2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• afgpjafgpj Posts: 142
    on2legs said:
    NoCode416 said:
    I can't imagine that this hasn't been talked about, but this is quite a lengthy thread, so... am I seeing it correctly that the fan club lottery is only available to those individuals who requested refunds?  I did not win the lottery back in 2020, so I had no tickets to be refunded.  I'd appreciate any insight!  Thanks!
    It’s open to all.  You just can’t get tickets to a show you already won tickets for in the previous lottery.  Although there is confusion about if you only won one ticket if you can put in for a second. But long story short… you can enter. 
    But if you got a refund, you can put in for that same show again, right?
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    afgpj said:
    on2legs said:
    NoCode416 said:
    I can't imagine that this hasn't been talked about, but this is quite a lengthy thread, so... am I seeing it correctly that the fan club lottery is only available to those individuals who requested refunds?  I did not win the lottery back in 2020, so I had no tickets to be refunded.  I'd appreciate any insight!  Thanks!
    It’s open to all.  You just can’t get tickets to a show you already won tickets for in the previous lottery.  Although there is confusion about if you only won one ticket if you can put in for a second. But long story short… you can enter. 
    Yes, I believe so.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • afgpjafgpj Posts: 142
    JojoRice said:
    afgpj said:
    on2legs said:
    NoCode416 said:
    Yes, I believe so.
    I did not see it stated anywhere that this was not allowed.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    afgpj said:
    on2legs said:
    NoCode416 said:
    As far as we know. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Avocado78Avocado78 Posts: 47
    There is nothing impossible to they who will try. 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    JojoRice said:
    I'm glad they kept the F2F feature for tickets.  Will probably be my best chance to score seats.  Not getting my hopes up with the lottery or verified fan.  I'm ready for the F5 shenanigans to return!
    Agreed. I don't expect there will be very many tickets up for grabs in the lottery or verified fan. I'm expecting to be F5ing on F2F constantly.
    Yup.  This is the closest thing to the old F5, which rewarded persistence.
    Wonder if the rumored add-on shows in Vegas and Denver are still in play.  Anybody have a contact in either of those places?

In the days of F5, I got EVERY show I wanted. Yes, sometimes it took well over an hour for a transaction to finalize, but persistence always paid off. My record in the lottery is not good. I have never been selected for a MSG show, and whenever I've gotten a Philly show, my husband also got the same show. It just caused an extra step as I'd have to rely on TM gen onsales, trades and help from friends.
    Same!  The Vic was the only show I didn't get.  PJ20 took me 8 hours, but I got it.  The lottery allows casual fans to just click a few buttons and have the same chance as dedicated fans, then the week of the tour, we see all the complaints "I can't make it, why I can't I sell my tickets?"  Yeah yeah, I know, I'm a 28-year 10C snob.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,808
    JojoRice said:
    I'm glad they kept the F2F feature for tickets.  Will probably be my best chance to score seats.  Not getting my hopes up with the lottery or verified fan.  I'm ready for the F5 shenanigans to return!
    Agreed. I don't expect there will be very many tickets up for grabs in the lottery or verified fan. I'm expecting to be F5ing on F2F constantly.
    Wonder if the rumored add-on shows in Vegas and Denver are still in play.  Anybody have a contact in either of those places?

In the days of F5, I got EVERY show I wanted. Yes, sometimes it took well over an hour for a transaction to finalize, but persistence always paid off. My record in the lottery is not good. I have never been selected for a MSG show, and whenever I've gotten a Philly show, my husband also got the same show. It just caused an extra step as I'd have to rely on TM gen onsales, trades and help from friends.
    Same!  The Vic was the only show I didn't get.  PJ20 took me 8 hours, but I got it.  The lottery allows casual fans to just click a few buttons and have the same chance as dedicated fans, then the week of the tour, we see all the complaints "I can't make it, why I can't I sell my tickets?"  Yeah yeah, I know, I'm a 28-year 10C snob.

We were seeing those "why can't I sell my tickets" posts before the lottery.

The lottery has nothing to do with that, but I'm sure you already knew that. I've seen so many posts where people think the lottery system changed stuff like seating assignments or anything else.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    JojoRice said:

We were seeing those "why can't I sell my tickets" posts before the lottery.

The lottery has nothing to do with that, but I'm sure you already knew that. I've seen so many posts where people think the lottery system changed stuff like seating assignments or anything else.
    Disagree, but not really interested in arguing if it ever happened before the lottery (of course it did), my point is just that it happens more now because it requires little to no effort to enter the lottery.  Of course it didn't change seating assignments, thankfully they still have some benefit to seniority, but it did change the odds of getting tickets for the same reason as I stated in the first sentence.

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Do you guys think putting in for MSG is a waste of time?  I got shut out in 2020 so I'm weighing my options.  I think that its too long a shot to get tickets from a small pool of returns.  So, I think that I should just go with Camden as my first choice.  I'd hate to put NYC as my first choice and Camden as my second and lose out on both.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,808
    Do you guys think putting in for MSG is a waste of time?  I got shut out in 2020 so I'm weighing my options.  I think that its too long a shot to get tickets from a small pool of returns.  So, I think that I should just go with Camden as my first choice.  I'd hate to put NYC as my first choice and Camden as my second and lose out on both.

Yeah, I'd do Camden as first choice. As small as NYC odds usually are, they'll be a lot smaller this time around.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    multiple memberships in one household just for rare merch     giggle giggle giggle
  • JojoRice said:

It used to amuse me when people would put in for 10 shows and by the luck of the draw, they's win all of them and then say "wait, i didn't realize I was gonna be charged $1200! I only wanted one show!" 

You literally had to check off at least two boxes accepting that you might be charged for multiple shows (this was when the lottery was first implemented - it's more like 6 check boxes now) And there were pop ups saying "I understand that I may be charged for every show I put in for"

Reading the rules is a lost art.

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• Do you guys think putting in for MSG is a waste of time?  I got shut out in 2020 so I'm weighing my options.  I think that its too long a shot to get tickets from a small pool of returns.  So, I think that I should just go with Camden as my first choice.  I'd hate to put NYC as my first choice and Camden as my second and lose out on both.
    I honestly do not think there will be many, if any MSG tix available. Why would people put in for a refund, when they can resell on SH for $1k or more? My guess is that any good seats that people refunded, will become "platinum" seats. That said, I'm entering for MSG, knowing full well I won't get anything. The lottery seems to be performative to me.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Let’s say that you didn’t try for tickets the first time around.  Now you’re trying for a show that was postponed.   Are your odds a little worse since tickets were already assigned?   

Obviously hoping for tickets and for good seats but I’m trying to set my expectations :lol:  I guess I’m hoping enough people cancelled.  

(trying for reserved.  We didn’t want GA).  
    Yes, I expect very very few of us will score tix for rescheduled shows via 10C or TMVF. Which is why I grudgingly put in for Camden even though I'd much rather go to Nashville
    Thanks.  Hope I can score Denver tickets.  

If I can get them then it would be:

-my wife’s bucket list state (neither of us have ever been)
    -our first PJ show together
    -my favorite baseball team in town as a visitor a day after the show.  

• MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    edited March 2022
    Same! The Vic was the only show I didn't get. PJ20 took me 8 hours, but I got it. The lottery allows casual fans to just click a few buttons and have the same chance as dedicated fans, then the week of the tour, we see all the complaints "I can't make it, why I can't I sell my tickets?" Yeah yeah, I know, I'm a 28-year 10C snob.
    This!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    JojoRice said:

I wouldn't say casual vs. dedicated but GA has made the ticketing system more appealing to newer members and spiked demand.

F5 worked out great for me personally but each tour was harder than the one before it and something had to change.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    Do you guys think putting in for MSG is a waste of time?  I got shut out in 2020 so I'm weighing my options.  I think that its too long a shot to get tickets from a small pool of returns.  So, I think that I should just go with Camden as my first choice.  I'd hate to put NYC as my first choice and Camden as my second and lose out on both.
    I think MSG is a huge longshot. If I could reasonably make either I would definitely go Camden first.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 964

you can put in for both. There is no first or second choice as far as shows. Completely different draws for each show. First over second choice only apply's to seating for said show. GA vrs reserved. So try for both!
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    DEGBTI said:

you can put in for both. There is no first or second choice as far as shows. Completely different draws for each show. First over second choice only apply's to seating for said show. GA vrs reserved. So try for both!
    You do have to prioritize shows when you select through TC
    DEGBTI said:

You do have to prioritize shows when you select through TC
    where do you see that?
    DEGBTI said:

Step 4. Complete the Program registration form, including selecting the date, the number of tickets you are requesting, and ticket type preference.

I dont see anything anywhere that says "select show preference" just ticket type, as in GA or resereved
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:

Step 4. Complete the Program registration form, including selecting the date, the number of tickets you are requesting, and ticket type preference.

I dont see anything anywhere that says "select show preference" just ticket type, as in GA or resereved
    It’s either the last step or next to last step.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:

If you put in for more than one show the last step will tell you to prioritize the shows in order of preference. You don't prioritize the seating for each show, just the venue.

GlowGirl said:
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:

If you put in for more than one show the last step will tell you to prioritize the shows in order of preference. You don't prioritize the seating for each show, just the venue.

ahh, ok,  I did two shows and did not see that. I will have to go back and do it again. Thanks, this could have been a problem!
    JojoRice said:

It used to amuse me when people would put in for 10 shows and by the luck of the draw, they's win all of them and then say "wait, i didn't realize I was gonna be charged $1200! I only wanted one show!" 

You literally had to check off at least two boxes accepting that you might be charged for multiple shows (this was when the lottery was first implemented - it's more like 6 check boxes now) And there were pop ups saying "I understand that I may be charged for every show I put in for"

I mean, the number of "if I had tickets in 2020 am I still OK?" threads this week...unbelievable.

• JojoRice said:

I mean, the number of "if I had tickets in 2020 am I still OK?" threads this week...unbelievable.

I've seen posts like that on FB and thought, oh, this is a troll post... then I realized, holy f**k, this is real! It's mind blowing.

• Well…. Seeing as someone in the other thread got screwed and his tickets were refunded for some reason, these questions sorta seem legit now.  It is TM, afterall
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    Well…. Seeing as someone in the other thread got screwed and his tickets were refunded for some reason, these questions sorta seem legit now.  It is TM, afterall
    Something seems off there.

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    JojoRice said:
    I'm still holding out hope that we get more shows in October/November too. 
    Same! Fingers crossed!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • slcporchslcporch Posts: 212
    I have GA Phoenix tickets I can’t use and I’m looking for Oakland GA. If anyone is in the reverse situation that would be amazing.