2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    We got our entire government leadership, both republican and democrat, in an indoor setting, maskless, hugging and shaking hands before we got rescheduled Pearl Jam dates
    Pretty amazing when you put it that way, isn't it?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • TR233437TR233437 Posts: 30
    edited March 2022
    mpedone said:
    Technically, any day before July 2nd is "early 2022".
    I will be pissed if they announce the May 2022 shows on July 1!!
    11/23/93 Oklahoma City, 10/4/96 Charlotte, 10/5/96 Charleston, SC, 8/31/98 Raleigh, 9/4/98 Greenville, SC, 8/4/00 Charlotte, 8/6/00 Greensboro, NC, 10/22/00 Las Vegas, 4/15/03 Raleigh, 4/16/03 Charlotte, 8/5/07 Chicago, 6/16/08 Columbia, SC, 10/30/13 Charlotte, 4/21/16 Columbia, SC
    Wrigley Field 1 2016, Wrigley Field 2 2016, Wrigley Field 1 2018, Wrigley Field 2 2018, Fenway Park 2 2018, Nashville 2022, Denver 2022, St. Paul 1 2023, St. Paul 2 2023, Austin 1 2023, Austin 2 2023
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,416
    TR233437 said:
    I agree brewdog. I have Nashville tickets as well. May 15 would suck. I have tickets for The Who's return to Cincinnati that night. I have held off buying tickets for any other concerts for fear of a similar conflict.
    this is the 4th different rumor i've heard for nashville: memorial day, fall, cancelled and now May 15.  I have Nashville tix coming from Philly. Just hoping to get the darn date so can plan it. Have held off on getting The Who tickets in Philly until I hear PJ schedule.
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    PJammin said:
    demetrios canadaPosts: 72,240
    JG2876 said:
    Only one more Earthling show - how long do we wait until PJ tour news?   A day?  A week?   March 10th?   

Not sure but "hopefully" soon.
    Not the same source. The Greek insider is dimi vs deme from Canada
  • Well, at least we have a new music video for "Brother the Cloud" today
    I guess we are still in the Earthling time of year and we haven't reached the end of early in the year yet.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,286
    mpedone said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    biz999 said:
    Trying to do some detective work on dimitri's "U will be happy soon" hint, and the only results I get are this thread

Not that I care about his hints but why post on FB and not here? Can he not be quoted by news sources if he teased information there? 

Alternative Nation might be terrible, but I think they're above posting stories based on "a source on Facebook".
    Yea but they’ve quoted him before so why does it matter where he posts the info? 
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 173
    verceman said:
    PJammin said:
    demetrios canadaPosts: 72,240
    JG2876 said:
    Only one more Earthling show - how long do we wait until PJ tour news?   A day?  A week?   March 10th?   

Not sure but "hopefully" soon.
    Not the same source. The Greek insider is dimi vs deme from Canada
    huh! All this time I though they were the same
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    Don't go broke betting on Alternative Nation being above doing anything. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    nicknyr15 said:
    mpedone said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    biz999 said:
    Trying to do some detective work on dimitri's "U will be happy soon" hint, and the only results I get are this thread

Not that I care about his hints but why post on FB and not here? Can he not be quoted by news sources if he teased information there? 

Alternative Nation might be terrible, but I think they're above posting stories based on "a source on Facebook".
    Yea but they’ve quoted him before so why does it matter where he posts the info? 
    I don't know if they quote him by name, or just as a "message board insider" or some such.

JimmyV said:
    Don't go broke betting on Alternative Nation being above doing anything. 
    Fair. They don't necessarily have to say where they got the info - just that it comes from a "reliable source".

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • release00release00 Posts: 347
    Honestly, I’m surprised a more credible music outlet hasn’t covered this blunder by PJ band/management 

Every day deeper into March we get for an announcement on RESCHEDULED tour dates from 2 YEARS AGO that BEGINS in May, the more offended I become.

Can my displeasure be resolved with a hometown show? Probably. 
    "So much it dont show"
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    edited March 2022
    release00 said:
    Honestly, I’m surprised a more credible music outlet hasn’t covered this blunder by PJ band/management 

Every day deeper into March we get for an announcement on RESCHEDULED tour dates from 2 YEARS AGO that BEGINS in May, the more offended I become.

I 100% agree with you - and the only reason I can think of that someone hasn't covered the story is that someone from PJ camp replies to any story with, "we were waiting to announce when we were confident that it would be 100% safe for the band, crew, and fans to do so." 

And then we all shrug, grumble, and get in line for merch.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

Not buying the merch is the best message we could send and the only one the business might hear. 

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,274
    Wondering if we will get the Psst… EV poster drops first before the tour dates….
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,717
    Gibson said:
    release00 said:

I 100% agree with you - and the only reason I can think of that someone hasn't covered the story is that someone from PJ camp replies to any story with, "we were waiting to announce when we were confident that it would be 100% safe for the band, crew, and fans to do so." 

It's never going to be 100% safe....but it's beyond time to announce these shows. I guess they're assuming the arenas will be full regardless of when they give an announcement because the 2020 shows were announced two months prior and sold well for the most part.  Just sucks for the fan who needs to plan well in advance.  Maybe they are hoping the traveling fanbase shrinks. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,286
    JimmyV said:
    Not buying the merch is the best message we could send and the only one the business might hear. 
    This , unfortunately, will never even come close to happening. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    nicknyr15 said:
    mpedone said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    biz999 said:

Alt Nation can't monitor the Facebook page I believe as it's a private group, so they can't see what he posts there.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Have given up on merch for many reasons: (1) have too much; (2) too expensive/poor quality; (3) merch madness at shows; and (4) made me sad when fans start complaining that not getting a poster, shirt, etc. ruined the show for them...really?  It's such a relief to walk by those hours-long merch lines and not care.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah, when they release Vault 2 on vinyl, make your stand! 
    Things were different then
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not buying merch would be a great idea in general...sorry, I've never understood this fetish for PJ shirts, hats, posters, onesies, socks, stickers, patches, underwear. They're my favorite band and I'll gladly spend on actual music and concerts, but a t-shirt every few years is all I need. Who needs more stuff? Who needs to broadcast to the world that they're Pearl Jam fans? Maybe when you're 13 or 22 or even 30, but when you're in your 40s or 50s? 

If the band couldn't coast on all this ridiculous merch revenue, they might actually release music and tour a bit more often. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,802
    edited March 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not buying merch would be a great idea in general...sorry, I've never understood this fetish for PJ shirts, hats, posters, onesies, socks, stickers, patches, underwear. They're my favorite band and I'll gladly spend on actual music and concerts, but a t-shirt every few years is all I need. Who needs more stuff? Who needs to broadcast to the world that they're Pearl Jam fans? Maybe when you're 13 or 22 or even 30, but when you're in your 40s or 50s? 

If the band couldn't coast on all this ridiculous merch revenue, they might actually release music and tour a bit more often. 
    I cut back significantly on the non-poster merch the last few years.  At one point I had 100+ PJ shirts, sold about 70 of them after realizing I had a problem lol.  Now, I have about 30, and only 6-8 of which my wife actually approves of.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • mschostokmschostok Posts: 858
    Gotta think Lollapalooza right? They're playing Lolla Stockholm and Paris and haven't played Lolla Chicago since 2007. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    mschostok said:
    Gotta think Lollapalooza right? They're playing Lolla Stockholm and Paris and haven't played Lolla Chicago since 2007. 
    I love that idea! Looks like Lollapalooza is in Chicago on July 28-31, 2022 ----and my birthday is in there!! :love: :heart::wink:
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    I don't see them hauling ass back from Europe to play in Chicago a few days later.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    ComeToTX said:
    I don't see them hauling ass back from Europe to play in Chicago a few days later.
    Especially if there is a situation like EV’s tour had. 
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    Guessing United Center in Fall.
    Gibson said:
    release00 said:

To this point...Ed just did a whole press tour a few weeks ago. When asked about the 2020 shows, his response was surprise that spring dates had not already been announced and that making up those gigs was their top priority. 

Almost a month has passed since then and still no spring dates have been announced. 

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    If I said to someone “I will give you a call in early 2022”, anything after Janaury would not be early.
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    mschostok said:
    I've been waiting for it for a while, could very well be in the cards this year. I will be sitting it out if it happens despite living a short ways away...Lolla is the absolute worst festival in the entire country. The amount of theft and OD'd/blacked out high schoolers has reached epic proportions. 

I feel like such a spoiled a-hole, probably because I am one, but kind of a bummer that Lolla/Wrigley are the seemingly only options for PJ. Arenas and ampitheaters are vastly superior for fan experience.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,360
    ComeToTX said:
    They would play Sunday. Last show is a Monday in Europe. It could happen.
  • Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    If I said to someone “I will give you a call in early 2022”, anything after Janaury would not be early.
    If I told my grandma "I'll call you in early 2022" and it wasn't something like the last week of December she'd beat my ass with a stick.