Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    PJNB said:
    Toronto was the only time I’ve ever seen a concert be moved because of a playoff game. For years I have wondered why there is a random 2 or 3 day break during a playoff series and it’s always because of a concert. Most of the venues they are playing have i teams in the playoff hunt, can’t imagine they’re scheduling with these arenas in May unless PJ has priority. 
    I think if the next team is waiting or the other round is done plays a role too. If it was the first or second game of the series I bet it is much easier to move.  Bottom line though is the NBA and NHL gets the final especially with TV deals. 

Team A vs Team B winner plays winner of
    Team C vs Team D.

If A/B finishes in four and if C/D finishes in five, they'll still wait. If those are the last four teams, there could be a week before the finals.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,523
    No ticketmaster email for Oakland.
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Hey all. Some thoughts:

1 - It’s amazing how much things have changed since we bought these tickets. When the tickets went on sale I lived in Miami. I bought tickets for Denver because I have friends there I could visit. Fast forward to now - I live in Denver. So I guess I don’t have to worry about travel!

2 - I did get the Ticketmaster email for Denver. I have tickets in the pit from Ten Club and some higher level seats that I bought through Ticketmaster verified fan for some friends. Not sure if the email I received was in response to one or the other or both of these purchases.

3 - Arena conflicts can absolutely result in high profile concerts being stepped on. This happened to a friend who was going to see Garth Brooks in Tampa several years back. The Lightning playoff schedule bumped a concert that sold out nearly instantly. 

4 - Denver will be tricky. The Avalanche (NHL) and the Nuggets (will both be by be in the playoffs in May. So they will already have to resolve conflicts with each other. Oh, and the arena owner also owns those teams. I fully expect them to have priority over PJ.
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    R
  • Options
    Did anyone else not get the Ticketmaster update email that some have posted? I can see my ticket still so I am not worried, but I am curious
    I got it for certain shows but not for two others that I have tickets to.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    I have not received a TM notice nor do I have my 10C tix in my "tickets' section anymore.  Wrote to 10c about that.  Hope they didn't magically disappear.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    I wouldn't sweat the TM emails.  I have not received anything from them (3 shows), either in my inbox or spam folder.  Not going to give it a second thought. 
  • Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 271
    edited November 2021
    ddeschler said:
    Any chance they're moving these to May to switch around some venues and play some/all of these outdoors?
    Zero percent. Logistical nightmare 
    I don't know, I think there might be some possibility of this.  According to the website for Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, the latest event currently scheduled is the CIAA basketball tournament on Feb. 22 -26.  There are also currently talks of a renovation project for the arena and I just read an article about that said the below. 

The work to overhaul the 60-year-old downtown landmark could begin by next spring after the 2022 CIAA Basketball Tournament is played in Baltimore,

So, if they begin renovations on the arena at the end of February, will it be done in time for PJ to play there some time in May???  Or, will this show get moved to a different Baltimore venue?
    Post edited by rey on
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    I received emails for shows I refunded, that was nice of them I guess?
  • Options
    IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 558
    edited November 2021
    Everyone just needs to R-E-L-A-X
    If they've announced they're starting the tour again in May - they're going to actually start the tour in May.  They'll take into consideration arenas who have hockey/basketball playing as well.  But the tour will go from March-forward, no doubt. And it will be the same arenas as originally scheduled as someone mentioned.. it would be a logistical nightmare to do it otherwise.

Just wait for the announcement all! Oh!  And a wrinkle.. I'd 100% expect that you're going to provide proof of COVID vaccine or a recent negative test to get in the door.
    Post edited by IlliniGuy76 on
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,587
    Everyone just needs to R-E-L-A-X
    If they've announced they're starting the tour again in March - they're going to actually start the tour in March.  They'll take into consideration arenas who have hockey/basketball playing as well.  But the tour will go from March-forward, no doubt. And it will be the same arenas as originally scheduled as someone mentioned.. it would be a logistical nightmare to do it otherwise.

Just wait for the announcement all! Oh!  And a wrinkle.. I'd 100% expect that you're going to provide proof of COVID vaccine or a recent negative test to get in the door.
    May, not March. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    edited November 2021
    rey said:
    ddeschler said:
    Any chance they're moving these to May to switch around some venues and play some/all of these outdoors?
    Zero percent. Logistical nightmare 
    I don't know, I think there might be some possibility of this.  According to the website for Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, the latest event currently scheduled is the CIAA basketball tournament on Feb. 22 -26.  There are also currently talks of a renovation project for the arena and I just read an article about that said the below. 

The work to overhaul the 60-year-old downtown landmark could begin by next spring after the 2022 CIAA Basketball Tournament is played in Baltimore,

So, if they begin renovations on the arena at the end of February, will it be done in time for PJ to play there some time in May???  Or, will this show get moved to a different Baltimore venue?
    The shows wont move venues, that is truly a logistical nightmare.  

The incredibly more likely scenario would be starting the shows (again, the email says these shows will START) in May.  Start on the West coast, like Oakland or LA, play for a few weeks and knock most of them out.  Move Baltimore and MSG to the fall leg with what surely will be added east coast and more nights at MSG.  Canada in the fall as well.  This minimizes playoff hockey and basketball risk as well as gives the band a chance to rest before Europe.

It's incredibly likely we could get the entire years worth of dates announced in early 2022, with new dates both in the spring (potentially) and the fall, much more likely than them creating even more logistical problems than moving venues around.  
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    I’ve read some folks worrying about their North America plans in June/July. 

The boys will be across the pond then, so you can pencil in summer plans for now. 
  • Options
    RR258111RR258111 São Paulo, Brazil Posts: 59
    Finally, thanks for checking in PJ!  Let the date speculation and rough planning begin!

So looking at the 2020 vs. 2022 calendar, the first NA show was scheduled for Wednesday, March 18th, 2020 and the last (17th) was scheduled 32 days later on Sunday, April 19th, 2020.

If they start in early May and conclude with enough time to get packed up and in Europe for the June 14th show, and try to replicate the 2020 timeframe, including day of the week the shows were on, and same days off between shows, then below would be the schedule (1st show - Wednesday, May 4th...32 days later...last (17th) show - Sunday, June 5th):

*** NOT CONFIRMED...JUST MY BEST GUESS ***

(if anyone has info on the venues already being booked for something else these days, please comment)

01) Toronto - 5/4
    02) Ottawa - 5/6
    03) Quebec City - 5/8
    04) Hamilton - 5/10
    05) NYC - 5/12
    06) Baltimore - 5/14
    07) NYC - 5/16
    08) Nashville - 5/19
    09) St. Louis - 5/21
    10) OKC - 5/23
    11) Denver - 5/26
    12) PHX - 5/28
    13) SD - 5/30
    14) LA - 6/1
    15) LA - 6/2
    16) Oakland - 6/4
    17) Oakland - 6/5
    There is also a chance they go west to east to end on the east coast before traveling to Europe 
    makes more sense from the logistic side to move from west to east.... let´s see...

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,03) SP, Brazil (12,02,05), SP, Brazil (12,03,05) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,11),  SP, Brazil (11,04,11), SP, Brazil (03,31,13), SP, Brazil (11,14,15), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,16), Miami, FL (04,09,16), SP,Brazil(03,24,18)Chicago, IL(08,18,18), Chicago, IL(08,20,18), San Diego, CA (05,03,22), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/22), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/22) , Oakland, CA(05/12/22), Los Angeles,CA (05/21/24), Los Angeles,CA(05/22/24) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

• Options
    No Ticketbastard emails yet... not at all worried. Tickets are in my wallet and TB Account. 

Chill folks. Will be all good. :) 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    No Ticketbastard emails yet... not at all worried. Tickets are in my wallet and TB Account. 

Chill folks. Will be all good. :) 
    same
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    I have not received a TM notice nor do I have my 10C tix in my "tickets' section anymore.  Wrote to 10c about that.  Hope they didn't magically disappear.
    The lottery for the 2020 shows was done entirely through Ticketmaster so the 10C tickets for this tour were never shown in the My Tickets section here. Check your Ticketmaster account.
  • Options
    My guess is with Weston.  Mid-January announcement for 2022 Us Tour Legs 1 and 2.  Both legs contain rescheduled 2020s and add more midwest, east and then comes home west.  I would think they would knock out as many of the reschdules in leg 1 as as they can, but if adding dates, such as rumored Raleigh NC make up, Philly, Chicago, Boston, it makes sense to sprinkle in the 2020s like Baltimore, Nashville, MSG, etc.  Also Someone can correct me if Im wrong, but most US festivals announce in Jan Feb.  Could put ACL and others in play.  Just my two cents.  Glad for the update.
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    The tour is North American 2022.  Starting in May.  They could play  10 shows in May, head to Europe,comeback and play the rest.  Regardless it's nice to hear something.
  • Options
    jefft said:
    The tour is North American 2022.  Starting in May.  They could play  10 shows in May, head to Europe,comeback and play the rest.  Regardless it's nice to hear something.
    Agreed, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the NA shows are after Europe.  The announcement said "We are confirming that the previously scheduled shows in North America will start in May 2022.".  It doesn't say that all of the previously scheduled NA shows will be played in May.  
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited November 2021
    Don't understand why some folks seem to be convinced they'll split up the dates. 

Original NA Tour dates were 17 shows in 32 days. 

If they start May 1st (hypothetically), 32 days puts them at June 2nd... giving them a week and a half to recharge before the Jun 14th show in the Netherlands. 

Certainly possible they split it up, but it's very possible to fit the NA Tour in before the Euro Run.

IMO (pure speculation, albeit logical) IF they do split it up, they will split up the US (13 shows) / CAN (4 shows) dates into two legs. 

Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Don't understand why some folks seem to be convinced they'll split up the dates. 

If they start May 1st (hypothetically), 32 days puts them at June 2nd... giving them a week and a half to recharge before the Jun 14th show in the Netherlands. 

Certainly possible they split it up, but it's very possible to fit the NA Tour in before the Euro Run. IMO (pure speculation, albeit logical) IF they do split it up, they will split up the US / CAN dates into two legs. 
    I'm certainly not convinced they will split up the dates, but I think it is definitely a possibility.  Yes, the original tour was 17 shows in 32 days so it's very possible they could play them all before Europe.  However, the originally scheduled shows were based on venue availability (among other things) at that particular time.  To me, it seems like it might be difficult to get all of these shows scheduled in the same venues in an order that makes sense logistically (travel-wise) in the same 32-day window.  Plus, being that the rescheduled shows will be in the month of May you also have the uncertainty of arena availability due to the unknown NBA & NHL playoff schedules.  Can it be done?  Of course, but it could be difficult.  We'll just have to wait until early next year to see how it shakes out.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    I don't understand all these "chill out" comments. people are excited about the upcoming tour announcement. speculating is part of the fun. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,043
    Maybe Canada is in the fall with a coast to coast tour after leg 2 happens?
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,086
    I'm not an NBA or NHL fan so I hope the teams that play in these venues don't make the playoffs.  Not trying to sound rude or ugly.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,946
    edited November 2021
    I am not in the know on NHL/NBA playoff schedules. However, i'd find it hard to believe that the leagues don't have schedule holds for every building for every round. By having that, it would allow arenas to schedule concerts and other events on a limited basis. 

There are already events in some of these arenas in the month of May. I don't think it will matter if the team in that specific building makes the playoffs or not. Shows (not just PJ) likely already have holds in place around the dates the league has provided to be available. 
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    edited November 2021
    PJNB said:
    Maybe Canada is in the fall with a coast to coast tour after leg 2 happens?
    book it! 2005 was fun!
  • Options
    rey said:

Certainly possible they split it up, but it's very possible to fit the NA Tour in before the Euro Run. IMO (pure speculation, albeit logical) IF they do split it up, they will split up the US / CAN dates into two legs. 
    I'm certainly not convinced they will split up the dates, but I think it is definitely a possibility.  Yes, the original tour was 17 shows in 32 days so it's very possible they could play them all before Europe.  However, the originally scheduled shows were based on venue availability (among other things) at that particular time.  To me, it seems like it might be difficult to get all of these shows scheduled in the same venues in an order that makes sense logistically (travel-wise) in the same 32-day window.  Plus, being that the rescheduled shows will be in the month of May you also have the uncertainty of arena availability due to the unknown NBA & NHL playoff schedules.  Can it be done?  Of course, but it could be difficult.  We'll just have to wait until early next year to see how it shakes out.  
    I'd be happy with a split in order to have some of my NA shows before Euro and some after.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,918
    edited November 2021
    I don't understand all these "chill out" comments. people are excited about the upcoming tour announcement. speculating is part of the fun. 
    I hear you. 
    The speculating, the insanity of getting tickets, the travel plans etc. Are all part of the fun.

For 20 years my friends and I are always the same.
    Im not going to any shows
    Im going to all the shows
    Did you get tickets?
    Did this person get tickets? 
    Oh fuck who needs tickets? 
    Where are we staying?
    Should we fly the day of?
    Should we leave the day before?
    OH FUCK! Did you see how much airfare just went up?  I knew we should have booked earlier! 
    Fuck the Sheraton just sold out! Are there rooms at the Hilton? 
    ETC.
    ETC. 

Im 56 years old. 
    It never gets old.
    I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!!

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    I hear you. 
    The speculating, the insanity of getting tickets, the travel plans etc. Are all part of the fun.

For 20 years my friends and I are always the same.
    Im not going to any shows
    Im going to all the shows
    Did you get tickets?
    Did this person get tickets? 
    Oh fuck who needs tickets? 
    Where are we staying?
    Should we fly the day of?
    Should we leave the day before?
    OH FUCK! Did you see how much airfare just went up?  I knew we should have booked earlier! 
    Fuck the Sheraton just sold out! Are there rooms at the Hilton? 
    ETC.
    ETC. 

Im 56 years old. 
    It never gets old.
    I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!!

Yup. I enjoy that part of it as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com