Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    It's turned into a "boy I was wrong I wish I would have been vaccinated" situation with people that end up in the hospital. Unfortunately that is the only way they learn and if it doesn't happen to them or someone very close to them they aren't budging.

And if they are lucky and catch COVID with no major issues they think they prove their point. But now they are saying COVID can hit you every six months instead of 16 months.  

I previously described a neighborhood friend that got covid and was hospitalized. His wife still posts anti-mask crap.
    fudge. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Getting my Moderna booster tomorrow
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    mfc2006 said:
    I got mine last week. Might have made me a little tired but that's it.

I got the flu shot at the same time so not sure what the culprit was.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    I got mine last week. Might have made me a little tired but that's it.

I got the flu shot at the same time so not sure what the culprit was.
    Got my flu shot at the office a couple of weeks ago. I booked the booster at the end of the day so I can just go home after.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    Almost 6 months to the day, our oldest son came down with Covid last week. He is the only one who didn't get it back in April when the rest of us had it. Rough first couple days and then mostly just stuffy and runny nose. None of us got sick or even had symptoms. Tested negative 2x since he tested positive. A weird situation for sure.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    tbergs said:
    Almost 6 months to the day, our oldest son came down with Covid last week. He is the only one who didn't get it back in April when the rest of us had it. Rough first couple days and then mostly just stuffy and runny nose. None of us got sick or even had symptoms. Tested negative 2x since he tested positive. A weird situation for sure.
    Similar for us. My quarantine ended today. Days 3-6 were pretty bad, but after that it was like a bad head cold.
    No one in our house had it before but we are fully vaxed. I had Pfizer vaccine and my wife Moderna. She never got it. Was a little surprised because we shared a bed at least 2 days before I realized it was Covid and quarantined. 
    The kids are too little for the vaccine, but they tested negative twice this week.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    Similar for us. My quarantine ended today. Days 3-6 were pretty bad, but after that it was like a bad head cold.
    No one in our house had it before but we are fully vaxed. I had Pfizer vaccine and my wife Moderna. She never got it. Was a little surprised because we shared a bed at least 2 days before I realized it was Covid and quarantined. 
    The kids are too little for the vaccine, but they tested negative twice this week.
    That's good. 

Unfortunately my 88 year old mother contracted it in her nursing home last week.  She was due for her booster this week.  She had no symptoms and then out of the blue last night her BP shot up.  She was taken to the hospital and she was diagnosed with early pneumonia.  They are treating that and keeping her.   
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    That's good. 

Unfortunately my 88 year old mother contracted it in her nursing home last week.  She was due for her booster this week.  She had no symptoms and then out of the blue last night her BP shot up.  She was taken to the hospital and she was diagnosed with early pneumonia.  They are treating that and keeping her.   
    So many breakthrough cases.  I hope you all,  as well as your family members, get better, stay healthy.  
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Matt, I'm sending good wishes for your mom!
  • Options
    Matt, I'm sending good wishes for your mom!
    Thank you to you both
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    That's good. 

So sorry to hear this. Hope everything turns out ok.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    That's good. 

sorry to see that...best wishes to her

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    That's good. 

So sorry to hear this. Hope all goes well for your mom as she recovers. My thoughts are with her.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    That's good. 

Oh, man. So sorry to hear this. I'm hoping she has a very quick recovery!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,928
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    That's good. 

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like they caught the pneumonia early. That is good. I wish her a quick and full recovery.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    That's good. 

Hope they caught it early and treat it effectively and she's better quick.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Anyone want to discuss the unvaxxed who get covid, end up in the hospital but don’t die? And what the long term effect of that is, as it relates to families, employment and healthcare costs? Anyone? Anyone know the number of covid hospitalizations? 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Sore arm & pretty sleepy afterwards just like round #1 (and 2). Arm is still sore today, but otherwise feeling fine.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Anyone want to discuss the unvaxxed who get covid, end up in the hospital but don’t die? And what the long term effect of that is, as it relates to families, employment and healthcare costs? Anyone? Anyone know the number of covid hospitalizations? 
    I don't know those numbers but I've told the story here before of my brother in law who got covid in January (before vax was out but he would have refused it anyway) and has now been off work for 9 weeks or so with lung issues.  

Just heard a little bit ago that my daughter's boyfriend's aunt is in the hospital. Boyfriend's dad is an anti-vaxxer so I'm guessing his twin sister was as well.  She has covid and likely waited too long to go to the hospital and now has pneumonia as well.  Not good.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    I don't know those numbers but I've told the story here before of my brother in law who got covid in January (before vax was out but he would have refused it anyway) and has now been off work for 9 weeks or so with lung issues.  

Just heard a little bit ago that my daughter's boyfriend's aunt is in the hospital. Boyfriend's dad is an anti-vaxxer so I'm guessing his twin sister was as well.  She has covid and likely waited too long to go to the hospital and now has pneumonia as well.  Not good.
    I bet that happens a lot for Covid deniers waiting too long to get help. A lot of them are all in on this and would be hypocritical for them to seek help or admit that their immune system was not strong enough to fight off the virus on it’s own. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

I bet that happens a lot for Covid deniers waiting too long to get help. A lot of them are all in on this and would be hypocritical for them to seek help or admit that their immune system was not strong enough to fight off the virus on it’s own. 
    which is the exact reason why they should get vaxxed....it's mind blowing

They all want to say "I have an immune system" but they change their minds when they go to the hospital. Some people just don't grasp that they are part of the law of averages.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    A well known BC covid-denying-Holocaust-denying flat earther was found dead in his home yesterday. Cause of death not yet released but he had been showing signs of infection in the videos he was posting recently.

It's funny that he insisted he couldn't have covid (or "convid", as he called it) because "CONVID doesnt exist", but then took ivermectin. For a disease that doesn't exist and that he didn't have. 

He apparently used to run a yoga studio, but he seems to be the least yogic person one could imagine. 

https://www.straight.com/covid-19-pandemic/news/flat-earther-and-covid-19-denier-mak-parhar-found-dead-in-new-westminster-home
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    A well known BC covid-denying-Holocaust-denying flat earther was found dead in his home yesterday. Cause of death not yet released but he had been showing signs of infection in the videos he was posting recently.

It's funny that he insisted he couldn't have covid (or "convid", as he called it) because "CONVID doesnt exist", but then took ivermectin. For a disease that doesn't exist and that he didn't have. 

He apparently used to run a yoga studio, but he seems to be the least yogic person one could imagine. 

https://www.straight.com/covid-19-pandemic/news/flat-earther-and-covid-19-denier-mak-parhar-found-dead-in-new-westminster-home
    An astonishing number of people would have to be in on that conspiracy. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options

The holistic lefty anti vaxxers are the worst and scariest, because they have the ability to influence the wellness community that believes they are doing what they can to live the best life...before most of these people go full court insane they are pretty mild mannered and really genuinely believe in their own health...sad
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    We’re getting booster reminders here up the wahoo, and my card says my doses expired in September and October respectively, yet I am still deemed ineligible to receive the booster until six months have passed.

Doesn’t make sense to me. Yet another clusterfuck? Dunno, but “MyTurn”, my ass. 
  • Options
    static111 said:

The holistic lefty anti vaxxers are the worst and scariest, because they have the ability to influence the wellness community that believes they are doing what they can to live the best life...before most of these people go full court insane they are pretty mild mannered and really genuinely believe in their own health...sad
    The fringes are getting closer by the day..

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

The fringes are getting closer by the day..

If only it were so simple that the solution to all problems was a point equidistant between two extremes. 
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,655
    edited November 2021
    Heard on NPR’s Marketplace that there are 1M US workers disabled due to covid/long covid.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,617
    hedonist said:
    We’re getting booster reminders here up the wahoo, and my card says my doses expired in September and October respectively, yet I am still deemed ineligible to receive the booster until six months have passed.

Doesn’t make sense to me. Yet another clusterfuck? Dunno, but “MyTurn”, my ass. 
    I have my booster booked for Monday, only 5 months since the second dose because of my status (one of almost 300 Akisq'nuk first people - this month were *confidentially* ratifying a 1994 claim for compensation of 132 acres of reserve lands that were sold illegally - known as a money grab).

I thought we had to have a six month interval, but f*ck it, I'll take my Mom again. She survived a burst appendix last week and neither of us caught covid in the lengthy hospital stay.

Let us know how your mom doing is Matty, please!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    That's good. 

Oh man sorry to hear wishing her a full recovery my thoughts are with you! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.