Options

PJ Tattoos?

Comments

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    I think a tattoo should be for you. If you are a professional (like you and I) you really cant have your forearm tattooed up unless you plan to never wear short sleeves at the office or around clients. now many will think "who cares what others think?" and I would normally agree, but in the real world, I think it matters.

I got the stickman on my chest 13 years ago (small, maybe 3" x"2) and I've never regretted it. it means much more to me than just Pearl Jam but it's just for me, not to show others how much I love PJ.

good luck.
    I'm just wondering, no offense intended, what kind of "professional" wears short sleeves to work? Just wear a long sleeve shirt if it's a problem.
  • Options
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Definitely
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    edited March 2011
    bazzer wrote:
    I think a tattoo should be for you. If you are a professional (like you and I) you really cant have your forearm tattooed up unless you plan to never wear short sleeves at the office or around clients. now many will think "who cares what others think?" and I would normally agree, but in the real world, I think it matters.

I got the stickman on my chest 13 years ago (small, maybe 3" x"2) and I've never regretted it. it means much more to me than just Pearl Jam but it's just for me, not to show others how much I love PJ.

good luck.
    I'm just wondering, no offense intended, what kind of "professional" wears short sleeves to work? Just wear a long sleeve shirt if it's a problem.

as a lawyer, there are days when you dont expect to see clients and wear a polo to the office or to an event. wouldnt do that if I had tattoos up and down my arms.
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Thanks a lot.I am very happy with how it came out.
  • Options
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Just got this one done today, you can't see all of it but I will get a better picture once it's totally finished and healed :-)

(the stickman is a few years old)

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l50 ... et/tat.jpg
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,589
    Just got this one done today, you can't see all of it but I will get a better picture once it's totally finished and healed :-)

(the stickman is a few years old)

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l50 ... et/tat.jpg

That looks really wicked, good job by the artist. How long did it take?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    A good 5 (and very painful) hours...it goes a little around my leg but I want to wait until it heals until I get a better picture
  • Options
    A good 5 (and very painful) hours...it goes a little around my leg but I want to wait until it heals until I get a better picture
    but its so beautiful.. :)
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,698
    both those tattoos ^^^^^ belonging to the long username people :mrgreen: are very nice, indeed. :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    rustyrrustyr Posts: 138
    I've been a fan since I was when I got my first copy of Ten on cassette when it came out and I was 7. Next to GBV, they're my favorite band of all-time. I've been considering getting a GBV rune tattoo for the longest time, but now I think I might get a PJ one instead but don't know what to get. PJ20? The surf board? Decisions, decisions!??
    9/4/00, 7/1/03, 7/12/03, 5/30/06, 8/5/07, 10/28/09, 5/13/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13
  • Options
    Hey rustyr, I can't speak for everyone but some of the best stuff I found was on their concert posters :-)
  • Options
    gorga14gorga14 Posts: 103

wow! very nice!! i just got another tattoo but this one isn't pj related so no point posting it haha
  • Options
    I'm pretty much dead set on getting "Jesus greets me...looks just like me" tattooed somewhere. But I can't decide where I want it. I was thinking "Jesus greets me" on one wrist and "looks just like me" on the other. But I can't decide if I want it to be that visible or not. Any ideas? ;)
  • Options
    I'm pretty much dead set on getting "Jesus greets me...looks just like me" tattooed somewhere. But I can't decide where I want it. I was thinking "Jesus greets me" on one wrist and "looks just like me" on the other. But I can't decide if I want it to be that visible or not. Any ideas? ;)
    u have any already?
  • Options
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    getting my Sigur Ros tat soon........Takk cover
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    Here's my tattoo from yesterday...I think the image is too large to post so here's the link...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5027/559 ... 903a_b.jpg
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 3,003
    That is rad!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    funny i just saw this thread. i have always wanted a pearl jam tattoo. ive been waiting most of my life to meet Eddie so he could autograph me and i could get it tattooed lol. i have two non pearl jam tattoos already but recently i have been wanting to get "Once upon a time..." tattooed down my arm. its pearl jam related, it means so much and it explains alot n my life. Im hoping one day to meet Eddie and have him write it for me so i can have it tattooed on me in his writing. LOL i know in my dreams, i thought about writing him a letter and maybe he would write me back... i live in fairy tale land though i understand that hahaha but i'll i wont give up on my wish :) what do u think? anyone think he would possibly write me back hahaha? :D
    * I wanna leave this mind and shout *

www.myspace.com/bltzdnooki
  • Options
    Now I want another tattoo!!!!! :o
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    Here's my tattoo from yesterday...I think the image is too large to post so here's the link...

That is awesome! Congrats! :thumbup:
  • Options

That looks awesome. I know I've seen that owl before.......oh yeah, the poster I have hanging in my livingroom, look at it every day. Great job :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    Figured out how to post it on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 81&theater
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,471

I am loving that tattoo. Way to go bro!
  • Options
    sspj2311sspj2311 Posts: 5
    I have a black and red stickman on my left shoulder with the line "restless soul enjoy your youth around, then i got an old victrola style turn table. On the turntable is of course is a record with PJ in the center, and rather than having a horn, it is an old tree with music notes that surrounds the stickman.