Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    That sucks, sorry all! Hang in there. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • MelzombieMelzombie Posts: 200
    It's 2020 all over again. I hope this doesn't start a domino effect. 
    Live music keeps me going and will be sickened if I lose another year of 0 live shows 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,676
    If people get the vaccine and wear a fucking mask, we could have nice things. 

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,676
    I do expect covid cesspool states to have to stop big events like this though. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    This is all voluntary at this point. Stupid people ruining things for all of us. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 713
    Melzombie said:
    Live music keeps me going and will be sickened if I lose another year of 0 live shows 
    Unfortunately it’s a given that this won’t be the only cancellation. I expect more to follow.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    edited August 2021
    Louisiana also has a 37% fully vaccinated rate as opposed to 59% in New Jersey

Regional vaccination rates could play a role in a festival deciding to mandate Vaccines to enter vs just canceling totally (number of refund requests etc)
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    matt84 said:
    Melzombie said:
    Unfortunately it’s a given that this won’t be the only cancellation. I expect more to follow.
    well, if that's the case, we're absolutely f*cked. No one will see PJ this year. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    Just require the vax for these events or proof of negative test like other events have. No more shutting down the world. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited August 2021
    Just require the vax for these events or proof of negative test like other events have. No more shutting down the world. 
    Agreed.  I’m at the point where I’m ready to say No Vax, no entry.  Eliminate the negative test even.
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    If people get the vaccine and wear a fucking mask, we could have nice things. 

Agreed.   Guess I'll look forward to the next cancellation notice that is imminent.

This *nation* has become a tiring, loathsome and pathetic gathering of humans.   I live in a state that is around 37% vaccinated also, and waiting for the superspreaders to head back through it on their way back from Sturgis.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    Sports are playing with full stadiums. I know ga is a little different than seated but if baseball can play every night with stadiums no reason why in a vaccinated area festivals cant continue.  Gonna suck if shn gets pushed back again
  • jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 412
    sporting events there is a little bit of restraint based on seats.  at a festival with GA only, thats not restrainable.   im real curious what data is derived from Lollapalooza, that looked crazy
    edited August 2021
    well, the concert industry is about to get shut down AGAIN thanks to the selfish anti-vaxxers and "my freedum" Trump worshipers. Independent venues barely survived last year and their about to get shut down again and may be closed for good. I live in a state where no one is taking it seriously. I wear a mask while out in public and people are looking at me like I'm crazy.. hardly anyone is wearing a mask. by the way people are handling this, this will never go away and  we won't see Pearl Jam till 2023 or 2024... not to mention some of your favorite venues probably won't exist anymore. 

Post edited by Melzombie on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    NJ and California are two of the highest vaccinated states. Reward those states and the people that got vaxxed and do not make those made the right choice have to pay for those that did not. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,373
    Sucks.  I was locked in for weekend one.  I expect the message that Ohana will require vaccine proof.  I sure hope so since I don’t have tickets yet, but the prices will drop.  
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 756
    I’ve got a bad feeling about this…
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,436

• robbierobbie Posts: 883
    I agree that all concerts, sporting events, restaurants, air travel, bars, schools, etc. need to be for the vaccinated only. Yes, you have a right to not be vaccinated, and nobody is going to inject you against your will or arrest you for not getting a shot...but you do not belong in society. Stop being such selfish assholes! Stop fucking everything up for everyone. Go sit home alone and worship your cult leader and wallow in your willful ignorance. Let the rest of the world continue without you. 
    New Orleans is arguably the worst city in the country right now for COVID.  I don’t think this will automatically lead to the cancellation of everything again, especially with Lola just happening

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,317
    robbie said:
    I agree that all concerts, sporting events, restaurants, air travel, bars, schools, etc. need to be for the vaccinated only. Yes, you have a right to not be vaccinated, and nobody is going to inject you against your will or arrest you for not getting a shot...but you do not belong in society. Stop being such selfish assholes! Stop fucking everything up for everyone. Go sit home alone and worship your cult leader and wallow in your willful ignorance. Let the rest of the world continue without you. 
    Love the assumption that a non vaccinated person is automatically a Trump worshipper. I know people of all walks unfortunately who are not vaccinated. It’s more random than you think. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    robbie said:
    Love the assumption that a non vaccinated person is automatically a Trump worshipper. I know people of all walks unfortunately who are not vaccinated. It’s more random than you think. 
    Agreed.  While most are likely Trump supporters, I know plenty of very liberal people who refuse to get the vaccine
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,317
    nicknyr15 said:
    robbie said:
    Agreed.  While most are likely Trump supporters, I know plenty of very liberal people who refuse to get the vaccine
    Liberal, Conservative, black, white, straight, transgender…… I’ve met them all. But who cares. That’s not important. Hopefully most people will come around soon to getting it. 
  • edited August 2021
    I don’t think either will be cancelled or re-scheduled unless something really gets out of hand like in some places. I believe the organizers are trying everything possible to not have these concerts cancelled which is why Shn updated to say you need to be fully vaxxed or negative test. I think the next thing to go will be the negative test and then a cancellation 
    Post edited by LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,373
    I don’t think either will be cancelled or re-scheduled unless something really gets out of hand like in some places. I believe the organizers are trying everything possible to not have these concerts cancelled which is why Ohana updated to say you need to be fully vaxxed or negative test. I think the next thing to go will be the negative test and then a cancellation 
    Ohana requires a vax already?  I didn't see that and I just checked the website and didn't see anything about it there either.  Do you have anymore info?
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    If you have the vaccine you can still get it and be a carrier, requiring a negative test for everyone is the safest way. IMHO. 

I'm fully vaccinated and would have no problem taking a test before going into a show. 
    NYPJ
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    I just wish there was some consistency in what we are being told. I don't see much difference between GA and a packed ballgame, but so be it. Here in Mass we have the governor telling people last week that they should think twice about having large outdoor family gatherings in the backyard this summer. I think his point was to take a shot at Obamafest on the Vineyard, but you can't tell people that and then let Fenway be packed all summer long. It's infuriating. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,054
    JimmyV said:
    I just wish there was some consistency in what we are being told. I don't see much difference between GA and a packed ballgame, but so be it. Here in Mass we have the governor telling people last week that they should think twice about having large outdoor family gatherings in the backyard this summer. I think his point was to take a shot at Obamafest on the Vineyard, but you can't tell people that and then let Fenway be packed all summer long. It's infuriating. 
    Likewise, I don't get the bitching about Obama's party or the Sturgis rally when people are packing venues for ballgames and concerts right now... I guess it generates clicks? 

Sucks for Jazz Fest, but considering the headlines out of Louisiana right now, I don't blame them. 
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    wall232 said:
    If you have the vaccine you can still get it and be a carrier, requiring a negative test for everyone is the safest way. IMHO. 

I'm fully vaccinated and would have no problem taking a test before going into a show. 
    I’d be all for this.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,666
    JimmyV said:
     Here in Mass we have the governor telling people last week that they should think twice about having large outdoor family gatherings in the backyard this summer. I think his point was to take a shot at Obamafest on the Vineyard, but you can't tell people that and then let Fenway be packed all summer long. It's infuriating. 
    Yeah Chuckles the Baker was definitely taking a not so thinly veiled shot at Obama with that comment.
    This weekend we rock Portland