Options

psst...6/15/2021

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,435
    Random drops are always better than planned. Especially for limited edition items. (I did not score)
    Usual drops are on the 10th.  This happened on the 15th a Tuesday.
    ? That’s what I am saying here. I like the randomness. 
    Agreed. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    LeMarcoLeMarco Posts: 94
    People should give more often.  It's a piece of clear vinyl.  :)    If mine weren't going to a friend, I'd give it away.  :)
  • Options
    BC62528BC62528 Posts: 200
    RS65573 said:
    Thank you. I missed and got on eBay. LOVE the bat.
    Agree. The bat is awesome to display and of high quality.  Even my wife, for once, was supportive of that PJ purchase outside of the occasional records and cds.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Random drops are always better than planned. Especially for limited edition items. (I did not score)
    Usual drops are on the 10th.  This happened on the 15th a Tuesday.
    ? That’s what I am saying here. I like the randomness. 
    DOH!  Misread what you said.  I thought you were FOR the usual drops.
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    RS65573 said:
    Can someone tell me when the bat went up, and for how long?
    Hour and a half?

Most PJ fans don't like baseball apparently?
    I believe that they didn't really announce it to everyone. There was no psst, and the email didn't go out to everyone in 10C. I think it may have just gone out to people who bought tix the streaming event or something. I forget exactly. But that was why it lasted so long.
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    This kind of feels like the Coke bottle Ten to me. Sure I would've liked to have it, but this is honestly the first time I've thought about that particular release since it came out and I missed out.

To those of you who scored clear No Code, I say, great! Enjoy spinning it or flipping it or melting it into a clock or whatever you choose. For those who missed out, try not to stress. If you absolutely can't live without it, then you know where to go. If not, then I'm willing to bet you'll forget about it in a few weeks time, especially once your vault and holiday singles show up.

Now if it had some kind of exclusive mix or something on it, then it would've been more like the 3-disc PJ20, and I'd be right there with the angry mob, pitchfork in hand! 
  • Options
    mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    apirk72 said:
    Ok so you do it for a colored No Code, they then have to do it for literally every limited release?  They do it for the vaults and all you hear is bitching and complaining about shipping times.  

Dischord did it with one special box set they don’t do it with all the colored reissues they’ve been putting out this year because that would be a terrible business model.  
    If they did something really special sure I would agree with using the model they use for the Vault but just a colored reissue of an album they reissued a few years ago doesn’t seem like a good idea.
    They called it a pre-order.  I saw the email and figured I had time to get one.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    JamesN said:
    Odd that Santos still has the listing up - Usually when an item sells out (especially with this much controversy), he takes it down & moves on...
    Maybe there's (FALSE) hope another batch will be offered, or he's leaving it there to remind us how merch-crazy we are ~
    {rubbing it in a little} 😆
    Lets hope :)
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    Sucks for those that wanted the limited edition clear and the wording could of been much better but it does look like the black will be easy to get if all you wanted to do was spin the record. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,859
    Pearl Jam - No Code Vinyl placeholder https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B096TL5PL9 Amazon Canada

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,373
    pdalowsky said:
    JamesN said:
    Odd that Santos still has the listing up - Usually when an item sells out (especially with this much controversy), he takes it down & moves on...
    Maybe there's (FALSE) hope another batch will be offered, or he's leaving it there to remind us how merch-crazy we are ~
    {rubbing it in a little} 😆
    Lets hope :)
    I think a sold out is a better landing page than a 404 not found error for those just seeing the NL.
  • Options
    LaddieLaddie Posts: 301
    Sorry if I missed it but how is the black version different from the 2016 release? The description for amazon says its the first time available since original release.  Just bad cut and paste?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,435
    Laddie said:
    Sorry if I missed it but how is the black version different from the 2016 release? The description for amazon says its the first time available since original release.  Just bad cut and paste?
    There hasn’t been any further update from the ten club so it’s assumed they just cut and pasted without updating the description. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:
    There hasn’t been any further update from the ten club so it’s assumed they just cut and pasted without updating the description. 
    Imagine having a fan club where 10's of thousands of fans all have the same questions and the fan club actually hires moderators and they don't answer the questions the fans have been asking?
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    Magnitude said:
    I was lucky to get one. Reading this thread I can see a lot of people are disappointed. To be upset at the band or 10c is pretty ridiculous though. They sold some records at a fair price that were made in limited quantities. Big deal. Does that really justify crucifying them? When I get mine in the mail I’ll be listing it here for my cost including the shipping I paid which is $60 cad plus whatever it costs to ship to the buyer. So no loss or gain to me. I think it’s pretty silly that some people are that upset over this. I don’t want it or need it that badly. Hopefully I can make someone happy.

EDIT: $60 cad plus shipping. The $60 will go to Operation Yellow Ribbon @elwayvedder

Can I dibs this now?  

Edit:  will happily pay now so money can go to OYR asap 

Been getting numerous PM's, I'm not going to respond to any. I don't want to take any money now until I get it in hand. I'll list in the lost dogs forum when I get it and the first person to respond can have it. $60 to Dave and the shipping cost to me.
    I'm going to rescind this offer because I'm getting a ton of messages. When I get it I'll decide what to do with it. Maybe I'll just unpack my old turntable and spin it. Haven't spun a record in years. As promised though, Dave @elwayvedder, $60 cad coming your way.
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    Magnitude said:
    I was lucky to get one. Reading this thread I can see a lot of people are disappointed. To be upset at the band or 10c is pretty ridiculous though. They sold some records at a fair price that were made in limited quantities. Big deal. Does that really justify crucifying them? When I get mine in the mail I’ll be listing it here for my cost including the shipping I paid which is $60 cad plus whatever it costs to ship to the buyer. So no loss or gain to me. I think it’s pretty silly that some people are that upset over this. I don’t want it or need it that badly. Hopefully I can make someone happy.

EDIT: $60 cad plus shipping. The $60 will go to Operation Yellow Ribbon @elwayvedder

Can I dibs this now?  

Edit:  will happily pay now so money can go to OYR asap 

Been getting numerous PM's, I'm not going to respond to any. I don't want to take any money now until I get it in hand. I'll list in the lost dogs forum when I get it and the first person to respond can have it. $60 to Dave and the shipping cost to me.
    I'm going to rescind this offer because I'm getting a ton of messages. When I get it I'll decide what to do with it. Maybe I'll just unpack my old turntable and spin it. Haven't spun a record in years. As promised though, Dave @elwayvedder, $60 cad coming your way.
    donation received. this is amazing. i am speechless. thank you John!!
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    Sorry but this is complete and utter bullshit. Its not even about missing out as I have an original pressing of no code. It’s the trend of the band & 10c basically promoting flipping. Not to mention I’m sure they will offer copies through an auction that will sell at some astronomical price. Some of us have to work all day for a living. Receiving an email late in the day just to click and see it’s sold out is fucking bullshit. I love colored/clear vinyl and would’ve loved to spin my favorite record on clear vinyl but had no chance at it unless I want to go to the eBay.  This is just an ugly trend for merch and is starting to feel like the PJ “brand” is becoming bigger than it should. Oh well, congrats to those that lucked out and got one. 

Btw, fuck off to every single asshole that already has it listed on eBay.
    They can’t seem to win. The “limited” purple 10 release was a joke to everyone. But when it’s actually limited that means they promote flipping? 
    Do we know how many were actually made? My guess is less than 10% are being flipped. They wanted to do something different, with unique clear vinyl to celebrate NC. I think that’s cool-ish. There’s already so many different versions of their vinyl I don’t really care about anything other than original pressings anymore. But to discourage flipping, what should they do, charge $200 instead of $35? If the band sells something for less than what it can sell on eBay, some will always be flipped. Happens with posters, vinyl, even the bat. I’d rather let the 10% go to flippers over paying triple the price to 10c.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,023
    edited June 2021
    How long was this open for preorder? 
    About 10 mins
    Please defend this @Santos L. Halper 

I just want to read the defense for this practise of artificial scarcity written out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Imagine having a fan club where 10's of thousands of fans all have the same questions and the fan club actually hires moderators and they don't answer the questions the fans have been asking?
    this
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,967
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:
    Im with you brother
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    About 10 mins

I just want to read the defense for this practise of artificial scarcity written out.

It was more around 40 minutes before it sold out. Santos even commented on this thread shortly before it sold out that there were only 200 left which he rarely does. Outside of the potential misinformation on the pressing (which has now been removed from item's description in the store) I feel like this sale went pretty good. If people were paying attention to the forum and social media they had a chance. If they relied on the emails, not so much.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    on2legs said:
    Laddie said:
    the mods aren't here to answer our questions about merch. any time someone has a question about merch, we're supposed to send 10C an email. you'll likely get a non-response anyway, but any time I've asked a mod something like this I get told "not sure, contact 10C via email". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,821
    this

9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    kenk said:
    About 10 mins

It was more around 40 minutes before it sold out. Santos even commented on this thread shortly before it sold out that there were only 200 left which he rarely does. Outside of the potential misinformation on the pressing (which has now been removed from item's description in the store) I feel like this sale went pretty good. If people were paying attention to the forum and social media they had a chance. If they relied on the emails, not so much.
    I rarely pay close attention on social media or here in the middle of a work day (or weekend) unless it’s t he 10th.
    Im not complaining, if they wanted to do very limited releases of reissues I don’t have a problem with that. Just saying the average Joe who wanted one probably didn’t get it. I don’t spend my day following what’s going on. I’ll check in 2 or 3 times in a day, but that’s about all. I guess that means I miss out on limited releases. I’m okay with that. Maybe until it’s something I really, really wanted.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    About 10 mins

They wouldn't talk about 10C singles, why would they defend that?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,178
    kenk said:
    About 10 mins

Funny enough, it was the email that clued me in.  I saw the email notification on my phone when it came in.  Otherwise I would of completely missed it.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    It's a great record that we've all heard before.
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    I know very few will get this but

I would love to see Pearl Jam sign with Amrep just so I could read Tom Hazlemyer’s responses to all these complaints and demands.
  • Options
    timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    mace1229 said:
    kenk said:
    About 10 mins

I rarely pay close attention on social media or here in the middle of a work day (or weekend) unless it’s t he 10th.
    Im not complaining, if they wanted to do very limited releases of reissues I don’t have a problem with that. Just saying the average Joe who wanted one probably didn’t get it. I don’t spend my day following what’s going on. I’ll check in 2 or 3 times in a day, but that’s about all. I guess that means I miss out on limited releases. I’m okay with that. Maybe until it’s something I really, really wanted.
    Nor me. don't have any social. Happened to check my phone (about quarter past), thought about it for a good five minutes (do I really need this?) then decided I didn't need it but would like to have it and went ahead.
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London