Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 195
    All I want for Christmas this year is the tour dates to finally get posted.
  • Options
    Radical idea/thought : how would react if they decided to stop touring and play four shows a month in Seattle and allow fans to come to them? Then you can play 15-20 tour dates every few years if they want to hit the road. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    the crowds would be terrible. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    Radical idea/thought : how would react if they decided to stop touring and play four shows a month in Seattle and allow fans to come to them? Then you can play 15-20 tour dates every few years if they want to hit the road. 
    No please. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    No please. 
    2nd this sentiment 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    demetrios said:
    No please. 
    2nd this sentiment 
    3rd.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    Heck no. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    This isn’t that far from what they do now? 15-20 shows every few years and some big ballpark shows for people to travel to?

I know it sucks for people who can’t swing the travel, and others don’t like it for some other reason, but it’s just the reality right now: if you want to see Pearl Jam you can’t just wait for them to come to you. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    This isn’t that far from what they do now? 15-20 shows every few years and some big ballpark shows for people to travel to?

I know it sucks for people who can’t swing the travel, and others don’t like it for some other reason, but it’s just the reality right now: if you want to see Pearl Jam you can’t just wait for them to come to you. 
    That’s why as much as I prefer them to tour, the fact that they don’t play that many shows I’d take ~30 shows a year in Seattle over what we’re getting now. They don’t play most parts of the country anyway so most are already traveling already. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    tdawe said:

that's different from becoming Seattle's weekly house band. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    I don’t think I would see many shows if they just played Seattle.  Travel is part of the fun and seeing new places.   Setting up shop in one city is the closest thing to retirement they could do without retiring.
  • Options
    tdawe said:

that's different from becoming Seattle's weekly house band. 
    Yes, a long-term residency in Seattle (or anywhere else) would be much worse, since none of the individual shows would be capital-e Events. I guess my point was that I don’t know what problems would be solved by this plan when it’s main features (you can travel to see them or wait for the closest stop on a brief tour every 2-3 years) are pretty much the status quo.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,635
    I think it would be cool for like 1 year.

Maybe if they did 2 nights per month in Seattle the next time they wanted to take an “off year” 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options

Also, side note, no insider info but I have a strong, strong feeling that Baltimore will be canceled.  The basketball tournament in Feb is the last event scheduled there until further notice.  I know its not the most popular place to play, but you have to think they would have at least one event scheduled there after the BBall tournament if they planned to remain open, especially with the number of tours being announced lately.

You're right, and at this point it doesn't require insider info: https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-baltimore-spending-board-royal-farms-deal-approved-20211124-ogdmxinpevdmhbrdd7fgqhykuq-story.html

Construction on the arena begins immediately after the basketball tournament.  If a PJ show is to happen in Baltimore, it will not be at the Royal Farms Arena--and honestly there isn't really anywhere else in a the city an act PJ's size can play, so unfortunately it doesn't seem as though Baltimore will get a show at all.

As a Baltimore ticket holder (and I hope as someone with a sense of fairness-although given my ticket holder status, I'm beyond biased), I really hope they'd just announce an alternate stop and everyone with Baltimore tickets just got tickets to that alternate shop, but that's a logistics problem they may not want to tackle.
  • Options
    Lost_And_No_GuideLost_And_No_Guide Posts: 72
    edited December 2021
    tdawe said:
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-baltimore-spending-board-royal-farms-deal-approved-20211124-ogdmxinpevdmhbrdd7fgqhykuq-story.html

I have to say, based on the way that article is written, it sounds like the Arena is planning on a full shutdown in February after the Basketball tournament.  They state that there was concern it wouldn't be finished in time to host the 2023 basketball tournament in Feb 2023.  If that is the case, I don't see how they would be ready to host a concert 3 months into an "aggressive" renovation if they don't think that they could host a basketball game even at the tail end of it.
    Again: hard to say without knowing the plans for exactly what will be happening when. For instance, the article notes that part of the renovation plan includes “ significant exterior upgrades, including balconies, a plaza, lighting and sidewalk improvements.” It’s possible that the facility could host events during times when that work is being conducted. I don’t know anything about how this sort of project typically works, let alone the specifics of this one in particular, but based on the information at hand I’m not ready to conclude that “renovations to begin in February” necessarily means “you can’t host a concert there in May.”
    it's not hard to say: there is absolutely no chance any entity is allowing 14,000 people into an active construction site, be it the municipality, the local police/security, event organizers, band, insurance company...none of them, and rightfully so, would ever sign off on that, regardless of where the construction is taking place
  • Options
    Hmm…

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,585
    Was it due to poor ticket sales?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,022
    Hmm…

Probably due to poor ticket sales since the renovation isn't scheduled to start until late Feb. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Hmm…

Probably due to poor ticket sales since the renovation isn't scheduled to start until late Feb. 
    Maybe so.  But as the eternal optimist I choose to believe the PJ promoter bought them out to make room for the Saturday PJ Baltimore show before the Reno's! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-baltimore-spending-board-royal-farms-deal-approved-20211124-ogdmxinpevdmhbrdd7fgqhykuq-story.html

I have to say, based on the way that article is written, it sounds like the Arena is planning on a full shutdown in February after the Basketball tournament.  They state that there was concern it wouldn't be finished in time to host the 2023 basketball tournament in Feb 2023.  If that is the case, I don't see how they would be ready to host a concert 3 months into an "aggressive" renovation if they don't think that they could host a basketball game even at the tail end of it.
    Again: hard to say without knowing the plans for exactly what will be happening when. For instance, the article notes that part of the renovation plan includes “ significant exterior upgrades, including balconies, a plaza, lighting and sidewalk improvements.” It’s possible that the facility could host events during times when that work is being conducted. I don’t know anything about how this sort of project typically works, let alone the specifics of this one in particular, but based on the information at hand I’m not ready to conclude that “renovations to begin in February” necessarily means “you can’t host a concert there in May.”
    it's not hard to say: there is absolutely no chance any entity is allowing 14,000 people into an active construction site, be it the municipality, the local police/security, event organizers, band, insurance company...none of them, and rightfully so, would ever sign off on that, regardless of where the construction is taking place
    I guess what I’m saying is that there is a potential difference between “renovation timeline has begun” and “whole arena is an ‘active construction site’”. I’m not saying that it’s going to happen, or more likely than not, or highly probable, or whatever - in fact between the references to an aggressive renovation schedule and the lack of any scheduled events after February, it seems the odds are against the show happening there in May. But I wouldn’t jump all the way to that conclusion just yet. 
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Just play a 3-day Memorial Day weekend at the Gorge!
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    edited December 2021
    I was scolded by a lady on staff at the Fox Theater in Atlanta recently over recording a song on my phone since their policy is no recording even though about 5 or so others in my section that I could see were clearly doing the same thing and she said nothing to them. And she did so by coming up to me and tapping my phone screen from over my shoulder to try to get it to stop recording. I actually couldn’t believe how bold she was about it. 

Anyways, that same show I saw two other workers just randomly picking and choosing people to enforce the mask policy with even though so many around were not wearing one. 

It was a very very strange pick and choose based on discretion policy enforcement. By the end of the night 85% werent wearing a mask and most were filming at some point lol.
    oh, the Fox Theater. I almost got into it with the box office person when I saw Nine Inch Nails there. I had ordered tickets on-line and never received my tickets so I reached out to the before before the show and they told me they would be sitting at will call. There was some miscommunication with that because when I got there they were voided (I think the original tickets??).. Anyway I think the box office person thought I was trying to scam my way in by trying to get extra tickets. This clearly wasn't the case. I work in customer service so I'm sympathetic to people in these roles. I know I would never treat my clients the way this lady did to me. I can't remember what she actually said, but I was floored. 

cool venue, though. 
    Post edited by Melzombie on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    Omicron looking like a motherfucker. Let's hope we don't have a repeat of spring 20' 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,853
    Omicron looking like a motherfucker. Let's hope we don't have a repeat of spring 20' 
    News from Pfizer today was positive at least that the booster neutralizes Omicron. Still too early to tell though how this will all play out. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    PJNB said:
    News from Pfizer today was positive at least that the booster neutralizes Omicron. Still too early to tell though how this will all play out. 

Yep. If PJ hopefully does make it up here in Canada in May or June, I'll be taking my booster shot in March.

"BioNTech and Pfizer said on Wednesday a three-shot course of their COVID-19 vaccine was able to neutralise the new Omicron variant in a laboratory test and they could deliver an Omicron-based vaccine in March 2022 if needed."

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,473
    Oh man.  I’ve been seeing on the news that symptoms aren’t as severe with Omicron. Did something change?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Oh man.  I’ve been seeing on the news that symptoms aren’t as severe with Omicron. Did something change?
    No. 
  • Options
    I'm extremely biased. I live in Seattle. 

The idea has definitely been teased
    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/nba/keyarena-renovation-group-strikes-unique-partnership-with-pearl-jam-live-nation/

It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. But in off tour years, why couldn't it be like Billy Joel at MSG?

Besides beer prices, Climate Pledge Arena is really great BTW. Saw the Foo Fighters there to open it, and the sound was great. Be aware though. The Oak View Group really really likes $. I can guarantee you the tixs will be expensive. They put in a billion + to build the arena. They are doing everything they can to make it back. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    *Not a doctor. I've heard more contagious but less deadly. So more "like" the flu. We just need hospital beds to open up. Once that happens...... Knock on wood we should be out of this.   
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 930
    please don't start with the fear mongering. Its an endemic. Again, the stock market is 6 months ahead. It tells the story and the story is 2022 getting back to pre-pandemic levels. This is from doctors and scientist, not CNN