Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,346
    JimmyV said:
    UPDATE: That emoji doesn't look like a PJ reference. 

May be an image of footwear and text that says bostoncalling 3m ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW NOON

Hmm
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,961
    NIN it is 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2022
    Harry Styles? Lizzo? Jonas Brothers?
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Did Jazz Fest Announce Foo Replacement.  Could borrow uncle pete's equipment and do a little tune up before san diego
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    wbutler29 said:
    Did Jazz Fest Announce Foo Replacement.  Could borrow uncle pete's equipment and do a little tune up before san diego
    I don't believe any festivals have yet. At least none that I know of. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2022
    dankind said:
    Harry Styles? Lizzo? Jonas Brothers?

Jonas Brothers' webpage is undergoing maintenance. Boston Calling would be a good warmup for their Vegas residency.

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 206
    RiotAct10 said:
    chiefnjk said:
    Could see Jack White and KOL at Ohana. 
    Had the same thought upon seeing this lineup.
    A lot of the bands on that lineup would be great for Ohana. Wishful thinking? I hope not! C'mon, Ohana! 🤞
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    I'm not saying they're going to cancel the show. But Oklahoma just approved a ban on abortions. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    weremin23weremin23 Posts: 309
    igotid88 said:
    I'm not saying they're going to cancel the show. But Oklahoma just approved a ban on abortions. 
    The thought entered my mind after reading about that…
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,642
    igotid88 said:
    Horrible that something like that passed, but it won’t affect the show.

Raleigh 2016 was fueled by many other acts leading the way, putting PJ in a position where they basically HAD to cancel.

After the pandemic, though, I don’t think anything like this would force cancellations again going forward.  Bands and promoters are too desperate to play shows and make money.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 432
    Any talk of adding more shows?
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,551
    edited April 2022
    igotid88 said:

Raleigh 2016 was fueled by many other acts leading the way, putting PJ in a position where they basically HAD to cancel.

After the pandemic, though, I don’t think anything like this would force cancellations again going forward.  Bands and promoters are too desperate to play shows and make money.
    The 2020 tour was being set up to allow them to have a platform to address voters and register new voters during the Presidential election year . With the 2022 mid term elections being so important, I don't think they would miss the opportunity to have and use that platform this year to rally voters to try to make changes in those States. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,354
    edited April 2022
    igotid88 said:

The 2020 tour was being set up to allow them to have a platform to address voters and register new voters during the Presidential election year . With the 2022 mid term elections being so important, I don't think they would miss the opportunity to have and use that platform this year to rally voters to try to make changes in those States. 
    Hey I'm all for whatever is going to get us more shows. That said, I think we as a fan base drastically overestimate the role that voting and voter registration plays in where the band plays and how they route their tour. If the voting items were so integral to where they played their shows, why are they playing 4 in Canada (followed by an entire summer European tour mixed) and 7 shows in CA, which has historically been a blue state? Why not play in places where the on the fence voters actually matter and battleground states?
    Post edited by droptheleash9 on
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,895
    igotid88 said:

Hey I'm all for whatever is going to get us more shows. That said, I think we as a fan base drastically overestimate the role that voting and voter registration plays in where the band plays and how they route their tour. If the voting items were so integral to where they played their shows, why are they playing 4 in Canada (followed by an entire summer European tour mixed) and 7 shows in CA, which has historically been a blue state? Why not play in places where the on the fence voters actually matter and battleground states?

Like New Hampshire!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,551
    edited April 2022
    igotid88 said:

The rumored 2020 Fall leg had Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Nevada mentioned. Arizona and Colorado were on the original leg. These were all states that going into the 2020 election, were considered somewhat in play for the election. It is interesting that they haven't added a few more shows in battleground states, other than Nevada instead of adding additional shows in California. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Agreed.  People seem to be more heavily on one side than the other lately, and then you also factor in the social media influences.  I have a hard time believing anyone changes the way they vote because Pearl Jam played them a show or not.
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    igotid88 said:

Look at what's going on in Colorado with the marrying of minors.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,536
    igotid88 said:

Agreed.  People seem to be more heavily on one side than the other lately, and then you also factor in the social media influences.  I have a hard time believing anyone changes the way they vote because Pearl Jam played them a show or not.
    I think it's less about Pearl Jam playing a show that changes someones vote, and probably more about increasing voter turnout, making donations to causes, etc.   Pearl Jam usually stops short of telling you to vote for X candidate, and is more about trying to get more people to vote.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,841
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    As far as not getting a Boston show goes, this isn't that disappointing. Leaves the door open for the Fenway show that we also probably won't get but it's fun to dream. 

• Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    JimmyV said:
    As far as not getting a Boston show goes, this isn't that disappointing. Leaves the door open for the Fenway show that we also probably won't get but it's fun to dream. 

Still hoping for next year for Wrigley at least.

Assume 2023 will bring an additional leg whether that's in support of Gigaton or a new album.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,346
    JimmyV said:
    Aren’t all the licenses for 2022 concerts at Fenway taken?
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    I've lost track. I don't expect a PJ show this year, regardless. It's just a happy daydream. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    I've lost track. I don't expect a PJ show this year, regardless. It's just a happy daydream. 
    I believe that Imagine Dragons got the last one
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,841
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    I believe that Imagine Dragons got the last one
    Oooooof
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Seems like the ballpark stuff never really picked up any steam, huh?

Was hoping for a miracle at Camden Yards. Maybe something will develop in this region for '23, then.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490

Was hoping for a miracle at Camden Yards. Maybe something will develop in this region for '23, then.
    I guess you could say we… struck out?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,243
    edited April 2022

Maybe the Rumor of Camden Yards was actually Camden NJ... No Ballpark, but would fit what people were hearing. 
  • Options

• Options
    With the lackluster ticket sales for the May tour, you have to think any ballparks or stadiums for the Fall would have been announced weeks ago.