Uh oh……2021 Jazz Fest canceled

Comments

• mrussel1 said:
    I don’t think either will be cancelled or re-scheduled unless something really gets out of hand like in some places. I believe the organizers are trying everything possible to not have these concerts cancelled which is why Ohana updated to say you need to be fully vaxxed or negative test. I think the next thing to go will be the negative test and then a cancellation 
    Ohana requires a vax already?  I didn't see that and I just checked the website and didn't see anything about it there either.  Do you have anymore info?
    Sorry, I meant shn. I updated. Apologies
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,373
    mrussel1 said:
    I don’t think either will be cancelled or re-scheduled unless something really gets out of hand like in some places. I believe the organizers are trying everything possible to not have these concerts cancelled which is why Ohana updated to say you need to be fully vaxxed or negative test. I think the next thing to go will be the negative test and then a cancellation 
    Ohana requires a vax already?  I didn't see that and I just checked the website and didn't see anything about it there either.  Do you have anymore info?
    Sorry, I meant shn. I updated. Apologies
    okay thanks.  I hope it comes to that though.  It seems likely considering the SHN festival went that way.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,676
    Renfield said:
    wall232 said:
    If you have the vaccine you can still get it and be a carrier, requiring a negative test for everyone is the safest way. IMHO. 

I'm fully vaccinated and would have no problem taking a test before going into a show. 
    I’d be all for this.

Yeah. As much of a cluster fuck this would be, this is the only way forward 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    That sounds like a mess. Constant testing shouldn’t be expected, but for events, so be it if we must.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    That seems like a bridge too far to me. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    So it is now coming to showing proof of vaccination AND a negative Covid test for entry?   Imagine being vaxxed, unknowingly picking up Covid at the airport, on the plane, etc., being completely asymptomatic and then finding out the day of the show you have Covid.  Now you're screwed on all fronts and financially invested with tickets, airfare, hotel, etc. and no means of refund.  My gosh.  I'm all for safety and I sure do enjoy live music, but I may end up bowing out of concerts if this is the case.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,054
    bbiggs said:
    So it is now coming to showing proof of vaccination AND a negative Covid test for entry?   Imagine being vaxxed, unknowingly picking up Covid at the airport, on the plane, etc., being completely asymptomatic and then finding out the day of the show you have Covid.  Now you're screwed on all fronts and financially invested with tickets, airfare, hotel, etc. and no means of refund.  My gosh.  I'm all for safety and I sure do enjoy live music, but I may end up bowing out of concerts if this is the case.

In the last few weeks I was coming around to the idea that I could wait until the spring for more shows. 

All this BS in the last week only reinforces that sentiment. 
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    Renfield said:
    wall232 said:
    If you have the vaccine you can still get it and be a carrier, requiring a negative test for everyone is the safest way. IMHO. 

I'm fully vaccinated and would have no problem taking a test before going into a show. 
    I’d be all for this.

My sister went last night, she said it easy, fast & well organized. (It was an arena 7,000 capacity.)

• hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    Renfield said:
    wall232 said:

I’d be all for this.

What sucks with this method is that it includes all members of your ticketing group. So if you bought the tickets and your friend doesn't pass, neither of you can enter the show. While most people ride together to the event, sometimes you just meet up in the lobby/parking lot. 
  • robbierobbie Posts: 883
    nicknyr15 said:
    robbie said:
    I agree that all concerts, sporting events, restaurants, air travel, bars, schools, etc. need to be for the vaccinated only. Yes, you have a right to not be vaccinated, and nobody is going to inject you against your will or arrest you for not getting a shot...but you do not belong in society. Stop being such selfish assholes! Stop fucking everything up for everyone. Go sit home alone and worship your cult leader and wallow in your willful ignorance. Let the rest of the world continue without you. 
    Love the assumption that a non vaccinated person is automatically a Trump worshipper. I know people of all walks unfortunately who are not vaccinated. It’s more random than you think. 
    Really? Because it seems like the same 40% of the country that is involved in the Trump cult are the same know nothings that are too selfish to get the vaccine. Are you telling me it is not primarily the Qanon Trump fanatics that are convinced that Bill Gates is tracking us through the vaccine? Or that it is the "mark of the beast"? Or that they have the "right" to selfishly infect the entire world because Matt Gates tells them that the virus is  democrat hoax designed to hurt Trump? You are sure these aren't the same ignorant assholes who also deny climate change? These aren't the same imbeciles that are convinced that their cult leader won the election by a landslide and it was stolen form him by the "deep state"? This isn't the same racist ignorant assholes who march around in their "camp aushwitz shirts screaming about brown people invading our country? These aren't the same bigots that are convinced it should be harder fro people of color to vote? Because that is what I see. I am fortunate enough to live in a progressive part of the country. And I do not personally know anyone who is unvaccinated., but I do occasionally see a pick up flying their Trump flags with anti vaccine bumper stickers. You really see N equal amount of people from all walks of life that are so selfish? It just so happens to be the same percentage that are in Cult 45?
    I think the most direct correlation will be education level, followed by age.  Young people in their 20's not getting it because they are lazy and think they're invincible.  And education level is connected to these people getting their information from terrible sources and non-critical thinking.  But all of this is directional and does not correlate perfectly. 
    It's no coincidence that the delta is raging in the states that are ranked lowest in education year after year. 
    JFC.  What a shit show this thread became.  Take it to AMT where it belongs.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    bbiggs said:
    JFC.  What a shit show this thread became.  Take it to AMT where it belongs.
    Yep!  Complete derail! 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • DM282158DM282158 Posts: 541
    Ya know.... Ole isn’t such a bad song. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
    The thread is about jazzfest which was just cancelled due to COVID concerns.  Not sure how these discussions are off topic.  
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    DM282158 said:
    Ya know.... Ole isn’t such a bad song. 

:lol:  Yes, it is. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    JazzFest was canceled because of the situation in New Orleans.  There is no way outdoor events like SHN or Ohana cancel if indoor arena shows in these areas continue as planned.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    JazzFest was canceled because of the situation in New Orleans.  There is no way outdoor events like SHN or Ohana cancel if indoor arena shows in these areas continue as planned.
    Agreed, although I'm a bit surprised they made the call so early.  We're still two months away.  Maybe it was for insurance/venue reasons that they needed to make a call.  My host called me Friday and said he thought it was 50/50 and that we would know shortly.  

I'd just like to know what the entry requirements for Ohana are sooner rather than later.  They should have enough sense of direction at this point to make an announcement like SHN did.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Oh boy.  This one has gone to the crazies.  

That was a really good lineup tho.  How many festivals book The Rolling Stones?
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,897
    bbiggs said:

I wonder if an insurance product might be created to cover this scenario.  I also think you can greatly diminish the risk of picking up Covid on the way by wearing a protective mask in public indoor places, as opposed to just a face covering.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    The covid test requirement hides the fact that the cell phone rules are obnoxious. 

• JimmyV said:
    The covid test requirement hides the fact that the cell phone rules are obnoxious. 
    Wouldn’t bother me
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,897
    JimmyV said:
    I think those rules are standard for comedy shows.  If one person records and posts the material, there goes the tour.  Different for music where we’ve all heard Better Man a thousand times and the extra you tube video isn’t going to hurt ticket sales for the next show. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 618
    wall232 said:

This is where you lose me, basically zero chance of a vaccinated person spreading it to another vaccinated person and the results being a hospitalization/death. I guess I can buy we would be protecting those under 12 but that's a stretch. I'm pro vaccine mandates at this point but if those who are vaccinated have no real advantage to those who aren't this never ends. Start treating this thing like a common cold, which it basically is for those vaccinated. I'm for those unvaccinated paying their own medical bills but that's considered an extreme take so it will never get any traction. Even though they are overwhelming hospitals and creating a more dangerous healthcare system for everyone else. It's a mess of epic proportions, hopefully Pfizer's antiviral pill delivers bigtime and hospitalization/deaths to this already cured disease can finally slow to a tolerable level... whatever that is. Either way eventually COVID runs out of targets but that's a brutal way to go and will likely extend the pandemic through 2022. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    JimmyV said:
    I just wish there was some consistency in what we are being told. I don't see much difference between GA and a packed ballgame, but so be it. Here in Mass we have the governor telling people last week that they should think twice about having large outdoor family gatherings in the backyard this summer. I think his point was to take a shot at Obamafest on the Vineyard, but you can't tell people that and then let Fenway be packed all summer long. It's infuriating. 

Total shot at Obama , sure you know it still sucks in New England we are the most vaccinated area of the country but it seems that with Delta and non - vaccinated public we are going to just have to live thru this again for another year or more.

NH had a 800% increase in cases over the past five weeks , went from a statewide of 151 and now are well above 1000 and the weekend numbers have not come out yet.

Also seeing the photos from the Green Day concert at Fenway last week were horrifying for me. Sold out show , GA on the ground.

I went to a show at the HOB in Boston on July 2nd right when it looked like things were finally getting back to normal and I am glad I did because at least I got one live show in for 2021 after zero in 2020.

JimmyV said:
    I think those rules are standard for comedy shows.  If one person records and posts the material, there goes the tour.  Different for music where we’ve all heard Better Man a thousand times and the extra you tube video isn’t going to hurt ticket sales for the next show. 
    Can't speak to comedy shows but Pearl Jam's lead singer had the most strict cellphone rules I have ever encountered at a show, before or since, back in 2012. This might be an improvement over that, but I'm not a fan of security being empowered to supervise this. 

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,481
    JimmyV said:
    I love it.  Jack White did that for his tour and it was great.  Not having someone's phone in my face the entire night was awesome.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Sorry, the cellphone stuff is off-topic. Not trying to derail.