Options

Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    edited May 2021
    Thurs i have my second dose of AZ  after a 12 week gap. To say im shitting it is an understatement 
    Bring baby wipes and disposable underwear.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,939
    edited May 2021
    Im going this  morning for shot  #2 AZ. Sans diaper mcgruff
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I received my first Pfizer shot yesterday morning. Woke up last night with a piercing headache and sore arm. Took some Advil and went to work today feeling decent. Pumped the Advil all day as I worked a double shift and I needed the use of my left arm because I'm a massage therapist. I feel fine now.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Well i had  2nd shot right  now. I of course  have a gripe. The people  giving  these do not aspirate which i believe to be very important  in an inter muscular  injection  can some one tell me if its important? I asked please before hand  and they said we haven't  been trained to do that??? Utter bullshit. Im very upset
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Well i had  2nd shot right  now. I of course  have a gripe. The people  giving  these do not aspirate which i believe to be very important  in an inter muscular  injection  can some one tell me if its important? I asked please before hand  and they said we haven't  been trained to do that??? Utter bullshit. Im very upset
    Aspiration is not required or beneficial for injections given in the deltoid because there are no major blood vessels in the area, Rob. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Ok thank you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    My partner has just been on the phone to her dad's  dr because  he has now gone past 12 weeks after 1st dose  and  they said they have run out of pfizer and he must now wait another 8 weeks taking the  gap to 20 weeks he is 71 . Its not acceptable  but  there  seems nowhere else to ask.  So we have run out of pfizer here? Stupid to give a 71 year old a 2 shot vaccine without securing  tge 2nd dose. Typical boris government.  Idiots
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    My partner has just been on the phone to her dad's  dr because  he has now gone past 12 weeks after 1st dose  and  they said they have run out of pfizer and he must now wait another 8 weeks taking the  gap to 20 weeks he is 71 . Its not acceptable  but  there  seems nowhere else to ask.  So we have run out of pfizer here? Stupid to give a 71 year old a 2 shot vaccine without securing  tge 2nd dose. Typical boris government.  Idiots

Sorry to hear Rob.

I feel that the US is just hoarding the shit of vaccines right now. I know we have MILLIONS of AstraZeneca that we pretty much plan on never using yet we are holding them , I feel this is a moral issue for the world , like why are we not shipping these to India right now or places that are running into issues ( aka your dad's issue ).

Its heartbreaking to see those suffering yet we have a country full of people who will not take it.

Sorry not to derail thread.

Rant over.

• Options
    Now i have a bigger problem  my son is 22 and his  gf is 21 they  both had  AZ same day as me.1st dose.  Now they are due 2nd on Sat.   Now. We are not giving AZ to under 30s. 
    What to do, they are scared  4 people so far in uk have had clots after 2nd dose
     That's  1 in a million
     But if thats my son those odds mean nothing.  What  to advise? Dr receptionist said if had 1 have 2. 
    But if they  wait and see another month whats the harm...none. he also has health anxiety and she is on the pill.
    An awful choice.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,518
    In Canada, we are advised to weigh the risk of AZ and waiting for mRNA vaccine. If counts are low in the area, waiting is preferable, said one official (Dr. Tam) recently.

We are also waiting the results of Europe's guineapig's mix n match trials.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Im starting  to think this country  is talking shit to us. I never was anti vaxxer but i can now see past the utter  bullshit  we are being fed. We are meant to be ok with oh now no under 40s. After our kids have one dose. Im fucking livid and this clown rich  boy borris can go fuck himself  fast.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I get mine this AM…I held out for Pfizer or Moderno…will find out which one at my app…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Good man. Best of luck. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Good man. Best of luck. 
    Thank you.  I am sure it will be fine.  I have faith.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I get mine this AM…I held out for Pfizer or Moderno…will find out which one at my app…
    "Moderno" sounds like the race car of vaccines ;)

Will certainly be fine within a couple of days, even if you have some side effects; it's all worth it. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Im starting  to think this country  is talking shit to us. I never was anti vaxxer but i can now see past the utter  bullshit  we are being fed. We are meant to be ok with oh now no under 40s. After our kids have one dose. Im fucking livid and this clown rich  boy borris can go fuck himself  fast.

It looks like your young adult children will receive the same AZ second dose, irrespective of age in your country. Dr. B. Henry said this week that adverse reactions are more common in the first dose, so I hope that eases your mind, Robbie.

Pic from CNN reporting on the UK
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Ive spoken at length with my son who also suffers with health anxiety  like daddy. 
    He cancelled  and i agree his second dose. Atm the risk of covid is very low in uk and he has 75% from 1st dose. So no point . Let them work it all out and then we can see. Im pretty much done with all of this ,well everything really.

Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    After my 2nd dose of Pfizer on Wednesday, I had a sore arm and body aches yesterday. Probably started really feeling crappy about 24 hours later. Felt very much like the first day I became symptomatic with Covid. Today, fine as usual with very mild arm soreness yet.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    After my 2nd dose of Pfizer on Wednesday, I had a sore arm and body aches yesterday. Probably started really feeling crappy about 24 hours later. Felt very much like the first day I became symptomatic with Covid. Today, fine as usual with very mild arm soreness yet.
    We had twin experiences. I also got vaxxed Wednesday, felt okay most of that day, a little under the weather when I woke up Thursday and it got worse as the day went on until I had a wicked headache and nausea. I had a nap late afternoon and an early bedtime and feel just fine today.  
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,422
    My understanding about taking medicine for side effects: Don't "pre-game" - it's not helpful to take ibuprofen/tylenol before your shot and could inhibit your production of antibodies. But it's fine to take either after your shot to alleviate side effects.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    edited May 2021
    Ive spoken at length with my son who also suffers with health anxiety  like daddy. 
    He cancelled  and i agree his second dose. Atm the risk of covid is very low in uk and he has 75% from 1st dose. So no point . Let them work it all out and then we can see. Im pretty much done with all of this ,well everything really.

I've had both Moderna vaccinations and got them with much hesitation.  I figured it was better to do it than to face the flack I would get from strong pro-vaccination people.  I'm not anti-vacc, but I am skeptical, especially regarding the COVID vaccinations. 
    Why?  A few reasons.  One, I've never had such a harsh reaction to a vaccination.  Two, a lot of people have said the same.  Three, they rushed these out.  Four, there's been far more politicizing of the vaccination than any I've ever seem.  Five, the vaccination are not FDA approved.  Six, there is no clear message about what the long term affects could be.  One doc told me that some of the vaccinations start a sort of feedback loop that can't be turned off.  I wish I were more savvy about explaining that, but it sounds bad.
    But remember, I did get them and I am not saying anyone should not get them.  What I am saying is we would all do well to be more skeptical and not believe things we don't know more about.  That's just never a good idea.

P.S.  Best wishes to you and yours, Rob.  I hope none of you is having severe reactions to the injections.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    My understanding about taking medicine for side effects: Don't "pre-game" - it's not helpful to take ibuprofen/tylenol before your shot and could inhibit your production of antibodies. But it's fine to take either after your shot to alleviate side effects.
    I heard that too, but didn't know if I should avoid after my shot so I just powered through yesterday and dealt with the aches and pains. Glad it was gone when I woke up.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    We had twin experiences. I also got vaxxed Wednesday, felt okay most of that day, a little under the weather when I woke up Thursday and it got worse as the day went on until I had a wicked headache and nausea. I had a nap late afternoon and an early bedtime and feel just fine today.  
    Ha! Yeah, people were asking me in the morning how I was doing and I was like, nothing much right now. And then all of a sudden it just came on. Glad I didn't get a headache. I was worried that would be part of it.
  • Options
    The evidence is fairly modest and not related specifically to covid vaccinations, but there is a small body of data suggesting that taking antiinflammatories in particular prior to immunization can reduce the production of antibodies. There aren't any studies on covid vaccination that I'm aware of.

Taking acetaminophen or ibuprofen afterwards, if you get side effects, is thought to be okay but again little to no evidence on this. I totally avoided anything after my first dose but that was easier since I had it on a Friday and had the weekend off. Got the second dose on a Wednesday and had to work the rest of the week, so I eventually caved and took acetaminophen on Thursday afternoon so that I could finish my work day. 
  • Options
    tish said:
    In Canada, we are advised to weigh the risk of AZ and waiting for mRNA vaccine. If counts are low in the area, waiting is preferable, said one official (Dr. Tam) recently.

We are also waiting the results of Europe's guineapig's mix n match trials.
    The counts were low here…plus I’m off work due to lockdown and waited for the Pfizer which I got today…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Got the Pfizer vaccine today and so far zero side effects… 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    brianlux said:

I've had both Moderna vaccinations and got them with much hesitation.  I figured it was better to do it than to face the flack I would get from strong pro-vaccination people.  I'm not anti-vacc, but I am skeptical, especially regarding the COVID vaccinations. 
    Why?  A few reasons.  One, I've never had such a harsh reaction to a vaccination.  Two, a lot of people have said the same.  Three, they rushed these out.  Four, there's been far more politicizing of the vaccination than any I've ever seem.  Five, the vaccination are not FDA approved.  Six, there is no clear message about what the long term affects could be.  One doc told me that some of the vaccinations start a sort of feedback loop that can't be turned off.  I wish I were more savvy about explaining that, but it sounds bad.
    But remember, I did get them and I am not saying anyone should not get them.  What I am saying is we would all do well to be more skeptical and not believe things we don't know more about.  That's just never a good idea.

P.S.  Best wishes to you and yours, Rob.  I hope none of you is having severe reactions to the injections.
    As far as rushing the vaccines, scientists have been studying similar viruses for years (SARS and MERS); so there was a lot of scientific data behind the vaccinations already.  COVID is also known scientifically as SARs-Cov-2.  I understand the hesitation about the vaccines but the scientist say it will protect you from becoming seriously ill if you are infected with COVID.  That to me was enough to make my vaccine decision.
  • Options
    Bringing down a fever with meds is not a good idea in general. Your  body raises its temp to fight.  That's  good.
    If you lower it then it is not able to do its job correctly.  Allow  moderate fever to burn. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Was super excited when AZ opened up to over 40 here in Ontario and since I work in a grocery store with the public I figured I'd listen to the experts and take the 1st shot offered to me. Got 1st shot April 26 and had a few side effects but nothing major, all clear and 2nd shot booked for August. Fast forward to today where it's announced that Ontario is pausing AZ for 1st shot and once again telling people that Pfizer/ Moderna is better choice if you can wait.  Also not sure if they'll have AZ for 2nd shot so might be a guinea pig for mixing vaccines. At least there are almost 2 million other Canadians in this predicament. Best day ever. 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12