Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006 said:
    I don't understand all these "chill out" comments. people are excited about the upcoming tour announcement. speculating is part of the fun. 
    I hear you. 
    The speculating, the insanity of getting tickets, the travel plans etc. Are all part of the fun.

For 20 years my friends and I are always the same.
    Im not going to any shows
    Im going to all the shows
    Did you get tickets?
    Did this person get tickets? 
    Oh fuck who needs tickets? 
    Where are we staying?
    Should we fly the day of?
    Should we leave the day before?
    OH FUCK! Did you see how much airfare just went up?  I knew we should have booked earlier! 
    Fuck the Sheraton just sold out! Are there rooms at the Hilton? 
    ETC.
    ETC. 

Im 56 years old. 
    It never gets old.
    I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!!

Yup. I enjoy that part of it as well.
    And this time around? 
    For me?
    Its going to be fucking smooth sailing. 
    No worries about vacation time. Which has always been hit or miss, since the wife and I are always doing our Disney World trip, and she has her yearly trip to Mexico with her family. 
    This year there is no Disney trip, the wife is doing Europe and Mexico with her sister. Which leaves me with 3 weeks vacation to do whatever the hell I please! 

Its a beautiful thing!

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    I have not received a TM notice nor do I have my 10C tix in my "tickets' section anymore.  Wrote to 10c about that.  Hope they didn't magically disappear.
    The lottery for the 2020 shows was done entirely through Ticketmaster so the 10C tickets for this tour were never shown in the My Tickets section here. Check your Ticketmaster account.
    I am soooo glad you said this @kasedoug I had forgot that this went through TM!  So I went to my account and my Tix aren't there either...  I look through emails and find my tix, it says "action Needed".  I click on them and they are still valid.  Thank goodness.

Balt, MD GA still secured!

Woo hoo.
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    I have not received a TM notice nor do I have my 10C tix in my "tickets' section anymore.  Wrote to 10c about that.  Hope they didn't magically disappear.
    The lottery for the 2020 shows was done entirely through Ticketmaster so the 10C tickets for this tour were never shown in the My Tickets section here. Check your Ticketmaster account.
    I am soooo glad you said this @kasedoug I had forgot that this went through TM!  So I went to my account and my Tix aren't there either...  I look through emails and find my tix, it says "action Needed".  I click on them and they are still valid.  Thank goodness.

Woo hoo.
    Still Secured

I bet you were thrilled to read those 2 words! 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

Woo hoo.
    Still Secured

I bet you were thrilled to read those 2 words! 
    Damn right I was!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    If they are going to announce the rumored Fall dates at the same time as the rescheduled shows in January, getting some rumors about those cities would be fun right about now. Columbus?  Indy?  Grand Rapids?  Milwaukee?  I wonder if any or all make the cut.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,022
    Atlanta is long overdue. Just saying. Also Houston. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    JojoRice said:
    ATL would be awesome
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    JojoRice said:
    Yes to both.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,807
    bbiggs said:
    If they are going to announce the rumored Fall dates at the same time as the rescheduled shows in January, getting some rumors about those cities would be fun right about now. Columbus?  Indy?  Grand Rapids?  Milwaukee?  I wonder if any or all make the cut.
    Pittsburgh
    Cleveland/ Columbus 
    Wrigley Field 
    Milwaukee  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    bbiggs said:
    Pittsburgh
    Cleveland/ Columbus 
    Wrigley Field 
    Milwaukee  
    I would probably hit 3 out of 4 of these, if true.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    bbiggs said:
    I would love that, or Louisville.
  • Options
    Spring or fall for the Canadian leg: doesn’t matter, we’ll be ready. We’ll all have a fifth dose of vaccine by then and proof of vaccination will be a 10-page booklet. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 713
    PJNB said:
    Maybe Canada is in the fall with a coast to coast tour after leg 2 happens?
    I hope so!! Not sure I can make it the LA shows now. At least some west coast Canada shows would be nice. 
  • Options
    DC please and thank you. No PJ here since 2010
  • Options
    Spring or fall for the Canadian leg: doesn’t matter, we’ll be ready. We’ll all have a fifth dose of vaccine by then and proof of vaccination will be a 10-page booklet. 

LOL.  Probably not far off.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    add Stone's I Need Something Different to the set. Fucking open with that banger. I don't care if it's Ed or Stone on vocals. I dig that song. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    add Stone's I Need Something Different to the set. Fucking open with that banger. I don't care if it's Ed or Stone on vocals. I dig that song. 
    Yes
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Yes, Louisville is long overdue!
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Were the Europe dates rescheduled at the same venues?

Presumably there are contracts in place, and shows will be re-booked in the same locations.  No?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I think someone once indicated that there is a problem with the Louisville venue from a business or administrative perspective.  I can’t recall what it was.  But there’s always Cincinnati, Lexington, Indianapolis etc.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    Were the Europe dates rescheduled at the same venues?

Presumably there are contracts in place, and shows will be re-booked in the same locations.  No?
    Europe venues did not change - mind you with the numbers in Europe who knows what will happen with those shows.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    JR86440 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Did anyone else not get the Ticketmaster update email that some have posted? I can see my ticket still so I am not worried, but I am curious
    I didn’t for okc. 
    I didn’t for Nashville either
    I did for Nashville. Don't know if it makes a difference, but i've got TM tix, not 10C.
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    edited November 2021
    DM282158 said:
    Not to sound like “that guy” as I do truly believe this band puts Art before Commerce (ABC as Ed says). Lowest ticket prices for a large scale band, true dedication to its fan base, amongst other things. 

But it’s probably no coincidence that the only shows they played were festivals owned or partly owned by one of its members and one of their friends/contractors. 

Again, not to be that guy. And I can’t wait to get on the plane to Toronto.  But there is a business to this whole thing. 
    I think a lot of members on this site would argue with the band being an art before commerce band. Just look at the merch situation 
    I would 100% argue this band has not put Art before Commerce, probably for a lot longer than most of us are willing to admit.

To their credit, they grew this thing from the ground up into a huge operation and community.

And to their sometimes discredit, they too often try to run this operation and communicate with their fan community like a Mom and Pop shop.

I enjoy their live shows and get excited when there's new music, but they aren't still the Little Seattle Band Who Could.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    with the machine as big as it is, the commerce is an essential component of the art now. it just plain doesn't exist without it. this is the reality for all bands post-napster. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Everyone just needs to R-E-L-A-X
    If they've announced they're starting the tour again in May - they're going to actually start the tour in May.  They'll take into consideration arenas who have hockey/basketball playing as well.  But the tour will go from March-forward, no doubt. And it will be the same arenas as originally scheduled as someone mentioned.. it would be a logistical nightmare to do it otherwise.

Just wait for the announcement all! Oh!  And a wrinkle.. I'd 100% expect that you're going to provide proof of COVID vaccine or a recent negative test to get in the door.
    Agree wholeheartedly - it’ll work out eventually.  But people going to Toronto, NYC, or Denver should know that those cities may have 2 teams’ unpredictable playoff schedules competing for dates. It’s unlikely this will be a problem, but it has happened before. 

With the Knicks and the Leafs involved, though, late May should have plenty of openings. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    Spring or fall for the Canadian leg: doesn’t matter, we’ll be ready. We’ll all have a fifth dose of vaccine by then and proof of vaccination will be a 10-page booklet

Lol
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    Lostpawn said:
    If they've announced they're starting the tour again in May - they're going to actually start the tour in May.  They'll take into consideration arenas who have hockey/basketball playing as well.  But the tour will go from March-forward, no doubt. And it will be the same arenas as originally scheduled as someone mentioned.. it would be a logistical nightmare to do it otherwise.

Just wait for the announcement all! Oh!  And a wrinkle.. I'd 100% expect that you're going to provide proof of COVID vaccine or a recent negative test to get in the door.
    Agree wholeheartedly - it’ll work out eventually.  But people going to Toronto, NYC, or Denver should know that those cities may have 2 teams’ unpredictable playoff schedules competing for dates. It’s unlikely this will be a problem, but it has happened before. 

With the Knicks and the Leafs involved, though, late May should have plenty of openings. 
    Knicks currently doing their level best to take care of us here. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,691
    You guys are in for a real treat because now you  can add:

Will I test negative for covid and be allowed to travel internationally??!!?? to the excitement!

:) 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,780
    So with the EV album releasing early Feb, is it too early to place bets on a spring solo/Earthlings tour? :prayer:
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,207
    tdawe said:
    Lostpawn said:

Knicks currently doing their level best to take care of us here. 
    Yeah zero worry about MSG date being bumped for NBA playoffs :lol:
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22