#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    Joe had a slam dunk in 2024...really truly did.

Then he left the border wide open and is going to lose instead of being the Commander in Chief and handling it.

One will have the 25th invoked because he is mentally lost and the other will end up in federal prison.

Now we get a long year of annoying political drama with 2 ridiculous presidential nominees.  Basically you have to vote for the VP cause neither Joe nor Donny are fit for office. 
    If the border is wide open, how are there apprehensions at the border, as well as deportations happening?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

Then he left the border wide open and is going to lose instead of being the Commander in Chief and handling it.

One will have the 25th invoked because he is mentally lost and the other will end up in federal prison.

Now we get a long year of annoying political drama with 2 ridiculous presidential nominees.  Basically you have to vote for the VP cause neither Joe nor Donny are fit for office. 
    If the border is wide open, how are there apprehensions at the border, as well as deportations happening?
    And why did the other guy running for president tell his party to specifically not do anything to help fix the issue? jimjam seems to be blaming Biden for that....
    www.myspace.com
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

The GOP walked away from bipartisan negotiated measures to strengthen border security (measures which the border patrol approved of) because trump told them to. It's too valuable a platform for trump's re-election campaign. This isn't debatable, but somehow in your view, "[Biden} left the border wide open". 

Your position is untethered from reality. 
    The American Public was appalled at that shit burger pile of legislation. $60b for Ukraine and $18b or whatever for Israel and only $10b for us? Fuck out of here.  They saved us.  And I am a tried and true independent swing vote.  I have voted more democratic then republican in my life.  But it's going in a dangerous direction with the libs.

Joe has Executive powers to close the border and deploy the troops.

I would venture you are confused and don't understand the Presidents powers.

Since you want to jump in, why don't you answer it the questions.  Where is that poll, and how did the president wrestle away immigration policy from Congress when it is literally a power delegated to congress in the Constitution.  You've read the Constitution, right?
    Why don't you research how President Trump did it? I can tell you that one tool he successfully employed was the 'Remain In Mexico' policy, administered by the Department of Homeland Security (and foolishly ended by Joey when he took office). Another successful move by President Trump was his negotiations with the president of Mexico, in which he promised to impose a 5% tariff on all Mexican imports if they didn't act to stem the flow of illegal border crossers. That negotiation resulted in a hearty "Yes sir, President Trump!" and the deployment of 15,000 Mexican troops to the U.S./Mexican border to back up that promise. You've read 'The Art of The Deal', havent you? 
    www.myspace.com
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077

I'm so mad at Biden for not using the power of his office to shut the border down but I'm definitely not mad at trump and the gop for killing the bipartisan approved measures to strengthen our border security, measures which the US Border Patrol approved of. 

I'm a very serious independent swing voter. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,403
    Funny how they conflate covid lockdowns with a border lockdown, isn't it? But you know, social media is a legitimate source of information.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,875
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

The GOP walked away from bipartisan negotiated measures to strengthen border security (measures which the border patrol approved of) because trump told them to. It's too valuable a platform for trump's re-election campaign. This isn't debatable, but somehow in your view, "[Biden} left the border wide open". 

The American Public was appalled at that shit burger pile of legislation. $60b for Ukraine and $18b or whatever for Israel and only $10b for us? Fuck out of here.  They saved us.  And I am a tried and true independent swing vote.  I have voted more democratic then republican in my life.  But it's going in a dangerous direction with the libs.

Since you want to jump in, why don't you answer it the questions.  Where is that poll, and how did the president wrestle away immigration policy from Congress when it is literally a power delegated to congress in the Constitution.  You've read the Constitution, right?
    Why don't you research how President Trump did it? I can tell you that one tool he successfully employed was the 'Remain In Mexico' policy, administered by the Department of Homeland Security (and foolishly ended by Joey when he took office). Another successful move by President Trump was his negotiations with the president of Mexico, in which he promised to impose a 5% tariff on all Mexican imports if they didn't act to stem the flow of illegal border crossers. That negotiation resulted in a hearty "Yes sir, President Trump!" and the deployment of 15,000 Mexican troops to the U.S./Mexican border to back up that promise. You've read 'The Art of The Deal', havent you? 

using the authority under title 42. You know the action taken during a national health emergency. one in which gop states were screaming to have declared ended. One in which gop states sued to have ended. One in which biden admin sued to have authority to end using title 42 but the courts denied him that authority FORCING admin to keep in place.

NOW that the declaration has been made that the pandemic and related health emergency under which title 42 was exercised is over you want him to exercise authority he no longer has under title 42? is that it?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

The RIM policy very likely violated the INA, an actual real life law, that requires those seeking asylum to be detained in the United States.  Innovation Law Lab v Nielsen is the case that was winding its way through the 9th circuit and likely would have ended up at the SCOTUS.  The Biden administration believed that this EO was unconstitutional because it ran afoul of the INA.  This is why the administration chose to end the policy and pursue a long term solution that respected the powers given to Congress in the Constitution.  

That long term policy was the Senate bill that was released two weeks ago and shat upon by the Speakers, in deference to Trump so he has a campaign issue.  God forbid there is a consensus on the matter.  
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

The RIM policy very likely violated the INA, an actual real life law, that requires those seeking asylum to be detained in the United States.  Innovation Law Lab v Nielsen is the case that was winding its way through the 9th circuit and likely would have ended up at the SCOTUS.  The Biden administration believed that this EO was unconstitutional because it ran afoul of the INA.  This is why the administration chose to end the policy and pursue a long term solution that respected the powers given to Congress in the Constitution.  

That long term policy was the Senate bill that was released two weeks ago and shat upon by the Speakers, in deference to Trump so he has a campaign issue.  God forbid there is a consensus on the matter.  
    Can you put this in a meme? 
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

Or an understanding of the "facts." But you know, social media.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    edited February 23

I'm so mad at Biden for not using the power of his office to shut the border down but I'm definitely not mad at trump and the gop for killing the bipartisan approved measures to strengthen our border security, measures which the US Border Patrol approved of. 

This bill allowed FIVE THOUSAND ILLEGAL ALIENS PER DAY to enter our country. That is 5,000 more illegal aliens per day than most Americans, including myself, find acceptable. And "bipartisan" means nothing to me - there are rats in both parties.
    mickeyrat said:
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

using the authority under title 42. You know the action taken during a national health emergency. one in which gop states were screaming to have declared ended. One in which gop states sued to have ended. One in which biden admin sued to have authority to end using title 42 but the courts denied him that authority FORCING admin to keep in place.

NOW that the declaration has been made that the pandemic and related health emergency under which title 42 was exercised is over you want him to exercise authority he no longer has under title 42? is that it?
    Did I mention Title 42? No, I did not.
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

And many Americans believe that the better policy is the 'Secure The Border Act' (H.R.2.) But SCHUMER REFUSES to take it up.

Sorry, but your social media sources are steering you wrong. It's twice that:

The Senate proposal also includes $20.23 billion for the southern border, to increase immigration restrictions and enforcement and implement new migrant policies.

What's in the new $118 billion Senate immigration and foreign aid bill - ABC News (go.com)

Now are you going to tell us that that is fake news or that another $10B is not enough because Ukraine and Israel get more?

Brilliantati©
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

And many Americans believe that the better policy is the 'Secure The Border Act' (H.R.2.) But SCHUMER REFUSES to take it up.
    POOTWH? Is that you?

Brilliantati©
    shecky said:

This bill allowed FIVE THOUSAND ILLEGAL ALIENS PER DAY to enter our country. That is 5,000 more illegal aliens per day than most Americans, including myself, find acceptable. And "bipartisan" means nothing to me - there are rats in both parties.
    The border would literally be closed right now if that bill was a law.

Why are you for open borders?

www.myspace.com
    edited February 23
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

H.R.2 had zero chance of getting 60 votes.  The Senate deal would have passed if the Speaker brought it to the floor.  Sorry, there has to be compromise.  That's what a bicameral system is about.  

But here's what's going to happen in the next 45 days, so you and @jimjam1982 need to be prepared.  The Ukraine/Israel standalone bill is going to be forced to the floor with a discharge petition, overriding the Speaker's refusal to take it to the floor.  And it's going to pass.  So there will be Ukraine funding without a border deal.  
    shecky said:

The US Border Patrol disagrees with your position. 

The Senate proposal also includes $20.23 billion for the southern border, to increase immigration restrictions and enforcement and implement new migrant policies.

What's in the new $118 billion Senate immigration and foreign aid bill - ABC News (go.com)

Now are you going to tell us that that is fake news or that another $10B is not enough because Ukraine and Israel get more?
    Allowing FIVE THOUSAND illegal aliens PER DAY to enter our country is a NONSTARTER. PERIOD.
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

H.R.2 had zero chance of getting 60 votes.  The Senate deal would have passed if the Speaker brought it to the floor.  Sorry, there has to be compromise.  That's what a bicameral system is about.  

But here's what's going to happen in the next 45 days, so you and @jimjam1982 need to be prepared.  The Ukraine/Israel standalone bill is going to be forced to the floor with a discharge petition, overriding the Speaker's refusal to take it to the floor.  And it's going to pass.  So there will be Ukraine funding without a border deal.  
    So much winning. 
    shecky said:

Allowing FIVE THOUSAND illegal aliens PER DAY to enter our country is a NONSTARTER. PERIOD.
    Those 5k are detained and have expedited hearings.  If they meet asylum requirements, they move on in the process.  If they don't, they leave the country.  The 5k are not just released into the country.  

And it's 5k ENCOUNTERS average in a week, or 8500 in a given day.  If that happens, then no more are allowed into the detention process.  

From the Times:

“The bill would not allow for the entry of 5,000 unauthorized immigrants a day,” Michelle Mittelstadt, a spokeswoman for the Migration Policy Institute, said in an email. “In fact, it would lead to reduced unauthorized entries because it mandates a higher bar to be considered for asylum and puts in place a swifter screening process with limits on review in case of denial, and there are increased capacities for detention and removal.”

She added, “With or without that 5,000 trigger, anyone intercepted crossing the border illegally would face a higher bar to consideration for asylum.”

Senator James Lankford, an Oklahoma Republican who helped draft the bill, has also pushed back on claims it greenlit the illegal entry of 5,000 migrants a day.

“This authority is a 5,000 authority to say if you get to 5,000 — which we have been there every single day except for seven in the last four months — that it completely closes the border down, it deports everyone,” he said on Monday on Fox News.

shecky said:

Encounters. Do you know what that is and what it means? It does not = "Allowing FIVE THOUSAND illegal aliens PER DAY to enter our country. PERIOD." Try again:

The new legislation would give the secretary of homeland security the power to declare an emergency at the U.S.-Mexico border and to remove or deny entry to any migrant within 100 miles of that border within a period of 14 days from the date of their entry.

Under this bill, the secretary could declare such a border emergency if there is an average of 4,000 or more migrants encountered each day at the southern border over the course of seven consecutive days.

Additionally, the secretary would be required to declare an emergency if there's an average of 5,000 or more migrants encountered each day for seven consecutive days or if on any one day there are more than 8,500 encounters.

RIF

Brilliantati©
    Clearly shecky is OPEN BORDER GLOBALIST who does not want to solve the problem at our southern border. 
    www.myspace.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    People are just plain stupid and you can't reason with stupid.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • shecky said:

Encounters. Do you know what that is and what it means? It does not = "Allowing FIVE THOUSAND illegal aliens PER DAY to enter our country. PERIOD." Try again:

The new legislation would give the secretary of homeland security the power to declare an emergency at the U.S.-Mexico border and to remove or deny entry to any migrant within 100 miles of that border within a period of 14 days from the date of their entry.

Under this bill, the secretary could declare such a border emergency if there is an average of 4,000 or more migrants encountered each day at the southern border over the course of seven consecutive days.

Additionally, the secretary would be required to declare an emergency if there's an average of 5,000 or more migrants encountered each day for seven consecutive days or if on any one day there are more than 8,500 encounters.

RIF

for the people that don't read or post links, can we please define "encounters" in the context of this debate? thanks.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,693
    Maybe not always 100% true, but generally, especially these day, oh yeah!
    May be pop art of text that says YES YESLASEA WHEN YOU WANT  GO FORWARD YOU CHOOSE D WHEN YOU WANT  GO BACKWARD YOU CHOOSE R REMEMBER THAT COOL

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,875
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • edited February 28
    LOL! Vegas gets it

Fake image removed by admin. 

From Reuters Fact Check
    An anti-Joe Biden message was not displayed across the exterior of the ‘Sphere’ entertainment venue in Las Vegas, despite an image circulating online. Reuters traced the image to video created by a TikTok filter.
    The image shows the letter F, a U.S. flag, followed by the letter K shone across the large, domed venue, with “Biden” printed beneath.

Post edited by Kat on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    edited February 28
    LOL! Vegas gets it

Fake image removed by admin. 

From Reuters Fact Check
    An anti-Joe Biden message was not displayed across the exterior of the ‘Sphere’ entertainment venue in Las Vegas, despite an image circulating online. Reuters traced the image to video created by a TikTok filter.
    The image shows the letter F, a U.S. flag, followed by the letter K shone across the large, domed venue, with “Biden” printed beneath.

Duped again. Nice work. Hard to complain about Biden being a mush brain when you fall for things like this.
    Post edited by Kat on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    "FAmericanflagK Biden"?  Or is it "FOldGloryK Biden"? Interesting.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024