• Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    10C bad....   Target good.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    edited November 2020
    jdasilvaf said:
    Like another poster said, I’ll gladly pay more in shipping to get my record packed and mailed by people who work for the band instead of  a massive Corp like Target that treats its employees like disposable labor. I can’t blame people for being frustrated about the costs and they way it was advertised. 

I'm with you. I'm sure 10C fires people, but I'm also sure they're on first-hand relations with all their employees.

I'm also cool with not spending money at "big box stores" when I can spend it elsewhere.

Oh...Santos has also slipped random stuff into past orders unannounced. Ya never know.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Groda03Groda03 Posts: 140
    Please don't buy the purple vinyl if it's going to upset you.  This is a band.  It's supposed to be fun.  People are crazy, I think.  I love everyone.  God bless.  
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    edited November 2020
    almost $14 less for me as shipping would be free and with the Red Card discount if I ordered from Target.  Happy to give 10c employees the extra $14 but not happy how this went down and the wording after all these years.  Pretty shitty customer experience to be honest. shocked actually.  Edit; it's also buy 2 get 1 free on Target. FYI
    Post edited by elwayvedder on
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    I think ordering from 10c was the best route for me. glad i ordered it last night. 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Vs said:
    PeterED said:
    $11 shipping on $18 record?
    USD 29.99 to Canada.
    Nope.

USD 11.00 for just a sticker.

C'mon, 10C!
    To Italy:

Subtotal

$18.00

Shipping

$20.99

to Greece

Subtotal :$18.00

Shipping :$35.00

$57.99 to canada 
  • Options
    Groda03 said:
    Please don't buy the purple vinyl if it's going to upset you.  This is a band.  It's supposed to be fun.  People are crazy, I think.  I love everyone.  God bless.  
    so true...this isn't taxes...this is a choice....don't want it don't buy it and move along
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,066
    If anyone picked up an extra Target copy please let me know! thanks!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Nami said:
    I think ordering from 10c was the best route for me. glad i ordered it last night. 

Same here too. $18.99 shipping to Canada? I'm happy. :)

• Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    edited November 2020
    demetrios said:
    Nami said:

18.99? My shipping cost to Canada was quoted a way more ($29.99) than that.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    Based on the cover of Ten, is Jeff way taller than everyone else in the band? His finger is pointing way up higher in the sky than anyone else's. I never noticed that before.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    PeterED said:
    demetrios said:
    Nami said:

Did you have anything else in cart? 
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    demetrios said:
    PeterED said:
    demetrios said:
    Nami said:

A sticker. (One)
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    demetrios said:
    PeterED said:
    demetrios said:
    Nami said:

just checked my order history, $18.99 as well- total $36.99US
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Do people really buy stuff based on exclusivity?   Are you collectors or flippers?  If you're collectors, you should be happy lots of other people have a chance at this and you had early access to a special pre-sale (Even after this morning's Target Pre-sale sell out - they will definitely want foot traffic). 

If you're flippers, then good. I'm glad they did this. Good for 10C. Maybe, this is part of their master plan to reduce flippers. 
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    nalyd61 said:
    I believe the purple is exclusive to 10C. 
    Target will have a different variant. 
    Homogenous Blue & Red
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    Do people really buy stuff based on exclusivity?   Are you collectors or flippers?  If you're collectors, you should be happy lots of other people have a chance at this and you had early access to a special pre-sale (Even after this morning's Target Pre-sale sell out - they will definitely want foot traffic). 

If you're flippers, then good. I'm glad they did this. Good for 10C. Maybe, this is part of their master plan to reduce flippers. 
    I disagree.  Doesn’t matter what you collect, scarcity is what collectors want.  I’m guessing next to none of us were buying this to listen to Ten on a different coloured record.  Collecting and owning scarce items make it fun.

Flippers want it scarce so they can make a quick buck off collectors who pay more to have it in their collection.

Frankly, I bought this cause I thought it was a limited item.  After doing this for years I’m learning that doesn’t mean anything anymore, just a marketing term to get people (like me) to buy it when it’s clearly not limited.

I live in Canada and can’t get it shipped from Target so I’m not cancelling my order cause I still want it for my collection, but I expect more transparency from a fan club that I pay to be apart of.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    Yeah. I don't flip but dig LE stuff. It's a lot more about the chase. Likely an obsession of sorts a lot of fans are down with.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999

I disagree, and this is a point I’m struggling to explain to you all about the nature of club exclusives in the vinyl world. When we’re talking about things like Target exclusive color presses, I’m all in favor of pressing as many as needed to let everyone who wants one get it without having to get their pockets run by flippers. In fact, even when they initially specify a number on the run (e.g. “Limited to 1,000 copies”) I’m in favor of the artist/label/distributor/whoever reneging on that and pressing more (this is actually happening quite a bit now and it’s causing no small amount of agita in the vinyl community). But when clubs that you pay dues to offer you the opportunity for an exclusive you’re justified in thinking that it’s going to be just that. I’ve lost track of the points I’ve made in the various threads but to repeat myself: there’s a reason why PJ Vaults trade as highly as they do (and this is relevant even if, like me, you have no intention of ever selling anything...it is a proxy for how desirable a given record is in the collecting community; I understand that some people might think that’s dumb, but at the end of the day any kind of collecting is dumb so we’re really just haggling over the proverbial price).

The problem here is not really that the run is less exclusive than we were lead to believe - as in they said they were pressing x number and they’re now actually pressing y number - it’s that as a member of this club I’ve come to expect that when they say something is a member exclusive - like the Vaults - that means it’s something special. 

I normally think that when people around here (or around other clubs) complain about “communication” it’s usually because they’re really upset about something more substantive but just don’t want to admit it. But this is the rare case where I really feel like it was a terrible job by the club of communicating what was on offer. If the newsletter had described it the way you did - as a first chance to order a Target color pressing - I would have (a) thought it was a nice gesture by the club, (b) had no sympathy for anyone here who complained about it (and you know there would have been some) and (c) definitely not bought it. That’s all they had to do - describe it accurately - and I would have been 200% on their side. Instead, the Ten Club - which was keeping the candle flame of vinyl collecting alive back in the darkest days, and which runs one of the best exclusive vinyl series around in the Vault releases - put out an email that was misleading in a way that I struggle to believe wasn’t deliberate. I can’t defend them on this one. 
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048

Did you read all of the comments?  Target is free shipping, 5% off and buy 2 get 1 free. Some people with this COVID economy would have liked to know there's at least a $14 savings.  In addition, it has to do with just having a good customer experience and not feeling mislead. That's it.
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Purple available again in the shop.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    Received mine today from the 10C. I want to thank them for saving me a trip to Target!
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    Did anyone actually find these in a Target?  All show sold out in store locally, but I forgot to check on Nov20
    i like sound...
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    edited November 2020
    camaros said:
    Did anyone actually find these in a Target?  All show sold out in store locally, but I forgot to check on Nov20
    I did.  My local Target had four copies.  I was there yesterday. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    camaros said:
    If you read through this thread you'll find a lot of people found what you found, and a handful found them at Target.  My target (30 min drive) says they have them...but I really don't like to go out of town to shop.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 126
    edited December 2020
    XO
    Post edited by artforbw on