Options

Do you poop at work?

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    On you!
    No way. I’d find another job if that were the case. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    dankind said:
    On you!
    Rumor has it the Cleveland Steamers are shopping for an ace but will settle for a deuce.
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    dankind said:
    On you!
    Rumor has it the Cleveland Steamers are shopping for an ace but will settle for a deuce.
    Well, if they know their man is working hard....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    Yes, but its a get in and get out fast situation
    MayDay10 said:
    I avoid it at all costs.  If I have to, I make sure I am undetected entering the bathroom, proceed as quickly as possible... and leave undetected.  Usually approaching and egressing from the bathroom area from/to different directions to throw off the trail.
    I worked at an accounting firm years ago that had an office on the 4th floor of a building that had centralized restrooms on each floor.  

The door to the office had a chime on it and the reception window was about 15 feet away from the door which meant that the secretary couldn't always see who was coming and going.  There was a bell sitting next to the door (inside) that we were supposed to ring before we walked out and ring when returning so that everyone in the office knew it was one of us instead of a client, etc.

That created awkward situations for me when I would be gone too long.  They knew I was pooping.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:
    dankind said:
    On you!
    Well, if they know their man is working hard....
    Grunt work.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    We have a pretty large facility here with a lot of restrooms. I have to leave my office quite a bit anyway, so it's not too unusual to be away for awhile. That being said, I tend to use the RR away from our primary offices and only if it cannot be avoided. I'd much rather wait until I get home.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Yes, and I don't care who comes in after me either
    MayDay10 said:
    I avoid it at all costs.  If I have to, I make sure I am undetected entering the bathroom, proceed as quickly as possible... and leave undetected.  Usually approaching and egressing from the bathroom area from/to different directions to throw off the trail.
    I worked at an accounting firm years ago that had an office on the 4th floor of a building that had centralized restrooms on each floor.  

The door to the office had a chime on it and the reception window was about 15 feet away from the door which meant that the secretary couldn't always see who was coming and going.  There was a bell sitting next to the door (inside) that we were supposed to ring before we walked out and ring when returning so that everyone in the office knew it was one of us instead of a client, etc.

That created awkward situations for me when I would be gone too long.  They knew I was pooping.
    Damn. That is a system designed for embarrassment! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

In our office, the men's room is right across a narrow hall from the conference room. 

My boss's extremely loud shits always make for some awkward moments when the young ladies from our accounting company are in preparing the taxes every spring. 
  • Options

In our office, the men's room is right across a narrow hall from the conference room. 

My boss's extremely loud shits always make for some awkward moments when the young ladies from our accounting company are in preparing the taxes every spring. 
    gross dumb and dumber GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

See the source image
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

See the source image

• Options

At the first firm I worked at our boss used to light up the entire building.  It was god awful.  

I was there about 18 months before we realized that he was a raging alcoholic.  The smell was because his liver was dying.

I left there a few months later and got the job at the firm I described above where we had to ring a bell every time we went to the bathroom. 

Sad to say that he died about six years after I left there.  Crazy part is that he was 56 when he died so he was only 50 when I worked for him.  I would have guessed he was closer to 65.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    Now that I've worked from home for nearly ten years, I download files whenever needed.

heard another euphemism...."bombing the oval office."
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    Boss makes a dollar.  I make a dime.  That's why I poop on company time!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    No, I hold it until I get home
    Its also amazing to me, when I walk into the bathroom to pee and someone is in a stall ripping ass and I am inhaling their awful BM fumes...  Trying to gtf out of there, the person detects its me and like it is nothing, strikes up a conversation....  and/or, emerge from the stall as I am frantically trying to wash my hands and disappear, and start talking to me.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Now that I've worked from home for nearly ten years, I download files whenever needed.

heard another euphemism...."bombing the oval office."
    In the Navy I often heard about "sending another Ensign out to sea". 
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    I shit you not (pun intended) I just opened this, at work, and then suddenly had to run to the bathroom.  Power of suggestion.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    MayDay10 said:
    Its also amazing to me, when I walk into the bathroom to pee and someone is in a stall ripping ass and I am inhaling their awful BM fumes...  Trying to gtf out of there, the person detects its me and like it is nothing, strikes up a conversation....  and/or, emerge from the stall as I am frantically trying to wash my hands and disappear, and start talking to me.
    Yes. WTF is up with that????
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,765
    Yes I do. I used to be shy about it or avoid at all costs...then, one day, I decided I could not care less. I work a lot of hours. I mean...A LOT (by most people's standards). So I like to consider myself a professional pooper at times. I wonder how many OT hours I get paid to poop every year. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    My office is now my home, but even when I was in an actual office....hell fucking yes. 

Great thread, by the way. I am surprised I didn't think of it first. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

At the first firm I worked at our boss used to light up the entire building.  It was god awful.  

I was there about 18 months before we realized that he was a raging alcoholic.  The smell was because his liver was dying.

I left there a few months later and got the job at the firm I described above where we had to ring a bell every time we went to the bathroom. 

Sad to say that he died about six years after I left there.  Crazy part is that he was 56 when he died so he was only 50 when I worked for him.  I would have guessed he was closer to 65.
    The ringing bell connection has had no Pavlovian reaction from you, I hope.

And I won’t touch the alcoholic/poop issue! That shit did a number on me, bowels included 😬
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    I work from home, so yeah.  I also travel a lot for work and when I'm on the road I try to wait until I can get back to my hotel.  
  • Options
    In a related note, one of my proudest moments as a father was hearing my at-the-time 6-year-old boy belt this out at the top of his lungs a couple of years ago when he was in such a situation. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    JojoRice said:
    Boss makes a dollar.  I make a dime.  That's why I poop on company time!
    I made up the term "clocker" for a shit on company time.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Thanks for the laughs everyone! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Currently pooping at work…

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Courtesy flush people!!!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited September 2021
    Weird working at a place that has "stalls". 

Pretty much doesn't exist here in Sweden. We have separate bathrooms at work. 

Stalls are for nightclubs and airports...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Weird working at a place that has "stalls". 

Pretty much doesn't exist here in Sweden. We have separate bathrooms at work. 

Stalls are for nightclubs and airports...
    That should be its own thread.
    Do you poop at nightclubs?
    :lol:.     
    I thought they were only for drugs and sex.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I had an office in another building that had a central restroom.  Luckily separate mens and womens bathrooms.

I was in that building for about nine years and probably pooped there maybe 10 times.

The main restroom was about 15 feet from the front door to the building.  One toilet/one urinal that were side by side so you always locked the door to go in.  Funny thing was there was a motion detector on the light so if you sat there long enough the light would go off and you had to wave your arms to get the fucker back on.  Not cool as it would be pitch black in there without the light. The first time that happened it was horrifying until I realized motion turned it back on.  Also, turd burglars were frequently trying to open the door mid poop because there was only one bathroom in that wing of the building.  I was always horrified that someone would be waiting outside the door when I was done.

I eventually learned to go to a different wing of the building and use the upstairs mens room.  It was also a one banger with a lock but there weren't as many people so it was much quieter.  And the light didn't go off on you either.