Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    Doing all 16 shows in May/early June still gives them nearly two weeks before the Euro leg.  They had planned on 16 shows in 33 days for 2020. Nothing to say they can't do it again. 

Will the NBA/NHL attempt to work around concerts that are scheduled prior to the playoff schedule being announced? Or is it vice versa? I remember them getting bumped in Toronto one year but it doesn't seem to be a common occurrence.   
    I think the NBA/NHL always has playoff priority over any other events happening at that time in their arenas. Hopefully there's flexibility built in just in case. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    So glad it's happening in May, and not March & April.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    First thoughts May is way better for travel and way better for Covid numbers. Still wish it was February as the sooner the better but knowing the date is fantastic to finally know. Now if someone wants to leak if Canada is at the start or end that would be great! 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    edited November 2021

I'm with you all.

From Seattle to Toronto.
    Tour
    From Oakland to Europe

OR

From Seattle to Oakland
    Tour
    From Toronto to Europe

What makes more sense?

Look at USA 2010. It started in New Orleans and wound south and east of the Great Lakes and ended up at the east coast.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    First thoughts May is way better for travel and way better for Covid numbers. Still wish it was February as the sooner the better but knowing the date is fantastic to finally know. Now if someone wants to leak if Canada is at the start or end that would be great! 
    I'm hoping the end, makes it easier if Toronto is after my kids are out of school for the summer 
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    Who is usually spot on guessing dates? whatcha got?
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Doing all 16 shows in May/early June still gives them nearly two weeks before the Euro leg.  They had planned on 16 shows in 33 days for 2020. Nothing to say they can't do it again. 

Will the NBA/NHL attempt to work around concerts that are scheduled prior to the playoff schedule being announced? Or is it vice versa? I remember them getting bumped in Toronto one year but it doesn't seem to be a common occurrence.   
    I think the NBA/NHL always has playoff priority over any other events happening at that time in their arenas. Hopefully there's flexibility built in just in case. 

TV paid a fuckton for that air time.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,542
    edited November 2021
    Toronto was the only time I’ve ever seen a concert be moved because of a playoff game. For years I have wondered why there is a random 2 or 3 day break during a playoff series and it’s always because of a concert. Most of the venues they are playing have teams in the playoff hunt, can’t imagine they’re scheduling with these arenas in May unless PJ has priority. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Toronto was the only time I’ve ever seen a concert be moved because of a playoff game. For years I have wondered why there is a random 2 or 3 day break during a playoff series and it’s always because of a concert. Most of the venues they are playing have i teams in the playoff hunt, can’t imagine they’re scheduling with these arenas in May unless PJ has priority. 
    I think if the next team is waiting or the other round is done plays a role too. If it was the first or second game of the series I bet it is much easier to move.  Bottom line though is the NBA and NHL gets the final especially with TV deals. 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 758
    Toronto was the only time I’ve ever seen a concert be moved because of a playoff game. For years I have wondered why there is a random 2 or 3 day break during a playoff series and it’s always because of a concert. Most of the venues they are playing have teams in the playoff hunt, can’t imagine they’re scheduling with these arenas in May unless PJ has priority. 
    If I were to guess.... that date at Scotiabank Air Canada Centre Arena was extremely cheap because the Raptors had a tentative hold on it depending on playoff success or length of series. Pearl Jam probably took it with a bump clause on the date (which happened). 
  • Options
    DE4173DE4173 Posts: 321
    edited November 2021
    Only booked date so far in May at Paycom Center in OKC is the 16th
    Post edited by DE4173 on
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Options
    DL3031DL3031 Posts: 21
    For what it's worth, MSG is unavailable on May 14 (Billy Joel), May 20 (Eric Church), June 10 (Billy Joel). NBA Playoffs scheduled to begin 4/16/22, NHL playoffs 5/2/22...
  • Options
    DL3031 said:
    For what it's worth, MSG is unavailable on May 14 (Billy Joel), May 20 (Eric Church), June 10 (Billy Joel). NBA Playoffs scheduled to begin 4/16/22, NHL playoffs 5/2/22...
    I have tickets for the original MSG dates, and I have to plan for a month of field work abroad, which is supposed to be June 1 to Jul 1. Not announcing dates until early 2022 is going to f*ck with a lot of people's scheduled plans.
  • Options
    Lots of possible dates in play here. March was much easier to guess. Maybe we will get some leaks from arena workers in the next month. 
  • Options
    DL3031 said:
    Exactly my point. There’s no way those Billy Joel shows will be moved because of a playoff game, even though he plays there 20x a year. When the Rangers have been in the playoffs over the last 15 years, there’s always a random 2-3 day break during one of the series and it’s because MSG has an event booked. Trust me. There’s been two day breaks between games 6 and 7 before.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    Any chance they're moving these to May to switch around some venues and play some/all of these outdoors?
    Zero percent. Logistical nightmare 
  • Options
    I agree the leagues can usually work around a few concert dates.  Also not every city is affected.  Quebec and Hamilton arenas aren’t NBA/NHL.  Neither is LA/Oakland/SD.  Or Baltimore.  Ottawa is NHL only and very unlikely they make the playoffs.  OKC is NBA only.  That’s > half the tour right there.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    They probably moved it to May cause they know the Leafs won’t be playing meaningful games by then… 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    They probably moved it to May cause they know the Leafs won’t be playing meaningful games by then… and

• Options
    drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    Me too! Stone sounds psyched to play after hearing him on that podcast. And working on new music? Great news!

It will be here before we know it!
    Hadn’t heard this about new music in the works. Thanks for sharing this amazing news!
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    JojoRice said:
    Also, what about any EV solo/Earthlings shows?  Any chance of those happening before May?

For Earthings I would guess Chad Smith would be with RHCP rehearsing for that stadium tour starting early in the year. Maybe Klinghoffer would still be with RHCP too? Not sure on their relationship status these days.
  • Options
    QC/Videotron Centre only has Monster Trucks on May 7 for the month of May.
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    QC/Videotron Centre only has Monster Trucks on May 7 for the month of May.
    Hoping PJ is the 6 or 8 then so I could have a 2-nighter in QC!
  • Options
    Wow, I personally got really lucky with this new timeframe.  I have tons of other things booked between now and May 2nd, and then my calendar is completely free for the rest of May and all of June.  Have tickets for all four west cost shows in San Diego, LA and Oakland.  
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    My brother has a “wedding” (one of the COVID weddings where they actually got married a year and a half ago - and already have a kid! - but will now finally be doing the big party) scheduled for May 2021. I spent some time today trying to craft a joke about how I couldn’t commit to attending my own brother’s wedding until PJ dates were announced, but now I’m laughing to myself at the thought of MSG being scheduled on the same night, and drunkenly hassling my brother every ten minutes with updates from the fan views/set list thread. “Oh man they played Breath! Ugh this sucks!” And so forth. 
  • Options
    Did anyone else not get the Ticketmaster update email that some have posted? I can see my ticket still so I am not worried, but I am curious
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,463
    I'm guessing you guys are ahead of me on this, but just saw this...
    https://variety.com/2021/music/news/pearl-jam-rescheduled-tour-dates-2022-1235113537/

Not many details

I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    Did anyone else not get the Ticketmaster update email that some have posted? I can see my ticket still so I am not worried, but I am curious
    I didn’t for okc. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 737
    ComeToTX said:
    I didn’t for okc. 
    I didn’t for Nashville either
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 408
    Ya I only got email for Balt