Options

Olympics

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,876
    mrussel1 said:
    Its tough.  Im not going to judge the best athletes in the world.  It’s a different time.  As a former (non-Olympian lol) athlete I do believe that there’s pros to pushing through the nerves and anguish and crap you’re going through but again we don't know what her mind is like or what its like at that level.   

Her warmups looked terrible so i think her team probably was better off.  It’s just tough in general to prepare for 5 years and then not get to compete.  It is what it is man.  The Russians looked pretty good anyway.  Might not have mattered.  
    Well if she wasn't the best person to be competing, and the mental clearly affected the physical, that's another story.  I guess it's like the time Chuck Knoblaugh forgot how to throw from second to first for a few weeks. 
    Dude I had that happen to me my sophomore year of high school (and I played 2nd lol) Frustrating as hell. I had to go to a sports psychologist to help me out.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Its tough.  Im not going to judge the best athletes in the world.  It’s a different time.  As a former (non-Olympian lol) athlete I do believe that there’s pros to pushing through the nerves and anguish and crap you’re going through but again we don't know what her mind is like or what its like at that level.   

Her warmups looked terrible so i think her team probably was better off.  It’s just tough in general to prepare for 5 years and then not get to compete.  It is what it is man.  The Russians looked pretty good anyway.  Might not have mattered.  
    Well if she wasn't the best person to be competing, and the mental clearly affected the physical, that's another story.  I guess it's like the time Chuck Knoblaugh forgot how to throw from second to first for a few weeks. 
    Dude I had that happen to me my sophomore year of high school (and I played 2nd lol) Frustrating as hell. I had to go to a sports psychologist to help me out.  
    When I wasin high school,  I played 3rd. I got this thing in my head that I had bobbled the ball and it was at my feet,  when in reality it was in my glove.  Did it like 4x in a row.  It was the strangest thing. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    It was nice seeing Russia kick Americas ass in gymnastics…go Russia 🇷🇺 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    How did Canada do?
  • Options
    Putin is like a proud Russian father 🇷🇺…

He can walk around Russia 🇷🇺 with his head held high wearing those nice Biden aviator glasses…

Go team Russia 🇷🇺 

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Troll
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Troll
    I feel a need for vodka…go Russia 🇷🇺 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

He can walk around Russia 🇷🇺 with his head held high wearing those nice Biden aviator glasses…

Go team Russia 🇷🇺 

There’s just some countries you never root for. Russia leads that list especially when they aren’t even supposed to be competing!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Go team Russia 🇷🇺 

There’s just some countries you never root for. Russia leads that list especially when they aren’t even supposed to be competing!
    Hehehe.  I root for Russian hockey over the USA at any international competition…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Have you ever been to Russia?
    Not a place to root for.  The people, yes....the country?  Fuck no.
    Just crazy.  The way they abuse their athletes is crazy.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    How long before Trump weighs in on the Biles thing? Dude never misses a moment to further drive a wedge between us...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,938
    This dressage is a madness. Like how does a horse even know how to tiptoe cross step. Unreal. Mindblown
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    This dressage is a madness. Like how does a horse even know how to tiptoe cross step. Unreal. Mindblown
    Horses wearing dresses? What in sam's hell are you talkin' bout son?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,760
    How long before Trump weighs in on the Biles thing? Dude never misses a moment to further drive a wedge between us...

alot sooner than most of us will give a shit about what he says now.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    USA Gymnastics sex abuse scandal - Wikipedia

pot meet kettle...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    mcgruff10 said:

Go team Russia 🇷🇺 

Hehehe.  I root for Russian hockey over the USA at any international competition…
    Tee hee hee. How cute.  

BTW, this isn't hockey. 
  • Options

pot meet kettle...
    Missing the part where this is sanctioned by the state.  Try again. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621

pot meet kettle...

This was an atrocity but it is not the way that the govt sets things up to run, it was a sick twist of the system by some sick and greedy fucks. 

A + B does not equal C.  I am sure you know this but it is more fun to deflect than it is to own up to rooting for a piece of shit organization like Russian athletics because you like to troll the US. 

Have your fun, it makes no impact on anything else.

I spent some time in Russia just after the fall of the Soviet Union.  Met some absolutely amazing people and was horrified to see/learn of the impact of their govt.  Easy to type on a keyboard while stoned and think you are funny.  A bit different to know people who understand what it really means when people only look at total douchelords like Alexander Ovechkin and laud him because he is great at hockey and not at what the system there puts regular people through to try and produce public stooges like AO. 

• Options
    Ovechkin is a total Putin stooge.  
  • Options
    Ovechkin is a d-bag for the ages.
    Some here love him.
  • Options
    hehehe...I see I touched a nerve.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Hey buddy....do you think Canada will crack into the top 10 today? Slovenia's breathing down your neck!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Awesome that Japan has 13 golds, I dont recall that they were so strong at Winter Olys.  Good for them!
  • Options
    Awesome that Japan has 13 golds, I dont recall that they were so strong at Winter Olys.  Good for them!
    Russia is such a great country,  they don't even have a team.  
  • Options
    ROC.  Is that the third name they have had to go by recently?  Lol

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,518

Hey buddy....do you think Canada will crack into the top 10 today? Slovenia's breathing down your neck!

Can't find a better man!
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,422
    ROC.  Is that the third name they have had to go by recently?  Lol

4th. USSR/Unified Team/Russia/ROC

F Putin but kudos to the Russian gymnastics team - they earned their gold with mostly great performances.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 211
    People really criticizing a young girl for stepping out due to mental health in a sport they pretend to care about every 4 years
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    People really criticizing a young girl for stepping out due to mental health in a sport they pretend to care about every 4 years
    Is losing that edge really mental health though?  Being gun shy or just not having it in you may be mental toughness but is it really mental health?

Curious if the two are considered the same thing or not?

Either way, she didn't feel she had it and she did the right thing.  We should be criticizing our basketball team above everything else at the Olympics.
  • Options

We are a country of 36 million…so we do alright.  Whatever is your point?  Do you have point?  Could you find Canada on map? 
    Give Peas A Chance…