Options

psst...11/10/2020

Comments

• Options
    Buy buy buy. But no 45s holiday single from 3 years ago? Pass. This is an insult. 
     They update the holiday singles,
    2017 & 2018 Analog Members Only
    2017 and 2018 Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine Update: 

Thank You for your patience! 
    The production process will still take some time as we have been manufacturing the Ten Club Singles in-house for the first time ever.
    There is no date, just more time. Been 3 years u just lost a customer ten club. 
     i understand man,i just passed u the info from newsletter
    Thanks man. I know and I appreciate it!! Stay safe buddy!
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,583
    I bought the vault vinyl about 5 minutes ago, just because the newsletter made me think they are cutting it off soon, and I procrastinated and forgot to order the last vault.
    What's in the newsletter???
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    nalyd61 said:
    I believe the purple is exclusive to 10C. 
    Target will have a different variant. 
    If that’s the case then I think it’s strange the someone wasted their time mocking up a Target hype sticker that says purple vinyl. 

I noticed and disregarded the Target sticker, noticed and disregarded the fact that there is no way that they would only charge $18 for a true club exclusive pressing, and noticed and disregarded the obscene shipping rate. Saw “Ten Club Exclusive” in the email and charged through as fast as I could, ignoring all the warning signs. The merch situation with this band has broken my brain. 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,958
    nalyd61 said:
    Why do you think that? 

If thats the case, why the special "purple vinyl/Target" sticker for a 10c variant? This variant would have nothing to do with Target. It would just be a variant of the normal black pressing, why note Target? 

• Options
    Whah, missed out. 
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    nalyd61 said:
    Why do you think that? 

If thats the case, why the special "purple vinyl/Target" sticker for a 10c variant? This variant would have nothing to do with Target. It would just be a variant of the normal black pressing, why note Target? 

100% agree with you. People forget that the items sold on 10 Club are not by any means exclusive to Ten Club. The Coke Bottle version of Ten was sold by Newbury. Both the purple and black versions of Mad Season Sonic Evolution were available pretty much everywhere. Even the recent Unplugged was available at a lot of shops recently. I don't know better than anyone else, but to say that Target will have a different variant is just a wild guess at this point. Nothing really backs that up.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,183
    I ordered one because I'm a sucker for colour vinyl.

To be fair I've never opened my coke bottle copy either, or my reissue of the original version, or the boxset version.  If I feel like listening to Ten on vinyl I usually play my old original copy :)  Not sure why I need so many copies of it.. shrug.
  • Options
    Too bad it wasn’t Binaural 
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 703
    Just my assumption based on the wording and target sticker. 

Tim Simmons said:
    nalyd61 said:
    Why do you think that? 

• Options
    I don't think this will be that rare. Target will probably have thousands of copies.

• Options
    My contact at Target has said the Target Exclusives to be released soon will be the exact same as these.
    This was just a special exclusive pre-order, first dibs, for tenclub members.
  • Options
    tdawe said:

I noticed and disregarded the Target sticker, noticed and disregarded the fact that there is no way that they would only charge $18 for a true club exclusive pressing, and noticed and disregarded the obscene shipping rate. Saw “Ten Club Exclusive” in the email and charged through as fast as I could, ignoring all the warning signs. The merch situation with this band has broken my brain. 
    I don't know why $18 is surprising.  Benaroya was originally only $35 for the 4 vinyl set.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    tdawe said:

I don't know why $18 is surprising.  Benaroya was originally only $35 for the 4 vinyl set.
    A whole different era for both the Ten Club and the vinyl market in general. 
  • Options
    ha, "10 club exclusive".  They are getting good with the wording these days.  Have the sticker on the picture, but not mention anything about the release in stores and get us all good with the shipping cost. 
  • Options
    Tenclub just restocked more purple vinyls, if you still want one.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,067
    This is fine but as someone else said I have bought Ten about 5 different times. Don’t need another copy just because it’s on purple vinyl. How about repressing something we all haven’t been able to purchase easily?  Like Benaroyal or Live on two legs?  Or even Rearviewmirror?  
  • Options
    Still sold out. I would like to have this record but not from the 10c.
    I’m from Spain, we don’t have Target here. I hope to find it elsewhere.
  • Options
    DKedzie said:
    Shows I can now add it to cart, but when you check out it is "sold out".  Weird....
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Options
    sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263
    its back in stock if anyone missed out. 
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,066
    DKedzie said:
    Shows I can now add it to cart, but when you check out it is "sold out".  Weird....
    same here. grrrrrrrrowl.
  • Options
    xoannumxoannum Posts: 5
    edited November 2020
    It’s not in stock. It’s the same bad joke that happened 2 months ago with mtv unplugged. 
    Actually this happens every time with exclusive members items. It seems they like to play with us.

Post edited by xoannum on
  • Options
    This is fine but as someone else said I have bought Ten about 5 different times. Don’t need another copy just because it’s on purple vinyl. How about repressing something we all haven’t been able to purchase easily?  Like Benaroyal or Live on two legs?  Or even Rearviewmirror?  

That would make sense.
  • Options
    ah now, that's talking way too much sense!! 
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    If anyone got one and has buyer's remorse, let me know, missed out on it.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    still havent received the newsletter in my email

some months it comes, some it dont
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,232
    This is totally slimy by 10C listing it as 10C exclusive.   They just responded to me that it is available tomorrow from Target
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Back in stock. This time it let's me go through checkout.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    edited November 2020
    Horse2345 said:
    This is totally slimy by 10C listing it as 10C exclusive.   They just responded to me that it is available tomorrow from Target
    seriously?  wow. why even say members-only exclusive item?  Just leave that out 
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,232
    Horse2345 said:
    seriously?  wow. why even say members-only exclusive item?  Just leave that out 
    Exactly!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Its exclusive insomuch as you have to be a 10c member to buy it from the 10c. Not that the release is exclusive to the 10c (because why would they put a target logo sticker on the record)? 

come on guys.