2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,646
    Wish they confirmed the official NA 2022 dates right about now. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    demetrios said:
    Yep. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jefftjefft Posts: 650
    It would be nice
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Earthlings in February, makeup dates in May, Europe in June and July, Ed at Ohana in September. 

Aside from maybe a few ballparks in August or September, I'm not sure I see them adding many more shows in 2022. 
    Fall after Ohana will likely be leg 2. I am going to take a guess and say Canada is in November. 
    But it's a whole 'nother year. :(   

😂 perfectly placed
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,789
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Earthlings in February, makeup dates in May, Europe in June and July, Ed at Ohana in September. 

Aside from maybe a few ballparks in August or September, I'm not sure I see them adding many more shows in 2022. 
    Fall after Ohana will likely be leg 2. I am going to take a guess and say Canada is in November. 
    But it's a whole 'nother year. :(   

But it’s only one more season 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • JimmyV said:

Hold on with that ballpark statement.

The baseball team owners just locked their players out. If the labor dispute doesn't get resolved by the middle of February (when players begin reporting to spring training), the possibility exists of games being canceled.

If that happens, the shit hits the fan. You're then talking about a revised or shortened baseball schedule.

And if the schedule is shortened, it will have to be re-made like the 2020 schedule was.

And if THAT happens, then what happens to concerts if the teams decide in April that they'll need their stadium for two weeks in the middle of August that were previously available?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    demetrios said:

I kind of thought they might wait longer when Omicron news came out, but then the Eddie tour got announce, so who knows the thought processes at this point.
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,063
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:

I kind of thought they might wait longer when Omicron news came out, but then the Eddie tour got announce, so who knows the thought processes at this point.
     As of 2 weeks ago, the tour route was still being worked on and dates were not locked in. At least that was the case for MSG. 

can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Zod said:I kind of thought they might wait longer when Omicron news came out, but then the Eddie tour got announce, so who knows the thought processes at this point
    I was also surprised with the timing of the announcement of the EV tour.  Same guy/band who were first to cancel and last to reschedule.  I guess the insurance company will cover it if they have to cancel.  I would be interested to know what thresholds or escalation of a pandemic that was in place at the time of the announcement of a tour are covered by insurance.  I think we're all in uncharted territory here, legally and as a society.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,901
    Weird Al just announced 130 shows for 2022. PJ eat your heart out! Don't care who you are, that's an impressive amount of shows. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    JojoRice said:
    Weird Al just announced 130 shows for 2022. PJ eat your heart out! Don't care who you are, that's an impressive amount of shows. 

That's a crazy amount.  Either he really loves touring, or he needs some $$ ? :)

Or he's stuck in that zone where you only have so many years you can probably tour and you need to build the nestegg while you can.
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    JojoRice said:
    I have no shame admitting I am excited for this!
  • In a weird way I am glad this tour was postponed. I might be able to hit 3 shows because of the new dates. I am assuming (hoping) a decent amount of tix will be up for grabs to st louis and okc when they open fan to fan again. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    JimmyV said:

Hold on with that ballpark statement.

The baseball team owners just locked their players out. If the labor dispute doesn't get resolved by the middle of February (when players begin reporting to spring training), the possibility exists of games being canceled.

If that happens, the shit hits the fan. You're then talking about a revised or shortened baseball schedule.

And if the schedule is shortened, it will have to be re-made like the 2020 schedule was.

And if THAT happens, then what happens to concerts if the teams decide in April that they'll need their stadium for two weeks in the middle of August that were previously available?
    MLB always allows teams to request dates that teams are home and dates teams are away.  Having away games on days when the stadium is already scheduled for an event should not be an issue.

From what I understand, with the exception of Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day, these requests are almost always honored.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DM282158 said:
    Wasn’t Jeff quoted as saying “I don’t want to get into a situation of checking 18,000 vax cards every time”. Of course this was back in the early fall (Ohana and SeaHearNow) had checks. I paraphrase but just reminding and contributing to the discussion. 
    I was curious about what he actually meant by that. was he concerned about the logistics of performing these checks and starting to play to a half empty arena with the other half waiting to get scanned? or was he against the checking of vaxxed status at all? 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    DM282158 said:
    Wasn’t Jeff quoted as saying “I don’t want to get into a situation of checking 18,000 vax cards every time”. Of course this was back in the early fall (Ohana and SeaHearNow) had checks. I paraphrase but just reminding and contributing to the discussion. 
    I was curious about what he actually meant by that. was he concerned about the logistics of performing these checks and starting to play to a half empty arena with the other half waiting to get scanned? or was he against the checking of vaxxed status at all? 
    Great question. I wasn’t able to tell. 

It’s a logistical nightmare that’s for sure. A handful of ushers checking ID and cards of 18,000 people who are impatient waiting to get into venue and half in the bag. When they’re working for $12-$15 an hour. No thanks on that one. Don’t blame them one for bit for just saying “just get the hell in there”. 

I fully understand how venues need to do this given the times we’re in. But it’s the same as enforcing mask mandates on the same amount of people. Essentially impossible. 

Maybe Jeff was just being practical. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
    edited December 2021
    In my opinion, it needs to be stated again how international travel restrictions may very well have played heavily into the touring schedule. The band knows thousands of fans buy tickets from abroad. Without the allowance to travel to the US from foreign countries; lots of fans are shit out of luck and many tickets having to be given back. Sucks from an ethical standpoint point as well as a business perspective. 

Jeff even stated that for the Toronto show, specifically, that Ten Club fans from 7 different countries bought tickets. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:

It’s a logistical nightmare that’s for sure. A handful of ushers checking ID and cards of 18,000 people who are impatient waiting to get into venue and half in the bag. When they’re working for $12-$15 an hour. No thanks on that one. Don’t blame them one for bit for just saying “just get the hell in there”. 

I fully understand how venues need to do this given the times we’re in. But it’s the same as enforcing mask mandates on the same amount of people. Essentially impossible. 

It's actually not a logistical nightmare at all. Winnipeg Blue Bombers (local CFL team) started doing this in the summer. People would form long lines for bag checks/ticket scans, as normal, which have always been pretty quick and painless, and they had extra staff (that's the key) starting earlier on in the line checking vax cards/ID's. it literally had zero effect on wait times to get in. 

now, if someone was found not to be fully vaxxed, I don't know how they handled it. did they alert security to not allow them in? did they ask they remove themselves from the line and go home? not sure. but it was a seamless procedure, and no significant infection spikes after games of 30,000 people sitting together, getting beers/hot dogs/shouting/whistling/etc. 

it can be done. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:

It's actually not a logistical nightmare at all. Winnipeg Blue Bombers (local CFL team) started doing this in the summer. People would form long lines for bag checks/ticket scans, as normal, which have always been pretty quick and painless, and they had extra staff (that's the key) starting earlier on in the line checking vax cards/ID's. it literally had zero effect on wait times to get in. 

now, if someone was found not to be fully vaxxed, I don't know how they handled it. did they alert security to not allow them in? did they ask they remove themselves from the line and go home? not sure. but it was a seamless procedure, and no significant infection spikes after games of 30,000 people sitting together, getting beers/hot dogs/shouting/whistling/etc. 

it can be done. 
    100%. The structure of it for sure. 
    What I meant was genuinely, actually checking cards and ID’s. The TD Garden in Boston doesn’t exactly verify to the enth degree… for one example anyway. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,624
    edited December 2021
    Yeah TD Garden "checking" ID cards was about a half of a second glance at an iPhone picture, at least that was the case for the TOP show in October

Also, side note, no insider info but I have a strong, strong feeling that Baltimore will be canceled.  The basketball tournament in Feb is the last event scheduled there until further notice.  I know its not the most popular place to play, but you have to think they would have at least one event scheduled there after the BBall tournament if they planned to remain open, especially with the number of tours being announced lately.

My prediction:
    May - USA shows starting West and ending East plus added night at MSG; Baltimore canceled
    Fall - Canada plus second USA Leg

Figuring out if the South America shows in September are legit or not are the key to the rest of 2022
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    DM282158 said:
    In my opinion, it needs to be stated again how international travel restrictions may very well have played heavily into the touring schedule. The band knows thousands of fans buy tickets from abroad. Without the allowance to travel to the US from foreign countries; lots of fans are shit out of luck and many tickets having to be given back. Sucks from an ethical standpoint point as well as a business perspective. 

Jeff even stated that for the Toronto show, specifically, that Ten Club fans from 7 different countries bought tickets. 
    We don’t think we can sell out these shows nationally?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    DM282158 said:

I’m sure they would in minutes. But I feel like the band would feel terrible having to force the hands of fans from foreign countries with tickets who can no longer attend due to reasons outside of their control. 

Plus as it relates to public health issues that dictate international travel restrictions. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
    edited December 2021
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:

I’m sure they would in minutes. But I feel like the band would feel terrible having to force the hands of fans from foreign countries with tickets who can no longer attend due to reasons outside of their control. 

Plus as it relates to public health issues that dictate international travel restrictions. 
    I don’t really see that as the band’s concern. They play internationally, abroad fans will have a chance to see them. 

I wouldn’t want them scheduling their Europe/Australia/South America shows around whether or not people from the US can come.
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:

I don’t really see that as the band’s concern. They play internationally, abroad fans will have a chance to see them. 

I wouldn’t want them scheduling their Europe shows around whether or not people from the US can come.
    Totally hear ya. Could you imagine the anarchy on this forum if fans from US couldn’t get to Europe shows due to travel restrictions? 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:

I wouldn’t want them scheduling their Europe shows around whether or not people from the US can come.
    Totally hear ya. Could you imagine the anarchy on this forum if fans from US couldn’t get to Europe shows due to travel restrictions? 
    If there were European travel restrictions for Americans how could the band and their crew get there?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    ddeschler said:
    Zod said:I kind of thought they might wait longer when Omicron news came out, but then the Eddie tour got announce, so who knows the thought processes at this point
    I was also surprised with the timing of the announcement of the EV tour.  Same guy/band who were first to cancel and last to reschedule.  I guess the insurance company will cover it if they have to cancel.  I would be interested to know what thresholds or escalation of a pandemic that was in place at the time of the announcement of a tour are covered by insurance.  I think we're all in uncharted territory here, legally and as a society.
    The US is not shutting down again for Covid.  My opinion, but I can’t imagine it happening. The prior shutdown only delayed the inevitable. The public will not support it 
    ddeschler said:
    Zod said:I kind of thought they might wait longer when Omicron news came out, but then the Eddie tour got announce, so who knows the thought processes at this point
    The US is not shutting down again for Covid.  My opinion, but I can’t imagine it happening. The prior shutdown only delayed the inevitable. The public will not support it 

Except a lot of it is done at the state level.  If Omicron does pose a problem, I would gather the response would be different state by state.   America is far from a cohesive unit on this front.
    uglybabo said:
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:

If there were European travel restrictions for Americans how could the band and their crew get there?
    Haha great point. Touché. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    uglybabo said:
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:

I know it's not your point, but there have always been exceptions if your job requires you to travel.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,646
    Could use those fixed North American 2022 dates right about now.