Uh oh……2021 Jazz Fest canceled

124»

Comments

• ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    I had a ticket to Sat show in Chi, but my dog wouldn't stop puking.  Stayed home with her, and sold the ticket.  Got tickets for the indoor show in GR in Nov.  Hopefully, indoors are a go in Nov.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

• ddeschler said:
    One of my good friends went this weekend to both shows.  Traveled from Detroit.
    Are they going to the Detroit show this Wed too?  Hardcore.  Maybe the Indy shows this weekend too?
    Not sure by expect they would.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,408
    Louisiana also has a 37% fully vaccinated rate as opposed to 59% in New Jersey

Regional vaccination rates could play a role in a festival deciding to mandate Vaccines to enter vs just canceling totally (number of refund requests etc)
    37% fully vaccinated that's incredible. Canada was rather late to the vaccine rollout compared to America, and I think all provinces and territories are noticeably higher than that. Yikes
    Don't underestimate ignorance, laziness, and wishful thinking.
    Lynyrd Skynyrd cancels dates, as guitarist tests positive.  No word in the media if said guitarist had been vaccinated.  I'm guessing...
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    wall232 said:
    If you have the vaccine you can still get it and be a carrier, requiring a negative test for everyone is the safest way. IMHO. 

I'm fully vaccinated and would have no problem taking a test before going into a show. 
    This is where you lose me, basically zero chance of a vaccinated person spreading it to another vaccinated person and the results being a hospitalization/death. I guess I can buy we would be protecting those under 12 but that's a stretch. I'm pro vaccine mandates at this point but if those who are vaccinated have no real advantage to those who aren't this never ends. Start treating this thing like a common cold, which it basically is for those vaccinated.
    If you asked me in June, I would agree with you. Since that time Delta has completely taken over and changed everything. It’s been documented that a much higher amount of vaccinated people have got Covid in the past 6-8 weeks than previously. It’s also documented by the CDC that infected vaccinated people with Delta are putting out the same amount of infected particles as infected unvaccinated people. Studies in Israel, who got Delta earlier than the US, have shown vaccines to only be 39-64% effective against Delta. 

I posted this article from the Jerusalem Post in the Asbury Park thread that shows their hospitalizations from Delta are 58% vaccinated people.

https://m.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-in-israel-what-do-we-know-about-the-143-hospitalized-people-674508

Who knows what’s in store for the US, but those are alarming numbers. Granted the people in Israel were older people but my point is we truly don’t know how bad Delta is here.

As for general admission shows like Ohana, you honestly think it’s almost impossible to get Covid if you’re spending 10 hours shoulder to shoulder next to an infected person whether they are vaccinated or not, and then develop issues serious enough to go to a hospital? I wish I had your confidence. I have tickets for 4 days of Ohana and will attend if they happen. I am vaccinated and will wear a mask.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited August 2021
    KL159781 said:
    wall232 said:
    If you have the vaccine you can still get it and be a carrier, requiring a negative test for everyone is the safest way. IMHO. 

I'm fully vaccinated and would have no problem taking a test before going into a show. 
    This is where you lose me, basically zero chance of a vaccinated person spreading it to another vaccinated person and the results being a hospitalization/death. I guess I can buy we would be protecting those under 12 but that's a stretch. I'm pro vaccine mandates at this point but if those who are vaccinated have no real advantage to those who aren't this never ends. Start treating this thing like a common cold, which it basically is for those vaccinated.
    If you asked me in June, I would agree with you. Since that time Delta has completely taken over and changed everything. It’s been documented that a much higher amount of vaccinated people have got Covid in the past 6-8 weeks than previously. It’s also documented by the CDC that infected vaccinated people with Delta are putting out the same amount of infected particles as infected unvaccinated people. Studies in Israel, who got Delta earlier than the US, have shown vaccines to only be 39-64% effective against Delta. 

I posted this article from the Jerusalem Post in the Asbury Park thread that shows their hospitalizations from Delta are 58% vaccinated people.

https://m.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-in-israel-what-do-we-know-about-the-143-hospitalized-people-674508

Who knows what’s in store for the US, but those are alarming numbers. Granted the people in Israel were older people but my point is we truly don’t know how bad Delta is here.

As for general admission shows like Ohana, you honestly think it’s almost impossible to get Covid if you’re spending 10 hours shoulder to shoulder next to an infected person whether they are vaccinated or not, and then develop issues serious enough to go to a hospital? I wish I had your confidence. I have tickets for 4 days of Ohana and will attend if they happen. I am vaccinated and will wear a mask.

New Jersey where the first show is happening has 3% of hospitalizations being from the fully vaccinated. That is an incredibly low number when you factor in most of the population that is vulnerable from the virus is vaccinated. Roughly 68% of the 65 and up population in NJ is fully vaccinated. Single shots are even higher. 3% is an amazing number. 

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    KL159781 said:
    wall232 said:

I’d like to counter that with the CDC who says that the above statement you posted is not even close to the truth

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore