Options

PJ Tattoos?

Comments

• Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    I've got two consultations on Thursday at two different places for my tattoo...I spent the better part of the day yesterday scanning, photoshopping and printing all the artwork I'm bringing to the meetings. Here's a Pic:
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=al5kh.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
    These are all 8.5x11 pieces of paper...don't think that i have a bunch or prints just laying around like that. You can follow my progress (if anyone is interested) over here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=150092

-DMW
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,588
    47455651.png

96408323.png

Finally! Thanks to a very helping Dimitris I got them posted :D

Those look wicked, love how you incorporated the P & J into the stickman, Original :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    47455651.png

96408323.png

Those look wicked, love how you incorporated the P & J into the stickman, Original :thumbup:

Thanks Black35. There a a million and one stickman's out there and I wanted to make mine a little different. I think the artist did a good job incorporating the PJ from an old sticker into the stickman. I've put off getting it for years and decided to finally just do it in commemoration of 20 years of PJ.
  • Options
    SA92101SA92101 Posts: 8
    Got my stickman about 11 years ago ....just added "GIVEN TO FLY" a week ago !!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    just add this in my facebook album...awesome.. :) Tara's tattoo

55875062.png
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    I 'm thinking to get 'gems & rhinestones' & Ed's hearts. Can anyone help me with the art work?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I 'm thinking to get 'gems & rhinestones' & Ed's hearts. Can anyone help me with the art work?
    are we friends in facebook?i have a friend htere can help you :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    morello wrote:

If you go into the tattooists with that info, won't they draw something up for you?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    morello wrote:
    are we friends in facebook?i have a friend there can help you :)
    Of course we're friends on facebook D!! ;) I'll message you there then. :)
    boyo79 wrote:
    If you go into the tattooists with that info, won't they draw something up for you?
    Ah, ok, is that how it works? My other tatts I knew exactly what I wanted so just went in with the idea/artwork.

Has anyone ever seen 'gems & rhinestones' written in Ed's handwriting anywhere?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Aga81Aga81 Posts: 808
    Oh I see the Stickman RULEZ :) I have my own too :):lol:
    Some may ask, "Why act now? Why not wait? - The answer is clear. The world could wait no longer

04.07.2012 ~ Berlin
    31.07.2012 ~ London
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,588

55875062.png

:thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    PA121993PA121993 Posts: 29
    Hi PJers.

I have some serious tat questions to ask you and I KNOW this is the right group of people to ask LOL.
    Ive been on the fence way too long about his but my connection with PJ has been unbreakable since 2002.

Anyway here goes. I'll be as clear as possible.

1. What is too old to get a tat for the first time ? (i know i know but just some thought on it please :) )

2. As a first tat im considering getting something small and relatively hidden.
    Please best of ideas are really appreciated on where to locate your first one if your kinda freaked about getting your first one :)

3. I have been thinking about this for a while have even posted here before, just been a bit freaked about being branded :) favorite CD is RA. considering the crowned skull, what else is a great one for a first tat ever? RA or not.

4. Please enduldge me on an off topic one here. Does anyone know of a meetups or groups of PJers hangin out or anything ? Sems like Im alone down here in the sunshine state when it comes to cool PJers. Or is it all online these days for this? Maybe i will post this in another topic area again.

Peace.
    ...it emanates from their beings...
  • Options
    PA121993 wrote:
    Hi PJers.

I have some serious tat questions to ask you and I KNOW this is the right group of people to ask LOL.
    Ive been on the fence way too long about his but my connection with PJ has been unbreakable since 2002.

1. What is too old to get a tat for the first time ? (i know i know but just some thought on it please :) )

Please best of ideas are really appreciated on where to locate your first one if your kinda freaked about getting your first one :)

3. I have been thinking about this for a while have even posted here before, just been a bit freaked about being branded :) favorite CD is RA. considering the crowned skull, what else is a great one for a first tat ever? RA or not.

4. Please enduldge me on an off topic one here. Does anyone know of a meetups or groups of PJers hangin out or anything ? Sems like Im alone down here in the sunshine state when it comes to cool PJers. Or is it all online these days for this? Maybe i will post this in another topic area again.

Peace.

1.) Never too old for your first tat!!

2.) If you're a female and I'm assuming you are since you said you wanted it kinda of small and relatively well hidden. I would suggest on your lower stomach, near your hip bone. Not many people are going to see it there.

3.) If you're considering the RA skull, you really can't go too small with that as you'll lose all the detail...I don't know what your idea of small is.

4.) Do your research on tattoo artists. Go in with a clear idea of what you want or a picture if you know exactly what it is you want. Ask people you know that are inked who they go to, this is usually a safe bet. Also, ask the artist to see pics of their work so you can get an idea of how well or bad their work is. Good luck and just take the plunge!! Once you have one, you'll want more and more! I'm up to 4 now and would have more but there are only so many places you can ink yourself and still manage to maintain a professional image! Can't really be an inked up grade school teacher ;-)
  • Options
    PA121993 wrote:
    Hi PJers.

Peace.

1.) Never too old for your first tat!!

2.) If you're a female and I'm assuming you are since you said you wanted it kinda of small and relatively well hidden. I would suggest on your lower stomach, near your hip bone. Not many people are going to see it there.

3.) If you're considering the RA skull, you really can't go too small with that as you'll lose all the detail...I don't know what your idea of small is.

4.) Do your research on tattoo artists. Go in with a clear idea of what you want or a picture if you know exactly what it is you want. Ask people you know that are inked who they go to, this is usually a safe bet. Also, ask the artist to see pics of their work so you can get an idea of how well or bad their work is. Good luck and just take the plunge!! Once you have one, you'll want more and more! I'm up to 4 now and would have more but there are only so many places you can ink yourself and still manage to maintain a professional image! Can't really be an inked up grade school teacher ;-)

Nope Im a guy. but still want my first one relatively hidden. Im just freaked about it. Part of me feels like im too old and another part of me feels like I will never grow up lol.
    But Im in a professional environment so from that aspect it cant be seen (until i get brave one day lol)

Im well within range of some top notch tattos shops in Florida so I dont think finding a good artist will be a problem and Im willing to pay for the best. Im just one good shove away from taking the plunge :) Maybe I should start with temporary tats LOL JK.

Thanks for the replie. really want some good feedback like that. It would probably be a lot easier if there were other PJers down here but Im starting to believe im the only one lol.

peace.
  • Options
    Ahhhh, a fellow Floridian! I don't live there right now but grew up there..spent the first 22 years of my life in FL! There are a ton of tattoo shops down there. My sis in law is actually getting inked next month, if you'd like I can find out who her artist is and where he's located. He's super awesome. She had to book her appt 2 months out, that's how incredible this guy is.
  • Options
    oh, and as far as location for a guy...back or upper arm is always a good choice!
  • Options
    Ahhhh, a fellow Floridian! I don't live there right now but grew up there..spent the first 22 years of my life in FL! There are a ton of tattoo shops down there. My sis in law is actually getting inked next month, if you'd like I can find out who her artist is and where he's located. He's super awesome. She had to book her appt 2 months out, that's how incredible this guy is.

Ah. I am wrong that there isn't a lot of PJers down here or they just are obvious or something :/ hmmm
    I've been here for the last 22 yrs, Midwest before that.
    Yeah sure I would def check out the tat artist if he's that good. Send me his info if you can. Thanks.
  • Options
    oh, and as far as location for a guy...back or upper arm is always a good choice!

Yeah upper arm is where I would think it best but still gonna stick out at a Corp function, like cook etc with tank top. Guess can't be a closet PJer forever lol. Back would be sorta the same prob bc it would likely be upper back.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    47455651.png

96408323.png

very nice ;)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    PA121993 wrote:

Ah. I am wrong that there isn't a lot of PJers down here or they just are obvious or something :/ hmmm
    Yeah sure I would def check out the tat artist if he's that good. Send me his info if you can. Thanks.

I don't know about the PJers down there...I haven't lived there in many many years but when I was younger and it was "Cool" to like them, there were tons of fans. In fact, the 1998 show in WPB, there was originally only one show but enough people complained and they added another show. The first show sold out in minutes and the second one did as well. But...that was many years ago.

I digress. The dude's name is JR and he's at Hellcat Tattoo in WPB, FL Here's a link to their website.
    http://www.hellcattattoo.com/hellcattattoo/
  • Options
    PA121993 wrote:

I don't know about the PJers down there...I haven't lived there in many many years but when I was younger and it was "Cool" to like them, there were tons of fans. In fact, the 1998 show in WPB, there was originally only one show but enough people complained and they added another show. The first show sold out in minutes and the second one did as well. But...that was many years ago.

I digress. The dude's name is JR and he's at Hellcat Tattoo in WPB, FL Here's a link to their website.

Well looks like I took over 2nd shift in West Palm. Saw them in 2003 & 2008 there. I'm sure there are PJers just dont ever hear much about it. Would be nice to find some of my kind lol. I remeber 2003 was sold out and there were a lot people outside just to listen, 2008 not so much.
    Thanks for the link ! Looks like a pretty cool tat shop.

Ever seen a good pic of the metal chain-link skeletons from Riot Act ?
  • Options
    Well looks like I took over 2nd shift in West Palm. Saw them in 2003 & 2008 there. I'm sure there are PJers just dont ever hear much about it. Would be nice to find some of my kind lol. I remeber 2003 was sold out and there were a lot people outside just to listen, 2008 not so much.
    Thanks for the link ! Looks like a pretty cool tat shop.

Ever seen a good pic of the metal chain-link skeletons from Riot Act ?[/quote]

Ohhh, you are living in West Palm? I'm jealous. I miss it there soo much. I was there this past November and it's changed so freaking much. The last time I was there before that was 2000, to see Pearl Jam funny enough.
    Unfortunately I haven't seen any good pics of the chain link skeletons. Have you tried googling it? That's how I got my stickman template. I found one that looked pretty decent then printed it to the size I wanted and had them add the P J in Stickman's hands. I don't have the album for Riot Act with me, it's in storage so I don't remember if there's a pic in there or not. I'm sure you already looked there first though.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    PA121993 wrote:

Yo! fellow F-L-A friend here.
    I'm near WPB too.. I've been to almost every FL show since 1996! It was such a great bonus when they added those second shows..

And btw, I have a few friends who go to hellcat all the time. I'm not sure the guys name though.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    pjcincipjcinci Posts: 223

55875062.png

is that a real tattoo?
  • Options
    Yeah sure I would def check out the tat artist if he's that good. Send me his info if you can. Thanks.[/quote]

http://www.hellcattattoo.com/hellcattattoo/[/quote]
    I'm near WPB too.. I've been to almost every FL show since 1996! It was such a great bonus when they added those second shows..

And btw, I have a few friends who go to hellcat all the time. I'm not sure the guys name though.[/quote]

Hey you do exist...lol
    Cool. We need a group of us so we have an arm for the next show lol.
    Have a tatt too ?
    I'll private message you.

Im thinking about starting a meetup or something for all things PJ. hmmm
    ANYONE else in South Florida ?
  • Options

And btw, I have a few friends who go to hellcat all the time. I'm not sure the guys name though.

You're lucky my friend. I've been to three shows my entire life. :cry:
    I moved from FL in 1999, and then overseas with my husband in 2003, then to the middle of nowhere in 2006, and now back overseas. And of course PJ has been no where near us all this time and I can't justify flying around the country or world to see them :lol:
  • Options
    Hey you do exist...lol
    Have a tatt too ?

You should start a new thread about a meetup for PJ fans in South FL.
  • Options
    pjcinci wrote:

55875062.png

is that a real tattoo?
    yes
  • Options
    Hey you do exist...lol
    Have a tatt too ?

You should start a new thread about a meetup for PJ fans in South FL.

Good idea...
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    PA121993 wrote:

I think a tattoo should be for you. If you are a professional (like you and I) you really cant have your forearm tattooed up unless you plan to never wear short sleeves at the office or around clients. now many will think "who cares what others think?" and I would normally agree, but in the real world, I think it matters.

I got the stickman on my chest 13 years ago (small, maybe 3" x"2) and I've never regretted it. it means much more to me than just Pearl Jam but it's just for me, not to show others how much I love PJ.

good luck.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale