RiotAct10 said:
    rey said:
    afgpj said:
    logan5ive said:
    afgpj said:
    logan5ive said:
    estarr31 said:
    PJNB said:
    Been a long two years but for some reason "coming days" feels like an eternity still. 
    "in the coming days" is the new "early 2022"
    Exactly. "In the coming days" is actually worse than "early 2022". Coming days could be any day. Next week. Next month. Next year. etc.
    How can this be interpreted as next month?
    Just asking.
    They did say "days". Next month is only 22 days away. ;)
    Exactly my point! :smile:
    Wouldn't they have said coming weeks or months if that was the case?
    Maybe, but Can't Deny Me was also supposed to be on a forthcoming album.
    It is. They recorded a new version with Andrew Watt last month.
    So, that means that forthcoming ended up being several years (and still counting).  No telling how long 'coming days' might be.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,276
    mpedone said:
    Fitting for March 10th - Mario (Mar10) day.

Nice!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    The second half of the forthcoming line stated that the album was produced by Brendan O'Brien. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Don't forget Daylight Savings is coming up this weekend.  It will change timing for next week.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    Don't forget Daylight Savings is coming up this weekend.  It will change timing for next week.
    We are 1 hr closer already!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    kristie73 said:
    Its killing me.  At least they mentioned something in the newsletter. Announce it already. Maybe it's the basketball, hockey, playoffs, etc for the stadiums.
    those issues won't be solved in the next few days.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    mpedone said:
    Fitting for March 10th - Mario (Mar10) day.

Hahaha!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,623
    Don't forget Daylight Savings is coming up this weekend.  It will change timing for next week.
    Goddammit I want my hour of sleep back. (Preemptive grouse)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • NWOntario said:
    Annoying.  At least I get to see TOOL tonight.
    Getting to see Tool makes up for all sorts of ills. Enjoy!
    Thanks!  Any TOOL tour could be their last.  Glen & Marketa on Saturday too.  Worse ways to kill time waiting for the "coming days."

Enjoy tonight.  Saw them in newark and it was amazing. 
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    afgpj said:
    logan5ive said:
    afgpj said:
    logan5ive said:
    estarr31 said:
    PJNB said:
    Been a long two years but for some reason "coming days" feels like an eternity still. 
    Exactly. "In the coming days" is actually worse than "early 2022". Coming days could be any day. Next week. Next month. Next year. etc.
    Just asking.
    But then we couldn't joke about it. ;)
  • kaikaikaikai Posts: 55
    I don’t comment much- mainly just read every day or every few days…
    Do you think that there’s any significance to the “March 27” date being bold in the e-mail and not bold on the website version of the newsletter? Maybe they’re going to release dates on the 2 year anniversary of Gigaton… 

…or maybe it’s just my dumb iPhone making it look like these are in different font styles… and I’m looking for any hint or indication of WHEN :) … Hope will make you make connections that aren’t there lol…
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 517
    One of the great joys in my life is going to McDonalds and choosing the drive through lane that never moves, while the cars that got there long after you in the other lane order their food first.   Sitting and watching those other cars go by is such a thrill.  I know eventually the McDonalds attendant will remember my lane exists so I don't fret.  It is my fault for choosing the wrong lane.

Have a great day everyone!
    I have the same ability to choose the wrong check out line at the super market. I think it might be my super power.
    It is maddening.
    ( lol- my bf used to say don't even use the same checkout lane in the super market that she'd go in, when we'd happen to shop together- it's a real thing_ ive seen it...)
  • Douglas12373Douglas12373 Posts: 220
    edited March 2022
    Finally some news.
    Is it really news? ... losing interest by the minute... maybe ill refund my 4 shows and go to Hawaii.. 

Hawaii is just Costa Rica with a 400% Upcharge and more old pasty tourists .:smiley:

You could live like a king in Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a month for what you'd spend for a week in Hawaii. 
    Having lived there, can confirm. BUT in the four years I lived there, I saw two PJ shows right in town. Yet in 12+ years in DC, zero PJ shows
    Post edited by Douglas12373 on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    kaikai said:
    Do you think that there’s any significance to the “March 27” date being bold in the e-mail and not bold on the website version of the newsletter? Maybe they’re going to release dates on the 2 year anniversary of Gigaton… 

…or maybe it’s just my dumb iPhone making it look like these are in different font styles… and I’m looking for any hint or indication of WHEN :) … Hope will make you make connections that aren’t there lol…
    It has to be early next week. If not we riot!
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    kaikai said:

Not bold in my email. 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    If they didn't want us to riot, they wouldn't have named an album Riot Act.  I will only be appeased by the band playing Riot Act in full at the stop of my choosing.  Seems reasonable.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • kaikaikaikai Posts: 55

I had a feeling it might just be my phone but… I swear it is in mine! :) 
    Good to know, though. I definitely want it asap so when I saw that I had a worse-case scenario in my head.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    kaikai said:

I had a feeling it might just be my phone but… I swear it is in mine! :) 
    Good to know, though. I definitely want it asap so when I saw that I had a worse-case scenario in my head.
    Hmmm. Mine looks like this:

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    Jesus, just announce the damn shows.  Why is this so difficult? 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    kaikai said:

Phones do that sometimes so you can easily make a calendar item for it.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    Can we push this one to one million? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 517
    Ryan said:
    Why do people think PJ is playing Ohana?  They never do festivals two years in a row and already have three SoCal arena shows (SD and LAx2), and played Ohana three times last fall.  Ed is obviously going to be there but I don’t see PJ playing there again this year.  
    If the September and October rumours are true from the last couple pages, this seems like a logical break in the tour.
    ( cuz of the exciting experience during OE '21 -& perhaps a dream of the possibility / otherwise I ask the question u ask, typically- like " why think that"... )
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,359
    bbiggs said:
    If you think anything other than the rescheduling dates will be announced you gone be sad.
    There are added shows in May.  Those have to be announced now.  After that, you're correct.

Are there new added shows in may or are some of these may shows just the rescheduled shows?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jesus, just announce the damn shows.  Why is this so difficult? 
    And bingo was his name-o.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,320
    I mean at this point, there has to be some serious drama or disagreement within the inner circle of the band, right?  If the WHOLE band was in lock-step as others have noted, hundreds of bands have announced make-up dates or brand new tours in the past 6 months.  I mean, it can be humorous to call out Stone or Jeff or Boom, but I think the sad truth is that one (or more) of the core members is holding up the whole train.  10C is stuck in the middle of the band and the fans and has no choice but to keep putting out these vague announcements.  It's Occam's Razor, this is the simplest explanation for the compounded delays.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    ddeschler said:
    If they didn't want us to riot, they wouldn't have named an album Riot Act.  I will only be appeased by the band playing Riot Act in full at the stop of my choosing.  Seems reasonable.

Are we going to be at any of the same shows? If so, I like this idea!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,314
    My tickets TBA date has now been replaced by a laughing emoji. 
    Lucky you. I got a middle finger 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    I mean at this point, there has to be some serious drama or disagreement within the inner circle of the band, right?  If the WHOLE band was in lock-step as others have noted, hundreds of bands have announced make-up dates or brand new tours in the past 6 months.  I mean, it can be humorous to call out Stone or Jeff or Boom, but I think the sad truth is that one (or more) of the core members is holding up the whole train.  10C is stuck in the middle of the band and the fans and has no choice but to keep putting out these vague announcements.  It's Occam's Razor, this is the simplest explanation for the compounded delays.
    If it does involve said drama, that's none of our damn business. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    RiotAct10 said:
    rey said:
    afgpj said:
    logan5ive said:
    afgpj said:
    logan5ive said:
    estarr31 said:
    PJNB said:
    Just asking.
    Maybe, but Can't Deny Me was also supposed to be on a forthcoming album.
    It is. They recorded a new version with Andrew Watt last month.
    haha, this would make this place explode even more
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Pointless to guess, IMO.  It could be a number of things: (1) this was their planned timing all along, it just feels delayed because we want it; (2) routing; (3) venue availability; (4) promoter delaying announcement; (5) ticket sale dates; (6) refund/resale/lottery/new shows planning.  That's just off the top of my head.  It sucks because travel costs will just continue to increase for fans while they delay, but the waiting game continues.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale