds of others." When I run into others who have them I feel an instant sense of community from it. So what if a lot of people have it? It's not like the millions who have chinese symbols that they can't even translate or a tribal around their arm. Those people are suspect to lack of originality and conformist personalities. Obviously those who have gotten the stickman do it in tribute to the band that saved their lives. Or maybe they are just doing it because it looks "cool." I did it for the former and my stickman, strategically placed on the inside of my right calf with the word"Alive" written under it, is not only a tribute to the band but also a personal thank you to Eddie's words of that very song. See, I was a 13 year old boy home alone without the knowledge of my father's influence. It was a tough and confusing time in my life but those words opened the doors to a world of expression and awareness that I am eternally grateful for. We are not alone in our struggles and when I see the stickman on another it helps me remember that. Perhaps you should take that judgemental nonsense over to the Buckcherry or Nickelback sites where you'll be greeted with a whole of of "Dude!" and "you rock brother!" Maybe over there you won't be so easily challenged and systemaitcally picked apart of your shallow and fruitless comments.
    I only run when I want to and I sleep like a dog...driftin' driftin' along
  • Options
    I've got the surf board logo with a sunset inside of it.

I want to get these lyrics next, but i am not artistic, so if anyone has any ideas:

"Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

I was thinking typewriter font, but I am not sold yet.
    Hey brother.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    P.J.Lukin wrote:
    I am very proud to share the stickman tattoo with "hundreds of others." When I run into others who have them I feel an instant sense of community from it. So what if a lot of people have it? It's not like the millions who have chinese symbols that they can't even translate or a tribal around their arm. Those people are suspect to lack of originality and conformist personalities. Obviously those who have gotten the stickman do it in tribute to the band that saved their lives. Or maybe they are just doing it because it looks "cool." I did it for the former and my stickman, strategically placed on the inside of my right calf with the word"Alive" written under it, is not only a tribute to the band but also a personal thank you to Eddie's words of that very song. See, I was a 13 year old boy home alone without the knowledge of my father's influence. It was a tough and confusing time in my life but those words opened the doors to a world of expression and awareness that I am eternally grateful for. We are not alone in our struggles and when I see the stickman on another it helps me remember that. Perhaps you should take that judgemental nonsense over to the Buckcherry or Nickelback sites where you'll be greeted with a whole of of "Dude!" and "you rock brother!" Maybe over there you won't be so easily challenged and systemaitcally picked apart of your shallow and fruitless comments.

I've got the Stickman on my right shoulder blade - it's pretty big, too. I feel the same way as you do about it. No, it may not be the most 'original', but that's kind of the point, right? I love when people stop me and point to their stickman tattoos - it's like you have an instant connection and as though you're part of the same 'brother/sisterhood'. I mean, look at Deadheads and their bears - it's the same idea here. I wanted it for about 10 years before I finally got it and I'm kinda mad that I waited that long to do it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Calum wrote:
    Calum? Pic? Don't make us wait...
  • Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Calum wrote:
    Calum? Pic? Don't make us wait...

Calum! I want to see what you got!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    http://www.tattooedeverything.com/images/eddiesmuse.jpg
    Got mine last year, my first, and I love it, in Eddie's handwriting, from the lyrics posted on 10c page.
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    I have the cover art from Binaural on my leg with the words "Pearl Jam" in fire below it. The fire part was a cool thing I found on the net that a fan had done.
  • Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 674
    I have 2 pj tats myself. My first was the ticket stub from my first pj show (6/19/95 beetle logo) on the inside of my right ankle. Got that one in '97 or '98. And the second one I have on my left calf and it's "3 crooked hearts with swirls all around" with my grandparents initials above and below because I miss them already. Got that one in '00. Now what to do for the third...
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    EddiesMuse wrote:
    Got mine last year, my first, and I love it, in Eddie's handwriting, from the lyrics posted on 10c page.
    Love it! I love that song! ;)
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    funnygirl wrote:
    EddiesMuse wrote:
    Love it! I love that song! ;)

Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    OK don't forget it is still healing, and pretty sore when photo was taken, so it will improve :)

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3066/001.jpg

its from the camden klausen poster, its on the inside of my left leg
  • Options
    Calum wrote:
    OK don't forget it is still healing, and pretty sore when photo was taken, so it will improve :)

Calum! This is Fucking awesome! I love it! It came out great! :D
  • Options
    thank you FG :D It's the most painful tattoo I have ever had lol, been 6 days and still aching but its not far from being healed! YEH!
  • Options
    Calum wrote:
    thank you FG :D It's the most painful tattoo I have ever had lol, been 6 days and still aching but its not far from being healed! YEH!

nice!!! i like it...and all this tattoo talk is making me itch for another---who wants to spot me the cash so i can get it?? :D

• Options
    funnygirl wrote:

Don't you love it when a woman is to the point and doesn't play you around :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:

PG2010... So you got anything in mind? Yeah i agree when you see tattoos, you get to thinking about your potential ones too :) Thanks for your words ;)
  • Options
    Calum wrote:
    funnygirl wrote:

Don't you love it when a woman is to the point and doesn't play you around :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:

PG2010... So you got anything in mind? Yeah i agree when you see tattoos, you get to thinking about your potential ones too :) Thanks for your words ;)

I've been toying with some lyrics for awhile now... i am mine or i'll ride the wave where it takes me...i just need to decide where (wrist? foot? side?) so clearly i still have some deciding to do!

• Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I designed one for myself about a month ago.... But I'm not sure I'll do it. I love PJ and all...but not sure I have it in me to get them in my skin. I already have 2 tattoos but they are my own thing.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    PG2010, lyrics are a good idea, I have some writing on my leg also (not pj related) but I think text does look good, as you can get a nice soft style so its still pretty (and keeps you looking good) plus you could always have a soft boarder, like a ribbon or something.. keep thinking ;) It'll come to you one day
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Calum wrote:

Just wanted to say that your tat is absolutely sick dude - I love it. Thanks for sharing.