2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    I mean at this point, there has to be some serious drama or disagreement within the inner circle of the band, right?  If the WHOLE band was in lock-step as others have noted, hundreds of bands have announced make-up dates or brand new tours in the past 6 months.  I mean, it can be humorous to call out Stone or Jeff or Boom, but I think the sad truth is that one (or more) of the core members is holding up the whole train.  10C is stuck in the middle of the band and the fans and has no choice but to keep putting out these vague announcements.  It's Occam's Razor, this is the simplest explanation for the compounded delays.
    That's one hell of an assumption. Scheduling a tour isn't just about the band members, though. There are many other people/entities involved.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    mfc2006 said:
    I mean at this point, there has to be some serious drama or disagreement within the inner circle of the band, right?  If the WHOLE band was in lock-step as others have noted, hundreds of bands have announced make-up dates or brand new tours in the past 6 months.  I mean, it can be humorous to call out Stone or Jeff or Boom, but I think the sad truth is that one (or more) of the core members is holding up the whole train.  10C is stuck in the middle of the band and the fans and has no choice but to keep putting out these vague announcements.  It's Occam's Razor, this is the simplest explanation for the compounded delays.
    That's one hell of an assumption. Scheduling a tour isn't just about the band members, though. There are many other people/entities involved.
    Good way to get a thread shut down too if history teaches us anything. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    mfc2006 said:
    And hundreds of other bands have done it, heck, many have done it twice!! (2021 & 2022)
  • I’m just hoping the shows I have tickets to end up being weekend dates. Otherwise I may be sol
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    At this point, all the rescheduled shows need to be at least 4hrs long. They can pay for any curfew violations with the interest they've accumulated on our money the last 2+ years. 
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:
    And hundreds of other bands have done it, heck, many have done it twice!! (2021 & 2022)
    Unfair comparison, as this group has a nutty world traveling fan base. Greta Van Fleet? Not so much. Let's all just chill. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Unfair comparison, as this group has a nutty world traveling fan base. Greta Van Fleet? Not so much. Let's all just chill. 
    How is it unfair to compare Pearl Jam's failure to reschedule dates to every other band that was successfully able to do so? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    At this point, all the rescheduled shows need to be at least 4hrs long. They can pay for any curfew violations with the interest they've accumulated on our money the last 2+ years. 
    Again, it's laughable that people think our money is sitting in Eddie's bank account.  If you want to be angry at someone making interest on our money, it's TM/LiveNation, not the band.  I doubt they see a penny until the show happens.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    Again, it's laughable that people think our money is sitting in Eddie's bank account.  If you want to be angry at someone making interest on our money, it's TM/LiveNation, not the band.  I doubt they see a penny until the show happens.

This is 100% correct. Pearl Jam is not sitting on your money. 

It was a joke. :(
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477

I assumed aiseseats was being sarcastic. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

JimmyV said:
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:
    How is it unfair to compare Pearl Jam's failure to reschedule dates to every other band that was successfully able to do so? 
    Name a comparable band to Pearl Jam that's successfully relaunched a domestic and European tour. This is huge band, with a huge crew, with a traveling fan base. There are more moving parts for them is my guess and comparing them to smaller acts isn't a fair comparison.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited March 2022

It was a joke. :(
    Gotcha. You're not the first person to say it, just seems like a lot of the anger in this thread is misdirected. I'm not saying the band isn't a factor in this ridiculous delay, but these are not unilateral decisions.

Edit: and this is coming from someone who has over $2k tied up in PJ2022 tickets right now (10 shows).

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,320
    I assume aisleseats will be TM Platinum from now on.
    There's no need to say goodbye
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Oh, they're planning the travel for all fans across the world?  When then take some more time and just add my flights to my Delta or Southwest account! :)

They're just rescheduling a handful of tour dates...from two years ago...no impact to them from where the fans come from
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    dmbolp said:
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Oh, they're planning the travel for all fans across the world?  When then take some more time and just add my flights to my Delta or Southwest account! :)

They're just rescheduling a handful of tour dates...from two years ago...no impact to them from where the fans come from

Seriously. I would think that knowing how much the fan base travel would make you want to get everything set and announced as early as possible. That doesn't seem to be Pearl Jam's MO, though.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    JimmyV said:
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Name a comparable band to Pearl Jam that's successfully relaunched a domestic and European tour. This is huge band, with a huge crew, with a traveling fan base. There are more moving parts for them is my guess and comparing them to smaller acts isn't a fair comparison.
    DMB rescheduled 50+ 2020 dates to 2021, played them, and have already scheduled 50+ dates for 2022 starting May 11.  And that's just one...Coldplay, Lumineers, Eagles are touring, etc etc etc 
    dmbolp said:
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:

So consideration of a traveling fan base (both domestic and abroad) have zero impact on the delays? Is that what you're saying? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    JimmyV said:
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Including Europe is strange as those shows have been rescheduled twice. 

As for domestic, name a band that had 2020 shows postponed that hasn't rescheduled them. DMB, Phish, The Black Crowes, Counting Crows, big bad Motley Crue, Guns n' Roses, the list goes on and on. Pearl Jam is the only one I know of that has failed to reschedule their 2020 shows two full years later. 

Last year had Rolling Stones, all the country acts, etc
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:

Phish, Dave Matthews, Tool, Dead and Company all have fanbases who travel to shows like Pearl Jam fans, maybe not internationally, and they all toured this year AND last year in the case of most of them.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

dmbolp said:
    I guess you're right then, they're being assholes and treating you and other ticket holders poorly because they want to. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    dmbolp said:
    JimmyV said:
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:
    DMB rescheduled 50+ 2020 dates to 2021, played them, and have already scheduled 50+ dates for 2022 starting May 11.  And that's just one...Coldplay, Lumineers, Eagles are touring, etc etc etc 
    All the European shows have been rescheduled for months... US dates ( less then EU) could have also been scheduled. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,502

And interest rates were rock bottom through most of Covid, so what would they have been earning. 1% or less? lol.  I don't think they can invest it, because if went down they'd be in trouble.

No one won on this.  Ticketmaster made less money because they still have overhead expenses when no one is touring.   Band makes less money because the money didn't do anything for 2 years.

Fans are waiting, and that's annoying, but we'll probably come out ahead.   Concert tickets prices skyrocketed quite a bit over those 2 years as no one one was making much money. Now it's all catch up.  IE if those tickets were sold now, I doubt they'd be $125.
    I assume aisleseats will be TM Platinum from now on.
    I already am for most other bands I follow. ;)
    dmbolp said:
    I guess you're right then, they're being assholes and treating you and other ticket holders poorly because they want to. 
    It has to be something else up

adorable chasing tail GIF

Yep, time to log out! Make it a great one all! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • release00release00 Posts: 347
    edited March 2022
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Completely fair comparison. Many touring fan base bands have been doing this since last year 
    "So much it dont show"
    I don't think they are being assholes and I don't think they are treating customers poorly because they want to. 

I think they are treating customers poorly because their business operation is poorly run and poorly managed. 

• release00release00 Posts: 347
    release00 said:
    dmbolp said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Completely fair comparison. Many touring fan base bands have been doing this since last year 

"So much it dont show"