#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    nicknyr15 said:
    Left jumping on Trump when he struggled down a ramp 

Right jumping on Biden when he trips up the steps 

What a joke. So Petty. 
    the left only jumped on trump and the ramp because he and his supporters talked endlessly about how young, strong, and fit he was, and how he endlessly mocks people that are weak. 

that's it. you don't see the majority of the left bringing this shit up unless it's a retort. 
    Agree to disagree. I could use the retort excuse for the right too. It’s petty shit from both sides supporters.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

What a joke. So Petty. 
    the left only jumped on trump and the ramp because he and his supporters talked endlessly about how young, strong, and fit he was, and how he endlessly mocks people that are weak. 

that's it. you don't see the majority of the left bringing this shit up unless it's a retort. 
    Agree to disagree. I could use the retort excuse for the right too. It’s petty shit from both sides supporters.  
    there for sure is a percentage of each side that do that, for sure, but I'd wager the left is exponentially smaller. 

there wouldn't have been HALF the comments on here or elsewhere about trump's appearance/abilities/etc without his constant blathering on about how superior he was from him and his supporters. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    edited March 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

What a joke. So Petty. 

Nah. I guess it seems petty if you look at it in a vacuum. But if Trump didn't rise to power by making fun of disabled reporters and making fun of his primary opponents' energy and appearances and spreading lies about Hillary's health and stamina etc etc etc, you would not have heard much about his struggles drinking water and walking down ramps.

Making fun of people for their shortcomings is literally Trump's brand. So people laughing at his own shortcomings, while unfortunately dragging us down to his level, is in response to that stuff.

Thought this was obvious. Guess not .
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

What a joke. So Petty. 

there for sure is a percentage of each side that do that, for sure, but I'd wager the left is exponentially smaller. 

there wouldn't have been HALF the comments on here or elsewhere about trump's appearance/abilities/etc without his constant blathering on about how superior he was from him and his supporters. 
    I hear ya man.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148

Upwards of 3000 at a time in this facility.  Those “cages” are where the illegal immigrants are being detained, apparently organized by size (lol, not gender because this is the woke age and there’s no such thing as gender). Those are their aluminum sleeping blankets.  Daily there are dozens of sexual assaults, assaults, pregnancies, births, & medical emergencies.  

1 out of 3 women making the trek north are being raped by the cartels they say, and this includes girls as young as 6.

50 of those in these photos are positive with Wuhan-they haven’t been removed because there’s nowhere to put them.  

Some of these facilities have untreated, unsafe water as well.

This is coming from the “humanitarian administration?!?.”   WTF is humanitarian about this??  Turning your back on your own border patrol, not visiting them to see for yourself, and telling people to come to the states during your whole campaign and then acting like you didn’t when shit hits the fan.

If we had lockdowns around the country for “safety,” when it made no sense, wouldn’t it make sense to use that excuse NOW?  

I don’t think they had any idea what they were starting by ending Trunp’s border policies.  It’s too late now though, let’s hope they wake up and realize this is a dangerous situation for them and us.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    edited March 2021

Upwards of 3000 at a time in this facility.  Those “cages” are where the illegal immigrants are being detained, apparently organized by size (lol, not gender because this is the woke age and there’s no such thing as gender). Those are their aluminum sleeping blankets.  Daily there are dozens of sexual assaults, assaults, pregnancies, births, & medical emergencies.  

1 out of 3 women making the trek north are being raped by the cartels they say, and this includes girls as young as 6.

50 of those in these photos are positive with Wuhan-they haven’t been removed because there’s nowhere to put them.  

This is coming from the “humanitarian administration?!?.”   WTF is humanitarian about this??  Turning your back on your own border patrol, not visiting them to see for yourself, and telling people to come to the states during your whole campaign and then acting like you didn’t when shit hits the fan.

If we had lockdowns around the country for “safety,” when it made no sense, wouldn’t it make sense to use that excuse NOW?  

I don’t think they had any idea what they were starting by ending Trunp’s border policies.  It’s too late now though, let’s hope they wake up and realize this is a dangerous situation for them and us.
    I noticed the watermark, and decided to look up Project Veritas. Lovely folks.

Edit: enough media networks are showing pictures similar to these that they're in all likelihood true, and of course disturbing. Unlike the last guy, when the discovery of unethical treatment is made, I expect something will be done about it.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    edited March 2021
    benjs said:

Edit: enough media networks are showing pictures similar to these that they're in all likelihood true, and of course disturbing. Unlike the last guy, when the discovery of unethical treatment is made, I expect something will be done about it.
    Are you saying they aren’t aware of any of this yet?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    mace1229 said:
    benjs said:

Are you saying they aren’t aware of any of this yet?
    He did send a team today to Guatemala and Mexico in order to find solutions to the problem.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

that nutjob Lauren Boebert posted her criticism of Biden "wasting taxpayer dollars" on housing these people in a hotel, at a cost of $86M per year. 

which is it? Humane treatment at the expense of the taxpayer, or more gaslighting? I'm guessing you prefer the latter, cuz you sure didn't give two fucks about this until Biden became prez. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Should they end the filibuster to pass gun legislation?

I have a funny feeling republicans will say now is not the time, and then get back to the hard work of making it harder for people to vote...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    Should they end the filibuster to pass gun legislation?

I have a funny feeling republicans will say now is not the time, and then get back to the hard work of making it harder for people to vote...

what do we know about that guy. etc?

plenty of holes to fillfor sure but guarantee, it hits SCOTUS  and a 6-3 decision
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited March 2021

that nutjob Lauren Boebert posted her criticism of Biden "wasting taxpayer dollars" on housing these people in a hotel, at a cost of $86M per year. 

which is it? Humane treatment at the expense of the taxpayer, or more gaslighting? I'm guessing you prefer the latter, cuz you sure didn't give two fucks about this until Biden became prez. 
    I’m not familiar with Boebert, but how is it not fair to criticize the nearly $90 million being spent? This crisis was created by Biden. When he announced 100 day ban on deportations and that minors would be placed into the system, who didn’t expect this? When you announce 100 days of open borders you get open borders. The result is the system is overwhelmed. This place, and everyone else who was outraged before, have been oddly quiet. Conditions are likely even worse than what causes all the uproar, except we don’t know for sure because media isn’t allowed in to show.
    I personally don’t think the conditions were unethical before. I don’t agree with the separation of kids, but strictly speaking on conditions when used as temporary housing. They weren’t drinking toilet water as some claimed. They had been in place for years before Trump and everyone was fine with it then too. But it is a waste of taxpayer money when it could have been avoided.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I’m not familiar with Boebert, but how is it not fair to criticize the nearly $90 million being spent? This crisis was created by Biden. When he announced 100 day ban on deportations and that minors would be placed into the system, who didn’t expect this? When you announce 100 days of open borders you get open borders. The result is the system is overwhelmed. This place, and everyone else who was outraged before, have been oddly quiet. Conditions are likely even worse than what causes all the uproar, except we don’t know for sure because media isn’t allowed in to show.
    I personally don’t think the conditions were unethical before. I don’t agree with the separation of kids, but strictly speaking on conditions when used as temporary housing. They weren’t drinking toilet water as some claimed. They had been in place for years before Trump and everyone was fine with it then too. But it is a waste of taxpayer money when it could have been avoided.
    incorrect on a few levels. 

temp ban on deportation does not, in any sense of the phrase, equal "open borders". 

yes, there were detentions before. But prior to trump, kids weren't separated from their parents as punishment or policy. They were only separated if the parents were deemed a risk to the child. This is the big republican talking point, that "obama did it too". No, he didn't. And neither is biden.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    mace1229 said:

temp ban on deportation does not, in any sense of the phrase, equal "open borders". 

yes, there were detentions before. But prior to trump, kids weren't separated from their parents as punishment or policy. They were only separated if the parents were deemed a risk to the child. This is the big republican talking point, that "obama did it too". No, he didn't. And neither is biden.
    I read recently that border apprehensions of illegals are on pace with 2019. 

What crisis exists now, that didn't exist then? 

As far as I'm concerned, if they ended the child separation policy, we're already doing better than the prior admin. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

As far as I'm concerned, if they ended the child separation policy, we're already doing better than the prior admin. 
    everything I've read states that there is a surge like they hadn't seen before. 

Maybe it's liberal drama?

Maybe it's the Caravan?

Maybe it's Maybeline. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:

Maybe it's the Caravan?

Maybe it's Maybeline. 

Why would liberals be stirring drama up around this issue 60 days into Biden's administration? 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    mace1229 said:

Maybe it's the Caravan?

Maybe it's Maybeline. 

Why would liberals be stirring drama up around this issue 60 days into Biden's administration? 
    It's definitely a problem, but you are right...it's really no bigger problem than it was a year or so ago. At least we have an administration we trust to deal with it in a better way than the last one did. 

I also think the media feels an obligation to try and be tough on this administration since it was so easy to be tough on the last administration. Might be why all the Sunday shows lead with this the other day. Of course the Fox's and Oan's of the world will overblow this to oblivion and that is what leads to certain hypocrites coming here and pretending to care about things they could not give two shits about for the last four years. Same deal with the deficit and stuff. Fraud Conservatives. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Maybe it's the Caravan?

Maybe it's Maybeline. 

It's definitely a problem, but you are right...it's really no bigger problem than it was a year or so ago. At least we have an administration we trust to deal with in a better way than the last one did. 

I also think the media feels an obligation to try and be tough on this administration since it was so easy to be tough on the last administration. Might be why all the Sunday shows lead with this the other day. 
    this. I mentioned this a couple weeks ago. I don't watch a ton of MSM, but I watch the odd clip, usually on CNN. I noticed a very stark shift in tone, especially with Jake Tapper. I think they know that, without their cash cow in the WH, people no longer have a reason to tune into the daily shit show, so they are trying to gain back viewership among moderates and centre rights. 

they are desperately trying to get credibility back across the board with all the damage republicans did with "fake news" the past several years. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:

Maybe it's the Caravan?

Maybe it's Maybeline. 

It's definitely a problem, but you are right...it's really no bigger problem than it was a year or so ago. At least we have an administration we trust to deal with it in a better way than the last one did. 

I also think the media feels an obligation to try and be tough on this administration since it was so easy to be tough on the last administration. Might be why all the Sunday shows lead with this the other day. Of course the Fox's and Oan's of the world will overblow this to oblivion and that is what leads to certain hypocrites coming here and pretending to care about things they could not give two shits about for the last four years. Same deal with the deficit and stuff. Fraud Conservatives. 
    I think it has less to do with any sense of obligation to treat the administrations equally than it does the media's bottom line: 

Clicks & interactions & page views - the media isn't in the bag for the left or the right, they're in the bag for the media. 

The last administration was a new crisis or headline every other minute... this administration is boring AF compared to the last one... let's not understate just how much the media is missing all those clicks & page views. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    ^
    Yeah. Tapper, especially, has always been fair though. I remember dems complaining about him when he covered the Obama White House.

Ratings are down for cable news and I for one LOVE IT. My anxiety levels are so much lower compared to before when there was breaking news multiple times a day, every day. lol 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^
    Yeah. Tapper, especially, has always been fair though. I remember dems complaining about him when he covered the Obama White House.

Ratings are down for cable news and I for one LOVE IT. My anxiety levels are so much lower compared to before when there was breaking news multiple times a day, every day. lol 
    I guess that's my issue. I didn't really pay attention that much during the obama years. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:

You are right, it is not the same as an open border. Its an exaggeration on my part of the impact. But come on, saying "please don't come, but if you do, we won't deport you" is just asking people to flood the border just as it is.

I didn't claim previous administrations separated the kids. In fact, i specifically addressed that by saying I am talking only about the conditions and not the separation policy. And it is a big republican talking point because the conditions were just as much of an outcry, if not more, than the separation practice. I said I disagreed with the separation policy, but specifically the conditions of "cages" and "drinking toilet water" and aluminum blankets and everything else AOC and the media and many others complained about have been there before and after Trump, but are now oddly silent.  
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    The media is silent about this?

Good grief, Mace.....what the fuck, man? 

Other than multiple mass shootings, it is all they've been talking about since the covid relief bill passed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Other than multiple mass shootings, it is all they've been talking about since the covid relief bill passed. 
    I should have said outrage, not silent. They cover it, but they aren't outraged over it. 
    Compared to the coverage it got a few years ago. I don't see nearly as many saying the conditions are poor, or calling it cages, even though that hasn't really changed. The media is told they can't see inside and they say ok and walk away. Would they have done that a year ago? They would have found a way in and report what is happening. So yes, compared to what was going on with the coverage the last 4 years, this is pretty much a nothingburger to them. They ask a couple questions, they as the press sec if she'll call it a crisis, and when she says "no its not a crisis, its a challenge" they accept that answer. If Trump was president this would be a bigger story than it is, with a lot more humanitarian accusations being thrown around that what we're seeing. I see more media outrage over the upsets of March Madness that what is going on at the border.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

You are right, it is not the same as an open border. Its an exaggeration on my part of the impact. But come on, saying "please don't come, but if you do, we won't deport you" is just asking people to flood the border just as it is.

I didn't claim previous administrations separated the kids. In fact, i specifically addressed that by saying I am talking only about the conditions and not the separation policy. And it is a big republican talking point because the conditions were just as much of an outcry, if not more, than the separation practice. I said I disagreed with the separation policy, but specifically the conditions of "cages" and "drinking toilet water" and aluminum blankets and everything else AOC and the media and many others complained about have been there before and after Trump, but are now oddly silent.  
    Yea, sure, AOC is "oddly silent." And "oddly silent" sounds like something Tucker Carlson would say. No goosestepping in lock step in this party.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) criticized President Biden’s administration on Tuesday for opening a migrant facility for children.

This is not okay, never has been okay, never will be okay - no matter the administration or party,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.

Ocasio-Cortez criticizes opening of migrant facility for children under Biden | TheHill
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I don’t know that the media could cover it any more than they already have in the last 72 hours. 

• Options
    edited March 2021
    mace1229 said:

Compared to the coverage it got a few years ago. I don't see nearly as many saying the conditions are poor, or calling it cages, even though that hasn't really changed. The media is told they can't see inside and they say ok and walk away. Would they have done that a year ago? They would have found a way in and report what is happening. So yes, compared to what was going on with the coverage the last 4 years, this is pretty much a nothingburger to them. They ask a couple questions, they as the press sec if she'll call it a crisis, and when she says "no its not a crisis, its a challenge" they accept that answer. If Trump was president this would be a bigger story than it is, with a lot more humanitarian accusations being thrown around that what we're seeing. I see more media outrage over the upsets of March Madness that what is going on at the border.
    Literally every Sunday morning show lead with it. All of them. The Sunday morning shows drive the news. All cable news stations were devoting a ton of time to it as well. But, in case you haven't noticed there are some other things happening. Covid Relief. Mass Shooting in Atlanta. Mass Shooting in Boulder. I realize Fox News devoted basically zero time to the Boulder shooting last night (and I am not wildly speculating like you always do--I actually tuned in last night) but gun control and mass shootings are kinda sorta an enormous issue in this country. 

I know it seems like I give you a hard time a lot, but you always do this. Just winging arguments without knowing about the subject. Saying the media is silent about it when the exact opposite is true really hurts whatever point you are trying to convey. 

Part of me feels like you just want the media to be silent so you can push a certain narrative. Bottom line is that is just untrue. Sorry. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    But the media, others and AOC are “oddly silent,” particularly since POOTWH left the scene. What migrant children? What border crises? Never heard of it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I don’t know that the media could cover it any more than they already have in the last 72 hours. 

Exactly.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Best way to distract from your own failings? Rile up your base with BS and make unfounded allegations.

https://www.newsweek.com/stimulus-checks-push-joe-biden-approval-rating-despite-border-crisis-1577980

Brilliantati©