How comfortable are you attending a concert??

1235»

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    edited June 2021
    I will be ready by the fall to attend all shows again
    I'm fully vaccinated and looking forward to concerts, just as I was looking forward to being able to travel again. The hard part, for me, is not getting over my fear of COVID (yay, science!) -- it's the realization that everyone else is out there itching to travel, go to restaurants, and attend concerts again. So. Many. People. :o   *That* is a shock to the system for this introvert.
    This is a big part of it. I hated crowds and lines before COVID. Going back to them isn't exciting even if that is the price of going back to normal. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,973
    I’m ready today! Indoors, outdoors, don’t care, I’m there!
    JimmyV said:
    I'm fully vaccinated and looking forward to concerts, just as I was looking forward to being able to travel again. The hard part, for me, is not getting over my fear of COVID (yay, science!) -- it's the realization that everyone else is out there itching to travel, go to restaurants, and attend concerts again. So. Many. People. :o   *That* is a shock to the system for this introvert.
    This is a big part of it. I hated crowds and lines before COVID. Going back to them isn't exciting even if that is the price of going back to normal. 

I'm really rethinking the appeal/idea of restaurants -- especially when demand is so high around here right now that I have to make reservations weeks in advance. Throwing a Trader Joe's pizza in the oven, opening a bottle of wine, putting on a nice dress and watching the sunset sounds pretty good to me.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    JimmyV said:

I'm really rethinking the appeal/idea of restaurants -- especially when demand is so high around here right now that I have to make reservations weeks in advance. Throwing a Trader Joe's pizza in the oven, opening a bottle of wine, putting on a nice dress and watching the sunset sounds pretty good to me.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    Got vaccinated so as comfortable as I'm going to get. First show is Alanis Morissette on August 13th.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    I will only be comfortable with Outdoor shows by the fall
    dankind said:
    JimmyV said:

Get in line, pal
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    Hoping to get a ticket tomorrow morning for Foo Fighters at MSG for June 20. Bought a ticket for SHN, and purchased my plane tkts for Ohana (now need to find weekend passes). I’ll be extremely excited with a small side of apprehension @ MSG. 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,973
    SHZA said:
    dankind said:
    JimmyV said:

Get in line, pal

;)

27th anniversary coming up this month (and he's fine with just the pizza, sunset, and sweatpants. <3  ).

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    edited June 2021
    SHZA said:
    dankind said:
    JimmyV said:

Get in line, pal

;)

27th anniversary coming up this month (and he's fine with just the pizza, sunset, and sweatpants. <3  ).

Congrats! 

Well done, both of you. 

My wife seems to still think I’m worth it. Our 14th coming up also this month. I’ve learned over these “the beginning of the end times” months that she is not a fan of sweatpants, though! :lol:

If there’s a next round of the beginning of the end times or perhaps the first round of the middle of the end times, we’ll see if she likes culottes. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 173
    I will only be comfortable with Outdoor shows by the fall
    Just bought tickets to Judas Priest in November, however I'm still on the fence. We'll see how I feel in a few months.
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    edited June 2021
    Seeing Phish in July, August, September, and October :)

Been fully vaxxed since 3/1.  Still don't go out much.  I live in Texas.

Pretty much every band seems ready to go except for Pearl Jam (besides the two festival gigs).
    Post edited by ryanphishes on
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020