#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• shecky said:

Ex-Clinton aide says he ‘wet the bed’ over special counsel’s report on Biden: 'Terrible for Democrats'

Begala advised Biden: 'Instead of calling a press conference and saying, 'I really am sharp,' you attack the other guy'

Published February 9, 2024 5:00pm EST

Former Bill Clinton strategist and CNN political commentator Paul Begala admitted Friday that Special Counsel Robert Hur’s indictment of President Biden’s memory and Biden's response was "terrible for Democrats," joking he "wet the bed" over it.

Begala, a Biden supporter, quipped on CNN Friday that he did not sleep well over all the bedwetting he did in response to Hur’s report on Biden's handling of classified documents.

The findings of the report revealed Biden willfully retained classified U.S. documents as a private citizen, but charges were not recommended against the 46th president over his actions, partly because he would have a defense at trial as a "sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory."

BIDEN 'BLEW MY MIND' BY CONTRADICTING FACTS IN SPECIAL COUNSEL REPORT, SAYS CNN LEGAL ANALYST

The special counsel’s claims alarmed both Democratic Party members and Biden himself, who held a press conference in part to dispute the claims about his competence Thursday.

Begala lamented the report and Biden’s response to it. He began, quipping, "Oh yeah. Look, I’m a Biden supporter, and I slept like a baby last night: I woke up every two hours crying and wet the bed."

"This is terrible for Democrats. And anybody with a functioning brain knows that," he declared. 

The commentator then advised what Biden should’ve done instead of getting defensive at his press conference. "But here’s what you do. Instead of calling a press conference and saying, 'I really am sharp,' you attack the other guy."

'I think Biden made it worse, no question about it,' Begala said, echoing the reaction of many in the media.

Begala suggested Biden follow his own advice and use the strategy of reminding voters of the contrast between himself and former President Trump, his likely 2024 opponent who is facing criminal charges over his own alleged mishandling of classified material.

"So everything with Biden has to be not 'I’m great,' but, 'The other guy is really damaging, dangerous, a threat,’" Begala said. 

He then reiterated that Biden just "needs to be on the attack" against Trump rather than worry too much about his gaffes or concerns about his age. 

Maher said it best, he has become Ruth Bader Biden, and a solid block of Dems are too busy making up stories about terrorists being ethnically cleansed to see they are about to welcome back trump to DC.
    maher doesn't say anything best at this point. 
    he sucks. he lost me when he basically gave milo a handy live on air a few years ago. now he is basically a boomer trying to say things to stay relevant. 
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited February 13
    shecky said:

Ex-Clinton aide says he ‘wet the bed’ over special counsel’s report on Biden: 'Terrible for Democrats'

Begala advised Biden: 'Instead of calling a press conference and saying, 'I really am sharp,' you attack the other guy'

Former Bill Clinton strategist and CNN political commentator Paul Begala admitted Friday that Special Counsel Robert Hur’s indictment of President Biden’s memory and Biden's response was "terrible for Democrats," joking he "wet the bed" over it.

Begala, a Biden supporter, quipped on CNN Friday that he did not sleep well over all the bedwetting he did in response to Hur’s report on Biden's handling of classified documents.

The findings of the report revealed Biden willfully retained classified U.S. documents as a private citizen, but charges were not recommended against the 46th president over his actions, partly because he would have a defense at trial as a "sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory."

BIDEN 'BLEW MY MIND' BY CONTRADICTING FACTS IN SPECIAL COUNSEL REPORT, SAYS CNN LEGAL ANALYST

The special counsel’s claims alarmed both Democratic Party members and Biden himself, who held a press conference in part to dispute the claims about his competence Thursday.

Begala lamented the report and Biden’s response to it. He began, quipping, "Oh yeah. Look, I’m a Biden supporter, and I slept like a baby last night: I woke up every two hours crying and wet the bed."

"This is terrible for Democrats. And anybody with a functioning brain knows that," he declared. 

The commentator then advised what Biden should’ve done instead of getting defensive at his press conference. "But here’s what you do. Instead of calling a press conference and saying, 'I really am sharp,' you attack the other guy."

'I think Biden made it worse, no question about it,' Begala said, echoing the reaction of many in the media.

Begala suggested Biden follow his own advice and use the strategy of reminding voters of the contrast between himself and former President Trump, his likely 2024 opponent who is facing criminal charges over his own alleged mishandling of classified material.

"So everything with Biden has to be not 'I’m great,' but, 'The other guy is really damaging, dangerous, a threat,’" Begala said. 

He then reiterated that Biden just "needs to be on the attack" against Trump rather than worry too much about his gaffes or concerns about his age. 

Maher said it best, he has become Ruth Bader Biden, and a solid block of Dems are too busy making up stories about terrorists being ethnically cleansed to see they are about to welcome back trump to DC.
    maher doesn't say anything best at this point. 
    he sucks. he lost me when he basically gave milo a handy live on air a few years ago. now he is basically a boomer trying to say things to stay relevant. 
    I don't like Maher that much anymore either but he's not that far off base. That wing of the Dem party is akin to the Bernie Bros who stayed home in 2016.

The fact that the dems did not take advantage of putting him in front of the largest television audience since the moon landing for a favorable interview is pretty a big red flag for me. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,542
    I don't get the Maher hate....he hates tRump...that's good enough for me
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • I don't get the Maher hate....he hates tRump...that's good enough for me
    he has gone right. he hates california now. either way, i can't stand him. i had free tickets to see him last time he was in town and turned them down.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    I can't agree on going right...he's pissed that Dems don't fight harder for sure.

I saw him do stand up at the Mirage in LV a few years back and thought he was great. His stand up isn't quite as political.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    Maybe I don’t see enough of him, but he seems to grasp on to social media trends that attempt to paint “the left” as an extreme fringe. Also too much get off my lawn stuff from him. 
    Maybe I don’t see enough of him, but he seems to grasp on to social media trends that attempt to paint “the left” as an extreme fringe. Also too much get off my lawn stuff from him. 
    Yeah. He's too "online" as the kids would say. I don't think that makes him right wing though. 
    www.myspace.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,693
    Trust me guys, you've gotta stop trusting old people.

Wait a minute... I think I just contradicted myself.   :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,875
    his smugness is enough.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,401
    shecky said:

Sure, doesn't sound, look or feel like ethnic cleansing, does it now?

Airstrike from Israeli hostage rescue wipes out entire Palestinian family in Gaza border town
    1 hour ago

RAFAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — Ibrahim Hasouna trudged over the rubble of the destroyed house, pointing out where family moments had taken place — where his mother and sister-in-law used to sleep, where he played with his 5-year-old nieces, where he helped his 1-year-old nephew take his first steps.

His entire family was now dead — his parents, his two brothers, and the wife and three children of one of those brothers. The house was reduced to rubble on top of them in the barrage of airstrikes that Israeli warplanes inflicted across Rafah before dawn Monday as cover for troops rescuing two hostages elsewhere in the city on the southern Gaza border.

At least 74 Palestinians were killed in the bombardment, which flattened large swaths of buildings and tents sheltering families who had fled to Rafah from across Gaza.

Among the dead were 27 children and 22 women, according to the Palestinian Center for Human Rights, whose researchers compiled the list from Rafah hospitals. The Israeli offensive has taken a heavy toll on women and children, with more than 12,300 Palestinian children and young teens killed in the conflict, the Gaza Health Ministry said Monday.

Airstrike from Israeli hostage rescue wipes out entire Palestinian family in Gaza border town | AP News

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,875
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    he used to be good at criticizing all where it was warranted. now he just comes off much of the time as an old man hating the new generation of people he views as soft.  
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077
    he used to be good at criticizing all where it was warranted. now he just comes off much of the time as an old man hating the new generation of people he views as soft.  
    That's my takeaway in recent years. 

I used to agree with a lot of his opinions, smugness notwithstanding, but I find myself disagreeing with his positions less and less as time goes on... and the smugness hasn't gone away either, so that's not helping. 

www.headstonesband.com

I used to agree with a lot of his opinions, smugness notwithstanding, but I find myself disagreeing with his positions less and less as time goes on... and the smugness hasn't gone away either, so that's not helping. 
    I still watch him. He does great interviews and his panel is generally good. Bob Costas was on last week ripping the GOP to shreds.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077

I still watch him. He does great interviews and his panel is generally good. Bob Costas was on last week ripping the GOP to shreds.
    Agreed on the panels, I still watch on occasion too... I just agree less with him in recent years. 
    Kind of disagree on his interviews being great though. He tends to let people walk all over him at times.
    www.myspace.com
    Kind of disagree on his interviews being great though. He tends to let people walk all over him at times.
    But he has to let them go to some degree or no one will ever come on his show from the opposition. This is why some of the mainstream news shows do the same thing. They'll never get the interviews if they press them too hard.

But he has to let them go to some degree or no one will ever come on his show from the opposition. This is why some of the mainstream news shows do the same thing. They'll never get the interviews if they press them too hard.
    I don't know man. That Ted Cruz one was pretty damn weak.

As far as the mainstream news, you think that is it? I think people like Kristen Welker are just unprepared and horrible at their jobs. 
    www.myspace.com
    maybe I don't watch enough, but I don't ever recall Maher letting anyone walk all over him. 

www.headstonesband.com

As far as the mainstream news, you think that is it? I think people like Kristen Welker are just unprepared and horrible at their jobs. 
    Yes they have to let them go at some point. Stephanopolous had a good one with JD Vance last week...Vance just dances in circles and doesn't answer the question even though George pressed him 4-5 times. They eventually just cut his mic.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,401
    See? They’re coming after YOU!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

how was that weak? he held his feet to the fire as far as I'm concerned. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Well  you don't say.. I'm sure this will be covered in full on Fox News.  \

Gift article. 

https://wapo.st/48hRbHZ

Special counsel David Weiss — who has previously filed criminal charges against President Biden’s son Hunter — announced new charges Thursday against a former FBI informant who officials say lied about the Bidens’ business dealings.

Yes they have to let them go at some point. Stephanopolous had a good one with JD Vance last week...Vance just dances in circles and doesn't answer the question even though George pressed him 4-5 times. They eventually just cut his mic.

Stephanopoulos is really good, in my opinion. I saw that one. Far and away a better interviewer than Welker. 
    www.myspace.com
    But this was 4 minutes of a 9 or 10 minute interview. I agree this was good, mostly. But it came after they spent 5 minutes hobnobbing about the real problem America faces today: wokeism. 
    www.myspace.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,693

Stephanopoulos is really good, in my opinion. I saw that one. Far and away a better interviewer than Welker. 

I shouldn't assume to much by this, but he's a good friend of Michael J. Fox, so I'm guessing he's probably a pretty good dude. Seems like it from what I know.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

mrussel1 said:
    Well  you don't say.. I'm sure this will be covered in full on Fox News.  \

Gift article. 

https://wapo.st/48hRbHZ

Special counsel David Weiss — who has previously filed criminal charges against President Biden’s son Hunter — announced new charges Thursday against a former FBI informant who officials say lied about the Bidens’ business dealings.
    It's fucking amazing...and the magats will move forward like it never happened. I wonder what Comer will have to say...this has been his only piece of evidence.