Options

PJ Tattoos?

Comments

• Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Kevbwoy wrote:
    I was thinking about getting "how I choose to feel is how I am" in a typewriter font on my wrist. But I still need someone to say "go for it" since no one I know is really into Pearl Jam. That sentence helped through very tough times though so I think it would be a perfect first tattoo... Someone please say "go for it!" xD
    GO FOR IT!!! and post pics :)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892

I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of a lot of the art on here, but I really like this one. it's subtle and ambiguous, only a fan would recognize it (that's the kind of stuff I like, just my opinion). great idea.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    I'm not a tattoo kind of person. Meaning my body is a blank canvas. But I dig this one.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

is that a sweet water tat above the space dude?

awesome tats everybody! working on designing a new one...need to incorporate PJ into it somehow.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    eddiefan1992eddiefan1992 Posts: 231

I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of a lot of the art on here, but I really like this one. it's subtle and ambiguous, only a fan would recognize it (that's the kind of stuff I like, just my opinion). great idea.

Why thank you. I have 3 PJ tats and this one by far is my fave. No one that's seen it so far know what it is :shock: :lol: . I guess us fans are few and far between.
  • Options
    eddiefan1992eddiefan1992 Posts: 231
    shadowcast wrote:
    I'm not a tattoo kind of person. Meaning my body is a blank canvas. But I dig this one.

Thanks! I dig it too...obviously. :D I think the artist did a really nice job on it. It's by far my fave of the 5 I have.
  • Options
    Check it!
    BC69
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,526
    Check it!

Nice first post :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Kevbwoy wrote:
    I was thinking about getting "how I choose to feel is how I am" in a typewriter font on my wrist. But I still need someone to say "go for it" since no one I know is really into Pearl Jam. That line helped me through very tough times though so I think it would be a perfect first tattoo... Someone please say "go for it!" xD

I've got that tattoo. In small writing along my forearm. Its now surrounded by cherry blossoms.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pjrainloverpjrainlover Posts: 105
    i got a new pj tat on my hip yesterday (sixth one, i think). here it is:

newtat.jpg
    “Going to a Pearl Jam concert is like going to church for a lot of fans. There is a synergy with Pearl Jam for fans.”

"Everyone should have at least one passion in life, and they should pursue it with all their might. My passion is music by Pearl Jam."

"If music doesn’t lift up your soul, if it doesn’t make you grateful that you’re alive, then you probably aren’t alive."

• Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003

newtat.jpg

Yo BOOTS, that looks so tight! You done good.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    RYEzupSF wrote:

newtat.jpg

Yo BOOTS, that looks so tight! You done good.

I love this. It's making me want to get another one.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354

newtat.jpg
    :thumbup: :wave: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    already in the album!!!!you have the best tattoos ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

newtat.jpg

:thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    KevbwoyKevbwoy Posts: 11
    boyo79 wrote:
    Kevbwoy wrote:
    I was thinking about getting "how I choose to feel is how I am" in a typewriter font on my wrist. But I still need someone to say "go for it" since no one I know is really into Pearl Jam. That line helped me through very tough times though so I think it would be a perfect first tattoo... Someone please say "go for it!" xD

I've got that tattoo. In small writing along my forearm. Its now surrounded by cherry blossoms.

seems like a lot of awesome pearl jam tattoos I could come up with already have been done... can you post pictures of yours please? would love to see that.
    I still think this is a very cool tattoo to have but I think I'm gonna go with a another Pearl Jam tattoo I thought about for a longer time now. I didn't change my mind because of you though, so dont worry ;D
    "I'm sick of chasing my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later."
    Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    mine

not sure what took longer, deciding to get a tattoo OR figuring out how to attach it to this thread. :D

http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h34 ... tattoo.jpg
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,562
    Just got the dragon form Toronto II '06 on my back. Looks pretty good. I'll throw it up when it heals. Been waiting a few years to get it done too :)

Very excited and relieved.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Kevbwoy wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    Kevbwoy wrote:

seems like a lot of awesome pearl jam tattoos I could come up with already have been done... can you post pictures of yours please? would love to see that.
    I still think this is a very cool tattoo to have but I think I'm gonna go with a another Pearl Jam tattoo I thought about for a longer time now. I didn't change my mind because of you though, so dont worry ;D

DSC00086.jpg

• Options
    Ian,can i put it in my facebook album?thanks
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Ian,can i put it in my facebook album?thanks

Dimi, course you can! I haven't even got that pic on my facebook :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Gibson wrote:
    Just got the dragon form Toronto II '06 on my back. Looks pretty good. I'll throw it up when it heals. Been waiting a few years to get it done too :)

I'd really like to see this as it's one of the next pieces for me to get done. Did you do a straight copy of the image from the poster or did you modify it? Can't wait to see.
  • Options
    Gibson wrote:

I'd really like to see this as it's one of the next pieces for me to get done. Did you do a straight copy of the image from the poster or did you modify it? Can't wait to see.

I also can't wait to see a pic of this
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Gibson wrote:
    can i put it in my album? :)
  • Options
    Gibson wrote:
    can i put it in my album? :)

I don't think I could receive higher praise :)

• Options
    Thats pretty wicked, they did a wonderful job :clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm in the way older group....and thinking of getting Just Breathe somewhere in the hip area. It will be my first and likely only. Any advice? Also would like to put a little decoration (flowers with some nice color) but I want to keep it on the small side.
    This is just in the idea stage.... :)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:

Thank you very much, sir.

• Options
    nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    Gibson wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Thank you very much, sir.
    Where did you get it done?
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options

SWEET TAT!! <3 the stars!!
    I posted the link earlier and we are right next to each other in Dimi's Album :) here's the link again:
    http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... =1&theater

Thanks:) I really love it. working on an idea for the next one now.

Wish i could see the album!! Facebook gives me an error that says I'm not allowed or the link does not exist anymore. Hmmm...

I'd love to see the album....I got the error too. :(