Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,928
    benjs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    And let’s not forget it’s not just police and firefighters. I know it’s hip to hate them … it’s pilots, sanitation workers, EMS workers, teachers etc…. Like I said. Where do we go from here ? Let them walk and hopefully fill their positions in time? Hopefully not too many innocent people pay the ultimate price for this standoff. 
    "Ultimate price"? I think some people consider the "ultimate price" dying, and the "innocent people" the ones who followed all mandates and died because others wouldn't.

Let 'em all lose their jobs. Let your city become disgusting for three weeks. Let people start to own their actions, and give them consequences. 

Waiting for people to do the right thing just isn't getting us where we need to be, fast enough.
    Yes dying …waiting for an ambulance. Waiting for a firefighter. Waiting for a cop. Longer response times. 
  • Options
    benjs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    And let’s not forget it’s not just police and firefighters. I know it’s hip to hate them … it’s pilots, sanitation workers, EMS workers, teachers etc…. Like I said. Where do we go from here ? Let them walk and hopefully fill their positions in time? Hopefully not too many innocent people pay the ultimate price for this standoff. 
    "Ultimate price"? I think some people consider the "ultimate price" dying, and the "innocent people" the ones who followed all mandates and died because others wouldn't.

Let 'em all lose their jobs. Let your city become disgusting for three weeks. Let people start to own their actions, and give them consequences. 

Waiting for people to do the right thing just isn't getting us where we need to be, fast enough.
    I'm with you.  Let them lose their jobs.
  • Options
    Waiting for a cop might just prolong their life. NYPD is 81% vaccinated, I believe. I wonder what percentage of the remaining 19% are a subset of the 3% absenteeism?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,348
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    The vast majority of health workers in BC are vaccinated, though vaccinations lag in Northern (96% vaccinated) and Interior (94% vaccinated) Health Authorities. All of the other health authorities are at 98% vaccination of health care workers. Unfortunately, this still leaves about 3,000 unvaccinated, which will have an impact, given how much stress health care workers are already under.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/6-per-cent-of-health-care-workers-in-b-c-interior-unvaccinated-significantly-more-than-in-other-regions-1.5645744
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    interesting wasn't expecting to see this in newsweek:

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,090

why not? it's an opinion piece. does newsweek not usually post opinion pieces?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

IDK seems like even op-ed pieces becoming less and less if doesn't fit the "narrative".

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,348

IDK seems like even op-ed pieces becoming less and less if doesn't fit the "narrative".

their bios state they are part of this....

also found it curious they didny cite any other study about natural immunity except for the israeli study. has that studies findings been replicated? where does it now stand in the face of delta?

the article also seems short on mention of delta and its apparent effects on children etc....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,802

This opinion is a joke piece.  The punch line is.. "Mounting evidence indicates that natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting than vaccine-induced immunity"

This is untrue.  The evidence points the other way.  Only this Israeli study from several months ago comes to this conclusion,  and the anti vaxxers point to it every time.  Yet last time I checked,  it wasn't even peer reviewed.  

By contrast,  the CDC just published a study that comes to the exact opposite conclusion. The vaccines were 5x more effective in reducing severe symptoms.  
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm

Although I have to give it to the evil Dr. Fauci. This guy has been in govt for 40 years,  just waiting to spring this deception on us.  He played the long game. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,155
    mrussel1 said:

This opinion is a joke piece.  The punch line is.. "Mounting evidence indicates that natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting than vaccine-induced immunity"

This is untrue.  The evidence points the other way.  Only this Israeli study from several months ago comes to this conclusion,  and the anti vaxxers point to it every time.  Yet last time I checked,  it wasn't even peer reviewed.  

By contrast,  the CDC just published a study that comes to the exact opposite conclusion. The vaccines were 5x more effective in reducing severe symptoms.  https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm

Although I have to give it to the evil Dr. Fauci. This guy has been in govt for 40 years,  just waiting to spring this deception on us.  He played the long game. 
    It's only a matter of time before he reveals his ultimate goal.  Soon it will be "discovered" that the only way to protect yourself from viruses like Covid are to eat babies in the basement of pizza shops.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

That is a brutal review of Fauci.  Ouch.

I would be interested to see if other scientists come out against him too.

When I read Big Tech and how it silenced people I really wanted to go and retrieve my tinfoil hat but hey.  If more start coming forward I'd be interested.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

By contrast,  the CDC just published a study that comes to the exact opposite conclusion. The vaccines were 5x more effective in reducing severe symptoms.  https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm

this is exactly what I had read. But I keep reading claims (without proof) of the opposite. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

When I read Big Tech and how it silenced people I really wanted to go and retrieve my tinfoil hat but hey.  If more start coming forward I'd be interested.
    Brutal review? The main point is absolutely false.  If the premise or starting point of an argument is a lie,  then the whole thing falls apart. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,132

I would be suspect of any "scientist" that came out against him.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    PJNB said:
    Kids have to wear covid masks outside instead of halloween masks in my area for the 31st.. Also parents have to wear them outside too even just standing on the street. My kids are not allowed to go trick or treating with friends or family members not in our household either. So if they see a classmate or a cousin out trick or treating I have to explain to them yes you can sit on the bus with them yes you can play in the playground with them but sorry you can't go door to door with them cause well I dont have a good reason sorry kiddos. 

They had me at the start of this pandemic but my care for what the province is pushing now is severely dropping. 

Going door to door kids could unknowingly spread the virus as a carrier to large groups of older people who are not within the daily school community. On the bus, playground etc the initial spread would be with other kids within the same cohort.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Kids have to wear covid masks outside instead of halloween masks in my area for the 31st.. Also parents have to wear them outside too even just standing on the street. My kids are not allowed to go trick or treating with friends or family members not in our household either. So if they see a classmate or a cousin out trick or treating I have to explain to them yes you can sit on the bus with them yes you can play in the playground with them but sorry you can't go door to door with them cause well I dont have a good reason sorry kiddos. 

They had me at the start of this pandemic but my care for what the province is pushing now is severely dropping. 

Going door to door kids could unknowingly spread the virus as a carrier to large groups of older people who are not within the daily school community. On the bus, playground etc the initial spread would be with other kids within the same cohort.
    That risk is pretty low no?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Brutal review? The main point is absolutely false.  If the premise or starting point of an argument is a lie,  then the whole thing falls apart. 
    The Israel study is their backup for the herd immunity case, so not entirely false.

Didn't Sweeden try for the herd immunity effect too?  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

The Israel study is their backup for the herd immunity case, so not entirely false.

they did, and despite what the article said, it was an unmitigated disaster. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2021
    PJNB said:

If one child has covid and visits 75 houses with mostly older homeowners to me the risk seemes to be much greater than a few kids in the playground. 

Wouldn't you consider walking door to door and being within six feet of the occupants among the worst activities during a pandemic, assuming we are still in one?

Edit,

I had no issue with my kid trick or treating,  I just recognized the difference in the activities potential risk right away as OP explained
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    PJNB said:

If one child has covid and visits 75 houses with mostly older homeowners to me the risk seemes to be much greater than a few kids in the playground. 

Wouldn't you consider walking door to door and being within six feet of the occupants among the worst activities during a pandemic, assuming we are still in one?

Definitely not "one of the worse activities", given that the kids are outside and the interaction is very brief. There is little to no chance of transmission in a 15 second conversation, even unmasked, and I'm guessing that most people were masked. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Definitely not "one of the worse activities", given that the kids are outside and the interaction is very brief. There is little to no chance of transmission in a 15 second conversation, even unmasked, and I'm guessing that most people were masked. 
    Some kids had halloween masks on some didn't.  No kid wore a protective mask by me.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

they did, and despite what the article said, it was an unmitigated disaster. 
    I thought it was.  Thanks
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Some kids had halloween masks on some didn't.  No kid wore a protective mask by me.
    I’m guessing/hoping that the “mostly older homeowners” wore masks, if they were concerned. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

The Israeli study was never peer reviewed in the US. And Sweden's covid numbers, deaths and hospitalizations were far,  far worse than surrounding Nordic countries.  The data is so clear. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,045
    PJNB said:

Trick or treating and exposures with kids and the older population was not what I was talking about. I was talking about kids being able to play in the playground in the day and at night they were not allowed to go trick or treating together, 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    PJNB said:

Still seems dumb to now allow kids to trick or treat together, but they can ride the bus and sit with each other at school.
    If a kid is a carrier, what does the size of the group have to do with it if you’re worried about older people passing out candy?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    mace1229 said:
    PJNB said:

Still seems dumb to now allow kids to trick or treat together, but they can ride the bus and sit with each other at school.
    If a kid is a carrier, what does the size of the group have to do with it if you’re worried about older people passing out candy?

It’s not the size of the group, it’s when a kid is going door to door, they are continually engaging many different cohorts of the population outside of the school community, which they are likely not doing as much  when on the school bus or playground. Again, I had no issue about my kid out on Halloween, but this policy example is understandable.

• Options
    PJNB said:

I’d challenge the normal time for transmission when involving kids who are typically terrible at health hygiene, such as covering their nose when sneezing and using hand sanitizer after coughing/sneezing.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Edit,

I had no issue with my kid trick or treating,  I just recognized the difference in the activities potential risk right away as OP explained
    Outside and spending like 1 minute there max? Low risk 
    hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.