Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,630
    edited March 2022
    Deleted
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Saw these posted on another board this morning. 
    Take it for what it's worth. 

(maybe) 8/9 or 11 Big Sky Event Center, Big Sky, MT
    (maybe) 8/11 Washington-Grizzly Stadium, Missoula, MT
    8/14 (or 16?) Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    (maybe) 8/17 Camden Yards, Baltimore, MD
    8/20 Fenway Park, Boston, MA
    (maybe) 8/23 (or 24) Truist Park, Atlanta, GA
    8/27 Lumen Field (or 8/12 T-Mobile Park?), Seattle, WA
    9-21-96 Toronto
    8-22-98 Barrie
    10-5-00 Toronto
    6-28-03 Toronto
    9-12-05 London, 9-13-05 Hamilton, 9-19-05 Toronto
    5-9-06 Toronto, 5-10-06 Toronto
    6-24-08 MSG, 6-25-08 MSG, 8-12-08 EV, 8-13-08 EV
    8-21-09 Toronto
    5-09-10 Cleveland, 5-10-10 Buffalo
    9-3-11 Pj20, 9-4-11 Pj20, 9-11-11 Toronto, 9-12-11 Toronto, 9-15-11 Hamilton
    7-16-13 London
    10-16-14 Detroit
    5-1-16 MSG, 5-2-16 MSG, 5-10-16 Toronto, 5-11-16 Toronto, 8-5-16 Fenway, 8-7-16 Fenway 
    9-4-18 Fenway 
    9-3-22 Ottawa, 9-6-22 Hamilton, 9-8-22 Toronto 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    Please do not wrap Atlanta into the ballpark nonsense PJ… really hope that’s not the case.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 407

That big sky rumor would be crazy. Foo Fighters and PJ on back to back nights. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,088
    SOMEONE SAY ATLANTA!!????  I'll take whatever we can get!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 217

Omg please make this be true. 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    At this point I don’t think ballparks are an option. For shows that need to sell 2-3Xs the amount of tickets of arenas wouldn’t they need to announce before the arenas? Or at least the same time. I know this is unprecedented with all the make up shows and what not, I just don’t think it’s making sense for ballparks this year 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    At this point I don’t think ballparks are an option. For shows that need to sell 2-3Xs the amount of tickets of arenas wouldn’t they need to announce before the arenas? Or at least the same time. I know this is unprecedented with all the make up shows and what not, I just don’t think it’s making sense for ballparks this year 

If that list is accurate, I'm not sure it matters, as they aren't playing shows anywhere near any of those sites. With some fan bases, you'd have to worry about fans from those areas traveling for the current shows, and maybe not wanting/needing to shell out again to see them locally... But, as we all know, PJ fans are a little special...
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 279
    Shocked that that’s all the new shows. 
    I really think they’re going to be apart of the Lolla announcement since there’s absolutely no midwest shows either that or next spring is gonna be really fun for people in the Midwest 

St Louis and Oklahoma aren't Midwest?
    You’re a Few days late here my friend. As someone else pointed out, I’ll give you Stl. Oklahoma? No 

eh, fair enough. I'm a transplant from Boston out here by the Mississippi River, it's all MidWest to me lol
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    link93 said:

back in 2020- in PHX it was PJ on Sat nite in Glendale and FOO on Sunday at Talking Stick downtown PHX.. planned the back to back... sucks that didn't happen- 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396

Maybe? When I saw the Foo Fighters in '18 they did a hybrid tour.   The shows in bigger markets were in stadiums, and the shows in smaller markets were in arenas.  They played to the size of the market.

Most of those shows look to be in bigger markets, except the Montana shows, which is usually a thing done for Jeff (I also don't think the stadium is as big as other stadiums).

My concern would be.. not everyone's ready to go back to live shows.   Peoples feelings about covid remain mixed.    Is the demand still there right now for stadium shows would be my question, just due to Covid, and everyone not being ready to gear up at the same time.

Plus travel restrictions would have some impact.  PJ play smaller tours has fans that travel in from everywhere.  When I went to wrigley in '16 I don't recall talking to anyone from Chicago... lol.   Then again most people were American or Canadian, so it could have little impact.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,777
    edited March 2022
    JojoRice said:
    I'm glad they kept the F2F feature for tickets.  Will probably be my best chance to score seats.  Not getting my hopes up with the lottery or verified fan.  I'm ready for the F5 shenanigans to return!
    Agreed. I don't expect there will be very many tickets up for grabs in the lottery or verified fan. I'm expecting to be F5ing on F2F constantly.
    Yup.  This is the closest thing to the old F5, which rewarded persistence.
    Wonder if the rumored add-on shows in Vegas and Denver are still in play.  Anybody have a contact in either of those places?

In the days of F5, I got EVERY show I wanted. Yes, sometimes it took well over an hour for a transaction to finalize, but persistence always paid off. My record in the lottery is not good. I have never been selected for a MSG show, and whenever I've gotten a Philly show, my husband also got the same show. It just caused an extra step as I'd have to rely on TM gen onsales, trades and help from friends.
    Same!  The Vic was the only show I didn't get.  PJ20 took me 8 hours, but I got it.  The lottery allows casual fans to just click a few buttons and have the same chance as dedicated fans, then the week of the tour, we see all the complaints "I can't make it, why I can't I sell my tickets?"  Yeah yeah, I know, I'm a 28-year 10C snob.

It used to amuse me when people would put in for 10 shows and by the luck of the draw, they's win all of them and then say "wait, i didn't realize I was gonna be charged $1200! I only wanted one show!" 

You literally had to check off at least two boxes accepting that you might be charged for multiple shows (this was when the lottery was first implemented - it's more like 6 check boxes now) And there were pop ups saying "I understand that I may be charged for every show I put in for"

Reading the rules is a lost art.

I mean, the number of "if I had tickets in 2020 am I still OK?" threads this week...unbelievable.

I've seen posts like that on FB and thought, oh, this is a troll post... then I realized, holy f**k, this is real! It's mind blowing.

If I had a dollar for every time I've posted the following three things, I'd be rich:

1) If your name gets drawn, your card WILL be charged. No refunds, no exchanges, no exceptions.

2) Get the time off work now. Get approval from the husband/wife now. Don't be that person who wins a show 1000 miles away and freaks out because it's the end of your company's fiscal year or it's the day of your kid's school event that you can't miss.

3) Read all emails carefully. Use a current email address and make sure 10C emails go to your inbox. Set a rule if you have to.

I'm convinced that a lot of people don't have current email addresses for 10C emails. People probably think "oh, they'll sell my email address to spammers so I'll use an old Hotmail address I haven't checked in ten years." How many times have we seen people ask how to get a mystery box or what's in a mystery box as they're being opened?

Of course there's the usual amount of people shitposting, but yeah, a lot of people thought they could transfer tickets to friends OR only be drawn one time. To be fair, a long time ago, people could be drawn for one show, but anyone who remembers those days probably knows how ticketing works.

And yeah, there's always noobs. In early 2020 (it couldn't have been 2018) someone actually posted if anyone knew what the tour setlist was. IIRC, they made a setlist of 14-16 songs with one encore song.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    JojoRice said:
    I'm glad they kept the F2F feature for tickets.  Will probably be my best chance to score seats.  Not getting my hopes up with the lottery or verified fan.  I'm ready for the F5 shenanigans to return!
    Agreed. I don't expect there will be very many tickets up for grabs in the lottery or verified fan. I'm expecting to be F5ing on F2F constantly.
    Wonder if the rumored add-on shows in Vegas and Denver are still in play.  Anybody have a contact in either of those places?

In the days of F5, I got EVERY show I wanted. Yes, sometimes it took well over an hour for a transaction to finalize, but persistence always paid off. My record in the lottery is not good. I have never been selected for a MSG show, and whenever I've gotten a Philly show, my husband also got the same show. It just caused an extra step as I'd have to rely on TM gen onsales, trades and help from friends.
    Same!  The Vic was the only show I didn't get.  PJ20 took me 8 hours, but I got it.  The lottery allows casual fans to just click a few buttons and have the same chance as dedicated fans, then the week of the tour, we see all the complaints "I can't make it, why I can't I sell my tickets?"  Yeah yeah, I know, I'm a 28-year 10C snob.

I still hate that I missed that Vic show. Living in the city and knowing they were playing such an awesome show so close to me and I couldn't be there. Ugh! I've had pretty good luck in the lottery though, never been completely shut out. Any show I wasn't able to get I was able to find someone to share their extra, I suppose karma for always sharing my extra back when we were required to purchase pairs.
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    link93 said:

Truist Park?? I hope so but at same time I hope not. Play arena. Atlanta is not a rock city. Guns and Roses were supposed to play here when pandemic hit. They were going to play Bobby Dodd (GA Tech). Ticket sales were HORRIBLE. When they announced new dates, Atlanta was nowhere to be found..
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    mattcoz said:
    JojoRice said:

I still hate that I missed that Vic show. Living in the city and knowing they were playing such an awesome show so close to me and I couldn't be there. Ugh! I've had pretty good luck in the lottery though, never been completely shut out. Any show I wasn't able to get I was able to find someone to share their extra, I suppose karma for always sharing my extra back when we were required to purchase pairs.
    That Vic show was tough. One of the few times my persistence did not pay off with the Presale. My brother got in, but not me! I was so sad! BUT… some beautiful kind soul from this board got me in! He posted on here that he had a spare and to message him your favorite song and one reason why you should get picked.  I sent a message saying my brother had no balls and was taking his girlfriend (now wife) instead of me the real fan. Lol.  He put all messages in a hat that he liked and I was picked!!   I need to go back and see if I still have his info in my DMs . Wonder if he still posts on here.  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    mattcoz said:
    JojoRice said:

That Vic show was tough. One of the few times my persistence did not pay off with the Presale. My brother got in, but not me! I was so sad! BUT… some beautiful kind soul from this board got me in! He posted on here that he had a spare and to message him your favorite song and one reason why you should get picked.  I sent a message saying my brother had no balls and was taking his girlfriend (now wife) instead of me the real fan. Lol.  He put all messages in a hat that he liked and I was picked!!   I need to go back and see if I still have his info in my DMs . Wonder if he still posts on here.  
    Guys name was Doug ( blueredgray) from Chicago. Hasn’t been on here since 2009!  I just looked him up.  So if anyone here knows him, tell him I said thanks again! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    JojoRice said:

I was so upset that I couldn't get in to either Borgata show. If I'm remembering correctly, that was actually a lottery. I remember being so sad that I didn't get picked for either show. Then, they added the Philly show (which happened to be on my birthday) That show was insane and even though it was a much larger venue, there were SO many 10club members there, and the energy in that room was palpable. That was the night that there was weird feedback on one of Ed's amps during Crazy Mary and he said "that shit freaked me out!" Good times. 
    Still sad that I missed the Borgata shows (saw Soundgarden there in 2013 - what a small room!) but that 10.03.05 show helped ease the pain.

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 288
    mattcoz said:
    JojoRice said:

I was so upset that I couldn't get in to either Borgata show. If I'm remembering correctly, that was actually a lottery. I remember being so sad that I didn't get picked for either show. Then, they added the Philly show (which happened to be on my birthday) That show was insane and even though it was a much larger venue, there were SO many 10club members there, and the energy in that room was palpable. That was the night that there was weird feedback on one of Ed's amps during Crazy Mary and he said "that shit freaked me out!" Good times. 
    Still sad that I missed the Borgata shows (saw Soundgarden there in 2013 - what a small room!) but that 10.03.05 show helped ease the pain.

That Philly 2005 show one of my all time faves.  Great setlist with ton of rarities since they weren't promoting an album at the time.  Until the Philly Ten show a couple years ago that 2005 was probably my most listened to bootleg.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152

I appreciate you passing this along. Sincerely, I do. I just can't imagine this is right for multiple reasons. Part of me hopes it is true, but it doesn't make sense. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,468
    There was speculation of an August ballpark run on another thread a few weeks ago.  I think the potential Fenway date was in common.  Maybe it was based on the same other board though.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    3days said:

I appreciate you passing this along. Sincerely, I do. I just can't imagine this is right for multiple reasons. Part of me hopes it is true, but it doesn't make sense. 
    It is hard to believe they would play that many stadium shows that closely together and then turn around and do a run of arena shows.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,948
    There was speculation of an August ballpark run on another thread a few weeks ago.  I think the potential Fenway date was in common.  Maybe it was based on the same other board though.  
    The Fenway date is accurate because someone had a list of dates where permits were submitted for Fenway. August 20 is the last one available, I believe
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    edited March 2022
    apirk72 said:
    3days said:

It is hard to believe they would play that many stadium shows that closely together and then turn around and do a run of arena shows.
    If they add the stadium shows we are talking what, 18 shows in six weeks?  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    mattcoz said:
    JojoRice said:

Exactly the same. I'm still bitter, despite over 100 PJ/EV shows.  Lifelong Chicagoan, member since 1994, couldnt get a ticket.  It was especially painful to see people who weren't local or going to Lolla get tickets.  Oh well, I'm hitting the entire May leg this year.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    mattcoz said:
    JojoRice said:

Exactly the same. I'm still bitter, despite over 100 PJ/EV shows.  Lifelong Chicagoan, member since 1994, couldnt get a ticket.  It was especially painful to see people who weren't local or going to Lolla get tickets.  Oh well, I'm hitting the entire May leg this year.

I remember finally landing Vic tickets by clicking and highlighting everything on the page and eventually "found" the invisible buy button (page wasn't loading completely, but the button existed once in a while). Ah the days of F5. Think I got shut out of the first 3 lotteries after F5 ended, but the odds have been better since then. 
  • Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 454
    Missing the Vic show was devastating ... two blocks away from my house and I couldn't get in.  It got even worse a year later when I found out a friend of a friend was a nurse for Ryan Dempster's daughter and could easily have gotten me into the VIP section with all the athletes and other bigwigs!!!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Discopij said:
    Missing the Vic show was devastating ... two blocks away from my house and I couldn't get in.  It got even worse a year later when I found out a friend of a friend was a nurse for Ryan Dempster's daughter and could easily have gotten me into the VIP section with all the athletes and other bigwigs!!!
    Oh fuck! I'm appreciating this group therapy. Pretty sure I met you at Lollla (recognize your ID). I think it was in 2016 for Radiohead.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    Discopij said:
    Oh damn, that's just salt in the wound.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    Speaking of therapy, I need odds. It’s like suffering withdrawal going thru this week without those odds.
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Speaking of therapy, I need odds. It’s like suffering withdrawal going thru this week without those odds.
    I know! I have no clue at all how likely my chances are right now… just have to wait until Monday… or next Friday. Who knows…