#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    edited April 2021
    static111 said:
    Is everyone that is wholeheartedly agreeing with carville over 40?  I’m wondering if this is a generational worldview thing.  Most of the people I know would disagree with a lot of his opinion. And they aren’t all “far left”. For instance the Latinx thing, that is something that I was unaware of until people I know who are younger than me  and identify as Latinx and prefer the term explained it to me. I don’t think this is from those high falutin university teachers lounges as carville claims.  I think there is a lot of societal awakening to problematic cultural norms across t he board.

It kind of mirrors the right in a way, where when there is something he can’t understand he just blames academic echelons, that actually seems to be the Teapublican playbook of the last 15 years.  I hope that isn’t what he meant by messaging more like republicans.

What is today?  "Everybody's in the Same Boat Day"?  I was just reading something on another forum where this guy claims that everyone that has such and such are all exactly the same.
    Come on static, you can do better than that weak argument. Some of us are actually capable of forming thoughts independently of such strictures.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    Posted in the coronavirus thread, but this is way too good not to be shared here as well...

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Posted in the coronavirus thread, but this is way too good not to be shared here as well...

Is it good?  Really?  A man chooses to wear a mask even though CDC changes guidance.  This says a lot more about you than Biden.  
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    mrussel1 said:

Is it good?  Really?  A man chooses to wear a mask even though CDC changes guidance.  This says a lot more about you than Biden.  
    Well he is vaccinated, outdoors, and nowhere near anybody. Couldn't he demonstrate that it's okay to not be wearing a mask in this situation? The same way Trump's behavior led people to wrongly believe the virus wasn't a big deal, Biden makes it look like you should still be worried about it even if you're, as I said, vaccinated, outdoors, and nowhere near anybody. The other day, he was on Zoom with other world leaders, and he was the only one wearing a mask. If the vaccine works, as I believe it does, what's with the mask in these two situations? 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    mrussel1 said:

Well he is vaccinated, outdoors, and nowhere near anybody. Couldn't he demonstrate that it's okay to not be wearing a mask in this situation? The same way Trump's behavior led people to wrongly believe the virus wasn't a big deal, Biden makes it look like you should still be worried about it even if you're, as I said, vaccinated, outdoors, and nowhere near anybody. The other day, he was on Zoom with other world leaders, and he was the only one wearing a mask. If the vaccine works, as I believe it does, what's with the mask in these two situations? 

He walked to a fucking podium.  There's at least ONE camera there, and likely many more, along with all of the people that surround the president.  He's not walking aimlessly in a garden.  
    And was that zoom call outside, with no advisors anywhere near him?  I would seriously doubt that.  
    This from his instagram page the same day he strolled to the podium, fully vaccinated, outdoors, by himself with no one even close to him.  

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

He walked to a fucking podium.  There's at least ONE camera there, and likely many more, along with all of the people that surround the president.  He's not walking aimlessly in a garden.  
    And was that zoom call outside, with no advisors anywhere near him?  I would seriously doubt that.  
    Does it deserve front page coverage? No.
    But it is funny, and without a doubt is playing to the mask vs unmask division. There is zero reason to be wearing a mask in that situation other than to make a statement. That doesn't make him a bad person or bad president. But lets not pretend it was anything else. He was not surrounded by his people, there was clearly no one within 50 feet. And at least 1 camera? How close do you think that one camera ones?  Plenty far enough to not worry about it. 
    Like I said, I see it funny more than anything. But we don't need to pretend its anything other than what it was, making a statement.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

But it is funny, and without a doubt is playing to the mask vs unmask division. There is zero reason to be wearing a mask in that situation other than to make a statement. That doesn't make him a bad person or bad president. But lets not pretend it was anything else. He was not surrounded by his people, there was clearly no one within 50 feet. And at least 1 camera? How close do you think that one camera ones?  Plenty far enough to not worry about it. 
    Like I said, I see it funny more than anything. But we don't need to pretend its anything other than what it was, making a statement.

Maybe the statement is that he feels more comfortable in a mask while out in a public setting, and if so, there's plenty of reason to accept that, particularly for a guy his age. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

But he's vaccinated. And I think in the case of the Zoom, his advisers that surround him can keep a bit of a distance like the advisers to the other world leaders on the call. I know you're defensive of ole Joe and that's fine. But come on, if you made that same walk to the podium outdoors, vaccinated, and not near anybody, would you be wearing the mask? I think the thought of the Biden administration (pardon me, the BIden/Harris administration, as it's been instructed to be called) is to model wearing the masks to encourage it. Okay. But at some point, if the vaccine works as we're told it does, and CDC recommendations have changed, shouldn't they be modeling when also not to wear it? Or is it "better safe than sorry, so wear your mask for the rest of your life"?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think it's fucking stupid.  If someone wants to wear a mask, good for you.  Why do I care?
    And how do you know there is clearly no one within 50 feet?  Is there an omni camera that I didn't see?
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Exactly, but Hunter here will not have anything remotely controversial posted about his father without getting upset.  Most of us probably lean one way or the other politically, but the fringe few here cannot take any kind of joke about their side.

I mean, how can you not laugh at the music alone the video is set to... Tip toe, by the window.... 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    I legitimately don't understand the idea that wearing a mask when not necessary is something to be mocked. Erring on the side of caution should be appreciated.  "You look like a (clown emoji)." Maybe Joe's trying to set an example. Maybe he doesn't feel like drawing lines. Maybe he forgot it was on.* It's not wrong to wear a mask outside or even at your home in front of your TV if that's what you want to do.

*That happens to me sometimes. Because it's really not that big of a deal to wear one and everyone whining about it is soft.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Exactly, but Hunter here will not have anything remotely controversial posted about his father without getting upset.  Most of us probably lean one way or the other politically, but the fringe few here cannot take any kind of joke about their side.

I mean, how can you not laugh at the music alone the video is set to... Tip toe, by the window.... 
    some of us aren't amused.  Stay off twitter, it makes you stupid.  It appears that's where you get all of your information.  
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    I didn't know that the vaccine is 100% effective, like condoms. Damn, did catturd tweet that and I missed it?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    I didn't know that the vaccine is 100% effective, like condoms. Damn, did catturd tweet that and I missed it?
    Praying is the only remedy that's 100% effective. Oh yeah, and the rhythm method. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    OnWis97 said:
    I legitimately don't understand the idea that wearing a mask when not necessary is something to be mocked. Erring on the side of caution should be appreciated.  "You look like a (clown emoji)." Maybe Joe's trying to set an example. Maybe he doesn't feel like drawing lines. Maybe he forgot it was on.* It's not wrong to wear a mask outside or even at your home in front of your TV if that's what you want to do.

*That happens to me sometimes. Because it's really not that big of a deal to wear one and everyone whining about it is soft.
    I have to wear a mask at work while inside buildings. At lunch time I walk about 1.5 miles around the parking lot before eating. I have been known to make it 5 minutes or more into my walk before I realize I still have my mask on. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    this is like making fun of someone wearing a toque when you personally don't believe it's cold enough out to warrant it. i thought the right was all about minding your own business because PERSONAL FREEDUMB. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited April 2021
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You people are crazy. He wore it to the podium to announce it's no longer needed outside if you're vaccinated. He then took it off and kept it off until he re entered the White House again. Why the fuck are you even talking about this? lol

Hamburgers, Dr. Suess, "Cancel Culture," etc etc etc....the right has nothing so they resort to overly exaggerated bullshit. No wonder Biden's approval rating is 12-14 points higher than his processor. The majority of the country isn't as easily distracted by nonsense. 

Deal with it. 
    -

omg, look--no mask!

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^ thanks.  This was even more nonsensical than I imagined.  I actually gave the benefit of the doubt on the whole premise, still concluding that it's ridiculous.  Now it's just straight up lies.  

Hey @gvn2fly1421 why are you spreading lies and deceptions?
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390

I can't imagine being this big of a bitch about other people wearing a mask during a pandemic. 

I can't imagine being this big of a bitch about other people wearing a mask during a pandemic. 
    Why are people trying to make a stand against masks 13 months later?  The anti maskers/vaxxers lost the battle.  Give it up. 
    mrussel1 said:

Why are people trying to make a stand against masks 13 months later?  The anti maskers/vaxxers lost the battle.  Give it up. 
    Gotta own them libz somehow. 
    mrussel1 said:

Tucker Carlson told them to.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    mrussel1 said:

Because catturd said so?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You people are crazy. He wore it to the podium to announce it's no longer needed outside if you're vaccinated. He then took it off and kept it off until he re entered the White House again. Why the fuck are you even talking about this? lol

Hamburgers, Dr. Suess, "Cancel Culture," etc etc etc....the right has nothing so they resort to overly exaggerated bullshit. No wonder Biden's approval rating is 12-14 points higher than his processor. The majority of the country isn't as easily distracted by nonsense. 

Deal with it. 
    -

omg, look--no mask!

Ha ha ha - yes, I guess he was making a statement after all - just not the statement that some thought :lol:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not trying to make a stand against masks. I just question some of the logistics of it all. Like on Saturday for instance, we try to go into a bar (in Pennsylvania), and didn't have masks on because you can see in the window that nobody in there was wearing one. But we were told we have to walk in with a mask, and then we can take it off when we're seated. And it's not like social-distancing was really in effect because there were guys at the bar all seated next to one another without masks on. Well that makes no sense. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    mrussel1 said:

Tucker Carlson told them to.

& like good little lemmings, they all run off the cliff. 
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not trying to make a stand against masks. I just question some of the logistics of it all. Like on Saturday for instance, we try to go into a bar (in Pennsylvania), and didn't have masks on because you can see in the window that nobody in there was wearing one. But we were told we have to walk in with a mask, and then we can take it off when we're seated. And it's not like social-distancing was really in effect because there were guys at the bar all seated next to one another without masks on. Well that makes no sense. 
    You went to an inside bar and didn't bring a mask?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mrussel1 said:

This has been the issue for months with bars and restaurants. It's no one elses fault, but the business owners. I get it, it's dumb, but only because the business doesnt give a shit.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    mrussel1 said:

You went to an inside bar and didn't bring a mask?
    Best Oh Noes GIFs  Gfycat